The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 4:09 pm

[ 5 posts ] 
Executable Help ? 

When starting the executable stays on black screen

But load the browser well

It's possible to fix it Why is it beta?

I'm sorry, I speak spanish

*google translate*

Tue May 30, 2017 12:03 am
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
We've gotten a few reports of this and are still trying to figure out what's going on, unfortunately I don't have any solutions yet.

Tue May 30, 2017 12:21 am

I've got the same problem, found no solution for it, but I can add some information that might make it easier to fix:

-I've got the same problem on newest Windows 10 (image of OP looks like Win7)
-reinstalled and redownloaded countless times
-I've actually tried using the very same build that runs well on my Laptop (which is yet not enjoyable because my laptop is laggy af) but that doesn't work either
-for me, it worked on a Win7 virtual machine (I have no idea how that's possible... but it doesn't use me much anyway, since the reason I wanna play the download version is the controller support)
-I got some fresh Adobe Flash Player versions, just to make sure (didn't change anything)
-I've uninstalled/deactivated any program that might possibly cause any trouble, which also didn't fix anything
-a new PC user doesn't fix it either
-web version also works for me

Soo, I've basically tried everything I can think off, with no results.

Wed May 31, 2017 6:55 am

I'm sorry for the double post, but I actually pretty much found the solution for the startup blackscreen issue many people (including me) are experiencing with SSF2 beta. I randomly figured out that the game launches normally when I pull out my bluetooth dongle. In addition to that, when I was desperately trying to find a solution, someone in the discord mentioned, that he fixed the problem by disconnecting his Dolphin sensor bar. So the problem seems to be related to bluetooth USB peripheals, or at least USB peripheals that in some way build up a wireless connection to something. I just wanted to let you know, since I heard of many people having this issue and I know myself how frustrating it is... I hope I could help.

Also, if you need given USB peripheal, like I do (since I want to use a bluetooth controller, which I need my dongle for) it works if you just plug it back in after launching beta.

Wed May 31, 2017 12:54 pm
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
That's super ultra weird, but very helpful!

Will see what we can do.

Wed May 31, 2017 1:50 pm
 [ 5 posts ]