The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 8:54 pm

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
[MP] Capcom Vs. series 
Site Moderator

Waifu: ElvisDitto
Michael M wrote:
2. Any tips for Rocket Raccoon?

YouTube Video:

Not neccesarily strictly Rocket gameplay, but his use of the Log Trap is certainly interesting. So yeah, log trap mix-ups perhaps. Tunnel Rat can also be pretty usefull.

Pretty sure there might be some tuts on the internet. Try Shoryuken.com?

It also helps that, like said in the video, a lot of people don't really know how to deal with some of Rocket Raccoon's stuff if you play him well.

(you can now tweet mean things at me on Twitter @StevenEggplant)

Wed May 30, 2012 7:59 am

Didn't know which MvC thread to put this in, but this one is more recent:

Rumors or actual leaks?
https://twitter.com/#!/uncanny_edition

The skinny: An Uncanny Edition of UMvC3 will be revealed at EVO this Friday. Will be available as both a downloadable expansion and on disc. Character rebalancing, new moves, new characters, and two new modes. New characters: Mega Man, Servbot, Cyclops, Ant Man/Giant Man. New modes: Survival, Time Attack. Magneto also gets a new alt?

Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:29 pm

Currently Playing: UNIST
Seventh wrote:
Didn't know which MvC thread to put this in, but this one is more recent:

Rumors or actual leaks?
https://twitter.com/#!/uncanny_edition

The skinny: An Uncanny Edition of UMvC3 will be revealed at EVO this Friday. Will be available as both a downloadable expansion and on disc. Character rebalancing, new moves, new characters, and two new modes. New characters: Mega Man, Servbot, Cyclops, Ant Man/Giant Man. New modes: Survival, Time Attack. Magneto also gets a new alt?

I was about to flip s*** until I read this.
..Ant Man/Giant Man? Where the f*** is my Venom?

Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:40 pm
YIM
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: FFXIV
Waifu: you get ONE guess
Ant man is pretty cool.

Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:07 pm
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
@kuro
They said from day 1 that venom would not be in due to graphical issues. Dunno why people get their hopes up lol.

Servbot, Mega Man, and Cyclops were three of the four on my wish list. Jesus I couldn't be more satisfied. I know it's bad but I'm definitely getting the download.

Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:17 pm

Well, it's still rumor, so please take the info with a grain of salt. I too would have preferred a Spider-Man villain (either Venom or Dr. Octopus) or Black Panther over Cyclops, but I'll still take it. Out of the four new characters rumored to be in, I find (Gi)Ant Man the most interesting. I like the Survival mode too.

Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:25 pm
Site Moderator

Waifu: Trollbean
Seventh wrote:
Mega Man

Smells fake to me

I wouldn't be surprised a bit if the pulled another update for this, but at this point I'll believe that when I see it.

Ramsey wrote:
They said from day 1 that venom would not be in due to graphical issues. Dunno why people get their hopes up lol.

They also said they wouldn't include characters like Tyrant or Nemesis due to their "adult feel" if I remember correctly. Think they said something similar about Strider as well, and look how that turned out.

Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:27 pm

They mentioned Nemesis was because he was "too violent" and Strider because of legal troubles; both issues probably were plausible at the time.

Venom, Human Torch, and I think Demitri were mentioned to not being in because of graphical issues. Demtri's issues were valid (making a separate character model for every character that would only be used for one move would waste a lot of space), but Human Torch's graphical issues were revealed to be false when Phoenix (Marvel) was revealed (Dark Phoenix uses a lot of fire properties). The (presumably) real reason Human Torch wasn't put in the game was because of Marvel (because Torch would have died in the comics by the time the game came out should this be spoilered?). It might have been the same for Venom, since Venom in the comics is currently (I think) Flash Thompson, and not Eddie Brock (who is Anti-Venom), and using either one would throw off fans I guess... Although why that would mean they couldn't use classic Brock Venom, I'm not sure... Marvel Comics continuity I guess, but whatever.

Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:55 pm

Currently Playing: Vanquish, Shining Force, Jet Set Radio, SEGA All-Stars Racing, inFamous
god damn it Capcom I hate your business practices but the thought of playing as MegaMan and Servbot sounds tempting

Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:29 am
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
@TerminX

There's a difference between a 'feel', or a copyright issue than a graphical one.

Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:57 am
Site Moderator

Waifu: ElvisDitto
I'm going to take this with a grain of salt. I dunno.
I thought Capcom had confirmed that there would be no DLC anymore beyond the costumes. We'll see.

Kinda weird tho, considering Ant Man is already in Hawkeye's Level3 Hyper. And Serbvbot is.. the majority of Tron's Moveset.

Personally would've loved to Asura and Demitri (or just... any male darkstalker like Lord Raptor or Talbain).

EDIT: But come to think of it, Seth Killian (a man very much inlcuded in (U)MvC3 developement) recently left Capcom on a rather sudden note without confirming the reason. This is probably paranoid-thinking; but what if there is a connection between this and Uncanny Marvel vs Capcom3?

(you can now tweet mean things at me on Twitter @StevenEggplant)

Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:23 am

Capcom's RESELLING!
YouTube Video:

Marvel vs Capcom: Origins is a bundle of two classic fighting games in the versus series: Marvel vs Capcom and Marvel Super Heroes.. Both in HD with built in online play, challenges, rewards, spectator/replays, and more.

Comes out this September..

Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:19 pm

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Something I said earlier wrote:
Only two games?
What about. . .
Street Fighter Alpha?
X-men: Child of the Atom?
X-men vs. Street Fighter?
Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter?

Why is this called "Marvel vs Capcom Origins," if you only have about 1/3 of the MvC crossover origins? If you put these and MvC1 and MSH all on one disc with the online features you have here, I think everybody would be willing to pay for that.

I also expect a third version MvC3. I know Capcom were serious about not making a third or anymore patches, but after the TAC infinites discovery they have little to no choose but to do some kind of update.

Or they can keep it, because this game is actually fun now. I love how one glitch broke the entire game.

Best infinite yet.
YouTube Video:

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:40 pm
Site Moderator

Waifu: Trollbean
Ramsey wrote:
@TerminX

There's a difference between a 'feel', or a copyright issue than a graphical one.

The point is that they've made claims before that have proved untrue.

Though in all honesty I could see difficulties with Venom. Guy's got a lot of s*** going on.

Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:24 pm

Steven wrote:
EDIT: But come to think of it, Seth Killian (a man very much inlcuded in (U)MvC3 developement) recently left Capcom on a rather sudden note without confirming the reason.

I thought it was because he went to help Sony out with PSASBR?

Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:27 pm
 [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next