The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 11:55 pm

[ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
SSF2 Stage Discussion 
BR Member

MGN Username: KarmaPilcrow
Currently Playing: the waiting game
Waifu: Furry trash.
Shiver-Star wrote:
Some suggestions for the stages:
k: show
-Change Planet Namek's Music. It seriously bugs me that the Naruto and Bleach series got their themes right on their stages but DBZ only received the American Soundtrack.
I honestly think that Namek's music should be a medley (similar to Hueco Mundo's theme) from the different battle themes in the Dragon Ball series. Here's an example of its music:
[ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCXoQ_ZcjYo ]
Or at least bring back the Power Scale theme. (Please no synthesizers)
-Make Namek's Layout change back to how it was in 0.7. I honestly find annoying that most of the fights in the stage end quickly because you can't swim and that most the fights rely on air fights.
Let's compare designs.
Old:
[ Image ]
New:
[ Image ]
While of course the new one has better graphics, I think there is not enough terrain to fight on. I think that just adding the few terrain that was only present in 0.7 could fix things up.
-Changing Hueco Mundo's Layout.
First of all, let's compare.
Old:
[ Image ]
New:
[ Image ]
While of course the new one looks better, I still don't get why did they had to change the layout. It would've been okay if it was changed due to the Walk-off edges, but that still doesn't explain the huge slope on the left side of the stage which ends in a walk-off ledge anyway.
-Saturn Valley needs the background Mr. Saturns in it. I also think the Phase Distorter machine with Dr Andonuts in the background. (Mostly to recreate the scene near the of Earthbound, where Ness and company travel from Saturn Valley to Giygas hideout.

Feel free to correct me in anything.

Unlike Bleach and Naruto, the dub of Dragon Ball is usually regarded as superior to the Japanese version by most fans. (Seriously, in the Japanese version, Bardock has the same voice as Goten. Not just the same voice actress, the exact same voice.)
In addition, home stages are supposed to match the character they represent in some way; there is more focus on air battles because Goku is an air fighter with his float mechanic and unique momentum-carrying attacks.. Most Dragon Ball series battles take place in the sky.

Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:54 pm

Currently Playing: Patty-cake
Saikyoshi wrote:
Shiver-Star wrote:
-Change Planet Namek's Music. It seriously bugs me that the Naruto and Bleach series got their themes right on their stages but DBZ only received the American Soundtrack.
I honestly think that Namek's music should be a medley (similar to Hueco Mundo's theme) from the different battle themes in the Dragon Ball series. Here's an example of its music:
-Make Namek's Layout change back to how it was in 0.7. I honestly find annoying that most of the fights in the stage end quickly because you can't swim and that most the fights rely on air fights.
Let's compare designs.
Old:
[ Image ]
New:
[ Image ]
While of course the new one has better graphics, I think there is not enough terrain to fight on. I think that just adding the few terrain that was only present in 0.7 could fix things up.
Old:
[ Image ]
New:
[ Image ]
While of course the new one looks better, I still don't get why did they had to change the layout. It would've been okay if it was changed due to the Walk-off edges, but that still doesn't explain the huge slope on the left side of the stage which ends in a walk-off ledge anyway.
-Saturn Valley needs the background Mr. Saturns in it. I also think the Phase Distorter machine with Dr Andonuts in the background. (Mostly to recreate the scene near the of Earthbound, where Ness and company travel from Saturn Valley to Giygas hideout.

Unlike Bleach and Naruto, the dub of Dragon Ball is usually regarded as superior to the Japanese version by most fans. (Seriously, in the Japanese version, Bardock has the same voice as Goten. Not just the same voice actress, the exact same voice.)
In addition, home stages are supposed to match the character they represent in some way; there is more focus on air battles because Goku is an air fighter with his float mechanic and unique momentum-carrying attacks.. Most Dragon Ball series battles take place in the sky.

I agree with the dub part and I see where you're coming from with the way the stage represent the series, but that still doesn't the fact that Planet Namek is a bad stage to play on.

WelfareWednesday wrote:
Why should it be better? And who's asking for a huge nerf?
ProjectBrawl7 wrote:
Nobody is asking for a nerf, the SSF2 did it...

Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:11 pm

Waifu: zero suit wario
Saikyoshi wrote:
Shiver-Star wrote:
Let's compare designs.
Old:
[ Image ]
New:
[ Image ]
Old:
[ Image ]
New:
[ Image ]

Fun Fact: I wactually wanted to mention this but I didn't wanted to make a Megapost lol
While that's technically true, let's remember that not everyone mains Goku, and that Fast Fallers have a hard time in this stage.
Also, if the stage got back to it's 0.7 Layout, Air battles would still be primordial, but characters with limited air abilities can survivie better because there is more terrain.
Edit:
Also, while it may be true that the American version is superior to the japanese version (I haven't much neither, I have only watched the South American Dub), that's still no excuse for Namek to have that music. Why? Let me explain:
-USA recieved a modified Soundtrack, while the rest of the world received the Japanese Soundtrack.
Just because one country missed the original Soundtrack doesn't mean we all have to stick with the American soundtrack, mostly because most people in the whole world are more familiar with the Japanese music.
Let's also note that America actually GOT to recieve the Japanese Soundtrack, except USA just got it when Dragon Ball Z Kai was localized.
Therefore, Namek needs the Original Soundtrack.

Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:34 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: KarmaPilcrow
Currently Playing: the waiting game
Waifu: Furry trash.
Shiver-Star wrote:
Saikyoshi wrote:
Shiver-Star wrote:
Let's compare designs.
Old:
[ Image ]
New:
[ Image ]
Old:
[ Image ]
New:
[ Image ]

Fun Fact: I wactually wanted to mention this but I didn't wanted to make a Megapost lol
While that's technically true, let's remember that not everyone mains Goku, and that Fast Fallers have a hard time in this stage.
Also, if the stage got back to it's 0.7 Layout, Air battles would still be primordial, but characters with limited air abilities can survivie better because there is more terrain.
Edit:
Also, while it may be true that the American version is superior to the japanese version (I haven't much neither, I have only watched the South American Dub), that's still no excuse for Namek to have that music. Why? Let me explain:
-USA recieved a modified Soundtrack, while the rest of the world received the Japanese Soundtrack.
Just because one country missed the original Soundtrack doesn't mean we all have to stick with the American soundtrack, mostly because most people in the whole world are more familiar with the Japanese music.
Let's also note that America actually GOT to recieve the Japanese Soundtrack, except USA just got it when Dragon Ball Z Kai was localized.
Therefore, Namek needs the Original Soundtrack.

Another thing; the song isn't even from the American DBZ dub. It's from Budokai 1.

Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:39 pm

Still, Hidden Leaf Village and Hueco Mundo got their songs based on the anime themselves, and not videogame spinoffs.
I just think that Namek should recieve the same treatment (despite the fact Naruto and Ichigo speak in japanese and Goku in English)

Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:55 pm

I agree with the idea of changing Planet Namek I can't tell you how many times I've fought a computer there and the match ended with it having three SD's. I feel like the adding in swimming could help solve this problem as spmeone stated before. For a place based on aerial fights it seems punish you at lot if do use aerial combos or at least CPU aerial combos cause most of the die in the water after using them.

It would be nice for Hidden Leaf Village and Planet Namek to have a new theme. Hueco Mundo has a pretty nice BGM for the stage and I would like for the other two stages match that quality. I said like not need it's the devs game so it's call and I'm ok if they don't choose to change it is their game after all.

In sky sanctuary zone was Metal Sonic still there? I don't remember seeing him on the stage..

Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:15 pm

MGN Username: Hart Goodguy
I speculate that Flat Zone 2 will appear as a past stage because of Mr. Game & Watch being in the game.

Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:21 am

I would personally like it if they didn't go with that stage and made their version of Flat Zone like Final Destination and Battlefield. He has plenty of games besides the ones they showed off in that stage [i believe four maybe]
It would be cool of they could use some of his other games to be shown in that stage.
Although I have to agree with you; they probably will have Flat Zone 2 in the past section.

Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:29 pm

Nah, Flat Zone X (Wii U) would be better as a Past Stage, it mixes both Flat Zone 1 & 2
I also hope for them to make a new Flat Zone with other games. I remember I left an speculation about this, if I find it I will post it here.

Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:57 pm

Haven't played the new smash bros so wouldn't know of that stage so I'll have to take your word for it. I feel Twilight Town should get something into it maybe a couple heartless roam around when it's night or something it just feels barren..

Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:27 pm

V-mon X wrote:
Haven't played the new smash bros so wouldn't know of that stage so I'll have to take your word for it. I feel Twilight Town should get something into it maybe a couple heartless roam around when it's night or something it just feels barren..

I'm pretty sure Twilight Town is supossed to be lonely. I honestly think the stage is beautiful as it is, but I think the outdated background kind of kills the charm.
Maybe it could feel more lively with the train showing up sometimes in the background, giving it the feel of a more alive town.

Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:30 pm

I by barren I mean bland and I think that train idea could be pretty cool and could spice the stage a little more. I haven't gotten to Twilight Town myself as I've only played Dream Drop and Kingdom hearts one and chains [dont remember to much on this one] so again I'll take your word for it but the train does seem cool. What do you think on Sky Voyage? I personally think the stage switches from island to island a little to fast.

Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:42 pm

V-mon X wrote:
I by barren I mean bland and I think that train idea could be pretty cool and could spice the stage a little more. I haven't gotten to Twilight Town myself as I've only played Dream Drop and Kingdom hearts one and chains [dont remember to much on this one] so again I'll take your word for it but the train does seem cool. What do you think on Sky Voyage? I personally think the stage switches from island to island a little to fast.

I think the pacing in Skyward Voyage is alright. I think The problem are the islands themselves, mostly because most of them are pretty oddly shaped.
The whole stage is certainly very oddly shaped, specially the main Platform, it's just waaay too small to fight on, and most of the locations only cover half the stage, making a HUGE pit in the other side.
The graphics are simply beautiful, but I think this stage is even less playable than Silph Co, itself.

Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:20 pm

That is true the main platform you are flying on is quite small as Donkey Kong your side tilt could almost the entire platform making it pretty hard to live with such a short space to play on. Although I do have to say it does have a nice concept and looks overall like one the better stages.

I like Gangplank Galleon it's pretty good stage both and the design. I hope they add a little to the background though for islands and maybe add back those Kremlings to shoot that cannonball cause whacking that thing around was pretty fun.

As for new stages I'm excited and wondering what other galaxies will be add to starship Mario.

Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:14 pm

MGN Username: tanofbeast
Currently Playing: Skyrim, NCAA Football, NBA 2K, Clash of Clans, SSF2
I hope this isn't out of the box, but is there a way to have a Final Destination map for numerous stages, like on the SSB Wii U version. It maybe hard though because the limitations on Flash may not allow it.

Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:45 pm
 [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next