The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 1:11 pm

[ 379 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 26  Next
Link 
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
Quote:
Link's dair sin't that bad

Quote:
what were the devs snorting when they coded links dair

???

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:21 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
A laggy move that hurts when it hits.

Imagine that.

Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:43 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
And also kills at 70%ish and can be stopped by currently ONE FRIGGIN MOVE (aka ZSS Up B). I have nothing against it hitting hard (ok, maybe I have), but it should not beat Thunder, Thundaga, Soras Thundaga, Meteor, PK Flash etc. Give it a prio nerf and im fine with it,

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:51 pm

MGN Username: SickHakma
Currently Playing: Game
SkaiPrower wrote:
And also kills at 70%ish and can be stopped by currently ONE FRIGGIN MOVE (aka ZSS Up B). I have nothing against it hitting hard (ok, maybe I have), but it should not beat Thunder, Thundaga, Soras Thundaga, Meteor, PK Flash etc. Give it a prio nerf and im fine with it,

^^
+1

this is why I never go for any punishes when link is hit stunned in the air

Amazarashi
YouTube Video:

Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:13 pm
BR Member

Just don't challenge it. Too much complaining about stuff in this game is due to people trying to challenge things instead of baiting and punishing. Just don't try to hit the sword and you'll be fine.

For Doom:
For Kicks:

Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:38 pm
BR Member

TheCodeSamurai wrote:
Just don't challenge it. Too much complaining about stuff in this game is due to people trying to challenge things instead of baiting and punishing. Just don't try to hit the sword and you'll be fine.

Hit the nail on the proverbial head.

With a Link Dair.

Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:40 pm

MGN Username: showgingah
Currently Playing: SSF2, SSBM, Zelda, Castle Crashers, CoD WaW Custom Zombies, Archeage, Elsword
Am I the only Link main that tends to forget about his arsenal and only attacks up close? Sure that leaves me vulnerable for not having much space between me and others, but it usually works out in the end. :xd: Then again when it comes to legitimate pros, that boomerang looks mighty friendly...

Can be one of the best Links when I'm not slacking on practice or being lazy altogether. I am the Showgingah.
https://www.youtube.com/c/BloodmistFro
SSF2 Main: :link:
Secondary: :blackmage: :samus:
Secondary (Inactive) : :goku: :marth: :donkeykong:

Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:24 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSBM, Zelda, Castle Crashers, CoD WaW Custom Zombies, Archeage, Elsword
TheCodeSamurai wrote:
People spam. The solution is not to play them or to play them and work around it, but you choose to play your "friend", so don't.

It's very noticeable when someone spams with Link. I only do so when I find a spammer myself. Yet for some reason there are those who are so into the game, that when they finally lose, they use it as an excuse...And I didn't press the letter O once...Sigh. Now that I think about it, that's probably the reason I almost stopped using special attacks entirely unless I want to get the match over with win or lose.

Can be one of the best Links when I'm not slacking on practice or being lazy altogether. I am the Showgingah.

Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:28 pm

Afro Triforce Slayer wrote:
TheCodeSamurai wrote:
People spam. The solution is not to play them or to play them and work around it, but you choose to play your "friend", so don't.

It's very noticeable when someone spams with Link. I only do so when I find a spammer myself. Yet for some reason there are those who are so into the game, that when they finally lose, they use it as an excuse...And I didn't press the letter O once...Sigh. Now that I think about it, that's probably the reason I almost stopped using special attacks entirely unless I want to get the match over with win or lose.

Yeah your kind of link is the one I have less beef with. One that uses boomerang for zoning instead of throwing it then using up b if it connects.

Amazarashi
YouTube Video:

Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:10 am
BR Member

God forbid Links actually want to follow up on their hits!

For Doom:
For Kicks:

Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:01 pm

TheCodeSamurai wrote:
God forbid Links actually want to follow up on their hits!

No
Im talking about the ones that Up B OUT OF THE WAY so that the boomerang can cook you longer. I wouldnt call it cheap but Its not really putting boomerang at its highest level of use.

And if you werent talking about my post mb

Amazarashi
YouTube Video:

Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:22 pm

Hakma wrote:
Afro Triforce Slayer wrote:
TheCodeSamurai wrote:

Yeah your kind of link is the one I have less beef with. One that uses boomerang for zoning instead of throwing it then using up b if it connects.

The boomerang up B is something I only use as a last minute reaction. I don't like doing so often because I know I can rack up more damage. When someone gets caught in it, I will either forward grabx3, jabx3/jabx2&grab, down air, or my favorite, down smash. Timing it correctly will result in getting both hits and can end in an impressive and unexpected. Not to mention you'll have time to charge it up. Though I don't recommend using it as an attempt to KO during to the knockback the boomerang causes if it hits at higher percentages. More of a lucky opportunity. Same with the down air. If they're still in it, that down air won't KO unless you hit them at juuust the right pixel frame lol. I tend to use the boomerang as bait. Mainly with Naruto running spammers. I tend to mess with people by going straight into battle because they assume I'm gonna use a projectile. Mainly Fox with his reflector or Megaman with the proto shield. Even when I know I can win a match I'm losing, I still only go upclose. Therefore it got to the point I'm slightly less inexperienced with my projectiles now. It's noticeable and can cause an SDs.

Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:30 pm

For those really good with Link, how do you edge guard? Reverse boomerang, arrows, down tilt, and spin attacks are what I go with. Bombs tend to send people vertically more than horizontally and bomb arrows have a similar problem.

Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:33 pm
BR Member

Bombs are still good edgeguarding tools, especially when you can use them to set up juicy down airs. Dsmash reaches below the ledge, so that can be handy in certain situations, but more often than not it will help them recovery more easily if it doesn't straight-up KO. Nair is a really solid tool in many matchups, and the second hit of Fair also has great edgeguarding knockback. Ftilt can punish missed sweetspots and is safer to throw out than the second hit of Fsmash. My personal favourite setups are Bomb > Dair and Nair > returning Boomerang.

One of the nice things about Link is that he doesn't always have to edgeguard. Often-times putting someone off-stage can be a great opportunity to rack up free damage and set them up for a Dair finish on-stage.

Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:59 pm

MGN Username: Vega
Currently Playing: The Beta
Anyone want to let Link keep his current air speed? I'm being honest, that is one of the better factors for Link's recovery, since it provides him with needed lateral aerial movement (movement that's actually faster than Jigglypuff's). Although, they could buff Link's falling speed a bit to make it less dangerous to go off stage with (they need to do that for every character except Jigglypuff; it's a nightmare).

Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:11 pm
 [ 379 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 26  Next