The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 7:51 pm

[ 3 posts ] 
SSF2 10th Anniversary. Community Videos (in development) 

MGN Username: X-blaster
Currently Playing: SSF2 Beta; Crusade; BrawlHalla; Pokémon Type Wild
Waifu: LAG
Hi guys, It's me Blaster :tails:
SSF2 is going to be 10 years old since the 1st Demo release in Christmas 2007, and I wanted to make a community vídeo showcasing the changes it have from Demo 0.1a to Beta 1.0.3.1:

8 vídeos showcasing the changes SSF2 recived each year, including Characters Combos from the Community, and old demos reviews...

The 1st vídeo Will be about versions 0.1 and 0.2, and the replays must include combos of :mario: :kirby: :ichigo: & :lloyd: (I'll accept both Video Clips & Replays, and you can let Your name alongside the File)

I hope you can help me with great combos in this tribute to Super Smash Flash 2 ;)

Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:52 pm

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Okay, very passionate idea I think it would be cool. But there's three major problem with making combo videos of older demos.

1) Game-speed of older demos is literally slower than anything you could imagine in a fighter.

2) True amounts of hit-stun don't become significant enough for combos until 0.6; and even then, most moves have Brawl amounts of hit-stun.

3) Advance movements/techs don't begin to shine until 0.7.

Also, before v0.9b, There was no replay system. You have to raw record everything and hope to pull off something cool and not miss it, which again, less hit-stun = less combo variety. Making impressive gameplay for demos that are pre-0.7 is not just difficult, it's difficult.

I think you could do a lot more by going through each demo, showing gameplay of each up to Beta in one video would great. It's pretty mindblowing how this small game went from barely even the basic movement options to game-speed that flows similar to Melee. It's a remind of how much SSF2 has grown and much more than just a simple fangame; it grown into creating its own purpose.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Last edited by Z A L O on Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:19 pm

MGN Username: X-blaster
Currently Playing: SSF2 Beta; Crusade; BrawlHalla; Pokémon Type Wild
Waifu: LAG
maybe I didn't express myself properly...

I'll be the one who will make a review from most demos, showing how characters evolved...

(anyways, maybe I wont make more than just a single video, since the time is my bigger problem when it's about YouTube)

Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:05 am
 [ 3 posts ]