The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 4:42 pm

[ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Marvel Movies Discussion. 

Decided to make a topic of this after watching Thor.. IS anyone excited to see the Avengers move in May? I am despite the fact I possibly spoiled it for myself.

Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:33 pm

Lol... The Avengers has been coming for awhile now - the one thing i'm confused about is Iron Man though - at the end of his second movie Nick says he wants Tony's technology but not him and I can't imagine Iron Man without Robert Downey .-.

Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:07 pm

I'm sure it'll work out. Look at Thor: He's stuck in Asgard at the end of his movie with the Bifrost Bridge broken. How's he going to get back to Earth in time for the Avengers? Haha.

Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:35 pm

Seventh wrote:
I'm sure it'll work out. Look at Thor: He's stuck in Asgard at the end of his movie with the Bifrost Bridge broken. How's he going to get back to Earth in time for the Avengers? Haha.

Ya, I guess they all have their own little problems, i'm guessing there is going to be a scene where the world is in trouble and...
They all start showing up simultaneously to save the day - kind of like what happens in Bleach EVERY action scene.

Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:38 pm

I'm guessing Loki will be the main baddie. Saw glimpses of him in the Avengers teaser after Captain America's credits and he appeared planning something sinister in Thor's after-credits scene.

Also, speaking of where characters are at: Hulk's still in Canada, too... Man, so much is going to happen in this giant crossover movie. I hope the movie doesn't rush through the story and character development (like Green Lantern and to a lesser extent Captain America). Wouldn't mind it being a bit on the lengthy side though (2.5 hours or so).

Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:12 am

Seventh wrote:
I'm guessing Loki will be the main baddie. Saw glimpses of him in the Avengers teaser after Captain America's credits and he appeared planning something sinister in Thor's after-credits scene.

Also, speaking of where characters are at: Hulk's still in Canada, too... Man, so much is going to happen in this giant crossover movie. I hope the movie doesn't rush through the story and character development (like Green Lantern and to a lesser extent Captain America). Wouldn't mind it being a bit on the lengthy side though (2.5 hours or so).

I think it will have a couple parts to the movie and ya Loki seems to be a big role.

Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:17 am
Site Moderator

Loki: show
"At the beginning of The Avengers, he comes to earth to subjugate it and his idea is to rule the human race as their king. And like all the delusional autocrats of human history, he thinks this is a great idea because if everyone is busy worshipping him, there will be no wars so he will create some kind of world peace by ruling them as a tyrant. But he is also kind of deluded in the fact that he thinks unlimited power will give him self respect so I haven't let go of the fact that he is still motivated by this terrible jealousy and kind of spiritual desolation"

Source

Maybe he teams up with the Skrulls? Don't really know much about the Marvel universe, and they were enemies in that unreleased Avengers game so...

Also, no one talks about Hawkeye.

Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:21 am

The avengers movies will be in two parts and the first movies Antagonist will be unexpected.

Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:51 am

Kyubisora wrote:
The avengers movies will be in two parts and the first movies Antagonist will be unexpected.

Um...... Source?

Technomancer Greene wrote:

Looking forward to actually seeing him in action! That short cameo in Thor was such a tease :( Hopefully they'll have time to establish/develop characters that haven't had much screen time as of yet also (Hawkeye, Maria Hill, possibly Black Widow)

Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:06 pm

Seventh wrote:
Kyubisora wrote:

Um...... Source?

Uhh source the information was removed from IMDB I suppose for copyright issues. Samuel L Jackson. Like left his copy of the script somewhere and someone tried to sell it and the whole plot was like out there and I accidently spoiled it for myself thinking it was fan made.. Ill keep trying to find the IMDB thing for it.

Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:11 pm

Kyubisora wrote:
IMDB

Oh.

Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:42 pm

Technomancer Greene wrote:
Loki: show
"At the beginning of The Avengers, he comes to earth to subjugate it and his idea is to rule the human race as their king. And like all the delusional autocrats of human history, he thinks this is a great idea because if everyone is busy worshipping him, there will be no wars so he will create some kind of world peace by ruling them as a tyrant. But he is also kind of deluded in the fact that he thinks unlimited power will give him self respect so I haven't let go of the fact that he is still motivated by this terrible jealousy and kind of spiritual desolation"

Source

Maybe he teams up with the Skrulls? Don't really know much about the Marvel universe, and they were enemies in that unreleased Avengers game so...

YouTube Video:

He got confirmed in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 just because of the Upcoming Avengers movie

Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:45 am

Waifu: You!
What I want to see is Stark's reaction to meeting someone from the 40's, a viking god, and a fugitive.

Would be hilarious, and so would Iron Man's and Captain America's fight for the leadership role of the Avengers.

Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:06 am

THoT wrote:
What I want to see is Stark's reaction to meeting someone from the 40's, a viking god, and a fugitive.

Would be hilarious, and so would Iron Man's and Captain America's fight for the leadership role of the Avengers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3eNDUzUjLU
1:07

Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:54 am

Waifu: You!
I've already seen that, and that is just Stark commenting on Thor's throw.

Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:52 pm
 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next