The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 3:45 am

[ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Your Best Competitive Moments 

MGN Username: Yoshiblaze
Currently Playing: Pokemon Ultra Sun, Kid Icarus: Uprising
HI GUYS!
You're probably wondering what the title of this thread means. Well, I want you guys to share your best moments and/or tournament memories in SSF2!

I already know I have a couple, so I'm interested in hearing your best moments!

Oh, and just a personal preference, If you can put a date or name of the tournament, that would be great. But you don't have to. :)

All stories will be linked below for easy access

Stories: show
Yoshiblaze (Me)- HYPE! Royale 3 - BREAKOUT Performance viewtopic.php?f=95&t=42089&start=1
CSWooly- Sora dittos - A HILARIOUS 0-Death viewtopic.php?f=95&t=42089&start=2 COMEBACK CITY IS HERE viewtopic.php?f=95&t=42089&start=25
Praeto Potato- *Currently Unknown tourney* - The Hitman viewtopic.php?f=95&t=42089&start=4
Doqk - Jammy's Weeklies IV - Top 3! :D viewtopic.php?f=95&t=42089&start=6
Gosick - Smash Island V - New Character? No Problem! viewtopic.php?f=95&t=42089&start=8
Spidr - Smash Island V - Failure Motivates Me viewtopic.php?f=95&t=42089&start=10 The doqk Gets Prescribed A Comeback viewtopic.php?f=95&t=42089&start=17
tW|Sorabotics - USA vs Europe - Just Peachy! viewtopic.php?f=95&t=42089&start=11 Comeback City, Next Turn Right viewtopic.php?f=95&t=42089&start=19
Chaunch - Tourney Stream - Operation: End the Stream viewtopic.php?f=95&t=42089&start=12 Smash Island XV - The Best way to get into Losers Finals viewtopic.php?f=95&t=42089&start=22
Kyoz - Stream - Legend Killer viewtopic.php?f=95&t=42089&start=15
LilMac - *insert name* - MUAHAHAHAH viewtopic.php?f=95&t=42089&start=21
SilverEvil - Hypest June 13th 2014 - Underdog viewtopic.php?f=95&t=42089&start=24
TacThree - Indiana SSF2 Tournament - Wreck the Competition, Win the Tour, Have Some Fun viewtopic.php?f=95&t=42089&start=27

Sm4sh Main: :pit:
Brawl Main: :kirby:
Melee Main: Image
Fav Video Game Character: :yoshi:

Click to expand thumbnail

Thunder Edge Staff Member: Head Tournament Organizer (when Thunder Edge existed)

Last edited by Yoshiblaze on Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:40 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:44 am

Here's mine as an example:
Moment: HYPE! Royale 3 - Teams Tournament.

Introduction-
Bowler and I decided to enter the third HYPE! Royale Teams Tournament. There was definitely a bit of pressure on us, since our last endeavor in HR2 did not go well AT ALL. Since Bowler and I were the 2nd seed in the tournament, we got a first round bye. A WHOLE lot of confusion later, and our match starts vs Titan MG and RedPoonda. I go HAM. I don't consider myself that good of a player, (In fact, I thought I was by far the weakest link in my team) but something inside of me clicked on, and we get a pretty decent 2-0 victory. Next round, vs the Team of SenpaiCry and Turnabout. Not much to say here but we got another 2-0 victory.

Part 2: A Chance at The Big One
Now for the BIG one. In the next round, Bowler and I face the team of Miracle--7 and KYOZ. You could imagine that I was scared, especially since Kyoz didn't underestimate us and instead went full on ZSS. Lucky for us, M7 was AFK, so it was Bowler and I vs Kyoz. As if that made it easier. OMG Game .1 We of course struggle quite a bit, I mean, it's Kyoz. Bowler goes down. So now it's me vs Kyoz. He had 2 stocks, I had 1. He's ZSS, and I'm KIRBY. We all know that ZSS pretty much destroys Kirby. Now, we're both at high percent, he still has two stocks and I still have one.... And I take his stock with an FSmash! I have a chance now. I can't believe it, but we had a chance. I get sent offstage. Very scary position as he can just freely go for DAir spikes or risky UAirs. That's when it happens. He grabs the ledge. I use Up-B but I miss the ledge... I didn't miss Kyoz though! He goes straight down, and I pull through for my team. I was ECSTATIC, and so was Bowler. Kyoz still won the set 3-1, but it was hands down one of the best sets I've ever played.

Part 3: Even Bigger
That was Winners Finals, so we were kicked to Losers Finals to face tLord. He was AFK for too long, so we caught a break. So now we face Kyoz once more... except he has backup now. And that backup is CHAOS0. A ridiculously smart player and the only person so far to win two Thunder Edges, which is the tournament series I run. Oh, and he plays Lloyd and ZSS . Game 1, we lose. But then Game 2 happens. It is extremely close. Then, I'm faced with a 2v1 situation. If I remember correctly, Chaos had 1 stock, and Kyoz also had 1. I had 1. Double ZSS. It's like my dream to face a top player, wrapped in a nightmare... and I won. Chaos SDed his last stock, thanks to a greedy DAir spike chance. It took a lot of SDIing, and lots of luck, and LOTS of evasion, but I won, hitting Kyoz with an Up Smash... oh yeah, did I mention that I was Kirby? I will never forget that. Again I was ECSTATIC. We did lose the Grand Finals set 1-3 but, it was truly amazing.
To think that, at least for one day, I could hold my own against the best of the best. It was definitely my best moment.

Oh, and as an added bonus, that is currently my highest finish in a tournament, at 2nd place

I will post the bracket and the replays below.

Attachments:
Chaos0 teams 2.ssfrec [12.07 KiB]
Downloaded 73 times
Kyoz teams 1.ssfrec [6.27 KiB]
Downloaded 80 times

Thunder Edge Staff Member: Head Tournament Organizer (when Thunder Edge existed)
Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:20 am
BR Member

MGN Username: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
So, I was playing Sora dittos with Savy,eh? because I wanted to see how a Sora main played Sora properly.

So, I start the match, somehow go super saiyan and start a combo that ends in a 0-death. I take a stock both to my and my opponent's (probable) surprise.

However, I then misinput an Up-B instead of a Sode-B and end up falling to my death. We both laughed pretty hard after this.

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber

Mains: :lucario: :simon:

Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:30 am

Yoshi'sWoolyWorld wrote:
So, I was playing Sora dittos with Savy,eh? because I wanted to see how a Sora main played Sora properly.

So, I start the match, somehow go super saiyan and start a combo that ends in a 0-death. I take a stock both to my and my opponent's (probable) surprise.

However, I then misinput an Up-B instead of a Sode-B and end up falling to my death. We both laughed pretty hard after this.

LOL that's a good one Wooly XD

Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:20 am

MGN Username: P12323
Currently Playing: Pokemon Showdown
When I 2-0'd IronH and Jammy in a row in Hypest. It felt good.....Unfortunately, Kyoz stopped my streak... :c

Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:30 am

Praeto Potato wrote:
When I 2-0'd IronH and Jammy in a row in Hypest. It felt good.....Unfortunately, Kyoz stopped my streak... :c
[ Image ]

0_0

Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:40 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Doq
Currently Playing: one of thousands of variations of Solitaire
Waifu: Es
When I was in my prime I got 3rd at Jammy's Weeklies IV. To much disappointment I lost to Sorabotics in Winners Finals after our last meeting I 2-0'd him (Smash Island VI). I was then shut out by at the time the only better Zelda player than me (Zalozis).

Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:28 pm
YIM WWW

Doqtor Kirby wrote:
When I was in my prime I got 3rd at Jammy's Weeklies IV. To much disappointment I lost to Sorabotics in Winners Finals after our last meeting I 2-0'd him (Smash Island VI). I was then shut out by at the time the only better Zelda player than me (Zalozis).

Cool

When I saw that you psoted, I half-expected you to jokingly say when you 2-0 in two tourneys without using your main XD

Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:33 pm

MGN Username: ohgosick
Currently Playing: Anything not called 'Undertale'.
Waifu: ur mum lmao
I came 2nd in a tournament using a character I'd only just picked up the night before, using only dash attacks, grabs and sideb

http://mcleodgaming.wikia.com/wiki/Smash_Island_V

The Americans came in and burned my village with their flaming uppercuts,
killing our water buffalo and leaving this scar on my chest...

Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:42 pm

Gosick wrote:
I came 2nd in a tournament using a character I'd only just picked up the night before, using only dash attacks, grabs and sideb

http://mcleodgaming.wikia.com/wiki/Smash_Island_V

LOL, I WISH could do that XD

Last edited by Yoshiblaze on Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:00 pm

MGN Username: Game-spidr
Currently Playing: Russian Roulette
Waifu: Spiders
When i got last at SI five i think it motivated me to get better

Ichigo combo video
YouTube Video:

Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:02 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Sorabotics
Currently Playing: SSBM and SSF2
When we had the USA vs Europe crew battle, I was sent in vs someone (don't remember), and I won with 2 stocks remaining. Then they decided to send in Gosick, who had been trying to overthrow me as the best Peach, so there was a lot of hype since most people thought this would determine who was the best peach (it doesn't fully determine that, but whatever). I ended up taking all four of his stocks and only lost one of mine, and the chat blew up with me being confirmed best Peach. It was a really cool moment!

Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:20 am

MGN Username: Chaunch
Don't know if this is competitive, but one time, doqk was streaming a tourney and there were no replays to stream at the time.
So we thought it would be a good idea to 1v1 dong dittos.
After I take 2-3 stocks and he took none, he said he'll end the stream if he gets 4 stocked.
He really did end the stream. :donkeykong: :donkeykong: :donkeykong: :donkeykong:

Stream came back on though.

Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:58 am

MGN Username: ohgosick
Currently Playing: Anything not called 'Undertale'.
Waifu: ur mum lmao
I still hate you sorab <3

The Americans came in and burned my village with their flaming uppercuts,
killing our water buffalo and leaving this scar on my chest...

Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:59 am

MGN Username: Ninjawarrior93
Currently Playing: SSF2
Gosick wrote:
I still hate you sorab <3

I feel you.

Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:00 am
 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next