The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 11:00 am

[ 417 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
Chibi-Robo 

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
TSF|Cookies wrote:
looks like Masky needs to step up his reads :pikachu:

In order to try and bring some "life" back into this thread again, I went ahead and made a semi-accurate MU chart. Feel free to disagree (with constructive arguments plz), especially Im not 100% happy with this to be honest (some MUs are really finnicky to pinpoint a number for imo).

Click to expand thumbnail

Hmmm.

I will agree with DK and Fox being his hardest mus.

I think he beats Ness due to range, having a kill confirm on him and due to recovery. I also think his approach options beat out Ness'.

I also think he is even with Samus or beats Samus. This is due to him being able to out camp her in a way and turn her projectile game on her. He also has a confirm on her which makes it even more in Chibi's favor.

I am not sure about Wario losing to Chibi, I see that match as possibly even, but I hardly played it.

I do think Chibi beats Sonic due to him just shutting Sonic down with range and blaster.

I really think Link beats Chibi due to having more range, better horizontal kill power, due to Chibi being a medium-light character while Link just survives longer, and having better zoning tools that can keep Chibi out.

I do agree with him beating Jiggs, Kirby and Peach. Sora does give Chibi a little more trouble due to range and weird priority, but I do think Chibi wins that.

I will say Black Mage vs Chibi is 45 55 or even imo. This is due to Chibi out ranging Mage, being able to stop his set ups and having a confirm on him due to him being a below average faller. However, just like the majority in his mus, Black Mage wins off stage.

I was testing the Chibi vs Tails mu, Chibi does appear to give Tails some trouble. So I would put this as 45-55.

Chibi vs Zelda I would say might be 45-55. I play the mu quiet well with most Zelda's wanting to resort to playing Sheik. However, Zelda can zero to death Chibi if she can confirm into bair at the end due to Chibi being medium-light. What Chibi has that he can get through her priority while also having a confirm on her, due to her being floaty.

I would put Pika vs Chibi as 40-60 mainly due to Chibi out ranging it, but if Pika can get to him, then chain grab time.

I am not so sure about Chibi vs ZSS and Chibi can give Sheik some trouble, but ultimately, loses to her.

The other mus kinda look alright to me, but I don't know what to think of him facing Yoshi.

To me, the characters that give Chibi the most trouble are the characters who can rush him down, can out range him, who he can't really KO early, which are the fast and high fallers for vertical KOs and especially the characters with above average weight since the only reliable horizontal KO move he has is bair. I would also say the characters with multiple projectiles that can spam it or just zone him out like Link and MM give him trouble as well.

The characters who he does best against are the characters that he can KO vertically due to most of his finishers being vertical ones, characters he can out range and perform small combos on that other characters can't.

About the blaster technique, nice work finding that. I don't see other Chibi's doing that.

Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:59 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
Lord doughnut wrote:
TSF|Cookies wrote:
looks like Masky needs to step up his reads :pikachu:

In order to try and bring some "life" back into this thread again, I went ahead and made a semi-accurate MU chart. Feel free to disagree (with constructive arguments plz), especially Im not 100% happy with this to be honest (some MUs are really finnicky to pinpoint a number for imo).

Hmmm.

I will agree with DK and Fox being his hardest mus.

I think he beats Ness due to range, having a kill confirm on him and due to recovery. I also think his approach options beat out Ness'.

To be fair I havent played that MU in ages (and even then it only were like 4 matches against Joeys Ness), but it always felt like Ness had the slight edge thanks to his superior combo game and easier KO options. Could go either way I guess, but until I get to play it more Ill keep it at that.

I also think he is even with Samus or beats Samus. This is due to him being able to out camp her in a way and turn her projectile game on her. He also has a confirm on her which makes it even more in Chibi's favor.

That may be just me and my inability to properly deal with projectiles, but I always found getting in on a "spamming" Samus to be quite tough as Chibi. Pick Up only can store one Missile/Charge Beam at a time, which isnt that helpful in the long run. Samus also lives forever (and iirc she can jump out of a majority of Chibis KO setups) and is tricky to edgeguard. Samus also kind of struggles to KO Chibi, but she definetly has an easier time doing so, same for edgeguarding.

I am not sure about Wario losing to Chibi, I see that match as possibly even, but I hardly played it.

Only played that MU a few times back when Doof was still around, but Wario gets outranged hardcore and is for the most part much less mobile than Chibi. He is also pretty easy to edgeguard from what I remember. Chibi ofc gets comboed to hell as usual, but Wario cant do much to finish him off (not taking Waft into account) I feel, and edgeguarding is also very tough for Wario.

I do think Chibi beats Sonic due to him just shutting Sonic down with range and blaster.

Then again Sonic is also the fastest character in the game, and Chibi is incredibly easy shut down by anything with a good movement speed. Might again be my inexperience in the MU, but Sonics speed really helps him close the gap on Chibi here.

I really think Link beats Chibi due to having more range, better horizontal kill power, due to Chibi being a medium-light character while Link just survives longer, and having better zoning tools that can keep Chibi out.

Link arguably has the best survivability in SSF2 rn, but its not that bad for Chibi actually. Edgeguarding Link is extremely threatening (Blaster does a lot of damage over time, FSmash can beat out Spin Attack if timed well), and I ironically never had that much trouble dealing with Links zoning tools. Its tough, but I think Link being obliberated offstage really is a huge help here, hence why I put it as even.

I do agree with him beating Jiggs, Kirby and Peach. Sora does give Chibi a little more trouble due to range and weird priority, but I do think Chibi wins that.

I will say Black Mage vs Chibi is 45 55 or even imo. This is due to Chibi out ranging Mage, being able to stop his set ups and having a confirm on him due to him being a below average faller. However, just like the majority in his mus, Black Mage wins off stage.

Black Mage actually has a really potent combo game on Chibi and can tack up damage much faster than Chibi can. Then there are also Uair juggles, which can annihilate Chibi on their own if done right. Meteo is finnicky to get around at times (Pick Up IS punishable after all), and ofc offstage game as you mentioned.

I was testing the Chibi vs Tails mu, Chibi does appear to give Tails some trouble. So I would put this as 45-55.

Tails has (imo) the best mobility in the game, can edgeguard Chibi pretty well (Fair/Bair(Dair/Cannon Ball thingy) and can combo really hard. Chibis zoning tools get sort of nullified by Tails´s raw movement, but in exchange he doesnt have that hard of a job dealing with an offstage Tails (its still not easy tho). Combos also work better because of Tails being a fastfaller, but a good Tails should be able to handle Chibi pretty nicely.

Chibi vs Zelda I would say might be 45-55. I play the mu quiet well with most Zelda's wanting to resort to playing Sheik. However, Zelda can zero to death Chibi if she can confirm into bair at the end due to Chibi being medium-light. What Chibi has that he can get through her priority while also having a confirm on her, due to her being floaty.

I would put Pika vs Chibi as 40-60 mainly due to Chibi out ranging it, but if Pika can get to him, then chain grab time.

Again, Chibi has issues dealing with fast characters, and Pikachu has Quick Attack, one of the best movement tools in the game imo. Pikas combo game is also strong af (even without the CG), and Chibi offstage should be dead in 9 out of 10 edgeguard situations. Granted, Pika gets outranged hard, but his moves easily beat out Chibis. I do think that edgeguarding Pikachu is arguably the easiest to do as Chibi, simply because he can throw out hitboxes and keep Pika offstage for some good damage.

I am not so sure about Chibi vs ZSS and Chibi can give Sheik some trouble, but ultimately, loses to her.

The other mus kinda look alright to me, but I don't know what to think of him facing Yoshi.

To me, the characters that give Chibi the most trouble are the characters who can rush him down, can out range him, who he can't really KO early, which are the fast and high fallers for vertical KOs and especially the characters with above average weight since the only reliable horizontal KO move he has is bair. I would also say the characters with multiple projectiles that can spam it or just zone him out like Link and MM give him trouble as well.

The characters who he does best against are the characters that he can KO vertically due to most of his finishers being vertical ones, characters he can out range and perform small combos on that other characters can't.

About the blaster technique, nice work finding that. I don't see other Chibi's doing that.

Comments in bold.

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:45 am

Chibi vs Ness
Well Joey is the better player between you two, but I do see Chibi winning this one. Ness does have the better combo game, but so do Jiggs and Wario, who you said Chibi wins against. About easier KO options, do you just mean back throw? I really don't see that as a better KO options, though Chibi is a medium-light character so that would help in Ness KO'ing Chibi early if the Chibi doesn't D.I. up. However, Ness a medium, below average faller so he survives longer then Chibi horizontally, but not vertically which is why it is best for Chibi in this mu. Like I said, Chibi has the range advantage which will cause Ness a lot of trouble.

Chibi vs Samus
It could be. I would agree that projectile spam would be hard Chibi when he only has pick up, but that's where power shielding and chibi blaster comes into play. blaster is faster then any of Samus' projectiles so that can control her zoning a bit and being able to out range her helps as well. Samus is the third heavist in the game, yes, but she is also one of the floatiest which is right in Chibi's department.

Something I discovered is that, the heavier you are, the longer you survive when you account for someone's accelerated falling speed. So Peach and Zelda will surivive like 5-7% longer then Kirby and Jiggs would during Chibi's set up while Samus would survive up to 10% more. However, that allows them to be combo'ed. Like if a Jiggs or Kirby D.I. behind Kirby at the percentage up air would kill, a back air would do, but they would most likely escape it. However, for Zelda, Peach and Samus, a back air is guaranteed due to them being heavier. So Chibi has the kill set ups on the heavier floaties.

If a Samus jumps out of your set up, then that's because you weren't fast enough or you let them go.

Hmmm, interesting.

Chibi vs Sonic
I know Sonic is the fastest character in the game when we a count for ground speed, but that speed won't really help him much against Chibi due to Sonic's approach options, outside of bair, not being good with his priority not being that great. If it was smash 4 Sonic, then Sonic would win, but Chibi wins this.

Chibi vs Link
Hmmm, I am not sure what to think about that. DK, Falcon, Wario, Yoshi and MM can give Link a run for his money in survivability at the current moment.

Link has other options to recover, but we can see the mu over time later.

Chibi vs BM
Who doesn't have a potent combo game on Chibi. Yeah that's Mage's strong point about damage racking, but I do see Chibi giving him in range and trying to get his stage control on board. I don't ever have problems with BM's up air juggles unless I lose my jump.

Chibi vs Tails
I would agree with you on Tails having one of the best mobility overall in the game, tied with Falcon and ZSS. Most Tails players would mostly start up spin dash or something, which Chibi can take care of with Toothbrash, blaster or a well timed nair. What also works is that they are both the same weight, which is a battle for who can KO the first one horizontally.

Tails is not a fast faller, lol, he is not even a high faller. He is an above average faller, the same as Sonic, so Chibi survives longer then Tails vertically. I will give you this, Tails would give Sonic more trouble due to Tails having a great amount of priority, probably best in the game, combined with his mobility makes for one scary character to fight.

Chibi vs Pika
I know, I probably know more about the mu then you do.

The thing is that, Chibi can keep Pika out if they try to Quick Attack in.

Pika's combo game isn't really strong, its okay, but not as good as others.

Also outside of Quick Attack and his dashing speed, Pika's mobility is only alright.

On the edge guarding, yeah Pikachu will have no problem getting back. I don't really think Chibi has the tools to edge guard him unless the Pikachu player messes up when snapping to the ledge.

Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:59 pm
BR Member

why is it always me to bump this thread

I got to admit that I completely forgot about the little MU discussion we had going on here, sorry about that. Although its propably redunant at this point, I still bothered to update my MU chart slightly if anyone cares (we all know noone does tho).

Im not here to b**** about MUs being hard for a change tho, I think I may have found a new KO setup against floaties (my "test subject" was :jigglypuff: at ~85%) which might be helpful against those characters (and hopefully fastfallers as well).

You know that Nair has that weird sourspot that noone seems to like, right? Which does much less damage and everything than a "good" Nair? Well, thats the one thing you need. Hitting your opponent with a weak Nair apparently seems to link into an USmash on floaties (and hopfully Uair works too), allowing you to secure the kill without the need of looking for a grab or a random DTilt/UTilt all the time when you want a kill. Keep in mind that this is in no way confirmed on a real opponent yet, but after a bit of testing it seems to be a true combo with no DI and DI in and possibly DI away (training mode again). If that turns out to be an actual thing and work on many characters at KO percents then I think Chibi has finally overcome his struggle to net KOs outside of a grab at those specific % values. Does anyone know about this? If so, is this actually a thing or does it require a messup? Thoughts would really be appreciated.

(I also had some random idea regarding Chibi Copter in Beta, but thats not really important rn lol)

Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:31 pm

I really never got the sour spot so mind informing what part of the hitbox it is?

If fair had a little bit more hitstun then it could true combo into up air on floaties and below average fallers.

I am not sure how to feel about Chibi vs Lloyd yet.

Glad you changed to Chibi beating Sonic.

I still say he beats Samus.

Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:07 pm
BR Member

Funny thing is I dont know the exact location of the sourspot either, so take all of this below with a grain of salt :pikachu:

According to the wiki, the weak hit occurs when to hit opponents with the cord instead of the plug itself, regardless of timing. After some testing I can confirm this for the second swing, and considering I discovered this with the 1st swing (granted, by accident) Ill just rely on that to be true. For more clarification, Ill put a pic that might show it better below. Super sorry for putting mods in this thread, but thats the best way I can explain it.

The weak hit should be the hitbox that is closer to Chibi during his swing. After some testing thats propably correct (again, not 100% sure here), but gosh dang is that hitbox hard to lang on purpose. Having some dev clarification on this would be super helpful, especially in regards of testing wether or not this remains in Beta. I swear if you touch my Nair

Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:52 am

Skylar wrote:
Funny thing is I dont know the exact location of the sourspot either, so take all of this below with a grain of salt :pikachu:

According to the wiki, the weak hit occurs when to hit opponents with the cord instead of the plug itself, regardless of timing. After some testing I can confirm this for the second swing, and considering I discovered this with the 1st swing (granted, by accident) Ill just rely on that to be true. For more clarification, Ill put a pic that might show it better below. Super sorry for putting mods in this thread, but thats the best way I can explain it.

The weak hit should be the hitbox that is closer to Chibi during his swing. After some testing thats propably correct (again, not 100% sure here), but gosh dang is that hitbox hard to lang on purpose. Having some dev clarification on this would be super helpful, especially in regards of testing wether or not this remains in Beta. I swear if you touch my Nair

Hmmm interesting

Sky, how dare you use my meme.

Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:37 pm
BR Member

I didnt even know you had a meme :pikachu:

So, I went into the lab with BlueGrovyle a bit, and figured I might put the results here if anyone cares. Keep in mind, all of this is tested on :jigglypuff: only (although it should work on the other two puffballs and the princesses as well. Maybe even Samus, but not too sure on that one).

DI in/no DI:

* Weak Nair :arrow: USmash, Turnaround SH Bair, SH Uair (starting at roughly 115%, go for Fullhop aerials instead)

DI away:

* Weak Nair :arrow: RAR SH Bair, SH Uair out of Dash (FH at higher damage again if neccessary)
* Weak Nair :arrow: Grab (starts at about 120%; no KO setups/KO throws available at that point)

Chibi can cover either DI in/no DI or DI away. Generally DI away makes it harder for Chibi to followup than DI in/no DI. Interestingly, DIing straight up/down has the same effect as no DI as far as I can tell.

The main problem with that is that Chibi has to read Puffs DI in order to get any followup, as apparently trying to react to DI takes too long to guarantee a KO. There are still a few tricks he can use to mess with Puffs DI however.

* Weak Nair 1/2 For those of you who didnt know, the weak hit of Nair can occur on both swings (check my post above for reference, I can finally confirm my guesses I had there). Weak Nair1 sends the opponent towards Chibis front and Weak Nair2 sends them slightly behind Chibi. If not anticipated, that can effectively turn your DI input around and make your safe DI away come out as DI in instead, which is eaiser to followup on.

*If that is not complicated enough for you, you can attempt a Reverse Weak Nair to throw another curveball at the opponent. Reverse Nair1 sends opponents behind Chibi, and Reverse Nair2 hits them in front of him. That means you can always use the reverse hit if you predict that your opponent knows if youre going to use Weak Nair1 or Nair2 on him to yet again turn his DI into the opposite of the desired input.

Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:55 am

Skylar wrote:
I didnt even know you had a meme :pikachu:

So, I went into the lab with BlueGrovyle a bit, and figured I might put the results here if anyone cares. Keep in mind, all of this is tested on :jigglypuff: only (although it should work on the other two puffballs and the princesses as well. Maybe even Samus, but not too sure on that one).

DI in/no DI:

* Weak Nair :arrow: USmash, Turnaround SH Bair, SH Uair (starting at roughly 115%, go for Fullhop aerials instead)

DI away:

* Weak Nair :arrow: RAR SH Bair, SH Uair out of Dash (FH at higher damage again if neccessary)
* Weak Nair :arrow: Grab (starts at about 120%; no KO setups/KO throws available at that point)

Chibi can cover either DI in/no DI or DI away. Generally DI away makes it harder for Chibi to followup than DI in/no DI. Interestingly, DIing straight up/down has the same effect as no DI as far as I can tell.

The main problem with that is that Chibi has to read Puffs DI in order to get any followup, as apparently trying to react to DI takes too long to guarantee a KO. There are still a few tricks he can use to mess with Puffs DI however.

* Weak Nair 1/2 For those of you who didnt know, the weak hit of Nair can occur on both swings (check my post above for reference, I can finally confirm my guesses I had there). Weak Nair1 sends the opponent towards Chibis front and Weak Nair2 sends them slightly behind Chibi. If not anticipated, that can effectively turn your DI input around and make your safe DI away come out as DI in instead, which is eaiser to followup on.

*If that is not complicated enough for you, you can attempt a Reverse Weak Nair to throw another curveball at the opponent. Reverse Nair1 sends opponents behind Chibi, and Reverse Nair2 hits them in front of him. That means you can always use the reverse hit if you predict that your opponent knows if youre going to use Weak Nair1 or Nair2 on him to yet again turn his DI into the opposite of the desired input.

Nice man.

Its also so dangerous since Chibi should be walling people out with the sweet spot of nair. Trying to get a sour spot nair would require to much close proximity.

I also forgot to add that I still think Chibi beats Ness.

Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:32 pm
BR Member

Lord doughnut wrote:
Its also so dangerous since Chibi should be walling people out with the sweet spot of nair. Trying to get a sour spot nair would require to much close proximity.

I feel like Bair is the superior walling tool against Puff unless you dont want to stale it (and in that case, Fair feels more comfortable imo) to be honest, but that might be because I dont use Nair as a walling tool at all. Maybe I should try and implement that...

Landing sour Nair on a standing target is still a bit finnicky for me, let alone on a moving opponent lol. I think that crossup (reverse) weak Nair2 could help a lot with landing the setup though. (Not tested yet, just theorycrafting, but still) That propably would make Bair a bit difficult to connect unless you hit them with a reverse Nair2 (good luck with that one), but I actually wouldnt mind that much because Uair is stronger anyway unless youre Fox at the very edge of the stage or something like that. That and I wouldnt have to think as much about what move Im going to use afterwards :pikachu:

Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:56 pm

Skylar wrote:
Lord doughnut wrote:

I feel like Bair is the superior walling tool against Puff unless you dont want to stale it (and in that case, Fair feels more comfortable imo) to be honest, but that might be because I dont use Nair as a walling tool at all. Maybe I should try and implement that...

Landing sour Nair on a standing target is still a bit finnicky for me, let alone on a moving opponent lol. I think that crossup (reverse) weak Nair2 could help a lot with landing the setup though. (Not tested yet, just theorycrafting, but still) That propably would make Bair a bit difficult to connect unless you hit them with a reverse Nair2 (good luck with that one), but I actually wouldnt mind that much because Uair is stronger anyway unless youre Fox at the very edge of the stage or something like that. That and I wouldnt have to think as much about what move Im going to use afterwards :pikachu:

Bair is another tool for walling people out, but since its Chibi's only horizontal KO move, I wouldnt want to stale it. Its a great tool for light and medium-light characters to kill them out right or to get them off stage. Although getting light characters off stage and edge guarding them is not a problem when facing Fox, but the others are so best KO them out right.

Fair is more getting strings done, but I don't see it as effective for spacing as nair or bair is.

Yeah approaching that way is dangerous.

Also what's with you and :pikachu:? Do you have a thing for him now or something?

Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:12 pm

MGN Username: Drarky
Currently Playing: SSF2, Starbound
Waifu: Lenna Tycoon
Lord doughnut wrote:
Also what's with you and :pikachu:? Do you have a thing for him now or something?

Everyone is free to go :pikachu:-ing around whatever they want. Let the man be free

:pikachu:

ImageImageImageImage

Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:06 pm

Drarky wrote:
Lord doughnut wrote:

Everyone is free to go :pikachu:-ing around whatever they want. Let the man be free

:pikachu:

Like Ash letting :pikachu: go free?

Drarky, when are you going to let :blackmage: go free?

:chibirobo: should be free

Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:03 am

Wait, Ash let Pikachu free??

WHEN DID THIS ABOMINABLE EVENT TAKE PLACE

Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:15 am
BR Member

Nothing to see here: show
Lord doughnut wrote:
:chibirobo: should be free

never

Instead of letting people know I have an semi-legal robot slave in my household to do stuff for me (wait...), how about focusing on the Chibi Blaster again? There isnt going to be much (if anything) new below this aside from one major trigger, so feel free to ignore.

A page back I already wrote shortly about FHDB (Full Hop Double Blaster, or just FHDL if you wanna keep it closer to the spacies), but I havent really talked about its applications yet I feel (mainly beause I usually keep just holding B instead of going for some weird ATs). Thinking about it again, I think FHDB could allow Chibi to play Brawl Falco to some extent, albeit with less range, a bit more lag and the ability to aim downwards if needed (double edgeguard snipes anyone?), useful to effectively wall out opponents in neutral while staying mobile, which is the major downside of just holding B to spam the Blaster as one might guess. Other than that, it could also work as a super fraudulent KO setup for stuff like Bair, Uair, Grab, the usual stuff Chibi uses to KO (maybe even Beta Uair if this tech isnt removed). Ill see how consistent I can get with this and if its actually as useful as I think (if it doesnt help KOing, at the very least Im not a sitting duck anymore). Considering that my Blaster snipe -> USmash KO usage has dropped down to below 0 since I started using Blaster in neutral so much that might not be such a bad thing :chibirobo:

Anyways, onto the promised triggering part: I randomly decided to update my old Beta wishlist for Chibi (Yes, I know that Im a bit late for that to have any noteworthy impact).

Triggering material, be careful: show
Keep in mind that this list isnt intended to be used to a full 100% - this is rather a list of many small things that might/could be added. All of these changes at once are overkill imo and restricted to 20CR material. I also wont factor in changes I am already aware of, such as the little momentum boost on FTilt.

* Very slight weight increase (82 -> 90) - Ill come back to that later
* Run animation now has Chibi running while holding his plug over his head with both claws
* Jump animation is replaced by his 0.9b airdodge animation

* FTilt deals now major shield damage, easily breaking shields that are already damaged
* FTilt deals less damage (13% ->: 9%)

* UTilt comes out a bit faster (F6 -> F4), FAF F18 -> F16 (this is just so Chibi doesnt have more endlag on one of his few non-grab KO setups)

* DTilt comes out a bit faster (F6 -> F5) , FAF F12 -> F11 (same reasoning as UTilt)
* DTilt hitbox has slightly less vertical reach (currently it is a lot bigger than his hurtbox during the move)

* FSmash priority is fixed
* FSmash deals less damage (19% -> 13%)
* FSmash hitbox increased in size notably to avoid smaller characters standing/running in under the attack, and also to avoid the attack not linking when the opponent is hit too close to Chibi
* FSmash has a new hitbox slightly behind Chibi that sends opponents away with very little hitstun and 2% damage to keep Chibi punishable if FSmash connects from behind

* USmash redesign: The second cord hit is replaced with the twizzers from 0.9b Uair with the same hitbox placement and significantly more power on the second hit (4%/10% -> 4%/15%, KBG 100 -> 115)
* First hit of USmash remains unchanged
* USmash startup is increased (F13 -> F15)

* DSmash sweetspot has increased KBG (67 -> 75) to increase the reward for landing the move
* DSmash sourspot deals less damage (10% -> 7%)

* Strong Nair1 deals less damage (13% -> 11%)
* Strong Nair2 deals more damage (13% -> 15%) and sends opponents at a slightly lower angle

* Fair has a slightly smaller hitbox
* Fair has slightly decreased KB Growth (80 -> 70) to increase its followup potential at mid to high percents

* Bair deals a bit more damage (14% -> 16%) and has more Base KB (20 -> 30)
* Bair hitbox is decreased very slightly

* Not going to say anything about Uair or Dair because I havent seen the moves in action yet in their new design.
* Universal landing lag increase on all of Chibis aerials.

* Grab animation is updated to match Zip Lash! - Chibi now swings his plug while aiming
* Grab has a bit less range in exchange for aimable grabs

* FThrow now sends opponents at a lower angle, allowing it to set up techchases on non fastfallers more effectively (42° -> 32°)

* BThrow deals more damage (11% -> 15%)
* BThrow has a bit more KB Growth to increase its KO power and a BKB nerf without turning it into a KO throw straight up (BKB 60 -> 45; BG 60 -> 85)

* UThrow deals less damage (3%/3%/4% -> 2%/2%/3%)
* UThrow has a bit more BKB (25 -> 30)

* DThrow deals less damage (9% -> 6%)
* DThrow cannot be DI´ed as effectively as in 0.9b

* Chibi Blaster deals more damage (2% -> 4%)
* Blaster spam is slightly slower (F3 -> F5)
* Blaster can be aimed freely regardless of Chibi being grounded/airbone
* Grounded Blaster startup now matches airbone version (F17 -> F13)
* If B is held in the air, Chibi can now fire a second shot (requires another 13 frames of startup)
* Blaster has more BKB and KBG to increase hitstun (15 -> 25 for both BKB and KBG)

* Toothbrush has increased travel speed
* Aerial Toothbrush redesign: Upon first initiating the move, Chibi moves forward at max speed and gradually slows down the longer he uses the move. Fall speed is also decreased during a "fresh" Toothbrush, but increases over time until it reaches Chibis usual fall speed. For reference, a fresh Toothbrush initially hovers at Puffs airspeed, but gradually slows down until Chibis horizontal momentum is almost 0 and his fall speed is at its maximum. The concept is comparable to the "Zip Jump" in Zip Lash! where Chibi could rotate his cord to momentarily hover while gradually losing speed before stopping dead in his tracks and dropping like a rock.
* Upon grabbing ledge, Toothbrush is restored to 50% of its maxium speed/hover capabilities if it was below that threshold, but not on hit and only once.

* This removes Chibis nigh infinite horizontal recovery while also compensating for his weight buffs, as he has a harder time getting back to the stage now once knocked off, but he wont be sent flying as far in the first place. Not adding how long the Toothbrush should take before running low because I definetly would get that wrong, but it really shouldnt be that much time.

* Upon initiating Chibi Copter, Chibi can choose between two different variations of the move: Tapping B results in the Betacopter (more range, more speed, more KB, more endlag, less control), while holding B results in Chibi using the "old" 0.9b Copter (less speed, less range, less KB, less endlag, more control).
* 0.9b Chibi Copter can now sweetspot the ledge during the moves initial frames as well as during the final few frames of the move.

* Pick Up now functions properly without glitching out
* Pick Up now multiplies the damage of a stored projectile by 1.25 of its original power
* Stored projectiles disintegrate upon 30 of being stored in Chibis hammerspace inside his head
* Pick Up now has 2 frames of invulnerability right after the "pick up part" of the move is over to make it not as risky to use against powerful projectile. Could also be used to avoid edgeguards, but requires stellar timing and an amazing read in the first place (and if you get that, you might as well earn a safer return to the stage)
* Pick Up has a small "hover" effect similar to Dr. Marios Cape in Melee (albeit less noticable) once if used airbone. Grabbing ledge does not restore the stall, Chibi has to land in order to gain the hover back.

Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:50 am
 [ 417 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next