The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 5:34 pm

[ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Whaku's gallery 

MGN Username: Whaku
After being tutored by Qui, I made a better PA (sword hilt done by Qui):
True PA: show

My first stage created: SSBB's Bridge of Eldin (it's not complete yet)

---------------------------------------------------------
Here is a Kirby/Sonic idle edit I made:
(First time editing sprites and animating. I don't know why the picture size is so big...)

4x

Animated using Adobe Illustrator :O_o: (Yeah, I know, weird choice of an animator but these government laptops don't run programs that are not installed on the laptop.)

And here's a drawing of Knuckles I did on Paint (its not traced >_>)
Knuckles PA: show

Comments and critics please. (So I can improve on my sprite works, and I know that the shading is a bit off in the Kirby edit.)

Last edited by Whaku on Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:08 am, edited 12 times in total.

Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:24 pm

MGN Username: Tid
Currently Playing: Deep™ The™ Game™
Hahaha, I love the Sonikirby sprite so much.

Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:05 pm

Currently Playing: Jump Ultimate Stars, inFamuos,WipeOut HD, StH(1-3&K)
Right there with yah, it's just awesome.
The Knux drawing has a little too few shades of each colour, but I guess that's the best paint can do while still makeing it look natural.

Main Site: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/

My fan list: show
Whimzer,
The Grand Finale,
Xbuster717,
simi1022,
Jayson6767,
ßØþþ¥,
Dark Waluigi,
Blitz,
Someone Else,
Speedtrap

Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:05 pm
Site Moderator

Waifu: ElvisDitto
I'm really glad that that isn't Sonichu.

Anyway, the Knuckles Pixelart looks really good. You used the pixel art tutorial oevr at Mystery forest Zone?

(you can now tweet mean things at me on Twitter @StevenEggplant)

Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:22 am

BLTN wrote:
Right there with yah, it's just awesome.
The Knux drawing has a little too few shades of each colour, but I guess that's the best paint can do while still makeing it look natural.

Yeah, the Knuckles drawing has too less shades because when I tried adding more shades, it didn't turn out to good (look at the green cuffs on his shoes). So I left it simple and clean.

Damian wrote:
I'm really glad that that isn't Sonichu.

Anyway, the Knuckles Pixelart looks really good. You used the pixel art tutorial oevr at Mystery forest Zone?

Well, I didn't use any tutorials for the pixel art (but I did take one for sprite editing which was how to do a simple palette swap on Paint). When I was drawing Knuckles, I usually do a not-so-perfect sketch on the body part I was currently drawing. Then I would perfect the drawing and start working on some other part. For his fists, I used the shape tool to draw a perfect circle (as a guide) and then added detail to it, erasing the guide lines after I was done (I did the same to the shape of his chest). Also, notice that his dreadlocks are not curved like the one on the left. Plus his shoe size isn't exactly the same shape as the one on the left :/ I was going to colour him in last but ended up colouring him in as I go...

Go here if you want to see how I drew Knuckles (its a bit big...):
http://i39.tinypic.com/16gbrcz.png

Last edited by Whaku on Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:31 am

I really like that Sonikirby =] good job

Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:32 am

Currently Playing: Ball Breaker with your sister. it's a real game...
It looks soo...(dude translation) Awesome!!

Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:34 am

Update, did I improve my shading slightly? I'm not done drawing him tho :/

Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:30 am

MGN Username: Goombario64
Currently Playing: SSB4
All I can say is...wow. ;)

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Mains:
SSB4: Pika, Mario, and Yyyoshiii! I also enjoy Captain Falcon Dittos (who doesn't?!)
Pokkén Tournament:
Weavile, Pikachu-Libre, Shadow Mewtwo
Looking forward to playing as the Sandbag in SSF2. Time for some Revenge to be dished out.
~Formerly Goombario64~

Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:50 pm

I'm almost done drawing another version of Zero but I need to correct any mistakes/faulty details before I colour him in. So... comments and critiques? And maybe, if you can, help me by answering those 3 questions in the first post?

Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:57 am
BR Member

Currently Playing: Chaconne
Looks great. Most of the proportions are spot-on.

1. Make the index go further up and to the right into his hand, it will tighten his grip.
2. You've got a lot of options here. You can easily draw it straight on and then shear, resize, and clean up, but that might not give quite the effect you're going for, because his shoulder pad is angled slightly upward.
I'd suggest drawing "horizontal" (as in at the same angle as the bottom line of the front face of the shoulder pad) lines through the shoulder blade at the parts where the Z's top and bottom limits are. Then I'd draw the yellow object straight on somewhere else on your picture, then make it smaller horizontally by removing a couple vertical lines. Because the upward angle is really small, you can either leave it as is or remove/add one or two pixels from the top/bottom sections.
After that, it should be a lot easier to draw the curved lines on the other sections.
3. Paint doesn't have a rotate tool, does it? Because you could draw the ellipse and the shear it I suppose. There are no other easy ways though.

Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:41 am

Mega bump, finished my PA!
Whaku wrote:
I need advice! There are some issues I have drawing this unfinished Zero PA:
Big picture: show
[ Image ]

1. With Zero's right hand, I wanted the hand to be clenched but not clenched as in holding his Z-sabre so after a few failed attempts I got the fist to look decent but not perfect... Help? (View this link on how I drew it) http://i43.tinypic.com/iz97dg.png

2. The 'Z' on Zero's left shoulder was also a pain to do because I suck with perspective and it was the best I could create to my abilities. Anyone have any ideas on how to make it look more natural?

3. And finally, that elliptical green thing on his chest is a pain to draw, because it's not circular in shape ;-; Does anyone know how to easily draw an elliptical object in Paint @_@?

DJ Wizard Cop wrote:
Looks great. Most of the proportions are spot-on.

1. Make the index go further up and to the right into his hand, it will tighten his grip.
2. You've got a lot of options here. You can easily draw it straight on and then shear, resize, and clean up, but that might not give quite the effect you're going for, because his shoulder pad is angled slightly upward.
I'd suggest drawing "horizontal" (as in at the same angle as the bottom line of the front face of the shoulder pad) lines through the shoulder blade at the parts where the Z's top and bottom limits are. Then I'd draw the yellow object straight on somewhere else on your picture, then make it smaller horizontally by removing a couple vertical lines. Because the upward angle is really small, you can either leave it as is or remove/add one or two pixels from the top/bottom sections.
After that, it should be a lot easier to draw the curved lines on the other sections.
3. Paint doesn't have a rotate tool, does it? Because you could draw the ellipse and the shear it I suppose. There are no other easy ways though.

Alright, thanks a lot (and Paint unfortunately doesn't have a rotating tool D:) I've done what you suggested and it looks great now ^^

Now if only I could get some comments and critique on this 2 week project I'll be happy =/

Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:41 am

Left green orbs lineart needs some work, not very orb like. Left foot isn't nearly as pointy as the right, even with the angle. Other than that it basically looks traced =/ no offence.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:57 am

G0L3M wrote:
Left green orbs lineart needs some work, not very orb like. Left foot isn't nearly as pointy as the right, even with the angle. Other than that it basically looks traced =/ no offence.

Orb can't be done properly cause Paint doesn't have a rotating tool to make it elliptical and it does look traced because I would copy my outline of Zero and then paste it on top of the original (with the background set to transparent) and then I would correct any mistakes I made, resulting in a near-traced version of the original (also no offense taken xD). I'm working more on my shading ATM than the actual line art, then I'll start trying to draw without looking at an original picture as a guide. How's the shading?

Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:33 pm

You got the shading done very nicely
But with what G0L3M said, it's nothing but traced art.. However, I kind of find it executed near to perfection because most of those who trace it sometimes kind of suck at it but you got the shading and the lineart part really really good
Nice job :D

Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:09 pm
 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next