The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 4:18 am

[ 423 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 29  Next
SSF2 Beta Developer Q&A Thread - PLEASE READ THE OP! 
Site Moderator

Waifu: ElvisDitto
tay wrote:
One thing you and Sakurai have in common is you both strive to be perfect. You didn’t have to resprite Mario, Sonic, and the most recent Yosi but you did anyways. You could have left the old rip sprites in the game but you didn't. You remade them from the ground up. You did the same for the stages. My question to you is what makes you guys strive to be perfect? I'm currently going to college for 3D animation and you guys have always been an inspiration to me. I know what you guys make is 2D and I'm going to be working with 3D, but I would like to be perfect too.

One thing you have to keep in mind that since we're not financially dependant on the product or are otherwise obliged to meet deadlines we have a bit more freedom to explore polishing things as we please. When you work on commercial production or otherwise work with deadlines striving for Sakurai-esque perfection may not always be the most efficient or economical choice. Even for us it isn't always, and Sakurai frequently injures himself during game development too. Keep that in mind when you go to college. Limits are important.

Now for the actual question; SSF2 will likely be the only choice all devs will have at working on the beloved Smash series, so we want to make it count. To a certain extent it also has to do with legacy I guess, since SSF2 will be available in whatever form for a looooong time, we hope it will have the same impact as the original, where people will revisit the product from time to time and say "I remember this from my childhood".

Personally speaking I aim to make things as best as I can because I want to show people what we're capable of. Many of the characters in SSF2 have never received a full sprite sheet so I want people to play our game, pick Bowser or w/e and go "oh wow I've never seen Bowser sprites like this" and also hopefully inspire people to pick up spriting themselves in the process. That, and it's always been my opinion that if you're passionate about something, you may as well try to be one of the best at it.

(you can now tweet mean things at me on Twitter @StevenEggplant)

Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:45 am
BR Member

Why is the Classic mode intro song so long?

Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:10 pm

MGN Username: Firelionninja12
Currently Playing: SSF2
Waifu: WHAT IS A WAIFU?!?!?
Is Bowser's forward smash animation going to change to the drop kick later?
I love the drop kick. My Mains: :sonic: :megaman: :luigi: :sandbag: :falco: :donkeykong: ( :pacman: Don't ask) :metaknight: :bandanadee: :bowser:

Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:33 am

MGN Username: IMainPichu
Waifu: Villie
FireLionNinja wrote:
My Mains: :sonic: :megaman: :luigi: :sandbag: :falco: :donkeykong: ( :pacman: Don't ask) :metaknight: :bandanadee: :bowser:

When are you guys gonna make signatures obligatory? :pikachu:

Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:25 am

MGN Username: Lermonz
FireLionNinja wrote:
My Mains: :sonic: :megaman: :luigi: :sandbag: :falco: :donkeykong: ( :pacman: Don't ask) :metaknight: :bandanadee: :bowser:

Also why do you have ten mains?
3 is the max amount of mains you can have in my opinion.

buh

Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:02 pm

MGN Username: Randumbness132
Currently Playing: around doing nothing
Waifu: Yul. B. Suhray
Lermonz wrote:
FireLionNinja wrote:

I think he has several as his secondary?

Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:04 pm

MGN Username: Firelionninja12
Waifu: WHAT IS A WAIFU?!?!?
finallyfantastic7 wrote:
Lermonz wrote:
FireLionNinja wrote:

I think he has several as his secondary?

When I play for Competitively, I usually don't play the same two or three characters at a time. I usually try to be a good {Insert your Character Here} player who wants a fair fight. When I play for fun, I chose randomly. I just wanna be decent player, Even though I suck sometimes.

Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:15 pm
SSF2 Developer

MGN Username: spid3y916
Quote:
This is not a discussion topic. If you want to talk about the answer to a question, take it to the SSF2 Discussion topic.

Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:22 pm
BR Member

How long will the Halloween Waiting Room show? (Until a patch? Until a certain date?)

Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:10 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Probably the new patch of SSF2 Beta.
Densetsu wrote:
How long will the Halloween Waiting Room show? (Until a patch? Until a certain date?)
It'll go away automatically after October ends, and it will reappear every October, forever.

Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:48 am

MGN Username: [BANNED]
Currently Playing: SSF2TAS
Oh neat

Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:55 am

MGN Username: Byllant
Currently Playing: A lot of Nintendo games as if there's no end.
Refurin wrote:
Densetsu wrote:
It'll go away automatically after October ends, and it will reappear every October, forever.

So if I change the internal clock of my PC to october when it's not october, will it trick the game into changing the Waiting Room to the Halloween theme?

Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:00 pm

MGN Username: RavinRaven
Currently Playing: SSF2, The Game of Love
Waifu: Luna (Gwain Saga)
Refurin wrote:
Densetsu wrote:

So are you gonna do something like that for every month?
December has a christmas one, November has a thanksgiving one, October has the holloween theme, September is back to school or some crud, etc., leaving only August, June, and May to have the original waiting room?

Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:55 pm
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
Byllant wrote:
Refurin wrote:
Densetsu wrote:

So if I change the internal clock of my PC to october when it's not october, will it trick the game into changing the Waiting Room to the Halloween theme?

Yes

Ravin_Raven wrote:
Refurin wrote:
Densetsu wrote:

So are you gonna do something like that for every month?
December has a christmas one, November has a thanksgiving one, October has the holloween theme, September is back to school or some crud, etc., leaving only August, June, and May to have the original waiting room?

Not at this time but might be something that pops up later. I wanna say we've posted some other holiday waiting rooms on Facebook a few times

Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:59 pm

MGN Username: RavinRaven
Currently Playing: SSF2, The Game of Love
Waifu: Luna (Gwain Saga)
tson wrote:
Not at this time but might be something that pops up later. I wanna say we've posted some other holiday waiting rooms on Facebook a few times

I think that if you were to do that, you should restrict the festivities to the specific day, or at least the week on which it occurs, just to keep them special, and let the original be the original for more than just a few months a year.

Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:11 pm
 [ 423 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 29  Next