The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 5:31 pm

[ 540 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 36  Next
Ichigo 

MGN Username: AfroWarrior
Hi there. I'm AfroWarrior, AKA AfroAkira. Are you tired of playing Ichigo and losing? Ashamed that everyone else is better than you? Then do I have the video for you! Here I will show you the expert tips and tricks necessary to play Ichigo to his fullest potential!

YouTube Video:

Curbstomp your friends! Dominate your enemies! Annihilate the competition! With Ichigo, you will always win 80% of the time, everytime.

I have ran over a thousand miles
Unknown to Community, nor known to the World
Have withstood pain to perfect my technique
Yet this speed will never be remembered
My whole life was Sonic the Hedgehog.

Mains: :sonic: :bomberman:

Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:16 pm

AfroWarrior wrote:
Hi there. I'm AfroWarrior, AKA AfroAkira. Are you tired of playing Ichigo and losing? Ashamed that everyone else is better than you? Then do I have the video for you! Here I will show you the expert tips and tricks necessary to play Ichigo to his fullest potential!

[ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33Uy8Gmqe-M ]

Curbstomp your friends! Dominate your enemies! Annihilate the competition! With Ichigo, you will always win 80% of the time, everytime.

I haven't actually run into anyone doing this.

Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:23 pm
BR Member

Rider0fLightning wrote:
AfroWarrior wrote:

Then you havent truely experienced the wonders of ssf2 online

Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:53 pm

FedoraTheExplorer wrote:
Rider0fLightning wrote:
AfroWarrior wrote:

I do hope I do someday. There's no way for me to adapt to it if I never face it. I guess pellet spamming with Megaman could work...?

Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:29 am
BR Member

Rider0fLightning wrote:
FedoraTheExplorer wrote:
Rider0fLightning wrote:
AfroWarrior wrote:

I do hope I do someday. There's no way for me to adapt to it if I never face it. I guess pellet spamming with Megaman could work...?

not unless you hit the start up, it goes right through every projectile

Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:17 pm

MGN Username: sparty88
I could probably make a top 10 list of things that are lame/gimmicky with Ichi, but my most recent discovery is that his uspec is only punishable with projectiles. It's not a big deal, because there's not much reason for someone to use it on ground, but just the fact that dashing at it sucks you up is another one of quite a few reasons why Ichi is probably the least punishable char in the game. Even when he's doing something totally stupid, you have to rethink how to play him. It's something I've gotten used to, but it's an extremely obnoxious style to play against. The waiting game reminds me of Brawl, and how much I hate it.

Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:03 pm

MGN Username: Shine!
Currently Playing: Minecraft Bedrock & Roblox
Waifu: All guys from Free!
jorrja wrote:
I played this guy called smasherx for 7-8 games, and he was the most horrible Ichigo I ever battled.

I tried everything from usings wario's neutral-B to zelda's teleport to get under the up-B spam. But it only resulted in him spamming other moves. :| If you catch Ichigo side-B 2 times with wario's Bite he just starts spamming down tilt/dash attack and up-B. And if you failed to recover at low % he just taunts and starts spamming again.

I made a video to show why side-B spam is a reliable tactic. Online AND offline. Also his up-B has grab invincibility(also shown in the video). [ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7j67NzxYfc ]

After these games I was so pissed that I deleted SSF2 from my PC.....

The thing is when playing Zelda vs Ichigo/Swordsmen is that while you can try to go in and get some hits in and combo. You shouldn't be trying to clank with moves. You need to play uber defensively. Which is something Zelda was designed for and while shielding, shield grabbing, and punishing sound like boring ineffective ways of racking up damage you have to remember Zelda can kill Ichigo at like 70%-80% with a Lightning Kick and 90% with a Down Smash.

You should try exploring different playstyles with your Zelda because one thing that makes her difficult to handle even against characters with disjoints is that she can switch from offensive to defensive.

Also you should try Side Smash for clanking.

EDIT: King Zao was right, you could move first frame. Rather than crouching you should've down smashed.

Last edited by Shine-chan on Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:29 am
YIM
BR Member

MGN Username: Zapperrix
jorrja wrote:
I played this guy called smasherx for 7-8 games, and he was the most horrible Ichigo I ever battled.

I tried everything from usings wario's neutral-B to zelda's teleport to get under the up-B spam. But it only resulted in him spamming other moves. :| If you catch Ichigo side-B 2 times with wario's Bite he just starts spamming down tilt/dash attack and up-B. And if you failed to recover at low % he just taunts and starts spamming again.

I made a video to show why side-B spam is a reliable tactic. Online AND offline. Also his up-B has grab invincibility(also shown in the video). [ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7j67NzxYfc ]

The first frame Zelda could move, you crouched.

ZERO_OR wrote:
Also their is no such things as GODS.

Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:42 pm

MGN Username: sparty88
To that Ichi I just wrecked, let me save that replay my dude. Other people want to learn how to beat that stupid a** char. :D Sorry but I will continue to carry a personal vendetta against him until people stop the silliness.

Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:27 am

MGN Username: Sot6P
Currently Playing: SSBPM, SSF2 0.9b
jorrja wrote:

Ummm. If you lose to SmasherX, that's your problem, not Ichigo's.

If he was such a horrible Ichigo player, then pull out your own Ichigo against him. Not a hard thing to do. If you lose in the ditto, no excuse: you are worse than him. Go and get better.

Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:48 am

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Some people are natural not good at dittos. The mirror match-up mess-up their playstyle when a character can/can't punish their own moves.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:15 am

MGN Username: ZekePrower
Currently Playing: With my fox dolls.
I wish I could fight more sideb spam Ichigo. Tails can jump over his head and hit him :D

Rem is my main. Kinda looks like Tails doesn't she?

Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:48 am
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
please let me help you guys

Attachments:
shield.png
shield.png [ 33.52 KiB | Viewed 1503 times ]

Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:20 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
This is becoming PM with all these people saying "NERF PLZ! TOO OP! BAN!"

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:41 pm

MGN Username: NeoSpectre
Currently Playing: SSF2, SSBC, LoL, Diablo 3, IKEMEN
Rider0fLightning wrote:
I think Ichigo needs to be able to get hit out of Flash Step. He's completely invincible when moving through the moves. He's simply moving fast, not teleporting. Or make the Flash Step attacks much easier to punish on whiff.

No. This is wrong. 0.7 Ichigo was invincible mid-Shunpo because he literally didn't have a hurt box and would PASS THROUGH projectiles completely because there was simply nothing to collide with. 0.9b Ichigo out prioritizes most projectiles, which is why he DESTROYS them on contact. The key difference is that he's tangible, and disjoints CAN hit him before he hits you. Just try using Shunpo to get past Link's Up-B. You can't. The same holds true with many of Marth's attacks.

Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:47 am
 [ 540 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 36  Next