The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 1:08 pm

[ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
Ness 

Currently Playing: League of Legends, Kid Icarus Uprising, Team Fortress 2, Super Smash Flash 2!
PK Starstorm lasts an OBSCENE amount of time.

Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:20 am

Currently Playing: SSF2,PM,SSB64
All hail the Ness's DJC Option.

Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:03 pm

Waifu: Shiori Tsukada
LittleLeo Cofofo wrote:
All hail the Ness's DJC Option.
Of course, except on wifi.

Rip.

Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:30 pm

MGN Username: WRXJoey
Currently Playing: osu!
Waifu: yes
PK Thunder won't go into helpless mode if it hits the ground or an opponent

Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:09 am

WRXJoey wrote:
PK Thunder won't go into helpless mode if it hits the ground or an opponent
Da bayuszzz evar

Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:14 am

Densetsu wrote:
So after a little playing as Ness:
*Like I said, PK Flash seems more useful for edgeguarding now. It's still not great IMO, but it works.
*Up Smash has less knockback, but is faster and can combo into an aerial.
*Both Up Smash and Down Smash seem to trap foes a little easier while charging.
*SMAAAASH!! now goes at the same speed as a normal Side Smash.
*Side tilt is slow, but if you use it near an edge, you may be able to follow with a Dair.
*Fair is...different?
*I think Uair and Dair have more knockback now. That rocks.
*PSI Magnet doesn't heal :/
*PK Starstorm lasts much longer and the stars come out at different angles.

Are these accurate? Am I missing important stuff?

Ness's fair lasts for a shorter anount of time, and feels like it has more cooldown time; a nerf in my opinion.

Side tilt is ridiculously bad, especially when you look at characters like Captain Falcon, Fox, and even Kirby and Ichigo. Ness's side tilt has no range and a ridiculous amount of cooldown time.
PSI Magnet not healing is listed as a known issue.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:15 am

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
I'm still baffled at the fact that PSI Magnet can Shine-Cancel, but still doesn't have a hit-box.
Where the Psychic-tech at?

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:31 pm

Location: ...Beneath the high tide centrifuse covered and hidden under the bermuda complex
Currently Playing: with my ****
Zalozis wrote:
I'm still baffled at the fact that PSI Magnet can Shine-Cancel, but still doesn't have a hit-box.

I was gonna say the saaaaaaaaame thing lmao, I'm holding ness down in PM...This is one of the rare cases where I virtually cannot transition to a SSF2 interpretation of character.

GM

Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:49 am

Currently Playing: LoL, SSF2, Guild wars 2,
i noticed that his PK flash (fully charged) hit box is a little short on the back of the animation

Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:54 pm

GreaterMaelstrom wrote:
Zalozis wrote:

I was gonna say the saaaaaaaaame thing lmao, I'm holding ness down in PM...This is one of the rare cases where I virtually cannot transition to a SSF2 interpretation of character.
It's not really that bad of a transition.

Quick drop magnet and offstage pkt1 cancels/pkt1 cancels in general leave a lot of room already for imagination.

Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:02 pm

MGN Username: SoldierSunday
Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2
Does everyone else think ness has a great techchasing game? and do you guys think he is viable?

" You know what neither Melee nor Brawl have ? Controller input history in training mode." - 228zip, 2013

Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:08 pm

MGN Username: Shine!
Currently Playing: Minecraft Bedrock & Roblox
Waifu: All guys from Free!
SoldierSunday wrote:
Does everyone else think ness has a great techchasing game? and do you guys think he is viable?
I don't know what he can do that other characters can't. Honestly I would place him in K tier. Even Peach has better edgeguarding and recovery options than Ness(no offense to Ness mains :?) Just my opinion, his FAir was nerfed, his PK Thunder is slower, I just don't see his redeeming qualities. :(

Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:51 pm
YIM

MGN Username: Nstinct
Currently Playing: Smash Bros. 4 3DS, Super Smash Flash 2
SoldierSunday wrote:

I've had many successful tech chases with Ness, his tech chases is a large part of what makes him really fun to play with. Ness seems viable to me, only sometimes I can't find my groove and get bodied. Ness is a character with short range(he has to be really close), light, and easy to combo so when your punished you can get punished hard.

His Fair a great way to recover from the ledge, you have to hit with the corners of Fair to really push people. Uair is a solid kill if you can get under people without them out-ranging you. Dair a solid spike on sometimes if their up-b doesn't interrupt your dair and you can catch them offguard. Nair is great for SHFF combos across the stage and is his go to "get off me" move.

Down Throw is the core of his combo game, it can ledge to a wide array of moves. The recent update with more effective DI nerfed his chain grab, it can still be done but you need to read your opponent.

PKT being able to be used multiple times in air is a huge buff to PKT, I've been experimenting with this recently. It can be a great interruption and lead to free hits or an Uair finisher. Off stage PK Pulse off the ledge is a new thing I'm trying out, you'll trade with most characters but if the timing is right and their move/save isn't spiking you it's worth it.

Here's some matches between Haux and I (local), it doesn't show you the experimentation I mentioned above, but you can see some decent tech chases when he's not sweeping the stage with me. I play more defensively because Ichigo's insane moves and range combined with Haux offense+++ style causes me anxiety:
(To lazy to upload via youtube)
Nstinct VS Haux 1
Nstinct VS Haux 2

Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:05 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Zapperrix
After playing with Ness a lot during the past few days, I feel that while he's one of the weaker characters, he can do hold his own quite well do to some great tools.

-PK Fire is a great mid range tool that helps to alleviate his issues with range and it usually guarantees a free hit.
-F-air is still a great poke. It you DJC it properly against a grounded opponent, you get a free grab (since the last hit won't hit, but they'll be in hitstun). F-air also beats quite a few things, making it a good approach.
-While N-air isn't as good as some other N-airs it has low end lag, so if you full hop you can do another aerial immediately after N-air ends, leaving room for mixups.
-U-air is a great kill move that can be combo'ed from many things.

I'm pretty sure there are a lot more tools for this character. Now i'll try to find a use for PK Flash.

ZERO_OR wrote:
Also their is no such things as GODS.

Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:11 am

PK Flash is extremely slow moving, and has a large delay before doetonating. So unless someone has a predictable and slow recovery, I don't think theres a use for it.

Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:34 pm
 [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next