The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:18 pm

[ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
An RPG Idea? 

Okay, this is just an "off the head" idea. Prob. an Epic Fail, though, but...

Sephyr

Description:
Mankind has made great leaps in technology.
No longer are they limited to the sky.
Now they are planning to shoot for the stars, literally.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
The setting is, erm, in the not-so-near, but not-so-far future.

Earth has made giant leaps in technology. There are even a few Space Hotels! Unfortunately, Humankind has not rid itself of past mistakes, and still has not solved past problems.

In the heat of all this, many seek for a refuge among a safe place.

And then, suddenly...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
(The prologue/storyline is something like this)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
You wake up in bed, yawning. It's another day, and you have a strange feeling that your life will be changed on this very day. You dismiss the thought and boot up your computer.

With astonishment, you see a NEW MAIL icon floating on the desktop. It seems to have been sent by the Government. It reads,

"You and a group of other randomly selected people have been given the chance of a lifetime!

We cordially invite you to come aboard the Sephyr, a new Space Shuttle.

The Sephyr is a ship like no other. Its purpose is relaxation. Aboard the Sephyr, there is a huge variety of entertainment and pleasure services. Your visit, and stay on board the Sephyr are free of charge, paid for by the Government, as it is a prototype for a new generation of vehicles suited for Space Travel! We look forward to meeting your every need.

Should you accept to come aboard, please reply to this message as soon as you can."

With astonishment you finish reading.

"Reply." The basic command flies out of your mouth, and the screen changes.
You type in "Yes" to the message, then pause.

The message seems too good to be true. It could probably be a prank. If you reply, you'd probably end up realizing you got "Punk'd."

But what if it wasn't?

The Choice is yours...
Will you accept?

Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:36 pm

Currently Playing: Team Fortress 2, Osu!, FTL, Cortex Command, Hearthstone
If I said that this is good, the RP community of MG would permaban me from this section.
Kyzak would be a fully supporting advocate for that idea.
Promising seems like the word for this RP.

It has a nice beginning for a lot of change, and constant remaking.
I still need the RP engine defined though. Weaponry advancements, for example. Are we still using ballistics, or lasers? Is it combat affiliated at all? Descriptions, and whatnot of space ships, shuttles, psychics, magic, species, attire, suits, recreation, and lifestyle. Advancements in vehicular usage, types, and if it floats or not. Space traveling times, various discovered planets, Pluto's reintroduction as a planet, and a more concise beginning. Do you have a laptop in which you receive the email, or is it a hologram, touch screen, or what?

You're leaving me hanging, my friend. Future RPs tend to be nice, but frustratingly hard to start, as they require many details in order to know what you're meaning when you say "shuttle". A past RP is usually preferable to create, as they have "preset", constant items that you can base it upon, with small adjustments, such as adding a magical ability.

Now, can you help specify something?

Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:58 pm

I hadn't gotten to type out all the details yesterday, because of some......things....
So that's why I left off on the post.

ANYHOW!

"It has a nice beginning for a lot of change, and constant remaking.
I still need the RP engine defined though. Weaponry advancements, for example. Are we still using ballistics, or lasers? Is it combat affiliated at all? Descriptions, and whatnot of space ships, shuttles, psychics, magic, species, attire, suits, recreation, and lifestyle. Advancements in vehicular usage, types, and if it floats or not. Space traveling times, various discovered planets, Pluto's reintroduction as a planet, and a more concise beginning. Do you have a laptop in which you receive the email, or is it a hologram, touch screen, or what?

You're leaving me hanging, my friend. Future RPs tend to be nice, but frustratingly hard to start, as they require many details in order to know what you're meaning when you say "shuttle". A past RP is usually preferable to create, as they have "preset", constant items that you can base it upon, with small adjustments, such as adding a magical ability.

Now, can you help specify something?
"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are a lot of details to sort out if this WAS an RPG. As you said, it sucks, currently, but does have some possible potential. Today, I couldn't get it out of my head and I've been brainstorming...

So! I shall try to answer all of these questions and details as best as I can.
And as fast as I can, since my 'rents want to use the computer to do something, so...

Let's start with something simple...

---Combat.
Combat is affiliated, although it is not important if, and when the RPG begins; when first coming aboard the ship, it will have a "War Emulation" that will help me decide the whole battle system. Combat will come into the story later on.

---Weapons.
Weapons... I wasn't really thinking of "lasers" in general...

Possibly a handgun or something of that sort which can shock at different levels of strength, thus allowing you to either stun or kill your target.
They would be called, "Pulse Rifles," or something like that. I have many possible ideas for weapons, armor, items, etc.
(e.g. a pair of shoes that decrease friction around them, which allows you to move faster, [probably a FAIIIIL idea] or, instead, they would be small "jets" that you could use to hover in the air.)

---Magic.
Magic may or may not be included. My storyline is flexible enough to include it, however, I am not sure whether it should or should not be included, and if this RPG is started, I will worry about that later.

---Species.
Species might vary. There will probably only be humans, but because of the advanced technology, variations among humans will exist.
A more detailed explanation?

(This RPG will probably only include humans)
Humans have not yet made contact with other life forms. But, due to the advanced technology, hybrids and the like will exist.

For an example, there can be humans that are part cat, and therefore have heightened senses. Thus giving variation to the RPGers, making it SEEM like there are different races among them.

There can be humans that have robotic limbs.

(For animals, I'm not sure whether to include new species or not, because if I did, it'd be a PAIN to describe, etc. etc.)

---Attire (Clothing?):
Hmm. Since humans have advanced technology, but not by so much, I'd think that clothing would not have many differences. There would still be "styles" of clothing. Most would probably be made of cotton, but my imagination is flexible enough for differnt ideas.

---Suits:
I don't know what you mean by that. If you're talking about suits aboard the Sephyr, then I have not thought of that...

---Recreation/Lifestyle:
Will probably not have changed much. Humans have not progressed enough to conquer gravity, or whatever. Probably one or two new sports, though, as they have progressed enough that "football" is not all that exciting anymore.
Working on Lifestyle.

---Space Ships/Shuttles.
Space Ships have become more common now, with less area for error. More later, (remember how I'm on limited time here!)

---Computer Technology
Erm, it's a touchscreen laptop, with basic voice commands.

I gotta go!

Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:34 am

Currently Playing: Team Fortress 2, Osu!, FTL, Cortex Command, Hearthstone
I see. Clarified, and I'll wait for your next "update/adjustment".

(You have good taste in Avatars. *Takes Stabmaster pic*)

Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:52 pm

You should make a better story, I mean should our characters be like "OMG I will be going to space : D"
There should be a reason for our characters to be selected, And ALL of the characters have the same start?

Once upon a time... Animals were telling each other jokes all of them laughed except the donkey, And in the next day they found the donkey laughing and when they asked him for the reason he said "I understood yesterday's joke."

Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:42 am

I'm not even going to help you, just make it simple.

No.

May the path of the hero lead to the Triforce.

Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:43 pm

[JC] Destruction wrote:

No.

look at jc fail at making people feel bad.

Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:58 pm

Not Sayonara wrote:
[JC] Destruction wrote:

No.

He is actually making him more determined to make it, Although he properly won't.

Once upon a time... Animals were telling each other jokes all of them laughed except the donkey, And in the next day they found the donkey laughing and when they asked him for the reason he said "I understood yesterday's joke."

Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:59 am

Dragon fang wrote:
Not Sayonara wrote:
[JC] Destruction wrote:

No.

He is actually making him more determined to make it, Although he properly won't.

Thats why I said no. No matter how much we help, this is one of those RPs that'll just die once it gets out.

May the path of the hero lead to the Triforce.

Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:23 pm

[JC] Destruction wrote:
Dragon fang wrote:
Not Sayonara wrote:
[JC] Destruction wrote:

No.

Thats why I said no. No matter how much we help, this is one of those RPs that'll just die once it gets out.

lol like yours.

Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:09 pm

Not Sayonara wrote:
[JC] Destruction wrote:
Dragon fang wrote:
Not Sayonara wrote:
[JC] Destruction wrote:

No.

lol like yours.

Hehehe...
Anyway Aei try to think of a better RP idea with decent story line, If it is an Adventure RPG and you are already planning for a plot give us a reason to do this adventure don't force us to do it, RPG that let you do what you want is better.
Don't lose hope you can become one of the best Rpers. (I wonder how many doubts it...........)

Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:13 am

Meh. Don't listen to Dragon Fang. That's my advice. Oh. That and your RP needs a more solid system.

Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:47 pm

As a fan of Science Fiction, I find that this looks interesting.

Honestly, it's a great idea.

Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:40 pm

Whimskull wrote:
As a fan of Science Fiction, I find that this looks interesting.

Honestly, it's a great idea.

You.. you just want mechas in it..

Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:58 pm

Wow. More replies than I'd expected, and even one or two positive replies (planned for it to be shot down immediately :? ).

Anyways, in response to some posts, YES, it is a sucky RPG. But I had never planned on making it an RPG (Nub!) I was just daydreaming during class, got a few ideas for it, so yeah.

One of the best RPGers around? Pfft... in my dreams.
Wait...

And who can blame him?

Giant, enormous robots that have guns and such, and so are equipped for combat, fly around and smash everything in sight, which eventually take over the world and having complete domination of Earth, becoming a total dictator with your power and destroying anyone who is in your way, so that you will be the one voice on the planet...

Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:21 pm
 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next