The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 4:05 pm

[ 2831 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173 ... 189  Next
SSF2 Character Speculation 

MGN Username: TheBlue10
Currently Playing: Life.
Waifu: I have a husbando.
Bedoop wrote:
Some inconspicuous random character speculation at 12AM yay
and by speculation i mean "people i want but there's a good chance a lot of this won't happen because opinions"
Newcomers only so get the frick out of here anyone from Smash 4 Bayocorrin beforehand (Not including fangames because that'd be woo because of Crusade)
Poochy (and maybe an Ukiki with him? it'd be a nice tetris attack reference) (+Yoshi's Island)
Waluigi (+Wario because he's the hero we need)
Dr. Eggman (Knuckles and Shadow seem to be the highest up in chance but I really want Eggman deep down for how fun he could be, +Sonic)
Black Shadow (+F-ZERO because look down)
Unique Ganondorf/Ganon (Black Shadow takes on Smash Ganon's moveset, Trident Hype?)
Mickey Mouse & Scrooge McDuck (As seperate characters, with Mickey goin' Epic Mickey-inspired moveset and Scrooge making a moveset inspired by the NES Disney era [Ducktales 1/2/RM, Chip & Dale, all that jazz], both of them having wacky antics incorporated into their movesets referencing the old cartoon days, think of that one lady from Skullgirls who's name I'm not allowed to say because yay forum censoring)
Captain Rainbow (Why not? :chibirobo:)
Anna (+Fire Emblem, Call me realbedoopbro9 :chibirobo:)
Paper Mario & Fawful (+Mario, As seperate Characters, repping in the Mario RPG Series with Paper Mario using the Partners/Hammer and Fawful doing literally everything since you never really know what he's gonna do)
King K. Rool (+Donkey Kong, do I really need to explain)
get hyped for "Notes In" simulator :chibirobo:

Notes are in invisible ink

Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:58 am

Bedoop wrote:
and by speculation i mean "people i want but there's a good chance a lot of this won't happen because opinions"
Newcomers only so get the frick out of here anyone from Smash 4 Bayocorrin beforehand (Not including fangames because that'd be woo because of Crusade)
Poochy (and maybe an Ukiki with him? it'd be a nice tetris attack reference) (+Yoshi's Island) I think Kamek or the Baby Bros. would be more suitable for a second Yoshi rep
Waluigi (+Wario because he's the hero we need)WAHAHAAAAA!
Dr. Eggman (Knuckles and Shadow seem to be the highest up in chance but I really want Eggman deep down for how fun he could be, +Sonic)Interesting, but not too likely.
Black Shadow (+F-ZERO because look down)If there were to be a second F-Zero rep, Samurai Goroh would probably be it
Unique Ganondorf/Ganon (Black Shadow takes on Smash Ganon's moveset, Trident Hype?)A unique moveset for Ganondorf should already be a given.
Mickey Mouse & Scrooge McDuck (As seperate characters, with Mickey goin' Epic Mickey-inspired moveset and Scrooge making a moveset inspired by the NES Disney era [Ducktales 1/2/RM, Chip & Dale, all that jazz], both of them having wacky antics incorporated into their movesets referencing the old cartoon days, think of that one lady from Skullgirls who's name I'm not allowed to say because yay forum censoring)This also brings up a topic - if Mickey Mouse were to be in, wouldn't he be in his Sorcerer's Apprentice outfit from Fantasia? Would definitely bring back the good ol' Disney days.
Captain Rainbow (Why not? :chibirobo:)Can't see any reason why he can't be in :donkeykong:
Anna (+Fire Emblem, Call me realbedoopbro9 :chibirobo:)Either a veteran or Lyn would most likely take the place of a second Fire Emblem rep.
Paper Mario & Fawful (+Mario, As seperate Characters, repping in the Mario RPG Series with Paper Mario using the Partners/Hammer and Fawful doing literally everything since you never really know what he's gonna do)Paper Mario seems like a good option. And I have absolutely no idea how Fawful is loved by everyone. I find him just annoying.
King K. Rool (+Donkey Kong, do I really need to explain)No you don't.

Notes are in red.

Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:24 pm

Currently Playing: Assassin's Creed: Odyssey
pokerninja2 wrote:
Bedoop wrote:
Poochy (and maybe an Ukiki with him? it'd be a nice tetris attack reference) (+Yoshi's Island) I think Kamek or the Baby Bros. would be more suitable for a second Yoshi rep Kamek would be a better rep.
Waluigi (+Wario because he's the hero we need)WAHAHAAAAA! I would love to be able to play as him in SSF2, let alone Smash.
Dr. Eggman (Knuckles and Shadow seem to be the highest up in chance but I really want Eggman deep down for how fun he could be, +Sonic)Interesting, but not too likely. I would rather have him as a boss in Boss Mode.
Black Shadow (+F-ZERO because look down)If there were to be a second F-Zero rep, Samurai Goroh would probably be it F-Zero is in need of a second rep, but I would pick Samurai Goroh over Black Shadow, but he would be a great character too.
Unique Ganondorf/Ganon (Black Shadow takes on Smash Ganon's moveset, Trident Hype?)A unique moveset for Ganondorf should already be a given. Ganondorf should get his moveset revamped.
Mickey Mouse & Scrooge McDuck (As seperate characters, with Mickey goin' Epic Mickey-inspired moveset and Scrooge making a moveset inspired by the NES Disney era [Ducktales 1/2/RM, Chip & Dale, all that jazz], both of them having wacky antics incorporated into their movesets referencing the old cartoon days, think of that one lady from Skullgirls who's name I'm not allowed to say because yay forum censoring)This also brings up a topic - if Mickey Mouse were to be in, wouldn't he be in his Sorcerer's Apprentice outfit from Fantasia? Would definitely bring back the good ol' Disney days. We don't need any 4th Parties after Luffy, although I am willing to make an exception for Scrooge McDuck because DuckTales was and has always been one of my favorite shows ever.
Captain Rainbow (Why not? :chibirobo:)Can't see any reason why he can't be in :donkeykong: There's nothing stopping him!
Anna (+Fire Emblem, Call me realbedoopbro9 :chibirobo:)Either a veteran or Lyn would most likely take the place of a second Fire Emblem rep. I'd rather have Ike, Lyn, Robin, or Roy.
Paper Mario & Fawful (+Mario, As seperate Characters, repping in the Mario RPG Series with Paper Mario using the Partners/Hammer and Fawful doing literally everything since you never really know what he's gonna do)Paper Mario seems like a good option. And I have absolutely no idea how Fawful is loved by everyone. I find him just annoying. Paper Mario would be an excellent addition to SSF2, but Fawful would most likely be an Assist Trophy.
King K. Rool (+Donkey Kong, do I really need to explain)No you don't. King K. Rool might have gotten snupped from the Smash Ballot, but SSF2 better include him in the final game!

Notes are in red.

Notes in Bold Blue.

Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:46 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: KarmaPilcrow
Currently Playing: the waiting game
Waifu: Furry trash.
Okay, where did they say Sandbag would be the only unlockable?

Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:39 pm

MGN Username: JalStar
Currently Playing: SSF2
SASUKE FOR SSF2!!!!! 8-)
I'm only joking, I won't be greedy, Luffy is all I wanted.. :bump:

Click to expand thumbnail
Jamaica to be exact... :)
Check out my friend's shop here: https://www.redbubble.com/people/jo3HD/shop?asc=u

Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:14 pm

The Assist Trophies I speculate/hope to be promoted from the official Smash games from ATs to playable in SSF2 are:
Ray MK III
Barbara
Excitebiker
Andy and/or Sami
Jill
Dr. Wright
Lyn
Saki Amamiya
Samurai Goroh
Shadow (though I'm having my doubt that he'll return as a playable character from SSF to SSF2...)
Starfy (I was hoping he'd be playable in SSF2 as well, but it looks like that might not be the case anymore...)
Waluigi
Dillon
Isabelle
Prince Sable
Sheriff
Takamaru

Hey, if Isaac can get promoted from AT to playable in SSF2, why can't some of these guys?

Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:54 pm

You know what would be a great addition?
YOU KNOW WHAT WOULD BE?

Goemon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1Hv3rrakW0

Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:55 am

Currently Playing: Assassin's Creed: Odyssey
dragonballhero wrote:
The Assist Trophies I speculate/hope to be promoted from the official Smash games from ATs to playable in SSF2 are:
Ray MK III Absolutely perfect newcomer!
Barbara This would be a big surprise.
Excitebiker I'd perfer Mach Rider, but Excitebiker would be a good candidate as well.
Andy and/or Sami As much as I would love to see Sami make the cut, it'll probably go to Andy as he has been requested more than her. It was a shame she didn't make it into Project M as that would have been cool. Besides Sami, Knuckles, Lyn, and Isaac, who else was planned for Project M?
Jill This would be a fun character.
Dr. Wright No.
Lyn Another character who was robbed from being in Project M. I could definitely see her making the cut, but I have a feeling Ike and/or Roy will get in before her.
Saki Amamiya 50/50.
Samurai Goroh F-Zero is in need of a second rep and it would be nice of Goroh or Black Shadow got the cut.
Shadow (though I'm having my doubt that he'll return as a playable character from SSF to SSF2...) I'm pretty sure Shadow will make the cut for SSF2 as an unlockable.
Starfy (I was hoping he'd be playable in SSF2 as well, but it looks like that might not be the case anymore...) No.
Waluigi One of the most highly requested characters for Smash and yet he never gets in as playable. Hopefully SSF2 can change that!
Dillon A definite yes for me!
Isabelle Not before Villager lol.
Prince Sable I'd love to see this happen, but it doesn't look good. We'll see though.
Sheriff A dark horse candidate would most certainly be welcome.
Takamaru SSF2 needs a samurai (not Samurai Jack) and Takamaru fits the bill!

Hey, if Isaac can get promoted from AT to playable in SSF2, why can't some of these guys? Why can't they?

Bold are my notes.

Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:39 pm

MGN Username: ;Danny;
Currently Playing: Poker
Waifu: Gwyndolin
Goku2500 wrote:
dragonballhero wrote:
Ray MK III Absolutely perfect newcomer! Sure, why not?
Barbara This would be a big surprise. The bat? Personally I wouldn't go for her.
Excitebiker I'd perfer Mach Rider, but Excitebiker would be a good candidate as well. Not my kind of character but I guess I wouldn't complain if either one got in.
Andy and/or Sami As much as I would love to see Sami make the cut, it'll probably go to Andy as he has been requested more than her. It was a shame she didn't make it into Project M as that would have been cool. Besides Sami, Knuckles, Lyn, and Isaac, who else was planned for Project M? King K. Rool, Pichu, Skull Kid, Slippy, Black Shadow, Dark Samus, Dixie Kong and Ridley :P
Jill This would be a fun character. Yeah I'd go for it.
Dr. Wright No. Yeah no.
Lyn Another character who was robbed from being in Project M. I could definitely see her making the cut, but I have a feeling Ike and/or Roy will get in before her. FE needs another rep, but I couldn't care less who it is.
Saki Amamiya 50/50. Doubt it.
Samurai Goroh F-Zero is in need of a second rep and it would be nice of Goroh or Black Shadow got the cut. Yeah either one would be great.
Shadow (though I'm having my doubt that he'll return as a playable character from SSF to SSF2...) I'm pretty sure Shadow will make the cut for SSF2 as an unlockable. KNOCK KNOCK
Starfy (I was hoping he'd be playable in SSF2 as well, but it looks like that might not be the case anymore...) [b]No.
Yeah nah.
Waluigi One of the most highly requested characters for Smash and yet he never gets in as playable. Hopefully SSF2 can change that! If he doesn't make it I will wail a loud WAAAAAHH! of sorrow in response.
Dillon A definite yes for me! *shrug*
Isabelle Not before Villager lol. Yeah I agree.
Prince Sable I'd love to see this happen, but it doesn't look good. We'll see though. I've never played For The Frog Bell Tolls so no comment.
Sheriff A dark horse candidate would most certainly be welcome. I do welcome more retro characters, but I'd prefer Dig Dug instead.
Takamaru SSF2 needs a samurai (not Samurai Jack) and Takamaru fits the bill! 100%, + a ninja in response *cough*Hayabusa*cough*

Hey, if Isaac can get promoted from AT to playable in SSF2, why can't some of these guys? Why can't they?

Bold are my notes.

Notes in red.
Here we go again.

Pochiman wrote:
Frank stretches his dick to the other side and asks his son to grab it. Then he ties his balls into a rock, and after that he cuts off his dick with his knife. Then he crosses by his dick.

Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:37 am
BR Member

MGN Username: KarmaPilcrow
Currently Playing: the waiting game
Waifu: Furry trash.
☻Danny☻ wrote:
King K. Rool, Pichu, Skull Kid, Slippy, Black Shadow, Dark Samus, Dixie Kong and Ridley

*sigh*
  • Skull Kid is the only one of those that was real. He was in concept planning, and was next in line behind Sami (who was horribly incomplete and just had a model at the time of PM's demise).
  • Slippy was part of an April Fools' Day Prank. His "trailer" was just a retextured Fox, and didn't show any attacks; just him getting beat up.
  • Black Shadow, Dark Samus, Dixie Kong, K. Rool, Pichu, and Ridley were never planned. They were options on the voting thread, but they were never confirmed.

Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:02 am

Currently Playing: bye bye MG
Way to leave out the smilie that indicated Danny was joking

☻Danny☻ wrote:
King K. Rool, Pichu, Skull Kid, Slippy, Black Shadow, Dark Samus, Dixie Kong and Ridley :P

☻Danny☻ wrote:
:P

Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:33 am

MGN Username: TheBlue10
Currently Playing: Life.
Waifu: I have a husbando.
☻Danny☻ wrote:
Goku2500 wrote:
dragonballhero wrote:
Ray MK III Absolutely perfect newcomer! Sure, why not? *bork*
Barbara This would be a big surprise. The bat? Personally I wouldn't go for her. *bork*
Excitebiker I'd perfer Mach Rider, but Excitebiker would be a good candidate as well. Not my kind of character but I guess I wouldn't complain if either one got in. *bark* (agree with Goku2500)
Andy and/or Sami As much as I would love to see Sami make the cut, it'll probably go to Andy as he has been requested more than her. It was a shame she didn't make it into Project M as that would have been cool. Besides Sami, Knuckles, Lyn, and Isaac, who else was planned for Project M? King K. Rool, Pichu, Skull Kid, Slippy, Black Shadow, Dark Samus, Dixie Kong and Ridley :P *bork*
Jill This would be a fun character. Yeah I'd go for it. *bork*
Dr. Wright No. Yeah no. *bork*
Lyn Another character who was robbed from being in Project M. I could definitely see her making the cut, but I have a feeling Ike and/or Roy will get in before her. FE needs another rep, but I couldn't care less who it is. *bark* (Lyn would be an interesting character choice.)
Saki Amamiya 50/50. Doubt it. *bork*
Samurai Goroh F-Zero is in need of a second rep and it would be nice of Goroh or Black Shadow got the cut. Yeah either one would be great. *bork*
Shadow (though I'm having my doubt that he'll return as a playable character from SSF to SSF2...) I'm pretty sure Shadow will make the cut for SSF2 as an unlockable. KNOCK KNOCK *bark* (eeh, I'm not feeling it for Shadow.)
Starfy (I was hoping he'd be playable in SSF2 as well, but it looks like that might not be the case anymore...) [b]No.
Yeah nah. *bork*
Waluigi One of the most highly requested characters for Smash and yet he never gets in as playable. Hopefully SSF2 can change that! If he doesn't make it I will wail a loud WAAAAAHH! of sorrow in response. *bark* (Well, I don't think that Waluigi will count as another Mario character, like how Yoshi and Wario don't in any Smash Bros game, so I think he could work)
Dillon A definite yes for me! *shrug* *bork*
Isabelle Not before Villager lol. Yeah I agree. *bark* (why)
Prince Sable I'd love to see this happen, but it doesn't look good. We'll see though. I've never played For The Frog Bell Tolls so no comment. *bork*
Sheriff A dark horse candidate would most certainly be welcome. I do welcome more retro characters, but I'd prefer Dig Dug instead. *bork*
Takamaru SSF2 needs a samurai (not Samurai Jack) and Takamaru fits the bill! 100%, + a ninja in response *cough*Hayabusa*cough* *bork*

Bold are my notes.

Notes in red.
Here we go again.

Notes in dog language. :^))))
Also *bork* means that I barely know anything about this character/have never heard of him/her.

Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:37 am

MGN Username: Bedoop
Currently Playing: Rayman Origins
Waifu: CLEOD-BOT
Goku2500 wrote:
Besides Sami, Knuckles, Lyn, and Isaac, who else was planned for Project M?

Boy I need to remember these :chibirobo:
I believe there were announcer lines leaked recently from PM
The new ones I can remember off the top of my head;
Spoilers Maybe Possibly: show
Pichu Bros.
Sukapon
Ridley
Bowser Jr.
Slippy
King K. Rool
and I think Skull Kid was there too but I forget

I'm fairly certain there were others, but those are the ones I know
You'll have to look it up sometime :chibirobo:

Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:26 pm

Bedoop wrote:
Goku2500 wrote:
Besides Sami, Knuckles, Lyn, and Isaac, who else was planned for Project M?

Boy I need to remember these :chibirobo:
I believe there were announcer lines leaked recently from PM
The new ones I can remember off the top of my head;
Spoilers Maybe Possibly: show
Pichu Bros.
Sukapon
Ridley
Bowser Jr.
Slippy
King K. Rool
and I think Skull Kid was there too but I forget

I'm fairly certain there were others, but those are the ones I know
You'll have to look it up sometime :chibirobo:

Can you link me those?

Also, here are some newcomers I had in mind.

King K. Rool - He better be in. Not only do we have Gangplank Galleon, but he may have been the ACTUAL winner of the Smash Bros. ballot. Being able to use Kremlings such as Klaptraps, Kritters, Klumps, and the like. Not to mention his Blunderbuss in Donkey Kong Country 2.
Waluigi - I think the moveset he has in the Legacy XP mod would really fit him.
Shadow - I don't know why he hasn't been added to the roster yet.
Kamek - Yoshi's Island NEEDS a second rep. His magical abilities, including summoning enemies and effecting opponents, would make for an interesting moveset. Kinda like a comical-style Black Mage.
Shantae, Shovel Knight, or Lilac - An indie rep would be nice, though Shantae seems to be the best option of the three. Crusade has a nice moveset for her, too
Mickey Mouse - Possibly one of the most well-known icons in entertainment. Representing the rich history of Disney similar to how PAC-MAN represents Namco, the mouse can use all sorts of Disney icons to attack. A few ones I can think of right off the top of my head are Winnie-the-Pooh (nspecial maybe?), Woody and Buzz (uspecial), Mike and Sully (dsmash), and maybe even Oswald the Rabbit somewhere in there.
Cloud - A well-known video game icon, as well as one of the most requested characters to be playable in SSF2. SSB4 did a good job with his moveset, and it'd be perfect for SSF2.
Shrek - A lot of people have been requesting Shrek for Smash Bros. as a joke. It'd be funny to see if he was ACTUALLY playable. Onions and ogre roars galore!
Knuckles - The Project M moveset he was going to have seems decent. With some polishing, it could work for SSF2.
Spider-Man - We've got TV shows and movies down, so why not comics? Plus he's been teased on that April Fools Expansion Characters video. His webs and spider sense open up for so much moveset potential too.
Raven - Again, comic rep. Her abilities could bring something unique to the table as well.
Petey Piranha and King Boo - As separate characters, they'd be the last unlockables. They also have the ability to use ANY character's special move and Final Smash to draw reference to Mario Kart: Double Dash!! and could switch by taunting. Plus it'd be funny seeing Petey Piranha using Falcon Punch or King Boo transforming into a Wario-Man-like form.

Also, does Shaun the Sheep and Hello Kitty being costumes in Super Mario Maker make them viable for SSF2?

Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:02 pm

And still, nothing has changed....

I'm still going to speculate Daisy, because of the poll she SMASHED!

Click to expand thumbnail

Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:22 am
 [ 2831 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173 ... 189  Next