The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 11:36 pm

[ 1856 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 124  Next
McLeodGaming Mafia XIV [Cowboys vs Cattlerustlers] 
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
Vote: Mr. Shoop for unvoting.

Mr. Shoop, why did you unvote?

Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:04 am

MGN Username: masterp443
Currently Playing: v0.9b
194 wrote:
Panthera leo wrote:
Yeah, uhm, could we get a real vote count? It's kinda unnerving to see all these random bold votes. I will tell you first thing, though. Random voting (don't confuse this with leading a lynch on scum) on the first day is almost ALWAYS a scum move. I'd suggest that everyone unvote so that we can get a real look on things going on.

Wait, what?

"Random" voting (I'd rather call it reaction voting) is a fundamental practice in day 1, especially because it allows to get information about how the players react, being that a high part of your town/scum tells. Why would you want us to not use our only tool at disposal right now?

@194 - Even though I made a typo, about half of the town is rolling with the punches and not actually reaction testing, but simply voting because they see other vote. In the history of MG Mafia, townies seem rather susceptible to bandwagoning, especially D1 bandwagoning. I want us to get information, but the reaction vote method often makes the town vote irresponsibly.

Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:10 am
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
I don't think the questionnaire really does anything for the game besides explain your experience level and waste time.

I definitely see where Panthera is coming from, everyone just random voted. We should start from scratch and really make the most out of D1, maybe by examining each user. idk.

Unvote

Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:16 am

Currently Playing: Kingdom Hearts Days, Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded, Fire Emblem The Sacred Stones, Spiral Knights, Megaman Zero 4
Panthera leo wrote:
I honestly meant to write random lynching. I am not opposed to reaction testing people (I have done this before in many games) but I'm warning the rather volatile town to slow down with the voting. Not only does this get us nowhere, but it also allows scum to slip by and vote a random townie without having to back up said vote. I am wondering why you are voting me immediately without giving me a chance to even explain my actions.

Random lynching? Seriously? Time to relate back to your old post.
Panthera leo wrote:
Yeah, uhm, could we get a real vote count? It's kinda unnerving to see all these random bold votes. I will tell you first thing, though. Random voting (don't confuse this with leading a lynch on scum) on the first day is almost ALWAYS a scum move. I'd suggest that everyone unvote so that we can get a real look on things going on.

Normally, no one lynches randomly. We also did not mention anything about randomly lynching. What I want to know, is why you brought that up. Care to answer, Panthera?

Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:18 am
Site Admin

Lmfao are you serious

Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:19 am

Currently Playing: Kingdom Hearts Days, Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded, Fire Emblem The Sacred Stones, Spiral Knights, Megaman Zero 4
Ramsey, why would you want us to start from scratch when we have no evidence to work on? That would just be stalling for time. As 194 said, why would you want us to not use our only tool at disposal right now?

Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:22 am
Site Admin

You might as well not be using it now; you're putting it to waste. Starting from scratch with no possibility of bandwagon from any dumb user(s) who mass vote one particular person for no reason would be pretty nice, I think. What we're doing now is wasting time.

All we accomplished right now is we desensitized everybody to a vote shock, so good job I guess.

Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:26 am

How will we scumhunt if we start from scratch? That's what I want to know.

Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:44 am

MGN Username: 194
Currently Playing: most likely Celeste
Waifu: Curly Brace
@Panthera: The fact that our players use their votes badly does not mean they shouldn't be used at all.

I agree, however, in your bandwagoning point. I'll keep an eye on those player who hadn't undone their first vote in the next 48 hours.

Avatar and signature pics by Semicolon.

Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:52 am

JamesClyde wrote:
How will we scumhunt if we start from scratch? That's what I want to know.

While voting is crucial for scumhunting, what have we done right now is anything but useful.

Also, is it just me or you are too worried of looking like "hunting scum"?

Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:53 am
Site Admin

Yeah, definite FoS on JamesClyde.

Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:55 am
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Dota 2, BoI: Rebirth, Fallout 4, Bloodborne, MGSV
Guys cmon terra is scum.
vote terra

AMA

Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:00 am

Oh, I thought we were just doing this stuff because it's tradition lol

Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:25 am
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Dota 2, BoI: Rebirth, Fallout 4, Bloodborne, MGSV
Oh hay I found something.
194 wrote:
OK, random voting won't work.

Unvote.

Now I'm thinking if I should discuss what I did in Night 0/Pregame...

194 wrote:
Panthera leo wrote:

Wait, what?

"Random" voting (I'd rather call it reaction voting) is a fundamental practice in day 1, especially because it allows to get information about how the players react, being that a high part of your town/scum tells. Why would you want us to not use our only tool at disposal right now?

194, why attack Leo about him saying not to random vote when you had just taken away your random vote?

AMA

Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:13 am

TheOneWhoKnocks wrote:
Oh hay I found something.
194 wrote:
OK, random voting won't work.

Unvote.

Now I'm thinking if I should discuss what I did in Night 0/Pregame...

194 wrote:
Panthera leo wrote:

Wait, what?

194, why attack Leo about him saying not to random vote when you had just taken away your random vote?

You are mixing apples and oranges. I took my vote out because I realized the voting frenzy from the starting page wasn't being of any help. But then Panthera argues than we should not vote AT ALL, which means a different thing.

Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:47 am
 [ 1856 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 124  Next