The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 5:24 pm

[ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
SuperSegaSonicSS's Sprite/Pixel Art Gallery 

What do you want to see me sprite?
Official Smash Bros. Fighters 29%  29%  [ 4 ]
Non Official SSB Fighters 14%  14%  [ 2 ]
Custom Sprites of SSF2 Fighters 36%  36%  [ 5 ]
Other/Request (Please make a comment of what you have in mind) 21%  21%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 14

SuperSegaSonicSS's Sprite/Pixel Art Gallery 

Currently Playing: SSF2... duh.
-Micbro wrote:
SuperSegaSonicSS wrote:
You mean like this?

[ Image ]

If so, I was thinking the same about the shoe stripe myself, I guess it's fine now. Thanks.

If that's ok now, here's something I did since the base sprite is finished imo.

[ Image ]

This was rather fun to do, I kinda like it. Anyone that wants to critique is fine to do so.

Also as a special addition, something I found in my old files I did months ago.

[ Image ]

Imo, it's not too bad looking back at it, but I see some things I would change if I decide to do so. Maybe when I get some time, if anyone's interested with giving any feedback.

Nice! the fix was great!

Thanks for the suggestion!

Now, with that done, I was bored so I was going to post another old sprite I did before, a character I actually did posted here before. But before I decided to post it here, I felt like I should redo the shading of the character to be more like how I do things now.

Although I feel this is a much better approach than before years ago, I don't know how I feel about her top's outline, it seems a bit too dark to me but idk... If anyone wants to give any extra advice, I would appreciate it.

Here's some of my spritework I did~. Image
Find more at my thread: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=42479

Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:27 am

Well, since I had time to spare, I finished up the current sprite. Here's her old animation I did years ago.

And here's the updated one with "better shading".

And a side by side comparison.

ImageImage

Let me know what you think if you have any questions.

Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:37 pm

Been busy for a while. Just thought I'd share this here, since I found it in my old files. Since I have some downtime now, maybe I'll do some work on this while I have some free time.

Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:55 pm

MGN Username: Micbro
Currently Playing: Super Smash Brothers for 3ds, Super Smash Flash 2, Kid Icarus Uprising (after game stuff)
SuperSegaSonicSS wrote:
Been busy for a while. Just thought I'd share this here, since I found it in my old files. Since I have some downtime now, maybe I'll do some work on this while I have some free time.

[ Image ]

I realy did like that game and she was a fantastic character. That look pretty well done. I wonder how your Pit would look, a lot of spriters on here have tried and failed to make him

Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:32 pm

MGN Username: Asith
Currently Playing: SSF2, Pokemon, etc
Wow, these are really well polished sprites. I love the power puff girls Z work you've done.
Can't wait to see more, keep it up :D

Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:02 am

I have decided to share these sprites I'm about to post that I had planned for a project I had worked on since years ago but now I've dropped the project from being continued. With that said, for the next couple of posts I'll be posting some sprites I've held back from posting to the public.

ImageImage

I will be posting more later on. Keep in mind these are rather old so if anyone wants to critique them, go ahead and I'll respond back to your questions later.

-Micbro wrote:
SuperSegaSonicSS wrote:

[ Image ]

I realy did like that game and she was a fantastic character. That look pretty well done. I wonder how your Pit would look, a lot of spriters on here have tried and failed to make him

I've been meaning to reply back to your comment about this, I honestly don't know how I would do his sprite right atm, but that could just be me being pessimistic about my skill level to try or something. I'll keep it in mind, thanks for the suggestion.

Monotonous wrote:
Wow, these are really well polished sprites. I love the power puff girls Z work you've done.
Can't wait to see more, keep it up :D

And thanks to you, appreciated.

Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:25 am

MGN Username: Shaske
Currently Playing: smesh tri dee essu
Isn't Shantae's skin supposed to be darker? Or you just prefer it that way? Nice smooth animation for both btw

Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:42 pm

Shaske wrote:
Isn't Shantae's skin supposed to be darker? Or you just prefer it that way? Nice smooth animation for both btw

It's actually using the exact same palette colors as her Risky's Revenge sprites.

With a few more palettes for smoother shading and such but it's the same colors as her DS games. It might just be how I did the shading for my style of spriting that makes her look lighter I guess, heh.

Anyways, thanks for the comment and here's a couple of more sprites I have done before.

ImageImage

I made an even older version of Peach before that was like an edited version of the M&L series sprites but I thought it aged poorly so I relatively recently made this newer version, which afterwards I made Rosalina using her as a base. I never made a animation for Peach, but oh well.

Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:03 pm

i love your rosalina and your zss ,but shantae s skin is more darker

Attachments:
images.png
images.png [ 10.28 KiB | Viewed 2589 times ]

Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:31 pm

MGN Username: Detta
Waifu: Zinnia
i think the solution to this "skin is darker" problem is to have more of her face shaded. in the original sprite, most of her face has the darker shade on it, but on your sprite it's mostly around the outline of the face. if you scaled the original sprite up to the size of yours, it would have shading like 3-4 pixels thicker than yours.

i think the sprite looks fine as it is though, aside from how poofy her pants are. could be toned down a bit but that's just my opinion.

Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:56 pm

Thanks for the critiques, everyone. Since I don't have plans to use these sprites for anything personal anymore, I could make changes from the feedback I get from here and learn from that for future reference. As people proclaimed that should be adjusted, I've made a few edits to the original Shantae sprite to see the adjustment asked around here.

From left to right: Original, Tweaked Hair, Pirate's Curse Art Colors + SSF2 Mario for a side comparison

To me, there are a couple of things I feel the newer colors looks better than the older ones (the look of the pants in shading, i.e) but I prefer the classic colors as they make her look more colorful and alive, imo. I find both skin tones to work either way, but for me I like the first one more. Let me know what you all think about it.

Oh and before I forget, here's another character I made a idle animation for, although it's quite dated.

Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:38 am

Just wanted to make a quick post of another sprite I did from the cancelled project.

I also made his blades for him as well;

but they weren't 100% completed so keep that in mind. Let me know what you think about the sprite.

Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:35 am
Site Moderator

Waifu: ElvisDitto
What I like about your work is that you have the fundamental parts of spriting down to a science. What I would like to suggest, however, is to up the contrast between colours.

(you can now tweet mean things at me on Twitter @StevenEggplant)

Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:46 pm

Steven wrote:
What I like about your work is that you have the fundamental parts of spriting down to a science. What I would like to suggest, however, is to up the contrast between colours.

Thanks, I'll take your advice and try to handle that with future sprites. If I could ask, what is your opinion about that Shantae recoloring I posted above?

Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:12 am
Site Moderator

Waifu: ElvisDitto
SuperSegaSonicSS wrote:
Steven wrote:

Thanks, I'll take your advice and try to handle that with future sprites. If I could ask, what is your opinion about that Shantae recoloring I posted above?

I like the third pallet, but you've pillow-shaded it so it looks fuzzier than neccesary. I think you should adjust the shading moreso than the colouring.

(you can now tweet mean things at me on Twitter @StevenEggplant)

Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:36 pm
 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next