The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 10:46 pm

[ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next
Wayward Winds 

OOC: *Cough* I do apologize for not posting... But then, I never have time, and most of my posts in the other topic are rushed anyways... Eh. Excuses. I didn't miss much anyway.

Aiolos nibbled on a loaf of bread in his hand and stared weary-eyed at the sky. It was only noon, but the soporific rush of waves and the somniferous bustle of the town were enough to make him drowsy. He fiddled with the edge of his coat before sighing and removing it due to the heat. The thing was far too heavy, he mused languidly, before sitting cross-legged until the rest of the crowd regathered and Avigo was in sight.

Moments later he was staring into a dusty, dirty pub which was crammed with blithering drunk, odious military sailors. He smirked and adjusted his coat on his shoulder. The thing was far too damn heavy, and he wondered if he could find one of better quality that wasn't so hard to lug around. He wiped a bead of sweat from his eye and panted a little in the over-heated, salty air, daydreaming about coats and captaining a ship filled with better ones than his own.

Another few moments passed, and he realized how far off he had drifted. He sighed and listened to the captain's words, as well as the short exchange that came after. He coughed lightly at a few points to say something, but he doubted he had been heard. He gave up and watched, slightly amused, as Aneira entered the gamy tavern.

Sat May 16, 2009 12:22 am

Currently Playing: The Game
((I'll just go along with Kiki, and assuming that everyone is in position of some sort. Do tell me how you[Zesper] want the combat to be handled, or do we handle it ourselves?))

She drew them out, like a siren. It was not like the acting was flawed, it was that the men were drunk enough to fall for it. He had trotted away with Binky some good distance across the street and could look in to the alley way as the men swaggered out. Poor Aneira, he thought with a slight curl forming around the corner of his mouth. She must have had a lot of self restraint too, as he began counting the amount of men he needed to shoot in the head so as not to riddle the suit with bullet holes.

Finally, they gathered in to the alley and Jong unslung the musketoon from his back. It wasn't ornate or anything special. The wooden grips had long hardened thanks to the treatment it was subject to before the barrel was fitted. Being a flintlock weapon, Jong didn't have to fuss with a fuse unlike matchlocks. Taking a small wrapping of powder and shoving it down the barrel with a rod followed by a bullet from his breast pocket, Jong awaited the signal. It would take two seconds as long as Binky and himself did not move unnecessarily. One to shoulder his weapon and steady Binky and the second to aim and fire.

Sat May 16, 2009 5:23 am

OOC: Yay, progress!

Raleigh barely managed to hold back his laughter as he saw events unfold in the tavern. Due to his honed senses, he could hear what was going on as well. Just as I thought. He mused. Seduction tactics. Of course, Aneira wasn't half bad as an actress. How she managed to keep her cool during the performance, he would never know. As Aneira led the group into the isolated alleyway, Raleigh knew that this would have to be his final decision of whether to join these blokes on their voyage. Once he played a role in killing the privateers, he knew there would be no turning back.
Meh, he thought dismisively, why not?

Sat May 16, 2009 8:14 am

Aiolos drummed his fingers on the hilt of his sword, waiting to attack. This was all rather sudden, he thought, and he wasn't too hot about the idea of sword fighting while other people had guns. It made it a thousand times harder to stay in the right spot, and as he crouched, ready to draw his own weapon, he wished he know how to use a ranged one.

Sat May 16, 2009 10:31 am
Site Moderator

Ari held on his staff, and concentrated on his levitating wheel, becoming ready to send it out with a quick thought. He hadn't tried much fighting, though it felt rather...natural for this. Hopefully the others are good at it... he wondered, though went back to his stance.

Sat May 16, 2009 7:12 pm

Currently Playing: Team Fortress 2, Osu!, FTL, Cortex Command, Hearthstone
OOC: Well, I haven't been here in a while lets see what's goi-
WE'RE GOING WITH THE PLAN? No! I still need to save money on car insurance!
IC:
Yes, here come the drunken layabouts of all of Dasmel Island. Lenard thought grimly. Oh yes, we all shall come together, and celebrate, singing like bards with seven too many drinks. Singing like old pals for hours upon hours...
Such is not the case.

Lenard silently let out a sigh. These men seemed to be the typical sailor. Swearing, drinking, sailing... the works. Pulling out his daggers, Lenard immediately wished that archery wasn't so boring, or that he actually had an interest. However, he thought, that's why people like Jong exist: to perform that duty. Focusing his gaze upon the oncoming men, from his position deep in the alley behind the corner, he noted that the people seemed to be unarmed. Lenard felt confident in his abilities to rush through the alley fast enough to cut the men down with his daggers before everyone else finished them off, but had a sudden realization:
He had never killed anyone-only injured and fled afterward, robbing them of valuables.

Sun May 17, 2009 9:24 pm

>POST UNACCEPTABLE

Last edited by Aeifyre on Tue May 26, 2009 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri May 22, 2009 3:03 pm

O.O.C.
________________________________________________________________________________
Aeifyre... I'm not quite sure what just happened in your post, but I'm sure you're you are getting a little too far ahead.

Setting
Port Town: Back alley
Noon: Sunny

________________________________________________________________________________
The plan went off without a hitch. Just as Avigo predicted, the privateers followed the woman much like sheep. From a combination of the alcohol and their overall stupidity, it never occurred to any of them how idiotic this all sounded. A strange woman running into a bar crying that a single, high ranking member of the world's most notorious pirates was hiding out alone in an alleyway. But any shred of common sense they had left that the cheep beer hadn't destroyed was overridden by the aspect of being a hero to a damsel in distress and maybe even one more shinny medal pinned to their already flamboyant uniforms. As soon as Aneira pointed the way, the group of men barreled down the winding path of the ally, driven by a primal sense of heroism.

Captain Avigo
"Oh deary me, I do 'ope that she 'urrys up..." Avigo muttered in a drab tone. Though it was a relief from the stifling sunlight, Avigo was not particularly fond of alleyways. For quite some time, he had been leaning up against a damp brick wall and could start to feel the moisture seeping through the fabric of his coat, much to his distraught. A shuffling sound came from behind a nearby barrel, and Avigo detached his gaze from a spider he had been watching spin a web to glare at the source of the noise. Behind it he knew, was one of his crew members. While Aneira had gone off to fetch the privateers, the Captain had hidden the crew members behind crates and barrels to ambush the drunks. As soon as he gave the signal, they would attack. Turning his attention back to the spider who was now trying to make a web off his boot, Avigo softly whispered to his men in hiding. "Now lets review... When I utter the word "Now", you will spring out from your places, 'opefully catching those silly buffoons off guard. Under no circumstances can any of them die. The last thing we need is a bounty on our 'eads. Oh, and if you can 'elp it, try not to spill any blood. It makes the costume all the more convincing. I 'eard a smart jab to the jaw works quite well..." Just as he was about to continue, the Captain was cut off by what sounded like a pack of hyenas. A tell-tale sign of the drunken men's arrival. As the noise got closer, individual voices could be picked out, and none of them were very pleasant. "Speak of the devil, 'ere they come, and not a moment too soon..." He whispered, a hint of annoyance in his tone.

As they rounded a corner, the leader of the group to a sudden stop, realizing that they had come to a dead end. As the commander swayed back and forth, struggling to keep his balance, his followers, in their drunken state, had not seen him stop. It was comical site, really. A group of grown men, privateers no less, on the ground in a heap, giggling like school girls. After a long moment of nonstop, drunken laughter, they managed to get back on their feet, one of them nearly knocking over a barrel that hid one of the crewmen. "Veeee musshht finnnd teeeh pissshrate annnsh compeeeat teh mishuuuun!" One of them yelled, pulling his sword from it's hilt and raising it above his head, nearly lobbing of one of his comrade's head in the process. "Yeeeesh!" they all shouted in agreement. "Keel heeeeem!" After the shouting subsided, they remained standing there with their weapons drawn with dumbfounded expressions, none of them not knowing what to do from there. "Weeeell?!" one of them bellowed out "Were ish heeeee?!" No sooner had he asked the question, he got the answer.

Out from the shadows slowly stepped a young man dressed in a Scarlet Dread captain uniform, his arms raised above his head. His hat tipped down so that they could only see his mouth. The group of seamen stared blankly at the sight, not quite sure what to say. They had been expecting a stereotypical pirate with a peg-leg or a hook, or someone at least a little more threatening. "Bra-vo, gentlemen." The pirate said in a congratulating manner "You are quite a force to be reckoned with." "Drop yer weapunshs!" The leader yelled, trying hard to keep his sword pointed at the threat. "I didn't even stand a chance." Avigo continued on, pulling his pistol and sword from their respective sheath and holster before lazily letting them drop from his hand onto the cobblestone pavement with a clatter. "You must be very well trained in your line of work to be able to catch m-" "And yeeer bag too!" One of them cut in. "Very well. No need to loose your head..." The captain said with venom in his voice. Gingerly, he unslung the leather strap from his shoulder and carefully placed the bag on the ground. As soon as it touched the ground, it was snatched up by one of the men. As he rooted through it, he found a bottle of strong brandy and helped himself, tossing the bag aside. "Though I can't say they trained you in manners..." Avigo said with annoyance.

"Quiet, yerrr!" The leader roared "wesh avft to be veeeery carefuuul with yer kind!" "My kind?" "Yeesh, yer kind!" He took a step towards the Captain in attempt to frighten him, but only managed to make himself look smaller in comparison. "Yer a Shhharlet Dread captuun. We ave orduurs fruum teh land of Luuke to keel yer on sight. Geeet a miiighty large reward if wesh briing back yer head to teh Duuuke." "Is... that so?..." The captain murmured, the fowl stench of the privateer's breath was giving him a headache. "So yer'll understand if weh don't wanna make any mishtakes, eh capt'n? So... Lesh make this quick..." Taking his sword away from Avigo's throat, the Privateer brandished a pistol that could of been put on display at at an art gallery and pointed it at the pirate's forehead. "Remembuur, Capt'n; "No mishtakes"."

The rest of the privateers stood back and watched, some of them even cheered their commander on. Still staring down into the glazed-over eyes of their leader with a annoyed expression, Avigo reached into a hidden pocket in his coat a produced a damp, checkered handkerchief. Making sure that the Privateer saw it, he then let it flutter to the ground. The commander's eyes suspiciously shifted from Avigo to the piece of cloth at his feet. The bait was too irresistible. After all, he did promise there would be no mistakes. Why falter now while he had the upper-hand? Slowly, the man knelt down on one knee to pick up the handkerchief, the gun still shakily trained on the Captain's head. Holding the cloth up to eye level, it was obvious that gears (well in need of an oiling) were turning inside the man's head while he tried to figure out why the the handkerchief was wet. Looking up at Avigo with a bewildered expression, he asked "Wat ish this?" Looking down at the man before him, a thin smile spread across Avigo's face, and his eyes narrowed.

"A mistake."

Before any of the uniformed men could comprehend what was going on, Avigo had smashed the leader's hand into his own face, smothering him with the rag he held. At that moment, the commander sobered up just enough enough to realize why the rag had been wet. It had been soaked with chloroform. Coming to that realization, his eyes rolled up into the back of his head and he passed out. Grabbing the now unconscious man by the collar, Avigo threw him into his comrades, knocking them off balance. "Now!" The Captain shouted, ducking to the ground to retrieve his equipment.

Objectives
-Take out the Privateers.

Mon May 25, 2009 10:11 pm
Site Admin

Captain Avigo walked casually from the shadows, Aneira sighed inwardly, relieved that she had visible help, though it was not that she could trust a pirate. As the rowdy crew spoke to the captain, she slowly walked back away from the front of the crowd. None of the other sailors noticing or bothering to mention her leaving. She heard the click of a pistol locked and readied to be fired, the sailors gasped collectively, and then there was a thump" and a cry of drunken outrage.

"Now!" she heard the captain call. Aneira smiled wickedly, remembering the captain's heeding although it was very tempting to kill them for their foolishness. The air around herself rapidly grew colder, her breath visible as she breathed, and a chilling wind blew through the alley, robbing the sailors of warmth, as the air weaved through and around them. One of the sailors must have been acquainted with mages for he turned and stared directly at her as it grew colder.

"I suppose you're not drunk enough" she said calmly with a smile. The sailor, lumbered towards her in a drunken rage with his sword gleaming in the air as he attempted to yell, which distinctly sounded like gargling. He swung slowly downwards with the sword and she easily sidestepped out of the way. She placed her fingers softly on the man's head, and his sword clattered to the ground and he grasped his head in pain.

"Ugh Ugh Bwwaaain Frbreezze!" the man exclaimed before falling to the ground unconscious. Aneira nodded to herself, pleased with her work. She turned to the opened end of the alley with both of her hands raised. Frost crept along the walls. Aneira brought her hands together palm to palm and ice began to extend from both walls coming together in the middle, effectively sealing the entrance of the alley with a thin layer of ice.

She turned her attention back the privateers. Aneira brought her closed fists together one on top of the other and pulled them away from each other slowly. A staff of ice grew between the span and soon enough she had a full staff. She twirled it above her head ready to strike again.

Tue May 26, 2009 5:50 am

O.O.C: Sorry... :sweat: My brain's been on the fritz because we're moving on Friday, and I have had to stay up late to work on homework and housework, thus I haven't had time for the computer, and when I do, I'm tired (because it's usually very late). Please excuse me...

Tue May 26, 2009 11:59 am

Raleigh listened intently as Avigo made his speech. He was relieved to hear that he would not have to kill any of the men. He sat crouched inside the barrel that concealed him, waiting for the cue to strike. His position had almost been compromised as what he suspected was one of the drunkards nearly knocked over his hiding place.

At the cry of "Now!", Raleigh sprung from the barrel and quickly engaged one of the privateers in close combat. Not wanting to play all of his cards too soon, Raleigh drew his knife in an attempt to disarm the man without doing any major harm. The buffoon, still giddy with intoxication, blatantly babbled out insults as the fight progressed. Raleigh soon became aware of a chill in the air, obviously the work of Aneira.

"Yeeee baaachsshtabbing shcumbaags! I'll sheee to eet dat juur all takeen to se gallooows!" The scoundrel cried as Raleigh parried yet another of his blows. Seeing an openning, Raleigh swiftly locked his knife with the man's cutlass, sweeping his foot around the man's hind leg and felling him. He then quickly restrained him with a rope before lifting a dusty rag from the ground and shoving it into his mouth.
"You talk too much." He said brusquely as he joined the rest of the battle.

Tue May 26, 2009 4:54 pm

Currently Playing: The Game
A shame that he would not be able to kill any of them Jong thought as the Captain reminded them. Well it was generally a good idea to not kill. Jong was on his horse by the time the Captain had smothered the drunk privateer with a rag, probably soaked in chloroform. He issued the attack order quite swiftly after that. Atop his mount he saw Aneira cutting off the only way out of the alley with ice. So she was an ice mage. A sailor, most likely one that had taken notice of a man above the rest of the crowd ran to challenge him. Charging from the from, Jong almost put a bayonet through the man if he had not remembered the order and so instead of cold steel, the idiot was met with a face full of buttstock. It could easily have broken his nose so it was no surprise that the man was out cold. Binky wasn't exactly calm in such a confined space with scuffle nearby and Jong had the sense to use his horse's itching to rear up against the next fool to come out in to plain sight of a mounted man.

Wed May 27, 2009 8:31 am

Currently Playing: Team Fortress 2, Osu!, FTL, Cortex Command, Hearthstone
OOC: Aw, no... we're going NOW?
Screw it. I have school, portfolios, and graduation to deal with. I'll post later.
You have horrible timing Zesper. AND this RP goes as slow as molasses.

Eh, no offence, really.

Fri May 29, 2009 7:18 pm

Aiolos braced himself for Avigo's signal. He breathed deeply and as slowly as he could, until the Captain appeared and shouted "Now!" He bolted forward, drawing his sword and holding it so the blade was along his arm. It was a clumsy style, him brandishing the hilt of the sword with a rigid arm, but against drunken fools it worked perfectly. He had bashed a few heads when he paused to crack his neck and observe his surroundings. The privateers were pathetic.

At the moment another charged for him, leaning forward to headbutt Aiolos in the stomach; though he tripped on his own dizziness and Aiolos drove a knee hard into the sailor's corpulent belly. This in turn earned Aiolos puke on his boots, which he sighed off before returning to his business of cracking skulls.

Fri May 29, 2009 10:19 pm
Site Moderator

Throw he thought, and the wheel came spinning towards a unlucky privateer. However, he focused on another, and in a somewhat lazy movement, brought his staff down on him. Ah, a two down, the others to go.

Sat May 30, 2009 12:33 am
 [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next