The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:18 pm

[ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
MOON_DREAM [Insert comment on crappy name] 

So last night, I had an insurgence of crazy new ideas, I think I must have been in a simulated high, because it got really crazy.
So basically, the world hasn't moved on from this same state for the last fifty years, but one new important technological breakthrough was accomplished. The creation of the Dream Chip. The dream chip created an entirely new, fantastic fantasy world. Every person went through their normal lives during the day, but once they went to sleep, they all entered the same dream world, and went through secondary lives, where they could be whatever they wished. However, dream related deaths began to rise and become more common as more and more people participated. If people died in the world, they died in the real world as well, and visa-versa.
However, some people have grown too powerful in this world, and it needed to be moderated by a select few individuals. Forming a small group, they called themselves the Lord's Angels, as they protected the people in the world. Soon, the Lord's Angels grew too strong themselves, and began to control the world. However, all is not well inside the group itself, and as dark forces approach the world, It seems like they're all in for a world of pain...

And Blah Blah Blah, all the basic crap. Not much though was into it really though, story is kinda weak itself. I spent most of the time on how it'll all work together.

What I was planning was having a couple groups set up, with people separated into them. Been done before, but I've never tried it.
- one person is put under training of some legendary warrior
- two people as guards of some noble
and the rest start off around one another, or spread near the other two groups.
I was maybe thinking of having one person within the Angels, but I'm still not too sure.
Not too much info will be given about those 'dark forces', to keep the story spoiler-free, or something like that. Some minions might appear and act friendly or not, depending on the situations given.

I'm not planning on spending much on the NPCs, as most don't have a significant effect on the story. I'll give basic details really.

Name: Woo
IRL: Some old Asian guy on life support
Acts as the stereotypical 'old master' of one character. Wields a rather long two-hander with one hand. In possesion of the of teh rare items. A cape made completely of feathers, which scans the biorhythms of the wearer's body and creates super coolio afterimages. It is constantly shedding feathers with every slight movement, with new feathers growing in to replace the old ones very quickly.

Name: Bezaleel
IRL: Unknown
Head of the Lord's Angels. His name is derived of the Hebrew words for Onion and God, mostly because those who've seen him have smelt the faint scent of onions. He's a pretty big prick, listening to only what the higher angels say. He completely treats others like dirt, even if they are of the same social standing. He is said to actually have wings.

Name: Acantha
IRL: Unknown/most likely artificial code in the chips
The b**** daughter of a high noble associated with the Angels. Has immense power over the lowest ranking angels, though doesn't care to use it for anything resourceful. She constantly travels the dreamworld with the one guard unluckly enough to be stuck with the job. Has the amazingly useless Cup of the Angels.
-----
(and yes, this next one is completely serious)
Name: Auughan Diffjis
IRL: Unnamed official
The greatest warrior in the dream world. He was thought to be the one who created the world, but that rumor has since been debunked. Originally starting as the head angel, he left when they became corrupt as Bezaleel rose up in the ranks. However, his strength is so mighty, he is feared by all, even the angels themselves.

Name: Ollk
IRL: A disgruntled college senior
An angry man who originally joined in a group of saboteurs to destroy the world's dependence on the chip by deleting the main service system. He was caught, cursed to take a werewolf form in the dream world and was hunted down in reality, where he was injected with a serum which had him contract insomnia, making sure he'd leave the world for good. He has been seen recently around the world, as if the insomnia wore off.

the rest will start around each other, like a normal RP.

I actually want to use character sheets less in this, so the basic things you most likely would put would be the name, real life occupation, and what they are. I strongly insist you choose something a little less overused than a swordsman or mage, and maybe try out something like a merchant. Though you don't have to really listen to me.
Also, there are chances for a character to become higher rank; as in a noble, legendary warrior, or even one of the Lord's Angels. Though it might be harder to become an Angel than a legendary warrior.

Also, I'll gladly take ideas from anyone about the RP.

BIO
Name:
IRL: Any information you find important. Job, age, race, whatever.
After that just write some stuff about the character as I did for the NPCs. State their job or class, if they're some hybrid crap, how they act, etc.

A young boy who 'strives to save the world from the dark evils of time'. He enjoys to brag about his skills, even though he has few and can barely hold a weapon correctly. He calls himself a warrior, but he is little more than a kid dragged into a huge conflict larger than his understanding.

Green Mage
Name: Kell
IRL: A normal high school student who's lazy, but active enough to keep grades up at least.
A drowsy merchant with a fine skill of hitting things with a mace or any blunt object. He does try to stay out trouble for fear of death, though it usually just finds him. Doesn't give himself too much credit for anything. Ignore this next sentence if you like, just going on a short roll. Due to a unfortunate mishap, he somehow managed to find himself as the sla- bodyguard for Acantha, though he never speaks up for that.

Claus
Name: Keith
IRL: A runaway from an Ancient City, but is developing in a 21st Century city.
Has a spirit that talks and aids him on his quest, Aishka. Keith is Half-Human, Half-Chimera, and usually finds himself in trouble by the Head Chimera. He weilds a Briquet Sabre, and he is really slick and fast while brawling with his sword. Other than that, he tries to settle in populated cities, but often leaves to go on journeys.

Kiki
IRL: Alice Turner. In real life Alice is a quiet studious student, who's main priority in school is to do well. She does this quite easily and is usually has the top grade in her classes. Alice has trouble making friends. She usually sits alone at lunch in the far corner of the school playground, while she watches everyone else have fun. Any people that she does meet usually end up trying to use her for her intelligence which is why she usually shuns other people.
Dream Personality: In the dream world Alice is no longer frail and studious. She is a calculating fighter, and a member of a rogue group simply known as the Fallen Angels. It is a group of people who are also angel in appearance though nowhere near endowed the same strength as the Lord's Angels ,as it was something they imagined themselves. The sole purpose of this group is to bring down the Lord's Angels because they believe that world should be governed by no one, especially not the Lord's Angels. Her wings are pale blue and resemble those of an owl's.

Green Mage
Name: Marcus
IRL: Unknown, probably just a average joe.

An archer, nothing much of note, though he acts as a adventurer, and always has a arrow handy, even with his bow.

Last edited by A Cat on Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:29 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Sat May 30, 2009 8:21 pm

yeah but your brain is built to immediately wake up a split second before your dream-death
also it's vice-versa, wtf is visa

Sat May 30, 2009 11:33 pm

Not Sayonara wrote:
yeah but your brain is built to immediately wake up a split second before your dream-death

I never took the scientific facts into account, I just thought this up randomly.

Not Sayonara wrote:
also it's vice-versa, wtf is visa

I wrote half of this while I was still partly asleep, which pertains to the error.

Sat May 30, 2009 11:50 pm
Legendary Ghost

Location: Where angels fear to tread, and man is but a cautionary tale.
seems like a nice idea whimy.

<3

i may join

Sun May 31, 2009 12:12 am
Site Moderator

Ya, but man, you can't wake up in your bed, but still be dead. Or you can't wake up dead, because you're already dead when you in bed, dawg.

Jin wrote:
I support the bombing of Israel.

Sun May 31, 2009 12:42 am
Site Admin

It sounds interesting I will join this once you get whatever kinks you got smoothed out.

Sun May 31, 2009 1:02 am

Currently Playing: The Game
Whimskull wrote:
Not Sayonara wrote:

I never took the scientific facts into account, I just thought this up randomly.

Wouldn't they build a safety in so that before you die, the chip wakes you up? That would save so many lives.

Sun May 31, 2009 5:49 am

Thaiberium wrote:
Whimskull wrote:
Not Sayonara wrote:

Wouldn't they build a safety in so that before you die, the chip wakes you up? That would save so many lives.

Unfortunately, not every person has the common sense needed in life.
The scientist who created the chip released it a couple months ahead of schedule, resulting in a small number of features that weren't implemented.

Sun May 31, 2009 4:00 pm

Whimskull wrote:
Thaiberium wrote:
Whimskull wrote:
Not Sayonara wrote:

The scientist who created the chip released it a couple months ahead of schedule, resulting in a small number of features that weren't implemented.

So how does EVERYONE get into the dream world? does everyone have a chip?

Sun May 31, 2009 4:25 pm

Claus wrote:
Whimskull wrote:
Thaiberium wrote:
Whimskull wrote:
Not Sayonara wrote:

So how does EVERYONE get into the dream world? does everyone have a chip?

People who get the chip implanted.

Sun May 31, 2009 4:55 pm

Updated main post.

Sun May 31, 2009 9:33 pm

Currently Playing: The Game
Whimskull wrote:
Thaiberium wrote:
Whimskull wrote:
Not Sayonara wrote:

Can I be the evil business man who sells hacked chips with safeties for obscene prices?

Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:42 am

Can I be Woo's Apprentice?

Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:14 pm

Thaiberium wrote:
Whimskull wrote:
Thaiberium wrote:
Whimskull wrote:
Not Sayonara wrote:

Can I be the evil business man who sells hacked chips with safeties for obscene prices?

I'm not limiting character creativity.
Be whoever the hell you want.

Claus wrote:
Can I be Woo's Apprentice?

If you are chosen through randomized selection, then yes.

Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:45 pm

Blarg, updates.

Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:43 pm
 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next