The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 4:58 am

[ 4 posts ] 
Suli Hyuga 
BR Member

MGN Username: Suli Hyuga
Name (aka Handle): Suli Hyuga

How old are you?: 16

Which characters do you play in SSF2? Why do you play these characters? : Lloyd and Sheik. I like rushdown/aggro/glasscannon characters and they both fit the bill.

How much experience do you have with official Smash titles? : Played 64 and Brawl for fun. Stick closely to Melee and Sm4sh and what's going on with the meta whenever I can. Helped my analysis skills quite a bit. 64 main was Falcon and Brawl main is currently Falco.

Have you ever attended any Smash tournaments? If so, give some details about the tournament (number of participants, which games, etc). How well did you place? IRL I've only ever TO'd and play friendlies. Online, I've played in one Smash tournament and got my behind handed to me, won't lie about that.

When did you start playing SSF2? v0.6

What is your favorite stage in SSF2? Explain. Was ToS but now it's Smashville simple because of how neutral it is.

Who, in your opinion, should be placed first on the SSF2 tier list? Under competitive settings why would this character perform on a higher level than all others? Meta Knight because of amazing ground and aerial game, aswell as his combo game and great MU spread.

Who, in your opinion, should be placed last on the SSF2 tier list? Under competitive settings why would this character perform on a lower level than all others? Wario. Really janky moveset, awful MUs, gets comboed quite easily.

If you could make only one change to SSF2 as it currently is, what would it be and why? I don't really have complaints at this point but I guess bugfixes would be cool.

What is your view on items in competitive play? I hate items as much as I hate stupid questions.

Do you have or can you download Skype? You don't need a mic or webcam. Yes I have Skype.

Why do you want to join the Smash Flash Back Room? The BR has had such bad rep to the point where players (including myself) decided to make a seperate BR just to correct all the mistakes this one makes. I want to change that so as to not make a divide in the community in the near-future. I can contribute character specific knowledge aswell as tier and mu related info. I've been around this community for a long while and have been involved in a few competitive SSF2-related groups. My experience can help take the BR out of the hole it's (unintentionally) dug itself in.

Additional information (Include in this section anything relevant to your application. This could include links to videos of yourself playing.)
O boi y'all want links of yaboi's SSF2 videos, eh? :pikachu:

My YouTube page! Subscribe! (Currently on hiatus)
My twitter!

Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:44 am
BR Member

MGN Username: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
Stagelist: show
Neutral:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Pokémon Stadium 3
Yoshi's Story

Counterpick:
Dream Land 64
Tower of Salvation
Sky Sanctuary Zone
Castle Siege/Jungle Hijinx
Mirror Chamber
WarioWare Inc.

1. You are playing as Sheik, and you go up against a Lloyd in bracket. It's Game One. Outline how you believe stage striking will work out for Game 1:

2. What are Sheik's best stages? Outline which of these are the Top 3 stages for Sheik.

Click to expand thumbnail

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber

Mains: :lucario: :simon:

Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:20 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Suli Hyuga
1) Lloyd will definitely go for stages where platforms have as little impact as possible. This is because Lloyd plays best when he has a lot of flat space where he can pressure with demon fang, frequently use down air and down b. Aswell as his dash attack and s hop fair engages. For Sheik (myself), I'll perform best when Lloyd has less room to work around. Platform heavy stages hinder Lloyd quite a bit. Sheik performs very well on these stages, on the other hand.

As Lloyd will be striking stages such as BF and going for either Smashville or FD, my first priority would be to strike these stages and so that Lloyd is only left with PS3 (assuming he strikes YS and BF). This stage could work out in Lloyd's favour, since it has decent space, however, play playing a more rushdown playstyle, with a lot of needles, s hop nairs, fairs, bairs and taking advantage of platforms will mean that Game 1 could easily be mine.

Alternatively, Smashville could also be useful as Sheik also performs very well there. All in all, Game 1 is quite neutral and its close to being 50:50 in this scenario.

2) Sheik is a very flexible character in SSF2, being able to take advantage of both flat and platform heavy stages. Her top 3 stages are:
Dreamland 64
Smashville
Battlefield

For DL64, the space it provides means that Sheik can apply pressure with needles aswell as engage grounded very easily with different combo starters such as s hop nair, dash attack and dtilt. On top of that, the platforms mean that many characters will have to play to Sheik's pace as she can very easily maneuver around the stage using different aerials, needles and ledge cancels.

Smashville is also great for Sheik because of how neutral it is. She can mix up her playstyle with both aggressive engages (s hop nair, dash attack etc) and keep herself spaced out from her opponent using bairs and needles. For almost all of her MUs, SV works perfectly for Sheik.

BF's distance means sheik can be extremely aggressive whilst edgegaurding her opponent with ease. Ledge cancels and needles work very well in this stage and against characters with average or below recovery (Fox, Lloyd, Sora) this stage means that Sheik can take games very easily.

My YouTube page! Subscribe! (Currently on hiatus)
My twitter!

Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:01 am
BR Member

MGN Username: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
Thanks for applying.

You have been accepted into the BR.

Click to expand thumbnail

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber

Mains: :lucario: :simon:

Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:02 pm
 [ 4 posts ]