The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 3:25 am

Forum rules

Anyone is free to post new topics here now. However please limit yourself to 3 maximum posts of your own per month, and absolutely NO debate topics!

Also please be mindful of what articles others post and try to show some variety. Posting multiple articles that are too similar could disinterest people from your topic.

[ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Don't answer a door with a wiimote in your hand..... 

why don't you go up to those cops and tell them who's boss instead of cry on computers

Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:02 pm

Waifu: I'm married
Dᴇᴠᴏɴ wrote:
WAR-THERAPY wrote:
instead of going rampant on the police officer, lets think about it. what could possible cause this?

1 - a wii-mote accessory in the shape of a gun. it could be black.
2 - the young guy opened the door too quickly, violently, and startled the cop. (for your information THIS ALREADY HAPPENED TO ME ONCE - during a paintball game, when i returned to our base, i was unsure if it was still being used by my tam of conquered( we didnt have microphones at the time) and when i went there, a guy opened it too quickly, and i instinctively fired... into my CO. he was NOT pleased.)
3 - bad lighting / a strange noise e.g. un-ataching the Nunchuk or something could resemle c*** a gun.
4 - something in the guy's attitude scared the police.
5 - a mixture of the above.

so, we know that there was no weapon found in the crime scene.
the wiimote colour is not specified.
accessories are not specified, so this could make point 1 void. (i believe that having the wiimote in a gun prop for Call of Duty or something would be relevant enough)
point 2 COULD have happened. people can get nervous. but i doubt it alone would make the police panic and shoot. (assuming thats what happened)
point 3 seems pretty valid. if i heard something like c*** a gun, i would deffinitely shoot first. however, its not that much of a solid chance, since policemen have pretty decent training with firearms, and i am pretty sure they can distinguish c*** sounds from other similar ones.

draw your own conclusions, but i think it was a mix of everything.

Okay, that explains what the cop did but it doesn't justify it by any stretch of the imagination. Why are people seriously defending the cop when it's perfectly clear that SHE'S the one in the wrong?

Problem with your theory, if the witnesses at the scene had seen an accessory on the wii remote, the article would have mentioned it and I've stated earlier that the vast majority of remotes are black so that doesn't excuse the cop.

And the lighting of the house is irrelevant. We don't know what time of day the murder took place but it doesn't matter because if it had taken place at night, the cops would have used flashlights as it would be incredibly irresponsible, not to mention DANGEROUS not to (another part of basic police training) and if the crime had taken pace during the day then the sunlight would have taken care of that naturally. Also, it goes without saying that the bad lighting argument would have to mean that it was pitch black inside the house and even if it was, I already explained why that doesn't hold water.

You've discredited your own point about the accessory making a noise and how cops are trained to know the difference between the noises (again, firearm identification training, it's a thing!)

It wouldn't have made a difference what the kid's attitude was because he didn't even get to say a word. Remember, the cop IMMEDIATELY shot him without saying anything.

Stop pretending that the cop was morally in the right! That's complete and utter s***!!

The article would not have stated if the wii remote had an attachment. Learn how the media works.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:50 pm
YIM WWW
Dᴇᴠᴏɴ wrote:
It wouldn't have made a difference what the kid's attitude was because he didn't even get to say a word. Remember, the cop

proof you didn't read the article

Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:44 pm

Clubby Bear wrote:
Dᴇᴠᴏɴ wrote:
It wouldn't have made a difference what the kid's attitude was because he didn't even get to say a word. Remember, the cop

proof you didn't read the article

OK, I should have been more specific. I DID know that the kid asked who was at the door and the cops didn't say anything. I stand by my argument that the kid didn't get to say a word after he opened the door.

Kyuubit Level Three wrote:
why don't you go up to those cops and tell them who's boss instead of cry on computers

I would but unfortunately, murder is against the law.

Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:35 pm
Site Moderator

Waifu: Trollbean
oh lord lmao

Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:54 pm
Site Moderator

MGN Username: Pochi
ironically, wiimotes do have an accesory resembling guns

TwitterAsk
Kittenpuncher wrote:
imagine having sex with a clown though
instead of a dick he just has one of those flowers that shoots water out

Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:30 pm

I know English isn't your first language but that isn't what that word means at all

Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:35 pm
Dᴇᴠᴏɴ wrote:
Kyuubit Level Three wrote:

I would but unfortunately, murder is against the law.

Are you serious right now

Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:38 pm

MGN Username: God-sama
Currently Playing: Minecraft, SMBX , Kirby Dreamland thingy.
I'm having a hard time deciding if the officer was wrong for shooting. She could of been tense at the time because the owner of the house had a record. An officers job is very dangerous, a seemingly simple day could turn life threatening.

Lukepi wrote:
read my post in your thread after i locked it.

i'm done. if you send me another PM with a sarcastic s#%$& attitude i'm banning you for 3 days.

go ahead and test me. see what happens.

;)

Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:41 pm

Currently Playing: Boi, ffxiv and dbz fighterz.
Waifu: am lonely
Mr.Yimbo wrote:
I'm having a hard time deciding if the officer was wrong for shooting. She could of been tense at the time because the owner of the house had a record. An officers job is very dangerous, a seemingly simple day could turn life threatening.

this is basically saying "shoot first ask questions later" is ok

sorry, I only listen to freshest jams from the youngest leans

Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:55 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: sports
If someone pulls a gun on you you can't stand there asking questions

Obviously not saying what happened was justified but you're drastically oversimplifying the issue

Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:20 pm

If they were standing close to each other it might of been faster to disarm the person of the potential weapon and apologize later. Otherwise safety comes first.

That's all I have to say on the matter.

Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:52 am

Oh yeah

Just reach through the f*** doorframe

Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:30 am

Currently Playing: Basket Ball!! (sing it with me!)
Who said there was a Doorframe?

Re: McLeodGaming 2013 Banner Contest

Clubby Bear wrote:
the devs say it's not a joke
so it's clearly part of the joke

Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:58 pm

Well

There was a door so

Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:01 pm
 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next