The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:17 pm

[ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Vistoric Battles 

Building some concepts from an MMO brainstorm I had with a friend (mostly in classes section)
Also...'Borrowing' content from all over...

Over the last hundred years, the continent has been engulfed in wars between warring mercenary groups, known as Clans. In desperation for peace, the leaders of the countries resorted to creating an event where the clans fought it out to see who claimed the title of top clan for the next 4 years. The true meaning of these battles was never given out to the public, as it would spark outrage. Our story begins with the small clan, Ezioß, who are on their way to the the 22nd battles. However, the wheel has already begun to turn, and events beyond comprehension are about to come forth and take a toll upon the world as they know it.
----
MAP
----
Crest ~ the mainland. In the very middle of the continent is where the clan fights are held. Ezioß hails from this land.

Forge & Altis ~ Two neighboring lands which technically count as one country, but struggle against one another constantly.

M.I.S ~ Three islands to the northeast of Crest. What the acronym stood for is low long forgotten. Most activities are peaceful trading around the world, as they are too weak to defend themselves properly.
As a member of the mercenary group, you have a choice of either being a veteran or new member. There are no huge advantages or disadvantages to choosing either, though as a newer member, you receive less respect from the other older members of the group.

Human Types
There are four human types; Normal, Dragon-heart, Roid, and Host. All types except for normal have special effect bonuses, which can increase the abilities of the character when activated at the correct time.
----
Normal: The Normal are regular humans, just like you and me. They have no special enhancements, but are the most widely variant group of Types in the world and can be anything from a drunkard to a king.

Dragon-Heart: Dragon-Hearts are those who are part of a fantastic lineage going back to the beginning of time. They are the wisest and most levelheaded Type, though sometimes a bad egg can slip through. Dragon-Hearts hold the heart of a dragon instead of a human heart. At certain moments, the full power of the heart can be released, and they receive a boost in movement and all skills. However, the small bodies the dragon-hearts are trapped in can't take the enormous amount of strain on their bodies for very long, and if they stay unleashed for too long, their heart stops or their body breaks apart from strain.

Roids: Roids are the cause of an uncommon birth defect which increases growth of muscle mass severely and creates a natural form of the muscle buildup that is caused by steroids. Some have less of a mass than others and appear as a normal well-built human. These are Roid Runts, which are extremely weaker than the regular Roids. The only purpose in a Roid's life ends up being a life as a warrior, and entire armies are built upon Roids alone. Because this natural will to fight, their unleashed ability puffs of their muscles to unbelievable sizes, as hard as steel; making it almost impossible to hurt them. Their strength is increased to the fullest extent: they can kill any normal human, mutilate a Host going psycho into bloody shreds, and injure a Dragon-Heart in full form.

Host: Hosts are the people who were chosen by a special parasite and entered. They eat twice or even three times as much as a normal human because of the parasite's feeding. Hosts are weakened physically by the parasite, and can't hold their own against a human in melee combat. Instead, the parasites inject major magical buffs into the Host's body, increasing magic resistance and magic power. They can increase the magic buildup in their bodies and release it by going "Psycho". When Psycho, Hosts can drain life and magic, buff weapons or others, and go particularly s*** insane.

Classes
There are numerous classes that can be taken up in the world. You first choose a main class, which then determines what skills your character can use effectively (i.e. fixing s***, using magic more effectively.). Dual classing isn't allowed, as it won't work well.
Humans No class restrictions
Dragon-Hearts Cannot be an Engineer
Roids absolutely MUST be a Warrior class
Hosts Cannot be melee class as they have no physical strength
-----
Warrior [armor usage marked]
The most basic main class, Warriors are very useful as a main line upon the field and are handy in any clan
-----
Paladin: Paladins are the Holy mounted knights who fight for their god(s) of choice. They are the only class who can ride a living mount. blessed with almighty speed by their god(s) of choice, they are flexible on the field and do major damage on their own. Partial Armor
Paladins can choose from three mounts
*Stallion - Known as the perfect mount for any Paladin, stallions are an important mount on the field, yet they compromise sturdiness for speed.
*Land Dragon (Large Komodo Dragon) - The mount of choice for the famous Dragon-Heart Paladins. A fast, versatile mount, it can take quite a beating as it is the sturdiest of the group.
*Ostrich - The fastest of the bunch, Ostriches are the least favored for their temper, but are still an important and wise addition to any Paladin.

Cossack: The Cossack is a legendary fighting force brought to the world by travelers from a distant land. Cossacks are the only Warrior class which uses a gun instead of the preferred sword, lance, or axe. They are also mounted units, but can only use Stallions. No armor

Armor: A class which utilizes large amounts of armor to cover any weak points. The armor lowers their speed severely, making them easily to team up upon. Armors are one of the better support classes available. Full armor

Corsair: A Pirate-like class which operates upon land. They fight with brute force, even if the weapon was never made to do so. They can wield virtually any weapon, making them a widely versatile class. No armor/Partial armor

Hunter: Lone warriors who hunt their prey with a variety of weapons, though not as versatile as the Corsair can. Hunters are also well trained in their survival skills and can find remedies for all ills in the bountiful earth. No armor

Blazer: Blazers are broadsword swinging warriors who choose to throw away their armor for speed. They wreak havoc upon all mounted classes, and have a suitable advantage against armored classes, as their large swords can cleave the armor in two. No armor

Dervish (NOTE: NOT THE SUFI DERVISHES): Dervishes are a nomadic people who have shunned the use of weapons. They instead fight with a complex martial style, which is just as breathtaking to watch as it is breathtaking to note the power in a combination of attacks. Most likely the most brutal class above blazer. They, however, have less range than those with weapons and are at a serious disadvantage to other melee classes. No armor

-----
Engineer
Though a main class with only a few sub classes, the work an engineer can do on and off the field is never of little importance. Though, engineers never prosper as main units, always doing well as supports.
-----
Cannoneer: The Cannoneer is one of the most primary Engineer classes. With their shoulder mounted hand cannons (held as if a bazooka) created by the user himself, they can cause massive damage to lines of enemies. Most Cannoneers are sturdy and take a good amount of hits to be put out of commission.

Demolitionary: Striking in a moment's notice, a demolitionary uses the explosive tools of his trade to shut down any armored resistance with ease. A lightweight and versatile class, they are much like a smaller cannoneer.

Saboteur: The ultimate calling for the rouge-ish engineer, the Saboteur works swiftly and quietly; dismantling defenses and setting up traps, the Saboteur uses guerrilla tactics to ensure a swift victory for him comrades.

Flak-Fist: The Flak-Fist is a unique class which combines the Cannoneer and Saboteur. Flak-Fists use small versions of hand cannons, giving them better maneuverability. They can be described as a Saboteur which uses a hand cannon, and are an alternative to the Saboteur who doesn't wish to enter close combat.
-----
Magicist [Can major in their element of choice Fire, Water, Wind, and Earth where noted (F, Wa, Wi, E)]
The magicist is the main class of all magical users, whether it is good or bad. If support or main, magicists are always an important class to have.
-----
Cleric: The ever important clerics are an inexhaustible resource unlike medicine you buy. Always good to have in handy of an emergency, clerics can make bad boo-boos go away in an instant. Whether a slight scrape or large gash, it can be fixed.

Scholar: The end result of years of studying ancient texts, scholars can perform high level ancient spells and summon their Hi-Familiar. Their Hi-Familiar is representative of who they truly are and can either be strong or weak. [Wi, E]

Chemist: Chemists are the creators of many concoctions. They can use these in battle to buff or debuff others. Solely used as a support.

Whisp: Whisps are those who wield the dark arcane arts. Their spells are as strong as the ancient ones wielded by the scholars, but the Whisps' spells have 'added' effects. [F, Wa, Wi, E]

Majik Knight: Majik Knights are magicists who wield a rune inscribed sword which can evoke a myriad of elements at will, but do not fight sword to sword. They in fact, are the only magicist class to actually wear any armor, and have a higher defense than others. They are the only magicist class that is proficient as a main unit. [F, Wa, Wi, E]

Majicians: Majicians are a special bred class which is the result of microscopic entities injected into the body to enhance majikal performance. Majicians can create powerful illusions which can do intense harm to a human's body, mental or physical. They can also use illusions to benefit their allies as well.

Hopefully, I don't need to explain too much on how this works.
Mostly, with magicists, your spells don't have names, you make some motions, and s*** appears, simple.
No archers as Cossacks, Cannoneers, and Demolitionaries all have ranged options, and are equivalent to archers.

If you choose a class with armor, you must have armor mentioned in the appearance section of your character, especially if it's partial, because then you need to explain what part is armored.
If you are a magicist sub class with elemental spell abilities, place what your spell major is, according to what you may use with that class.

All that should be taken care of. Any questions will be answered.

Gunnar Rehis
The one eyed, one armed leader of Ezioß. He is a Roid Runt, and therefore looks like a normally built man. His Roid abilities are not completely under his control, and he must be soothed by the sound of music to be calmed. He is a Blazer, one of the best in the world, and his clan has won the fights several times. As a Roid, he can easily wield the broadsword with one hand, and is perfectly able to cleave a man in half with it with ease. dressed in simple villager's clothes, he can be mistaken very easily.
He's normally a calm man and even though he is a Roid, he isn't the bit irrational.

Anona Quad
The gifted daughter of a nobleman, she is a prodigy at the violin, able to ad lib at any moment, sounding perfect. She was continually the target of quite a few kidnapping attempts because of this talent. She convinced Gunnar to protect her as along as she soothed him with beautiful music every night. She wears thick white robes with gold trim that completely cover her body like a blob expect for her head.
She speaks unemotionally, and acts as if she doesn't care for anything but her violin and music.

Other NPCs
The Inspectors
The group of almost Immortal men (with one woman) who created the Clan fights to end war. Newer members have taken place of a few dead ones, and have different points of view about the meaning of the battles compared to the original member's.

Sheet:
Name:
Member status: (write new or veteran)
Main Class: (follow restrictions for types)
Sub Class: (follow restrictions for types)
Appearance:
Biography: (if your member is a veteran also explain how they joined, if they're relationship levels with the NPCs, etc. Don't worry, I'm versatile, I can easily work around these things you've added)
Extra Info:

Green Mage
Name: Allen Lacessit
Type: Normal
Member status: Veteran
Main Class: Melee
Sub Class: Corsair
Appearance: About 6’1 and fairly muscular, he has brown hair, along with green eyes. He surprisingly has only one scar, a vertical cut across his right cheek. For his choice of clothing, he wears a non-descript white shirt (with chain mail usually under it) and over that, a dark red vest. His black pants usually have a knife scabbard belted to his left leg, and his similarly black boots has a scratch on the back, probably as some sort of symbol. Notably, he wears a metal face guard.
Biography: At a young age, he felt adventurous, and after learning about various firearms and explosives, decided to act as a independent mercenary, and made quite a name for himself, despite his age. Eventually, being solo got to him, and he soon joined a small clan, under a disguise (a paper thin one, anyway, and soon discarded it afterwards). As for his relations to the clan members, he tends to connect to the younger members, while sometimes having a strained one with the older ones. The main reason for that is he usually acts informal, and tends to sling insults at certain people.
Extra Info: His mother (father died) wanted something else for him, although eventually she gave up and simply asks him to stay safe.

Doromac
Name:Bob Jack
Type:Normal
Member status: veteran
Main Class: Engineer
Sub Class: Demolitionary
Appearance:Old, white, wrinkly, dirty, red neck, guy. He wears a jump suit, yet somehow you can still see his buttcrack
Biography: Raised off of raccoons , squirrel, and deer meat, he spent the majority of his childhood blowing up things like rocks, broken stuff, and occasionally a bird or the neighbor's cat. He loves dogs and owns a blood hound. The only thing he cares about is blowing up things.
Extra Info:"Woohoo!!! Go Crest, Go Crest, Go Crest!!! Look at that thar explosion go!!! Hot dog she be a beauty!"

Please go ahead, ask questions.
And also, please try to join if you find any interest in this.
This must be my 5th RP idea, and if this ends up like the others in a lack of interest, I'll be sad
: (

Last edited by A Cat on Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:41 am, edited 9 times in total.

Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:12 pm
Site Moderator

I'll do three, if this works.

What do you mean by *don't fight sword to sword*?

Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:56 pm

Green Mage wrote:
I'll do three, if this works.

What do you mean by *don't fight sword to sword*?

Melee combat with the sword really.

Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:03 am
Site Admin

What happened to Moon_Dream? *shrugs* I'm liking the magicists section...I'll whip up something in the next few days...I'm starting to have a lot of stuff on my plate.

Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:42 am
Site Moderator

Kiki wrote:
What happened to Moon_Dream? *shrugs* I'm liking the magicists section...I'll whip up something in the next few days...I'm starting to have a lot of stuff on my plate.

Well, I might use Acantha and Kell's idea for my characters....

...And making a RP in not-so-section kinda deadens it.

Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:01 am

I might do three like Green Mage. Very interesting.

Blue Mage wrote:
Nope, that chick's got tits. Pedobear ain't on that.

Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:32 am

Currently Playing: The Game
Oh man, a Roid Cossack would be so own.

Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:10 am
Site Moderator

Main Class: Melee
Sub Class: Corsair
Appearance: About 6’1 and fairly muscular, he has brown hair, along with green eyes. He surprisingly has only one scar, a vertical cut across his right cheek. For his choice of clothing, he wears a non-descript white shirt (with chain mail usually under it) and over that, a dark red vest. His black pants usually have a knife scabbard belted to his left leg, and his similarly black boots has a scratch on the back, probably as some sort of symbol. Notably, he wears a metal face guard.
Biography: At a young age, he felt adventurous, and after learning about various firearms and explosives, decided to act as a independent mercenary, and made quite a name for himself, despite his age. Eventually, being solo got to him, and he soon joined a small clan, under a disguise (a paper thin one, anyway, and soon discarded it afterwards). As for his relations to the clan members, he tends to connect to the younger members, while sometimes having a strained one with the older ones. The main reason for that is he usually acts informal, and tends to sling insults at certain people.
Extra Info: His mother (father died) wanted something else for him, although eventually she gave up and simply asks him to stay safe.

I got distracted by TVtropes, any problems with him? I'll do the next two later.

Last edited by Green Mage on Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:46 pm

Green Mage wrote:
Main Class: Corsair
Sub Class: Demolitionary

I got distracted by TVtropes, any problems with him? I'll do the next two later.

The only problem I see here are the classes.
The main classes are Warrior, Engineer, and Magicist.
The sub classes are the classes in those sections.

Your Main is messed up.

Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:54 pm
Site Moderator

Fixed.

Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:54 pm

Okay, I'll set that up.

Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:56 pm

tl;dr

Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:42 pm

Not Sayonara wrote:
tl;dr

Wow, you sure are lazy.

Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:12 pm

Whimskull wrote:
Not Sayonara wrote:
tl;dr

Wow, you sure are lazy.

That's just plain ole bad.

Blue Mage wrote:
Nope, that chick's got tits. Pedobear ain't on that.

Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:37 pm

Updated the first post with a hastily done map.
It's not too important, but it gives a good idea of the world itself.

Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:23 pm
 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next