The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 4:39 am

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 343 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 23  Next
[MP] Fire Emblem 

Currently Playing: Project M, made by likable human beings, unlike another project...!
Oh damn, I think I see your problem, you've been using too many units. Hmm... how to fix that.

Well, first I'd advise you say "screw it" to those treasure chests, it's a bit too... risky IMO. Anyways, the part that makes this chapter so difficult is the reinforcements on the second or third turn. After that, it's easy to take the offensive and pick at individual units one at a time. My advice on taking those out quickly is by pairing Libra up with Lon'qu/Anna to fix his poor speed, then give him a hand axe (I advise forging it too). After that, have him bait the reinforcement mages and if Libra is the only thing in range, they should all die/be near death.

After that, I hold my own on saying bait and play it safe. Perhaps you should have Lissa use Libra's ward staff to be careful, but that's all the advise I have for now.

Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:23 pm

You should be fine with that team I'd think... if you can get a couple guys on the forts to the left ASAP to stop reinforcements over there it'd be good. The rest of your team should have a couple defensive guys in front (Frederick and Nowi? Kind of weird you're not using Kellam...) and slowly push forward. Keep in mind that Gangrel and the few men next to him won't move until you get in range of one of them (Which unfortunately is in range of the chests). So stay on the defensive until the time comes to take on Gangrel - hopefully someone can take a hit from him to bring him within range of everyone else.

Also, I'd use some master seals if you got 'em. Promoting at level 10 is fine as second seals exist.

Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:46 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Dota 2, BoI: Rebirth, Fallout 4, Bloodborne, MGSV
I actually ditched Kellam after the first battle with him, don't really remember why.
But yeah I did end up beating it last night by going left and having three units just stand on the forts the whole time. Then I pretty much tanked all the axe-users with Chrom/Sumia while the rest of my units killed the mages.
I've been told different things about when to promote people. Some tell me that I should wait until level 20 so that they get as many stats as possible, while others tell me it's fine to upgrade at 10. I have like 4 MS's, but I'm conflicted about if I should use them or not.

AMA

Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:56 pm

Currently Playing: Project M, made by likable human beings, unlike another project...!
I dunno, I had like more units at level 20 then I did promoted by your time.

No grinding or anything, I just used only like 7 units, after all, your kids aren't gonna be amazing if you spread EXP too much.

Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:41 pm
Site Moderator

If you just want to get skills, promoting at 10 is generally recommened, because the game keeps a "internal" level of your characters, which makes leveling more difficult.

However, it's not that much of a problem unless you're grinding up on skills and whatnot via constant reclassing.

Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:27 pm

New in Fire Emblem March 28: show
I have some exciting Fire Emblem Awakening news for you!

First of all, I've dropped a little something in your Bonus Box:
Bonus Teams:
-Genealogy (JP)
Bonus Maps:
-Ghost of a Blade
Bonus Challengers:
-Gregor's Swell Swords
-Say'ri's Ascension

In Ghost of a Blade, you will make contact with a familiar face at the tomb of a certain myrmidon. If you win this battle, a new class will be available.

To see your bonus data, go to Wireless>Bonus Box. If you haven't received the data, select Update Now.

Also, there are new downloadable maps available for purchase in the Outrealm Gate:
-Smash Brethren 3: $ 3.00
-Rogues & Redeemers 1: $3.00
-Rogues & Redeemers Pack: $6.50

Smash Brethren 3 completes the epic battle of heroes, while Rogues & Redeemers 1 introduces a new trilogy of battles between heroes of light and darkness! If you prebuy the entire Rogues & Redeemers series in the Rogues Pack, you can download each map as it becomes available in the Outrealm Gate.

Downloadable maps can be purchased from the Outrealm Gate. If the Outrealm Gate doesn't appear on your world map, just play a little bit more of the game.
You'll see it soon!

Anna

Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:55 pm

So we finally got the Awakening demo and

Holy s*** those are some tiny feet

Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:55 pm

King Kyuubit wrote:
So we finally got the Awakening demo and

Holy s*** those are some tiny feet

what feet

thems nubs

Also, I got Seliph from the spotpass thing. 8-)

Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:57 pm

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/eshop/vc/tcgj/index.html

Cool, Japan has both NES games, considering how limited the text is on FE2, it baffle's me Nintendo is so reluctant to localize what could be a 1 day job :P

Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:21 pm

Currently Playing: FE6-8, Radiant Historia, TWEWY
Have you guys tried Shin Monsho no Nazo yet? There's an English patch that is pretty good.

Currently I'm on Chapter 9 trying reeaaaaaaaaaally hard not to overuse MU.

Sig courtesy of Arthur: eternally grateful.

Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:04 pm
Site Moderator

Yeah, reclassing is a bit fun, especially because there isn't really any limit unlike the seals in Awakening.

MU is a monster there, considering he's probably the only person who can cap everything easily.

Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:18 pm

Why is it a problem to overuse one of the best characters in the series?

Him, Marth, Palla, Catria, and Sirius can solo the game like cake.

Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:12 am

Currently Playing: FE6-8, Radiant Historia, TWEWY
talesoffan wrote:
Why is it a problem to overuse one of the best characters in the series?

Him, Marth, Palla, Catria, and Sirius can solo the game like cake.

I find Palla's speed growth appalling(no pun intended). I mean after getting her to lvl 20 she just about hit 19. Seriously. I considered reclassing her to myrmidon but eh, not worth the strength loss.

I didn't use Sirius because I thought he would be another Jeigan, but I checked and found out that he's more of an Oifey, so he'll be a mainstay of my team for a while.

Not overusing MU because he's promoted already and is soaking up the EXP.

Is the best magic user Etzel, Linde or Merric?

Sig courtesy of Arthur: eternally grateful.

Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:33 pm

She's four points away from capping speed in tier one >_>, like that's lasting until near endgame.

Besides, bases>>>>>growths

Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:48 pm
Site Moderator

Cecil.

But really, I guess Etzel.

Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:09 pm
 [ 343 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 23  Next