The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 7:17 am

[ 8 posts ] 
[NEVER] 64 Cross SSF2! 

Smash 64 is one of my favorite games of all time. Playing it brings back so many memories, and it provides such as unique experience from the rest of the smash games (Though all of them play pretty differently in general). So to show my appreciation I'll be hosting an online tournament completely dedicated to Smash 64... Kind of. Obviously I'm announcing this tournament in the SSF2 tournament section so it must relate to SSF2 in someway... Right? Well it does! This will be an SSF2 tournament where you'll only be able to play as the original twelve (Except Luigi)!

Rules???: Five stocks--8 minutes--No items--No hazards--No camping (Going under the stage a Jigglypuff)--Best two out of three--Don't troll by picking a character that's not legal for this tournament--And that's about it.

Stages???: There will only be two stages for this tournament. These will be Dream Land and Sector Z. However! Sector Z will only be played on if both users agree to it. Other than that, Dream Land will be the standard and only stage in this tournament.

Original Twelve (Except Luigi): :mario: :donkeykong: :yoshi: :link: :fox: :samus: :pikachu: :jigglypuff: :captainfalcon: :ness: :kirby:

When???: US Eastern time at 4:45 PM.

Organization???: I'd like to keep contact with all the participants. To do so I'd like for all participants to leave at least one comment a day until Tuesday. This just helps me to keep check. The rest will be discussed at http://challonge.com/64XSSF2

Last edited by UnbalancedTruth on Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:03 am

MGN Username: Lunary
Currently Playing: Super Smash Bros. Melee , League Of Legends , Drinking
lmao wtf
what is this
that's- ...

omg that's actually fun
i'm in

Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:16 am

Lunary wrote:
lmao wtf
what is this
that's- ...

omg that's actually fun
i'm in

Great!

Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:11 am

MGN Username: DescendedSun
Currently Playing: SSF2
I feel as if the rules for the tournament need a look at. Although people have been to a few tournaments and may already know how it works, it good to keep a nice specific list for reference purposes. I suggest you quickly look at a few other tournaments and see how they make their rules and reference that.

Youtube

Latest video!
CPU Battles!
YouTube Video:

Support my songs! Soundcloud

MG: Descended_sun - YT:Powerofzarak/DescendedSun - MGN: Descendedsun

Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:05 am

Descended_Sun wrote:
I feel as if the rules for the tournament need a look at. Although people have been to a few tournaments and may already know how it works, it good to keep a nice specific list for reference purposes. I suggest you quickly look at a few other tournaments and see how they make their rules and reference that.

I'm not sure if I get what you mean. What's wrong with the rules?

Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:13 am

UnbalancedTruth wrote:
Descended_Sun wrote:

I'm not sure if I get what you mean. What's wrong with the rules?

Not everything has to be strictly competive dude, there's nothing wrong with these rules.

It's dumb to just copy the rules and settings from other tourny's, every tournament would be exactly the same. This seems like a pretty unique and fun setting, might join if I am still awake by the time it starts

Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:19 am

Hmm. Hopefully we can get at least two more players.

Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:29 pm

Sorry guys. I'm going to have to cancel. Something just came up. Plus the tournament wasn't as well received as I though it would be.

Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:44 pm
 [ 8 posts ]