The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 3:03 pm

[ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
One Piece 

Waifu: You!
Damian wrote:
[NU] wrote:
Ok its getting interesting again, now that Luffy is back.

The new attacks and fighting styles are amazed. The new chapters really contains some funny scenes as well, such as 'General Franky'!

Overall, I like the phase the manga is taking at the moment.

The whole VS thing at the moment is pretty cool

Ideas on new crew member? I've heard Shirahoshi, Jinbe or even Hyozo

Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:42 pm

MGN Username: NessSuccess
Currently Playing: Smash Bros
THoT wrote:
Damian wrote:
[NU] wrote:

The new attacks and fighting styles are amazed. The new chapters really contains some funny scenes as well, such as 'General Franky'!

Idk they all seem unlikely. Shirahoshi is to big xD!. I suppose Jinbe is possible, but idk I feel like he wouldn't fit in. But its definitely possible. The fact that I had to look up who Hyozo was well, we don't know enough about him to say so.
Some people were saying Caime. But ehh..

I want Sabo to make his return already and join!!! (lol but that would never happen, Sabo joining Luffys crew I mean)

3DS FC: 1633-4280-9596
NNID: Ness_Success

Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:36 am
YIM WWW
Site Moderator

Waifu: ElvisDitto
THoT wrote:
Damian wrote:
[NU] wrote:

I think Hatchan is more likely then Hyozo but I doubt that either Hatchan or Camie (certainly because Camie got pushed in the BG this story arc) are likely to remain on Fishmen Island. Jinbe seems like it'd be a fair guess, given how much time he spend with the crew already, and that he become really popular, but I dunno, I think he'll remain on Fishmen Island as a guardian. I also heard a lot of speculating for Mr. 2 to join the crew eventually.

(you can now tweet mean things at me on Twitter @StevenEggplant)

Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:25 pm

Honestly, im glad this arc is over, because it was kind of boring....

that being said,

the end of this arc was perfect. Jimbe giving Luffy his blood was the perfect way to get the point across that fishmen no longer have a grudge towards humans.

That aside, the last words of this chapter were way too exciting to read. "Jimbe, JOIN MY CREW".

ahh I love One Piece,

and Luffy.

Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:45 am
YIM WWW

I'm gonna miss this arc, it was so good

The fights and emotional scenes were amazing.

Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:39 am
Site Moderator

THE HERO OF TIME wrote:
I'm gonna miss this arc, it was so good

The fights and emotional scenes were amazing.

I agree, I also really liked the scenery.

Man, I'm hyped for the next chapter.

Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:04 pm

Jinbe says no

Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:22 am

THE HERO OF TIME wrote:
Jinbe says no

More like later.

Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:07 am
YIM WWW
Site Moderator

[NU] wrote:
THE HERO OF TIME wrote:
Jinbe says no

More like later.

Actually, he pretty much said 'yes', but he has to do other stuff first. After that he said he wanted to join.

Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:34 pm
Legendary Ghost

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XI, Left 4 Dead 2
Steven wrote:
[NU] wrote:
THE HERO OF TIME wrote:
Jinbe says no

More like later.

Actually, he pretty much said 'yes', but he has to do other stuff first. After that he said he wanted to join.

Jinbe is really the only one to join them that makes sense. Mr 2 is too much like Sanji(fighting-style wise), Hyozo doesn't work at all, and Hatchan hasn't shown off much in the ways of having his own combat style. I've kinda been expecting Jinbe as the new guy to join the group since he saved Luffy before the timeskip. The flashback showing his past just adds to the whole 'flesh out the character, then have him join' thing that One Piece frequently uses... What about the Kraken? Not a full-blown member, but more like a pet...

"Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants. I don't see many ice giants around."

Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:40 pm
Site Moderator

Hakker wrote:
Steven wrote:
[NU] wrote:
THE HERO OF TIME wrote:
Jinbe says no

More like later.

Jinbe is really the only one to join them that makes sense. Mr 2 is too much like Sanji(fighting-style wise), Hyozo doesn't work at all, and Hatchan hasn't shown off much in the ways of having his own combat style. I've kinda been expecting Jinbe as the new guy to join the group since he saved Luffy before the timeskip. The flashback showing his past just adds to the whole 'flesh out the character, then have him join' thing that One Piece frequently uses... What about the Kraken? Not a full-blown member, but more like a pet...

Well, actually Hatchan has that thing in wich he uses 6 swords, he still lost to Zoro and his 3 swords though. Hatchan is a nice guy and all, but in my opinion he's too weak to survive in the Straw Hat crew. The Kraken would just have been clumsy and improbable, as you said. Try to lug around an octopus that is as big as your ship everywhere where you go.
I think Mr.2 may actually have died. And if he didn't I doubt he would want to become a pirate (since he has never actually been a pirate).

But yeah, I agree that Jinbe would've been the only reasonable choice, I really wanted him to join and well, so I was suprised when he said he couldn't join yet. I'm curious about what that thing is, that gets in the way of him joining. Without a doubt it will be uncovered later on, wich will on it's turn also add on to the 'fleshing out the character'.

Also, Poseidon.

Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:51 pm
Legendary Ghost

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XI, Left 4 Dead 2
Steven wrote:
Hakker wrote:
Steven wrote:
[NU] wrote:
THE HERO OF TIME wrote:
Jinbe says no

More like later.

Well, actually Hatchan has that thing in wich he uses 6 swords, he still lost to Zoro and his 3 swords though. Hatchan is a nice guy and all, but in my opinion he's too weak to survive in the Straw Hat crew. The Kraken would just have been clumsy and improbable, as you said. Try to lug around an octopus that is as big as your ship everywhere where you go.
I think Mr.2 may actually have died. And if he didn't I doubt he would want to become a pirate (since he has never actually been a pirate).

But yeah, I agree that Jinbe would've been the only reasonable choice, I really wanted him to join and well, so I was suprised when he said he couldn't join yet. I'm curious about what that thing is, that gets in the way of him joining. Without a doubt it will be uncovered later on, wich will on it's turn also add on to the 'fleshing out the character'.

Also, Poseidon.
See, the only thing Hatchan has going for him in combat is that he can use more than 2 swords. In essence, he's a weaker version of Zoro. With a bit of Sanji (the cooking) mixed in. The Kraken could work, but he'd pretty much be a background character/a massive unfair advantage during ship combat. Mr. 2 might've been killed, but I wouldn't be surprised(and actually hope) that the guy had a guardian angel that stepped in and saved him at the last second. Either Jinbe is going to become incapacitated in the plotline that he has to finish, and someone else will get the new spot, or it'll be him, if you ask me.

Poseidon : control over the sea kings... Noah : massive f*** ship that could easily carry Poseidon. Who the heck is/was Joyboy?

"Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants. I don't see many ice giants around."

Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:04 pm

Steven wrote:
[NU] wrote:
THE HERO OF TIME wrote:
Jinbe says no

More like later.

so in other words, later.

I doubt Mr 2 is dead, since characters rarely die in One Piece. The fact that they didn't show his death convinces me even more that hes alive (same with Sabo). Everyone was expecting Jinbei to join, now we basically know hes going to sometime in the future. I'm also interested in whatever business he has to take care of. But tbh I wouldn't mind if Mr 2 became the next crew member, he'd actually fit in more than Jinbei imo. And he's already pretty tight with the crew, plus he saved Luffys life too. He's a great character I really hope we see more of him. Joy boy I don't think was ever mentioned before this arc. (now i'm going to confuse it with Jouki boy from Naruto -,-)

Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:57 pm
YIM WWW

I think
Shirahoshi will join, she has the most to gain, she would probably get the dream of not being a crybaby anymore

Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:41 pm

Currently Playing: Ninja Gaiden III
spoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoiler

Am I the only one who ignores characters left behind?

Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:50 am
 [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next