The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 6:30 pm

[ 1460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 98  Next
Omnivident - Book 1: A War of Souls 

Waifu: I'm married
Alice picked up the two folders and read them off to the group.
"Okay, now that you all know what the assignments are, feel free to decide for yourselves which one you take." The note technically told her to decide, but there wasn't much to go off of. "The only thing that worries me is the magnetic crane mentioned in the first one - if your abilities use metal you probably should go for the Mystorium mission. Also, I'd appreciate it if you would refrain from packing yourselves all into one group."
She glanced at Adi. Hopefully his lecturing would wait. "I'll take the group to the hospital and scrapyard if you'll lead the other mission. I'm sorry but there's not really anyone else with Basil gone."

Daniel, of course, intended to go to the Mystorium, but he waited until a few others had chosen the same before announcing this for fear of drawing attention to himself.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:44 pm
YIM WWW

Currently Playing: The Game
Junior Krol seemed rather resigned as he replied to Adi.

"Really now, how did you get in to a fight with a girl you were supposed to look after and her man-eating tiger familiar? There are better ways to flirt with girls you know that right?" he said to the junior in his typical deadpan fashion.

Adi quickly ran and fetched a pair of wooden tongue depressors and a bit of tape and set to examining the junior's finger. Carefully aligning the finger according to his knowledge of biology and simple first aid, he taped the two pieces of wood together around the appendage so that it remained still. It was a simple medical splint but it'd be better to get the finger checked out.

"Keep this on for now. Afterwards, go find a real doctor before the day is out. I don't want your finger to heal improperly and for your own sake, don't trust an Ars Salutis, they're more likely to magic your pain away than actually fix it."

The brief bit of treatment done he turned his attention back to senior Pearson who was now rattling off the two assignments Doctor Dawn had deigned unimportant enough for her to palm off to the students. He walked slowly towards his senior as she called out to him, apparently she wanted him to lead the Mystorium investigation.

"I'll overlook your flirting with a younger man if you let me pick the team."

She was probably not going to like the choice he gave her. Either she'd be in for a supposed tongue-lashing in the short term or she'd give him a great deal of freedom which would probably going to end up doing her no good in the long run. Either way a win for him and Adi felt a bit of smugness at his manoeuvrings though he tried to hid it behind his stone face. He also quickly added.

"I'll try not to take more than a third of our number if you'll let me. I also don't suggest you take both tiger girl and junior Krol, we should give the two lovers time to meditate on their quarrel."

((Holy s*** we have 18 characters running around.))

Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:59 pm

Currently Playing: Dota 2
New missions, but this time there were two of them. Makes sense since the club had grown as having a large amount of students running around without fine tuning of their powers could end badly. Li was up for either one but was more suited for the scrapyard since his spiritual sense was above most of the others. He would be an invaluable asset during the day time.

"Alright, I'll come with you to the scrapyard Alice," he said while taking a step forwards. "Random pieces of metal moving unexpectedly does seem more interesting than a dangerous artifact on the loose," he jokingly added.

The idea of going out on missions was a bit strange, but the only reason Dom decided was to agree with it was because he had a legitimate reason to not attend class. The scrapyard grabbed his attention instantly. He would always hang out around the scrapyard when he was young with his friends. Most of the time there, they would be running from the security guard who was now injured. This didn't stop Dom from wanting to go back for a bit of nostalgia, plus it would be fun to see if the guard remembers him.

"I would like to go to the scrapyard as well," Dom added to the end of Li's sentence. "I know the place quite well, growing up around that area and all."

Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:48 pm

Currently Playing: Skyrim,Warframe, and League Of Lag
Lotus began to listen to Alice about the "missons" As she did Dot vanished again. When she heard the boy, who had broke up the fight, talking she began to get mad. COUPLE! COUPLE!! She shoved her way to the front by Alice and said. "If we're splitting up I wanna go to the scrapyard with Alice." Lotus learned Alice's name from one of the other students. She let out a little mew as she used her "puppy" (No wait) "kitty eyes".

Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:50 pm

Currently Playing: Dragonball Xenoverse, Civilization 5, Europa Universalis 4
"I'll go to the Mystorium." Seeing as more and more students were already choosing the scrapyard, Johnathan decided to go for the Mystorium. Either one for him would have been fine, but nothing really jumped out at him. "Looks like we're together again." He says as he walks over to Adi. Johnathan then waits to see what the remaining members of the group decide.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:41 am
Site Admin

OOC: I know >.> I literally can't have anyone join anymore. Also, remember not to take anything Eveyln says as GM related. There is no definite direction or way that the group has to split up, etc. You have free reign with your choices.

Evelyn floated to Adi's side indicating where she planned on heading. Alice was nice and all, but she had grown accustomed to Adi's style of leadership. Besides, his strict and militaristic nature seemed to somewhat remind her of her upbringing at home. Her family had always taken training as an incredibly serious matter, so she felt comfortable to be in an environment to continually do so.

"Not that I doubt the abilities of our members" she began before she paused for a minute and shook her head "No wait, I do. I may not have been able to watch most of the fight but little Miss-White-Haired-Kitty is erratic, if not dangerous, August is presently injured, and Maximilian is a disgrace." She stated while looking at her nails idly. "On top of this we have a handful of people who have only JUST learned how to use their abilities. Excuse me for being concerned about my present state of health, but how can I be sure that something won't go wrong like last time. If it wasn't for that fancy light show and Miss Rachel sending that...thing...away, we would most certainly not be here." She landed on the ground lightly and crossed her arms.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:31 am

Tsubaki walked up to Alice tentatively, but a little more confident that last time.

"Um, Alice, I don't mind staying with Ms. Sullivan. I don't think I could disturb someone if I tried." Tsubaki smiled as she said this. "And... please tell Phora I'm sorry for hitting her in the face."

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'

Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:27 am

Waifu: I'm married
"F-flirting?" Alice stammered like an embarrassed child. It wasn't a big deal to her which assignment she went on, but after that little comment she stubbornly decided to find some way not to give him what he wanted. Luckily she didn't really have to find a way, it presented itself to her in the form of a trio of students asking to go with her to the scrapyard. "Look, Adi," She said with a smug grin, "I've got a little gang of loving pupils, and you're going to take them away from me?" She motioned towards Lotus, directing Adi's gaze to the girl's pleading eyes.

Next Tsubaki spoke up from beside her. "Really?" Alice replied. "I figured you'd be excited for your first mission. Well, go ahead then. You're probably the best person for the job anyway." She nodded to her other request and snapped her fingers. Phora appeared, but without any of the fancy showmanship she was so fond of using.

"What now-" She began as she rubbed her head, but stopped when she saw Tsubaki. Her eyes widened and she hid herself behind Alice's shoulder. "Alice, the witch is gonna get me."

"She said she's sorry for hitting you in face. For the love of god quit being so dramatic, you clawed open a girl's arm five minutes ago."

The creature peaked over Alice's shoulder and stared hard at Tsubaki. "Promise not to cast any spells on me?"

Daniel gathered alongside the others who were planning to go to the Mystorium. It would definitely serve him better to be chauffeured by Alice - that third year's uncanny perception was bound to cause him problems.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:03 pm
YIM WWW

Despite being slightly disheartened by Evelyn's absence of tact, Logan moved over to stand with Adi and his group.
"Well, my weapons may nae be physical, but I cannae be sure th' magnet won't affect them. An' besides, if tha' stolen artifact does turn out to be dangerous, I should be there."

Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:20 pm

Currently Playing: nothing anymore
Neither mission interested him so instead Damian looked at the groups. The group that wanted to head to the scrapyard consisted of mostly his fellow new members while the other group seemed to consist of a few more experienced members. Of course one girl there expressed her thoughts as to why she joined which were probably offensive to others but Damian didn't care. He hadn't really ever in his life cared for the opinions of others and if these folks were so experienced then he would be learning on the job from them. He then made his decision, walked over to the group led by the guy, and told them "I'm with you guys."

Last edited by Jack on Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:34 pm

Currently Playing: The Game
The groups were forming on their own and senior Pearson seemed so smug at how it was turning out. Adi didn't really frown, just returning a rare smile, as she implied she had the upper hand.

"Actually, I was thinking of requisitioning the entirety of junior Douglas' team, and maybe a few newcomers but I don't mind if the groups form themselves," he spoke before acting like a fact that he was ignoring came back to him, "Also, what was with that stammering? I do not believe myself to be mistaken if you are reacting like so."

His tone of voice was as ever the same throughout, neutral and just observant. Turning to the assemble students before him he could see most of what he would like for the assignment already.

"Oh and since that tiger girl is coming with you, I'll just take junior Krol, I think he is in need of some life counseling," he said with another smile.

That was two smiles in a day, a new record, if he was keeping track correctly.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:30 pm

Currently Playing: Skyrim,Warframe, and League Of Lag
Lotus began to get irritated with being called "tiger girl" . She look at the boy and said
" The names Lotus, you annoying senior." Once she said this she knew she might regret it. But she didn't think senior would lash out especially with the others looking at the senior. He wouldn't wanna make a bad example would he? Never the less Lotus was prepared in case he lashed out. Hoping he didn't use his power whatever it may be.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:28 pm
Site Moderator

'A disgrace?' Maximilian thought to himself as he peered long and hard at both forming groups. Sure he hadn't done much... well anything in the last mission, but compared to the rest of the kids in the room he was well above the the current bar. Closing his eyes for a moment and resting his finger tips against his temples, Maximilian took a moment to deliberate his forthcoming actions. Neither mission directly interested the boy, but interest had nothing to do with work. He would HAVE to pick regardless of what he wanted and so with little hesitation Maximilian decided he would go with Adi's team simply because Evelyn had called him out.

"Perhaps this time I will prove myself more useful and less of a disgrace to you and our team, Evelyn." Maximilian quickly moved to Adi's side and crossed his arms. "I'll put forth much more effort this time." he added sharply.

Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:34 am

"Iie, sumimasen Phora-san." Tsubaki replied, with a bow. "I'm very sorry. You may hit me on the head if you like. And I promise no spells."

Tsubaki gave a wink to Alice, then using her arte she drew a little heart, with a cross in it, which quickly faded away.

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'

Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:36 am
Site Admin

"I'll believe it when I see it" stated Evelyn in reply to Maximilian with a sniff of her nose and crossing her arms. The girl though, Lotus, she needed to be put in her place. She was a classic case of Animalium, loud and barbaric; Evenlyn really couldn't stand to be in the girl's presence and could not wait for the brief reprieve that would be provided by their being split into teams. However, if someone didn't put her in her place soon, Evelyn would take it upon herself to do so. Even if her wisps were on the fritz a bit, she could out fly and definitely outfight the girl with any medieval weapon.

"So, I guess we'll be leaving soon? Then again, we do have all of Saturday and Sunday to do these missions as well, though the sooner the better and all that"

Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:42 am
 [ 1460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 98  Next