The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 8:51 pm

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
[MP] Devil May Cry 

MGN Username: Nixter
Currently Playing: Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
VamanosPest wrote:
i hate this game because it calls my horny lord a big, fat cry baby

Oh, so you're a Satanist?

Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:03 pm

Ramsey, I hope you realize that you're probably the only person in this entire forum that cares about Dante changing his hair color, right? Also, I would like to ask why you say the old Dante is emo. And the "Fill your soul with liiiiiiiiiight" part of the first game doesn't count, first he actually had a reason to be sad there and second cause he took that sorrow and turned it into an undying hatred that motivated him to kill Mundus.

That being said: I have no major problems with the reboot. If anything it'll probably be more like the second game, just with a style system and Dante having an actual personality. Thats my stand on it. What I don't like is that the new Dante looks like Tameem (I think thats his name? The head developer at Ninja Theory). I just don't see why he decided to put himself in the game, like really.

Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:20 pm

Waifu: I'm married
Nixter wrote:
VamanosPest wrote:

satanic pagan viking atheist

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:45 pm
YIM WWW

MGN Username: Nixter
Currently Playing: Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
I'm the second half. C:

Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:18 pm

VamanosPest wrote:
Nixter wrote:
VamanosPest wrote:

Oh dear god so many words I hold back for the sake of being a nice person sometimes...

Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:41 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: FFXIV
Waifu: you get ONE guess
Say them.
Not like anyone will care, it's the internet.

Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:44 pm
Site Moderator

Waifu: Trollbean
Ramsey wrote:
I don't know if you've seen the gameplay for DMC or not, but it is absolutely gorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous. It kills me that fans like you, and many others are so quick to call all of the work garbage because of ~a changed hair color~ among other changes.

DmC is gonna be s***, and it has nothing to do with his appearance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1P__R1IvkY&t=1m10s

That is the kind of character that I would shoot at the first opportunity in any game. It isn't Dante. Dante was a CUHRAZY bastard, this is just some douchebag tryhard Eminem fan

OT: The character progression in this series is amazing. First there's Dante, then there's a guy who looks like Dante but he isn't Dante, and then there's a guy who doesn't look like Dante but he's Dante

VamanosPest wrote:

mah man

Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:44 pm
Site Moderator

Waifu: ElvisDitto
So, to change topic a wee bit for a sec; Does anyone know how to fix the audio desynch in DMC HD Collection?

(you can now tweet mean things at me on Twitter @StevenEggplant)

Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:47 am

Waifu: I'm married
Nextoy wrote:
VamanosPest wrote:
Nixter wrote:
VamanosPest wrote:

Oh dear god so many words I hold back for the sake of being a nice person sometimes...

oh and i worship the sun too

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:37 pm
YIM WWW
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
At least TRY to stay on topic, wouldja?

Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:37 pm

Quote:
Capcom's first-ever Gamescom press conference got off to a good start as Devil May Cry's producer Alex Jones confirmed that Ninja Theory's DmC reboot will prominently feature at least one character from Devil May Cry games past: Vergil, Dante's twin brother.
He looks like a slightly older, blonder (or grey-haired?) Dante, and in this game he's the head of the Order, a sci-fi demon-fighting organisation. They've been estranged since they were children, but Vergil recruits Dante to the cause during the game.

Capcom also showed off a brand new gravity-bending section of gameplay, showing Dante confronting a demon who secretly controls the world news agenda as the world bends and shifts around him. (In DmC, the demons are a pernicious controlling influence a lot of our world media - here, Dante was running through a pastiche of a certain notorious North American television news outlet.)

Vergil (image is large so I put it in a link)
http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg ... s-copy.jpg

DmC Vergil trailer
YouTube Video:

Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:52 am

Ramsey wrote:

[box=rant]
[/rant].

That's all quite an argument right there, here is my counterpoint;

Sans the display of the combat, this does not look nor does it feel like a Devil May Cry game to me. You call out Dante's original character design? It's stylistic. It's flamboyant. It's over the top, it's in your face. And that get up, however silly it is when you get down to it, was a lot more aesthetically pleasing than this new guy's look. Not only that, but it was what identified Dante, it honestly was a part of his character and game design, and it feels like something that was stripped away.

I could go on on other story points and changes that are pissing me off, but my pad doesn't have a keyboard, so it'll have to wait til I'm on my PC >,<

This new Vergil trailer only manages to poss me off more. Dante and Vergil put on the same side? Sci FI organization? A plot that looks reminiscent of "They Live" ( Great.movie but seriously?!)

Here's my question to the defenders of this reboot- If they are going so far out of their way to change EVERYTHING about the Devil May Cry series, the look, the ascetic, the story elements, the relationships... Than why the hell is this a Devil May Cry game?

You could literally just change the title. Keep all the names the same, keep all the Divine Comedy references in place, and this would be a good looking game. It is because it feels like such a shallow use of the name of a great franchise that it earns my anger

Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:21 am
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
ITS A REBOOT

Same thing with tomb raider 2013! It's a different take on the game. Same character in essence, looks a lot different, but it's a tomb raider game. At least they kept the gameplay the same/incredibly similar. You aren't supposed to compare a reboot to previous versions of the game. It defeats the purpose.

Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:06 am

Ramsey wrote:
ITS A REBOOT

Same thing with tomb raider 2013! It's a different take on the game. Same character in essence, looks a lot different, but it's a tomb raider game. At least they kept the gameplay the same/incredibly similar. You aren't supposed to compare a reboot to previous versions of the game. It defeats the purpose.

This is why 90% of my problems with the game is more about the dev than the game itself. Besides, when they revealed Vergil's role in the game some of its potential returned.

Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:21 am

Currently Playing: UNIST
Too bad Vergil looks more like a generic actor than Vergil. That look just doesn't click when it comes to Vergil in my opinion.

Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:48 am
YIM
 [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next