The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 16, 2020 1:55 am

[ 1576 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 106  Next
SSF2 Beta Bug Report/Troubleshooting Thread 

Waifu: Tadokoro Megumi
Pretty often, the AI will hang on a ledge even though I'm not off the stage. He will just hang there until I walk up and smash him off the stage. This was level 9s but not sure if it happens at other levels

Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:27 am

Currently Playing: OPTC, Yugioh, Naruto Online, Persona, SSF2, DBXV2
Waifu: Chie
zadewee wrote:
Pretty often, the AI will hang on a ledge even though I'm not off the stage. He will just hang there until I walk up and smash him off the stage. This was level 9s but not sure if it happens at other levels

Not really a bug, moreso just Artificial Stupidity. On the bright side, it leads to easy KOs!

Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:59 am

I've been experimenting with Fox Illusion platform cancels, and I've noticed two bugs:
1) Both Fox's Illusion and Falco's phantasm seem to go about the length of a pixel further to the left than to the right. You can see this by doing side-b back and forth and comparing the spacie's position against the background. Regardless of which position you measure, it will slowly drift to the left.
2) (Possibly related to 1) On Warioware, on the lower two platforms, you go much further to the left than to the right using both Illusion and Phantasm. This is to the extent where there is a very easy platform cancel for both spacies if you side-b left at the leftmost region of the right platform. However if you side-b right at the rightmost region of the left platform, you end up in the middle of the right platform. Additionally, and interestingly, if you side-b right from the left edge of the left platform, you travel (within a pixel) the same distance as if you did it in the opposite direction from the opposite platform.
I believe this is because of how these side-b moves work when leaving a surface; generally, if you side-b off the ground, you use the aerial version, even if you did not jump beforehand. This holds true even between (most) platforms, but for some reason side-bs from the left platform which would reach the right without using the aerial version will instead be grounded. However, if the grounded version would end up not on a platform, you will instead do the aerial version, causing you to travel extra distance and reach the platform. I am not familiar enough with the game's code to ascertain why, but hopefully this should help in resolving this bug.

Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:49 pm

Sometimes if one person presses down special, then a second person can't press down special. Haven't noticed this until the most recent SSF2 Beta. Easy to reproduce, here's a quick clip https://youtu.be/jQIP41pt0GQ. I'm not sure about other directions but down special is the easiest to cause it.

Please fix. Serious bug. This is really annoying bug whenever we play.

Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:40 pm

Waifu: Tadokoro Megumi
Ledge attack (as falco) on the right side of Hylian Skies makes you fall immediately

Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:41 pm

Every Time i go online and play with someone it keeps on freezing, pls fix

MAIN: :sonic: :naruto:

Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:32 am

PsnDth wrote:
Sometimes if one person presses down special, then a second person can't press down special. Haven't noticed this until the most recent SSF2 Beta. Easy to reproduce, here's a quick clip https://youtu.be/jQIP41pt0GQ. I'm not sure about other directions but down special is the easiest to cause it.

I've experienced this as well, but this likely isn't a bug. I'd be willing to bet that this happens when you and another person are playing together offline, probably sharing the same keyboard, right? If so, it's called ghosting. Since two down-b inputs require 4 keypresses, it's very probable that this is what's happening to you - the last b input is just getting ghosted. You might be able fix this, at least partially, by changing which keys you use; there are some helpful graphics in the link which show what configurations of keypresses cause ghosting.

Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:01 am

Items can despawn while they are in your hand.

Click to expand thumbnail

Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:59 pm

NoBuenoBoys wrote:
PsnDth wrote:

I've experienced this as well, but this likely isn't a bug. I'd be willing to bet that this happens when you and another person are playing together offline, probably sharing the same keyboard, right? If so, it's called ghosting. Since two down-b inputs require 4 keypresses, it's very probable that this is what's happening to you - the last b input is just getting ghosted. You might be able fix this, at least partially, by changing which keys you use; there are some helpful graphics in the link which show what configurations of keypresses cause ghosting.

I've tried this and this blocks all specials (even regular special). And I don't think this is ghosting because down + other player special works and special + other player down works. Also the layout of my keys and the fact that I can usually press 4 keys at once don't seem to justify this theory of ghosting. Can someone verify that it works or doesn't on their computer ?

Quick clip of me fooling around with combinations to show they work:
YouTube Video:

Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:42 pm

MGN Username: [BANNED]
Currently Playing: SSF2TAS
Get a new keyboard

Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:49 pm

Happyfrozenfire wrote:
Get a new keyboard

:cry: but I'm pretty sure it's a bug, it happens to other people and I haven't experienced this in any other games. Can someone please confirm/deny this?

Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:35 pm

PsnDth wrote:
Happyfrozenfire wrote:
Get a new keyboard

:cry: but I'm pretty sure it's a bug, it happens to other people and I haven't experienced this in any other games. Can someone please confirm/deny this?

Nevermind, it actually is ghosting -__-. IDK it seems like a weird combination to ghost on because none of the keys are in the same row/column. Sigh.

Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:27 pm

On online mode i can only play with high latency and whenever i try low latency,when the fight starts, it gets stuck on the countdown and there is a target counter

Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:01 pm

MGN Username: WaluigiTime404
I am trying to play SSF2 on my new Asus Chromebook c201pa and when I got to the SSF2 Beta page, it gets stuck at 100%. As I said, I have a chromebook (its ARM so I can't use linux to play it because adobe is too stupid to not make flash for ARM linux machines) and I don't have access to another pc that has windows (I tried installing windows on it, since its ARM it didn't work) so my only solution was to use the browser and it worked and I kept using it from then on to play, but about a month ago, the game just stopped working. It always got stuck at 100%. And I know you (tson) said the game loaded the data last, and I assumed it was the same for the browser version, but I can't delete any data from the browser because I have things like save files on other flash games. So hopefully someone on this thread with basic knowledge of flash games can help me.

Me right now: :?:

Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:45 pm

Fox seems to be unable to reflect Pac-Man's key projectile. Don't know it it's already been mentioned.

Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:32 pm
 [ 1576 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 106  Next