The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 8:12 pm

[ 283 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 19  Next
SSF1 Discussion 
BR Member

MGN Username: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
Crow Robot wrote:
link and y link have arrows
s tier
fox has a really annoying gun
s tier
c falcon has a useless falcon punch
k tier (should still be a thing)

For a start, Link has a below average dashing speed and he and Young Link are fairly tall. Link's arrows, are inferior to other projectiles and Young Link's arrows are slower. Additionallly, both of their air speeds are awful, and as a result, they have a hard time making it back onto the stage.

Fox is significantly better, however his blaster is more equivalent to Falco and does poor damage for this game. The S-Tier characters all have a good mix of either fast projectiles (Mario Bros), Disjoints coupled with speed (Zero) or some kind of broken damage racking ability (InuYasha and Lloyd), or multijumps and projectiles (Tails), which is why he isn't top tier. If his Shine worked like a shine, he probably would be top tier.

Captain Falcon is a bad character in this game, however he has an excellent dashing speed to make up for it. As well as two moves that power him across the ground. This actually can give him a better recovery with a Jump-Cancelled Side Attack, which can propel him diagonally upwards if timed right.

Plus, K Tier doesn't apply to this game. Kirby's a solid mid tier, and having a K Tier would make this tier list look like a complete joke.

Believe me when I say there's a reason we chose all of the tier placements as they are.

Click to expand thumbnail

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber

Mains: :lucario: :simon:

Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:16 am

Currently Playing: bye bye MG
k tier was a joke
and so is c falcon

Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:37 am

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
CSWooly wrote:
Crow Robot wrote:
link and y link have arrows
s tier
fox has a really annoying gun
s tier
c falcon has a useless falcon punch
k tier (should still be a thing)

For a start, Link has a below average dashing speed and he and Young Link are fairly tall. Link's arrows, are inferior to other projectiles and Young Link's arrows are slower. Additionallly, both of their air speeds are awful, and as a result, they have a hard time making it back onto the stage.

Fox is significantly better, however his blaster is more equivalent to Falco and does poor damage for this game. The S-Tier characters all have a good mix of either fast projectiles (Mario Bros), Disjoints coupled with speed (Zero) or some kind of broken damage racking ability (InuYasha and Lloyd), or multijumps and projectiles (Tails), which is why he isn't top tier. If his Shine worked like a shine, he probably would be top tier.

Captain Falcon is a bad character in this game, however he has an excellent dashing speed to make up for it. As well as two moves that power him across the ground. This actually can give him a better recovery with a Jump-Cancelled Side Attack, which can propel him diagonally upwards if timed right.

Plus, K Tier doesn't apply to this game. Kirby's a solid mid tier, and having a K Tier would make this tier list look like a complete joke.

Believe me when I say there's a reason we chose all of the tier placements as they are.

Actually his reflector acts like Falco's by sending opponents up. However, their is not much you can do about that since you can't perform the combos that you can do in SSF2 or any main games. It also sucks that it can't reflect.

Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:40 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
This is active :shock: Anyway, I figured out some minor ATs (yes. there are some)

Shorthop (SH): Simply hold down while jumping. and your jump height will get reduced by 50%. This works only for a grounded jump tho.

Jump Cancel (JC): Prolly well-known, but Im including it anyways. SSF1 lets you cancel every move by jumping. This potentially screws the already broken physics (Try JC Fox Illusion) and is kinda useful for some characters. JC Rollout for Puff is one of the fastest movement options in the game and completely neutralizes the lag it normally has.

Turnaround Cancel (TC): Similar to JC, but instead of pressing jump, just turn around. This will allow you to cancel your move as well weithout needing to jump which can be useful if heightisnt hat you want /need. This can be used for examle with Fox´s mid-air Down P (Firefox?) as you can potentially fastfall with that and be a hitbox as well at the same time without any lag and being able to cancel said moves right away.

Warp (WA): Some chars have the ability that turning around if standong still (some require moving) "warps" them into the direction youre now looking at. Not that useful on its own (in fact more off-throwing), but it can be used for some minor mindgames I guess.

Warp Edgeguarding (WE): This one is simple: Warp offstage, press P and warp back onstage really quick. If done right, you will use any of your moves you wish (besides grounded Down P) while going offstage, but will will land onstage with no lag afterwards.

On another note, Im currently working on falling speed and Jump Height data for each char and will release the list once Im done. Wooly made some data as well, can you put it here?

For Fxo´s Shine, try JCing it into Up Attack maybe... Should work

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:38 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
Ok.

Reserving this spot for running speed and air speed. I'm just waiting to get m/s measurements.

Here's the raw BF/s measurements of speed.

It was calculated by 1/Time taken to cross Battlefield.

0.714 BF/s (1.4s) - Super Sonic
0.625 BF/s (1.6s) - Sonic, Naruto, CF
0.588 BF/s (1.7s) - Lloyd
0.556 BF/s (1.8s) - Blue, Cloud, Meta Knight, Crono, Tails, Blade, Sheik, Zero, Shadow
0.526 BF/s (1.9s) - Pikachu, Fox, InuYasha, Mario, Young Link, Mr Incredible, Mewtwo, Luigi
0.5 BF/s (2s) - Knuckles, Link
0.476 BF/s (2.1s) - Kirby
0.455 BF/s (2.2s) - Mega Man X, Mr Game and Watch, Samus, Zelda, Jigglypuff

I have 11 air speeds, and the rest are being worked out when I have time.

Last edited by TSF.Strife on Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:16 pm
BR Member

How are you gonna determine what a meter is in SSF1 scale? BF/s sounds better for me to be honest^^ Gonna do falling speed there as well, but Jump height... Maybe in JPH (Jigglypuff height) or somerhing like that... Whos the smalles char in the game? Because I thought of using that one as the basic units.

Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:22 pm
BR Member

Samus is 6'1 I think. If I get sideways Samuses, I can work out distance.

Also, the speeds are up.

Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:25 pm
BR Member

Good luck with that^^ Im gonna start my testing tomorrow, dont feel lime starting at 11 PM. Im already hyped for the 1fps measurements...

Gonna add a list for chars that can use WE and Warp techniques later. WE ofc also works on BF/Whispy Woods/any other stages platforms, not only for edgeguarding.

Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:29 pm
BR Member

Sorry for the double post, but I think I doscovered a nother "new" AT: Momentum Cancel (MC) is also present in this game! Works like you would expect, per form any move after being launched and your taken KB should be decreased by a lot. Its really effective here actually making surving at high % somewhat easier against those Up Attacks killing at 35%... Fox has the best one imo, has he can nullify any KB with Fox Illusion and even go for a jump cancel into it if needed. Firefox also is a decent option as it completely stops your momentum and can be TCed as well, making Fox potentially one of the chars with the highest survivalbilty yet. Im still working on Jump Height and falling speed, just something I noticed.

Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:13 am
BR Member

SkaiPrower wrote:
Sorry for the double post, but I think I doscovered a nother "new" AT: Momentum Cancel (MC) is also present in this game! Works like you would expect, per form any move after being launched and your taken KB should be decreased by a lot. Its really effective here actually making surving at high % somewhat easier against those Up Attacks killing at 35%... Fox has the best one imo, has he can nullify any KB with Fox Illusion and even go for a jump cancel into it if needed. Firefox also is a decent option as it completely stops your momentum and can be TCed as well, making Fox potentially one of the chars with the highest survivalbilty yet. Im still working on Jump Height and falling speed, just something I noticed.

Cool. I knew you could do that though, it allows Luigi and Mario to survive long periods of time.

Another cool thing is that you can change the direction of the KB of a projectile by turning around. This can extend strings for the flashy players put there.

Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:44 am

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
SkaiPrower wrote:

Oh Byll told me it might be in that game.

Do you think you can get a list of moves that could momentum cancel?

Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:08 pm
BR Member

All side attack/Down Attacks/ moves that gve you a boost in any direction. So basically all moves bedies Normal Attack

Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:54 pm
BR Member

Anotehr double post... PLZ SPARE ME :?

I found out yet another thing: You can only have one projectile of each type onscreen at the same time. That means only one FIreball, Lazor, Arrow, Smaus´s machine gun whatever. The funny thing about is that the Mario Bros. FIreball counts as one, so basically Marios cancels Luigis and vice versa. Same goes for the Links and their Boomerangs, not so sure about arrows yet. Also useful in Samus dittos to throw off the pother player.

For Falling speed: My original plan of TASing the game for frame accurate data is dead... Apparently Macromedia Flash Player and therefore SSF1 cant be TASed by the means I have, so I gotta use a timer instead :doh: For Jump height, Im going to measure it in :jigglypuff: height to get the most exact measurement. I already now that Lloyd is a Top Tier candidate for that while Fox aooarently isnt too good of a jumper.

Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:19 am

MGN Username: IronedSandwich
Currently Playing: Reddit
Waifu: /u/Spez
TSF|CSWooly wrote:
The placement of characters on this list will be dependent on the following things.

- Air Speed
    - Jump Height
    - Number of Jumps
    - Projectiles
    - Overall Range
    - Ground Speed
    - Kill Power
    - Number of potential instakills

ok. I'm not 100% (I'm barely 75% to be honest), but I THINK there's another statistic: survivability.
Essentially: I feel that there is a downside to running speed in that if one is hit off a stage while moving in that general direction (in SSF1 KB amounts are huge, often more than SSF2 on a damage ratio of 1.5, so if you want to move and aren't able to dodge every attack this will matter) or very quickly in the opposite they may be KOed when they could otherwise recover.
If this turns out to be a thing, I feel Mr Incredible almost certainly deserves to be put above Mr Game and Watch, although this could be the case anyway as Mr Game & Watch can be rushed down
easily due to the lag on most of his attacks, his F not being enough to recover from this, and because of Mr Incredible's Incredible (sarcastic drumroll) kill power.

S: Waddle Dee
A: Jeremy Corbyn
B: Waddle Dee
C: Waddle Dee

Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:31 am

MGN Username: IronedSandwich
Currently Playing: Reddit
Waifu: /u/Spez
SkaiPrower wrote:
Anotehr double post... PLZ SPARE ME :?

I found out yet another thing: You can only have one projectile of each type onscreen at the same time. That means only one FIreball, Lazor, Arrow, Smaus´s machine gun whatever. The funny thing about is that the Mario Bros. FIreball counts as one, so basically Marios cancels Luigis and vice versa. Same goes for the Links and their Boomerangs, not so sure about arrows yet. Also useful in Samus dittos to throw off the pother player.

For Falling speed: My original plan of TASing the game for frame accurate data is dead... Apparently Macromedia Flash Player and therefore SSF1 cant be TASed by the means I have, so I gotta use a timer instead :doh: For Jump height, Im going to measure it in :jigglypuff: height to get the most exact measurement. I already now that Lloyd is a Top Tier candidate for that while Fox aooarently isnt too good of a jumper.

Don't Falcon Punch me for double posting, but for the speed side of TAS Cheat Engine should work. It does for SSF2. I can't confirm this because I try to download it, Norton removes the file, and promptly freezes whenever I try to undo it.

S: Waddle Dee
A: Jeremy Corbyn
B: Waddle Dee
C: Waddle Dee

Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:33 am
 [ 283 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 19  Next