The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 4:07 pm

[ 432 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 29  Next
Tails 

MGN Username: SageHarpuiaJDJ
Currently Playing: The game of Life
Waifu: Beruka from Fates
Bomono wrote:
Sachamel wrote:
Initiate down b in the air, then let go as you jump, roughly at the same time I think (you have to be grounded for this part of course).

to expand upon that its also a great idea to jump quickly, then initiate down b, then press jump again. also how good is my tails?

You need to be nerfed. I've never seen a player use dashdancing and mobility so well. I also like the times that you used Tails' wavedash. Those qualities along with constant mixing up of attacks makes you a very tough nut to crack. However, I did see a pattern in you assault. You tend to move back a lot and not shield or dodge. My style of play still needs work and I couldn't properly capitalize, but quick adapting players could capitalize on that. I'm not 'pro', but I do notice some things. Hope you take this into consideration.

Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:53 pm

MGN Username: Bomono3
Currently Playing: Some platformer
Sage of Google wrote:
You tend to move back a lot and not shield or dodge. My style of play still needs work and I couldn't properly capitalize, but quick adapting players could capitalize on that. I'm not 'pro', but I do notice some things. Hope you take this into consideration.

speaking of shielding, what are the best options out of shield for tails, i never feel like i can do anything out of shield and get away with it.

as for your style of play, dont go for such short range attacks against tails. despite tails projectile destroying all projectiles, projectile spamming and far range attacks such as Zamus' tend to shut down players and force them to camp neutral be in the air or on the ground, usually the only real way to get a attack in on a projectile spammer is to either jump spam neutral b, or to aerial spindash at them, as aerial spindash has very high priority.

My main is tails.
My secondaries are peach and fox.

My soundcloud (no relation to other accounts of the same name, its a long story)
https://soundcloud.com/caffinluvstmgc

Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:03 pm

MGN Username: Sachamel
Bomono wrote:
Sachamel wrote:
Initiate down b in the air, then let go as you jump, roughly at the same time I think (you have to be grounded for this part of course).

to expand upon that its also a great idea to jump quickly, then initiate down b, then press jump again. also how good is my tails?

Yeah I know about that haha, just wanted to point out it's not necessary to "jump cancel" it. Of course your method is more useful tho!.

Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:33 pm

does upsmash have a tiny soft hit hitbox. i used it and it hit, they were at 150 percent, but they lived and were only sent up slightly, even with a damage ratio of 0.5% (which it wasn't) it should have killed.

My main is tails.

My soundcloud (no relation to other accounts of the same name, its a long story)

Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:51 pm
BR Member

Yeah ive noticed on occasion some moves dont seem to hit like they should

Ive ate a rest like nothing at 60% once.

Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:59 pm

anybody have any tips for the samus matchup. i have never felt so helpless at a matchup in my life. just about every approach i have can be countered by using down-b, and the only ones that aren't are either shieldstabed by the power missile, or are so extremely easy to punish that they are not worth mentioning. i have tried zoning my attacks but the missiles just wont let me get in. every single approach, tailsdash or not just ends up in me getting hit. I want to know if there is any actual approach on samus as tails.

My main is tails.

Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:48 pm

MGN Username: Sachamel
Don't play Tails nor Samus, tho the only advice I'd could give it's to just be less reckless in your approaches, since the bomb in fact can shut most of em (and against other characters too of course). When fighting against a Tails player I see they try to just get in regardless of the circumstances; tho it works most of the time coz of the speed of the character, in this MU it can be dangerous.

Since he's got more jumps than others maybe it's possible to try to punish her after dropping a bomb (since she leaves the ground for a moment) or try to bait her to jump in the air, where most of your attacks are faster than hers. In this situation missiles shouldn't be much trouble; and in general missiles aren't that hard to avoid (lag after the attack and you can crouch under them).

Hope some of this helps, and if not sorry haha

Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:31 pm

i appreciate the advice, but i have tried just about all of it.

tails edgegaurd doesn't have to always be down-b, for some reason i thought this. but recently i got the idea to arial spindash off the ledge as it keeps your momentum, jump and face towards the stage, then Bair as a fast means of edgegaurding, or perhaps fair if you feel like mixing it up. or it is possible if you for some reason feel like pulling off a diar, you can. you can also remove the jump if you are going for a quick dair before a opponent like link or ichigo goes into unedgegaurdable, unless you have the aim of a master, (up-b) you could probably get away with it if they are low enough. though most of you probably already knew this. or not, i dont know.

My main is tails.

Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:49 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
Against Samus I would try to bait a commitment by Samus and then approach. Try to get a read on Samus and predict when they are going to land a bomb, and then use Tails's speed to approach quickly. Just practice powershielding the missiles on reaction (at least the Super Missiles, which are fairly easy to powershield), and you should be able to work your way around the bombs.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:00 am
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
samuraiman26 wrote:
RemPrower wrote:
Bomono wrote:
honest question. does anyone not like facing tails in a fight. because I dont see much hate coming towards this character. Its very strange.

People don't really get mad at us Tails users because there are only, like, 4 of us. People don't like being dragged by sideb but that's about it.

This. There are worse things.

The only ones I can think of off my head are Me, Rem, Jellybean....wow... I can't think of more right now.

Count me in, once I get this Tailsdash done pernamently, I´ll give him a try online. Looks pretty hard though with ~1 second input delay.

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:26 am
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
Hey Samuraiman, want to have a Tails ditto someday? I think I learned some things that I want to test on human players. Same goes for all the other 4 Tails out there ;)

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:23 pm

Skailler wrote:
Hey Samuraiman, want to have a Tails ditto someday? I think I learned some things that I want to test on human players. Same goes for all the other 4 Tails out there ;)

Sure! Left you a PM about it :)

Credit to Sachamel and Saikyoshi for the pic.

Beginner alert :p Learning how to play Tails

Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:08 pm

Skailler wrote:

yo just message me when i'm in the IRC or PM me, i will fight you so long as the connection is decent. also, samuraiman, whats your IGN i dont think i have fought you before.

My main is tails.

Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:12 pm

MGN Username: gEmssbguy13
Currently Playing: Smash Bros, FNaF, Undertale, GMod, Delver, Xenoblade, ect...
At least someone else besides me thinks Samus's Bombs are annoying. :hmph:

Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:51 pm

Samurai, finally got some footage of my tails, actually remembered to press save.

https://www.mediafire.com/?7vorz67sgjmf2s8

https://www.mediafire.com/?gp7au47xxgfd32v

wish i saved some of my matched vs kyoz

My main is tails.

Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:38 am
 [ 432 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 29  Next