The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:19 pm

[ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Infernal Rage Disscusion Topic 

Does this RP look good?
Better that WOTBF (You must be lying) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
On par with WOTBF 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
'Bout average, could use some work. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Meh. Needs lots of work. 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
No. No. No. BAD. 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
You know, this will NEVER make it off the ground. 50%  50%  [ 2 ]
What's an RP? 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
X_X TOO MUCH TEXT 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 4

Infernal Rage Disscusion Topic 

Currently Playing: Team Fortress 2, Osu!, FTL, Cortex Command, Hearthstone
Ok, I'll bring back my old RP title back. Only because I'm bored. THIS time, I'll be more organized, not like those random start-out RPs. This is planned to be a "make up as you go along" RP, but perhaps if you PM me a storyline idea, then I may place that in. No stats. (everybody: YES!) Now, lets see what we have here...
Storyline:http://sstkthy.blogspot.com/2009/02/infernal-rage.html

Note: I will use a weapon restriction usage thing here, like WOTBF, you MUST either be able to carry a weapon's weight or be skilled with the weapon's fighting technique in order to use it without interference. (ie: If skilled in slashing, and you find a dagger, you would be less skilled in using it. A weapon with stabbing and slashing would work a bit less better that a weapon that focuses on slashing only, if you were only skilled in slashing.)
Weapons:Note: All weapons are made of metal. Metal determines the strength of the weapon, and the likeness of breaking, if ever.
Knife: A basic weapon, commonly carried around by many. Can stab with it. Very Light and fast. One hand. Weak strike. May be thrown.
Dagger: Slightly more powerful than a knife, it is light and fast. Held with one hand and is not too weak. Stabbing weapon. May be thrown.
Sickle: A relatively weak scythe-like farming tool used to cut wheat. One handed. Slashing damage, fast speed, weak damage, and light weight.
Machete: A sword-like tool, used to clear foilage in way. One handed, slashing damage. Kind of fast speed, weak damage. Light weapon.
Short Sword: A light sword, a standard weapon for many kingdoms around. Stab and slashing techniques utilized. Light and fast. One Hand. Moderate damage.
Long Sword: A long blade, that has a far reach, used to attack s****. Can slash or stab. Medium weight and speed. Two hands. Moderate damage.
Saber: A bladed weapon that focuses on slashing. Medium weight and speed. One hand. Moderate damage.
Rapier: A bladed weapon that focuses on stabbing. Medium weight and speed. One hand. Moderate damage.
Broadsword: A heavy sword. Can slash or stab. Kind of heavy and slow. Two hands. Heavy damage.
Katana: A bladed weapon that is popularly believed that only ninjas use. May only slash. One hand. Pretty fast, and moderate weight.
Scimitar: A sword that many tribes in the desert use. Slash only. One hand. Medium speed. Light weight.
Claymore: A two-handed sword made with an emphasis on cutting down enemies. Slashing weapon. Heavy weight. Heavy damage.
Scythe: A pole, with a curved blade. Tends to be associated with reapers. Slashing damage, medium speed, moderate damage, moderate weight. Two handed.
Club: Although not considered a staff, it has a habit of being used to hit people. Inflicts blows. Moderate weight, Moderate damage. One hand. Slow.
Mace: A simple striking weapon made of metal. Inflicts blows. Moderate weight. Light damage, but moderate speed. One hand.
Staff: A staff that may help conduct magical powers. Inflicts blows. Light weight. Fast speed, but weak damage. Two hands.
Pike: A long pole, useful against horseback men. Two handed stabbing weapon. Medium weight. Fast, moderate damage.
Lance: A long, heavy stick for those attacks that need to be further. Two hands. Heavy weight. Medium speed, medium damage. Stabbing damage.
Spear: One very long stick. Two handed. Light weight, light damage, kind of slow speed. Stabbing damage.
Pitchfork: A three pronged farming tool. Two handed. Kind of light weight. Moderate speed. Stabbing damage, not too powerful.
Halbred: This spear can be used for both stabbing and directing blows towards enemies. Two handed. Meduim weight, medium damage, slow speed.
Javelin: A long pointed spear. Tends to be thrown. Stabbing damage. One handed. Moderate speed, slightly light weight, moderate damage.
Rod: This weapon may be infused with magic to give it a magical or elemental property. Two handed, medium weight, blow damage. Moderate speed. Light damage.
Hatchet: An axe made to chop wood. Slashing damage. Medium weight. One handed. Not too powerful. Moderate speed.
Pickaxe: A mining tool to mine ore. Stabbing damage. Medium weight. One handed. Not too powerful. Moderate speed.
Mallet: A small hammer, can be used to forge. Crushing damage. Medium weight. One handed, Moderate speed, light damage.
Hand axe: A small axe, used to be thrown. Light weight. Slashing damage. One handed. Light damage, Fast speed.
Battle Axe: Close relative of the hatchet, it is meant for war. Slashing damage. Two handed. Heavy. Slow speed, yet powerful damage.
Warhammer: A hammer built for war. Immensely heavy. Crushing damage. Two handed. Powerful damage, slow movement.
Shortbow: A small bow, for short range conflicts. Stabbing, two handed, moderate damage, medium speed. Medium weight.
Longbow: A longer bow, for long ranged conflicts. Stabbing, two handed, moderate damage, slightly slow speed. Medium weight.
Crossbow: A bow that shoots and reloads faster and more readily than others. Stabbing, two handed, moderate damage, slightly fast speed. Medium weight.
Sling: A small strip of fabric, used to hurl projectiles. Really fast, light, and deals light damage. One handed, damage type depends on said thrown projectile.
Slingshot: A variation of the sling, held upon a Y. Considered a child's toy. Light, Kind of fast, and deals light damage. Again, damage type varies upon thrown object. Two handed.
Needles: A bunch of spikes, used as a claw. Stabbing, one handed, light damage, fast speed. Light weight. May be thrown.
Claw: A weapon that goes over the hand. Slashing, one handed, light damage, fast speed. Light weight.
Flail: A spiked ball on a stick, connected with a chain. Stabbing and crushing, one handed, moderate damage, heavy weight. Moderate speed.
Boomerang: Technically, a projectile, but its skill of always returning to an owner makes it a reusable weapon. Light damage, weight, fast speed. Slashing, one handed.
Whip: One of the few exceptions of a weapon having cloth. Exceptionally fast. A sort of a slashing weapon. One handed. Light weight, slightly light damage.

Items:
Potions: Cures various status aliments, and heals.
Poison: A deadly concoction, weakens user, and perhaps kills them.
Acid: A highly corrosive fluid, burns through things.
Food: There is a variety of food, may be sold, and must be eaten to sustain self.
Rope: Used to tie things.
Herbs: Same as potions, although more common, has less of an effect.
Torch: Used to light up areas.
Lantern: A lamp-like, oil fueled primitive flashlight.
Oil: Used in seasoning, fuels lantern fire
Flint: A stone, can start fires.
Bandage: Used to prevent further damage from a wound.
Cigar: A hazardous commodity, used by many.
Smoke Sphere: Smoke gathered from a fire, creates an easier escape from encounters.
Soul Charm: A small shaped piece of metal, revives one from death, then melts away.
Book: An item in which people have recorded information
Compass: Tells the direction or north.
Bottle/Canteen: Contains fluids like water.
Instrument: Used to play tunes. May relax people.
Net: Used to catch prey or hold things.
Fishing rod: Used to catch fish for food.
Gem: Contains magical properties, and magnifies magical strength when attacked to a weapon.
Rubstone: A stone to be rubbed against a blade to sharpen it and inflict more damage. Works only with slashing and stabbing weapons.
Rock/Stone: A typically found object. May be thrown.
Stick: Commonly found in forests, as stray sticks are everywhere. May be thrown, does less damage than a Rock. May also be wielded as a weapon.
Flower: A plant, generally used to show affection towards one of an opposite sex. Found commonly in places like forests, although towns have taken to growing them.
Rag: A sheet of fabric, used to clean or soak in water.
Shovel: A digging tool. Find buried things.
Shields:
Buckler: A small circular shield used as a wrist covering more than anything. It still allows the use of both hands and is light weight, but offers little protection. Metal.
Small Shield: A small kite shaped shield commonly used by solders. It is still light and offers greater protection than a buckler, but it is more cumbersome to use both hands. Metal.
Large Shield: A larger Kite shield. It is medium weight and offers good protection, but requires to use of a whole hand making two handed actions impossible. Metal.
Tower Shield: A large rectangular shield. It is quite heavy and restricts movement, but offers great protection for you and anyone taking shelter behind it. Metal.
Armor:
Hat: Made of fabric.
Open Helm: A helmet with an open spot for eyes, nose, and mouth. Metal.
Closed Helm: A helmet that has bars defending the eyes. Metal.
Shirt: Worn clothing made of fabric.
Chain Mail: A type of body armor, made from chain loops. Metal.
Plate Mail: A type of body armor, made from plates. Metal.
Gloves: Worn on hands, made from fabric.
Gauntlets: Worn on hands, made of metal.
Bracers: Worn on arms, made or metal.
Pants: Worn as leg clothing, made from fabric.
Leggings: Armored leg protection, made of metal.
Boots: Worn on feet, made of fabric.
Fabric/Metals
Wood: Although not a metal, it counts as one. Slightly resilient to everything except fire
Stone: Although not a metal, it counts as one. Stronger than wood, but heavy.
Bronze: By combining copper and tin, you have a light yet strong metal.
Iron: Although harder to forge, it is stronger than that of bronze.
Steel: A heavy, yet powerfully strong metal.
Scale: A thick plate of a reptile, moderately strong. Counts as metal.
Linen: A basic fabric, used in many clothes.
Cotton: Softer than linen, more comfortable.
Silk: Used with royalty, not for combat. Wearing it may help persuasion of something.
Fur: Sometimes a luxury fabric, but abundant, due to the mass slaying of animals.
Leather: A durable fabric, used for labor and small conflicts.
STILL NEED IDEAS
For now, Just post your Characters and suggestions.
Character Format:
Name: (Must be creative, like always)
Appearance: (One four sentence paragraph MINIMUM)
Personality: (Three sentence minimum)
Bio: (Two four sentence paragraphs minimum, this determines strength, magic power, whatnot)
Weapon Specialization: (Pick two attack styles (Slash, stab, crush) and a weapon type (Ranged, Melee))
Starting Equipment: (Select one weapon, it's material, two items, and perhaps two fabric armor pieces. State which fabrics used.)

Last edited by ConquestStreak on Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:00 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:24 pm

Slings? You have no crushing and ranged weapons.

Armor?

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'

Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:08 pm

Bow(Ranged)? Hammers(Crushing)?
Slings are to be in it.
My mom needed me off before I could place in armor.

EDIT: Just added armor and several items, along with the flail. Open for more suggestions.
EDITII: Oh right, and theres the boomerang and sling, along with a slingshot.

Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:18 pm

Currently Playing: The Game
A pike should be two handed while the spears and lances can be both.

Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:10 pm

Boomerang, slashing? Aren't they typically made of wood?

Bolas? Sickle? Scythe? Pitchfork/Trident?

Should flail be crushing?

Should needles have a throwing option?

Hand cannon. Like those in Mulan?

Katar, (punching dagger)?

Javelin?

Suriken?

Whip?

Bombs?

I'm sure I can do more...

Shields(Buckler, small, large, tower.)?

Cloak, for stealth?

Scale mail.

Erm... Gauntlets for hands, bracers for arms?

Torch, lantern, shovel, poison...?

MORE TO COME

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'

Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:44 pm

Wow, Cool! A list of weapons!

Now where's the RP?

Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:58 pm

That's exactly how The War of the Black Flames started... sorta.

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'

Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:02 pm

Negative Null wrote:
That's exactly how The War of the Black Flames started... sorta.

DH had the story already.

Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:20 pm

I know, he just posted the weapons first. Hence the sorta?

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'

Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:39 pm

YES! EXACTLY WHAT I NEED! PEOPLE!
Er... I plan to get the ideas for the RP, and as you can see, there's no storyline...yet.
Thats why I need you, to develop some kind of jacked up storyline that everybody likes.
Now, where was I...
Negative Null wrote:
Boomerang, slashing? Aren't they typically made of wood? Typically? They could be some metal.

Bolas? Sickle? Scythe? Pitchfork/Trident? I denied the pitchfork before, but If you want it... Tridents were also considered. Sickle... I was looking at war of the black flames, and so, if you want those jacked up farming tools...

Should flail be crushing?Hmm. Sure.

Should needles have a throwing option? Yes. They should.

Hand cannon. Like those in Mulan? No, I didn't want fireworks.

Katar, (punching dagger)? Waah?

Javelin? Sure.

Suriken? Dats not ow u spel dat.

Whip? Meh. I thought I had that. Oops.

Bombs? I don't need explosives in this.

I'm sure I can do more...

Shields(Buckler, small, large, tower.)? YESS!!!! I needed someone with shield knowledge.

Cloak, for stealth? Cloak?

Scale mail. Sure. I'll add fur as a fabric as well.

Erm... Gauntlets for hands, bracers for arms? Uh oh...

Torch, lantern, shovel, poison...? Ah god... I thought I had poison. Torch is there though. Shovel... Sure. Lantern i'll accept.

MORE TO COME

Thank you!
I'm considering whether or not to change stabbing to piercing. too much tying in my opinion...

Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:10 pm

A weapon list REALLY isn't interesting. These are just generic names for all the weapons most of us already know about, but with short descriptions.. Plan on backing up your RP title?

Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:56 pm

Not Sayonara wrote:
A weapon list REALLY isn't interesting. These are just generic names for all the weapons most of us already know about, but with short descriptions.. Plan on backing up your RP title?

Yes, I know. However, SOME people don't understand what a weapon does, and I didn't want a Stat based RP, so I had to make small descriptions to either force upon a restriction or generate a specialization of a weapon type. As for the title, I plan on backing it up, but my story is REALLY vague. It's really hard to make it look professional, and have it small and concise as well. So, I need some people to help me regulate things, like how powerful or heavy a weapon is, and perhaps give me a plot line as well.
Do you see the light now?

Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:24 pm

Conquest, I've written for Blue once, I think I can do the same for you. What setting do you have in mind? Any specifics? Anything to help me get started on the right direction.

Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:47 am

Lets see... Specifics, huh? I have some plans, but they seem too childish for this kind of forum. Currently, I'm workig on a map, and various locations for events to happen, but I plan to have something demon affilated. Perhaps a fissure in the earth splits, and...er, something.
I have no idea what the continant's name should be. Something unheard of, but still readable. If it hurts my eyes, I'll kill.
I don't plan to have seasons either, except maybe in a general field area. Otherwise, all things stay the same. Freezing mountains, and ash covered volcanoes.
I'm debating on whether to create a bestiary or perhaps just have various kingdoms attack. I'm guessing the players would post what their foes are armed with, from my expansive, uh, list.
As a side note:
You've written for BLUE?! Like, Bluemage? My god, thats... thats like... something for your resume or portfoilo. Sheesh. People woud kill for that title.

Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:10 pm

ConquestStreak wrote:
Lets see... Specifics, huh? I have some plans, but they seem too childish for this kind of forum. Currently, I'm workig on a map, and various locations for events to happen, but I plan to have something demon affilated. Perhaps a fissure in the earth splits, and...er, something.
I have no idea what the continant's name should be. Something unheard of, but still readable. If it hurts my eyes, I'll kill.
I don't plan to have seasons either, except maybe in a general field area. Otherwise, all things stay the same. Freezing mountains, and ash covered volcanoes.
I'm debating on whether to create a bestiary or perhaps just have various kingdoms attack. I'm guessing the players would post what their foes are armed with, from my expansive, uh, list.
As a side note:
You've written for BLUE?! Like, Bluemage? My god, thats... thats like... something for your resume or portfoilo. Sheesh. People woud kill for that title.

Scroll down until you see it.

Right...Any ideas on the starting areas of the RP?

Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:59 pm
 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next