The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 3:45 pm

[ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
March 13th, 2014 News (SSF2 v0.9b Change of Plans) 
Site Admin

Cleod9 wrote:
We regret to inform you that we had to change our plans for the release of SSF2 v0.9b. Unfortunately we will be unable to release v0.9b this month like we expected. We know you are all excited to play online mode, but this type of thing is fairly new to us so we want to make sure we get it right. We've now reached a whopping 20,000 signups for the new MGN service, so in order to properly prepare for the demand we will be taking extra measures to make sure things are solid before releasing. If at all possible we would have released this month, but we don't want to rush things and we simply need more time.

In order to get a release out as soon as possible, we have decided that we will initially release v0.9b with online mode disabled for a brief period of time. We will then start activating online accounts in "batches" some time after release to help get things running smoothly.

This means that you will be able to play the game and see online in the menu, but you will only be able to use the mode once your account has been activated by us. We are still working out how we would like to distribute account activation, so we will get back to you on that as soon as we make a final decision (Think of this like a beta!).

In the meantime, the SSF2 Dev Team will be giving you some sneak peaks at some of the new content not shown at Apex. We will be sure to announce a new target release timing by the end of the month. Sorry for the delay, and we really appreciate everyone's patience so far, thanks!

Some of you may have seen this coming, but I want to make sure everyone knows that we are definitely still hard at work. Just hang tight!

Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:29 pm
Site Moderator

Waifu: Trollbean
Surprise!

Really, you should probably just aim late, man. Should've said May instead. If it had been done by March, it would've been a pleasant surprise!

Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:31 pm
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
It's not really always that simple.

Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:33 pm

MGN Username: superkid
Yeah, this kinda saddens me, but something got me confused. Does this mean that you guys still intend on giving us v0.9b this month without Online mode, or do you guys still have more work to do on the demo as a whole?

Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:51 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Zapperrix
Take your time devs. The smoother the better.

ZERO_OR wrote:
Also their is no such things as GODS.

Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:52 pm

MGN Username: 1smash18
Currently Playing: Pokemon Games, Super Smash Flash 2, I Wanna Be The Guy!, Games in General
Waifu: None
Now I still have time to do some things in the forums.

Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:04 pm

I guess I'm still gonna be bored for a long time now.

Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:11 pm
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
superkid wrote:
Yeah, this kinda saddens me, but something got me confused. Does this mean that you guys still intend on giving us v0.9b this month without Online mode, or do you guys still have more work to do on the demo as a whole?

We're going to ease the delay of the demo a lot by releasing it with online not enabled for everyone. If we were trying to get online ready to handle 400 bajillion people on at one time it would take a lot longer. We are going to release the demo with everything the demo needs to get online and then we will handle the server stuff on our side after release including whichever way we decide to start inviting users in once it's done.

So you get the demo relatively soon, and online relatively soon after that, rather than getting both way later.

Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:59 pm

[TSON] wrote:
superkid wrote:

We're going to ease the delay of the demo a lot by releasing it with online not enabled for everyone. If we were trying to get online ready to handle 400 bajillion people on at one time it would take a lot longer. We are going to release the demo with everything the demo needs to get online and then we will handle the server stuff on our side after release including whichever way we decide to start inviting users in once it's done.

So you get the demo relatively soon, and online relatively soon after that, rather than getting both way later.

Okay, thanks for the feedback. So do you guys still plan on any release in March for v0.9b without Online Mode?

Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:09 pm
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
superkid wrote:
[TSON] wrote:
superkid wrote:

Okay, thanks for the feedback. So do you guys still plan on any release in March for v0.9b without Online Mode?

We are not planning on anything at this point, just finishing the demo as soon as possible, whenever that may be. It could be this month (unlikely, really) or it may not.

Our goal is simply to make sure that we get it right before we release it, and then do the same for Online - having both up and running at full capacity as soon as possible.

Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:14 pm

[TSON] wrote:
superkid wrote:
[TSON] wrote:
superkid wrote:

We are not planning on anything at this point, just finishing the demo as soon as possible, whenever that may be. It could be this month (unlikely, really) or it may not.

Our goal is simply to make sure that we get it right before we release it, and then do the same for Online - having both up and running at full capacity as soon as possible.

Eh, alright then. And from looking at the Facebook update, I see that you guys are going for a "perfect" demo, wouldn't you say?

Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:31 pm

Currently Playing: Tales of the Abyss, SSF2.
So when will this content start being shown?

Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:31 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
Saw this coming, but whatever. As long as you guys are taking your time then it's alright. It's not like you are guys are being lazy or anything. at least when we get v0.9b without online then we can practice and see the changes from 0.9a to 0.9b.

Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:55 pm

MGN Username: Quote
Not really a surprise, but I'm happy you guys announced this now and not in two weeks time. Oh well, I'll just keep waiting patiently. :)

Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:06 am

MGN Username: Byllant
Currently Playing: A lot of Nintendo games as if there's no end.
In the meantime, you can continue your "torture" by posting shots of the demo. :smug:

Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:13 am
 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next