The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:47 pm

[ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next
Project: Pantheon - Episode Three 
Site Admin

"Olympus, this is Magnesia, do you copy?" spoke Abi into her communicator.

"Mercury here, what's up Magnesia?"

"Do you have the current location of the jeep you told us about earlier?"

"It's heading north north east, in about 300 meters its route will change westward before turning heading south. The perimeter around the bunker is a right angle actually. Presently it is approximately 200 meters from your current location."

"Perfect! Thanks Mercury"

Abi turned to face the group, her eyes bright as she formulated her plan and brought it to fruition. "MB, Richter and I will go after the jeep, and radio you guys in when its safe to come"

Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:28 pm

Waifu: I'm married
Austin, who, much to his distaste, was now being referred to as "Mind Buster", listened to the conversation on the comms unit. His sister seemed to have a plan in mind, which didn't bother him as long as he could watch over her. "Well," He began. "Let's get going then."

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:48 pm
YIM WWW

"Alright, let's get a move on. I heard numbers and the word meter so, I'm guessing more walking is involved." Ramon took a minute to look over all the people in his team. These were going to be the people he was going to be working with for who knows how long and they can barely even look at each other for more than 2 minutes, without someone causing a rift and everyone going back to being quiet.

Ramon let out a loud sigh and then starting trudging through the sand where he would have to execute a plan entirely resting on his shoulders. Nah, no pressure.

Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:58 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
“But…” began Tailin, before being cut off by the lucky few that were to be part of the first stage of the mission. Disappointed though she was, the girl was smart enough to realize that no amount of complaining would convince them to let her tag along. They were all too impatient to spend any more time discussing strategy or logistics, and she definitely agreed with that sentiment.

“Welp,” she sighed, sitting down dejectedly. “I spy with my little eye something… brown.”

Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:31 pm

Currently Playing: Mandolin
Bertok, taking advantage of being left behind, pulled a small, folded up square of scratch paper and a pen from the back if the mirror and, following Tailin's example, sat down. He covered the mirror's surface with the blanket to prevent it from reflecting any light and giving away their location.

He was slightly annoyed that he was stuck with his opposite, but decided to put her presence out of his mind and focus on writing something. Anything to take his mind off the heat.

Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:40 am
Site Admin

It took Austin, Ramon and Abi roughly twenty minutes before they heard the rumbling of the jeep's engine approaching. Naturally, Abi could have flown there herself in a considerably shorter amount of time, but she didn't want to risk blowing their cover. Now that the jeep was approaching they had to act fast, if the mercenaries caught sight of them before they had time to act, the ensuing firefight would definitely reveal their presence, and the prince would be put at risk. In all honesty, Abi was worried, they had never worked as a team before, and yet here they were about to jump a military jeep and take out its occupants.

"Ok, Richter" spoke Abi quickly, "I'm going to slow down the jeep, as soon as that happens, you must start to sink it, though not too much, just enough to immobilize it and its occupants," she turned to her brother "As soon as the jeep is immobilized you have to put them to sleep, then we'll throw them in the back and drive the jeep over to the others. Ok? I'm going to go....now!"

Magnesia began sprinting in a wide arch around the jeep, she didn't want to risk being seen, keeping her body low and hidden behind the dunes that separated them. She could hear the jeep even more so than before, and see sand being kicked up by the tires as it drove towards where Austin and Ramon were hidden. She crouched behind a dune, just until she could see the jeep peeling by her, and she raised her hand towards it, exerting a magnetic pull on the jeep, slowing it down gradually, and causing the engine to work harder as it tried to pull against her magnetic force. If she were even closer she would have heard the mercenaries complaining about the vehicle, wondering why it was acting up.

She looked over towards where the other two were as the jeep drove slower towards them; it was their turn next.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:30 am

Ramon quietly sat through the entire walk through the desert cursing the heat and wishing he made a little sand umbrella or whatever. Nah, probably wouldn't work out as well as he thought. When Abi stopped them and explained the plan, he sat and nodded through most of it as to not interrupt her. When she moved to go keep the vehicle from moving, Ramon put his hands on the sand and applied whatever was closest to him to his arms all the way up to his shoulders.

Once he got the signal from Magnesia, Ritcher pressed his hands harder into the sand. The sand around the Jeep started to sink, and by the time he got to where it wanted to be, the car was up to it's headlights in sand. Now, all that was needed was for Austin to make the guys sleep and everything would be good.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:30 pm

Austin wasn't too sure about this plan. He decided that next time he would give more input. Hopefully the guy with the rocket launcher wouldn't see him. When he heard the sounds of the jeep getting stuck he dashed out of his sand cover and headed straight for the RPG user. He leaped into the air from the top of the dune and dropped down right in front of the man, grabbing the guard's forehead and activating his powers. With that out of the way he tried the same on the other guards.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:04 pm
YIM WWW
Site Admin

The mercenaries were completely disoriented by the sudden sinking of their jeep into the sand, it was quite unbelievable. However, before they could concern themselves about their current plight, Austin had already run out of his hiding spot and made contact with the forehead of the mercenary with the RPG. He began to flail about violently, further disorienting the other mercenaries in the car, panicking as they were being attacked by some mystery assassin. This worked in Austin's favour as he proceeded to touch the foreheads of the other mercenaries, causing them to each undergo seizures before falling unconscious. Within a matter of minutes all was quiet; three of the mercenaries had been quickly undressed, making sure to leave one of them dressed so that Miroirs could copy it and send it in to dupe the other two guards on watch by the door; meanwhile the three of them quickly threw on the mercenaries' clothes over their own uniforms.

"Phase one is a success" spoke Abi into the intercom as Ramon raised the jeep out of the sand, "We're headed back to you guys to commence phase two with our unconscious mercenaries"

This time it took them only a short while before they reconvened with the rest of the team in their hiding spot from before, as they rode in on the jeep.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:50 pm
BR Member

OOC: Meaningful character interaction that totally took place while the jeep party was away. >_>

Tailin noticed Bertók taking something out of his package and decided to investigate. It wasn’t as though she had anything better to do; her GamePrism had been confiscated before the mission. She would have to be sneakier about getting it in her suit next time.

Taking advantage of the fact the he was sitting down, she leaned over her tall companion’s shoulder and asked, innocently, “Ooh, that looks neat. Watcha doin’?”

Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:46 pm

Bertók had written a stanza by the time he found his state of mental calm interrupted by Tailin casting her shadow over his paper. He paused for a few seconds to think of how to answer.

"Skribanta poemo," he replied, quickly returning to his paper and writing down another stanza and then repeating it to himself quietly.

Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:06 pm

Seeing the others from his spot on the back of the jeep, Austin waved them over. "What's our plan for the guys in front of the entrance? I can take out one but I doubt I'll survive when the other guy sees me."

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:33 pm
YIM WWW
BR Member

“Skri-what now?”, repeated Tailin, glancing at the young man’s paper. There was a section covered in what was evidently supposed to be writing, though she could make neither heads nor tails of what is meant. “Oh, you mean poetry,” she exclaimed, somewhat surprised. She had taken Bertók for the serious, no-nonsense type, yet here he was, composing in the middle of the desert. “You’re kind of strange, you know,” she remarked with a smile. Maybe there was hope for the two of them getting along after all.

Before Tailin could ask about the meaning of Bertók’s writing, the sound of a jeep could be heard coming towards them. Without considering whether that was good or bad, the girl leapt up and made her way towards the vehicle to greet the returning party. There was no doubt in her mind that her allies had succeeded. They were Pantheon, after all, the world’s greatest superheroes!

“Oy!”, she called, hands cupped to her mouth, the risk of discovery slipping her mind. “I take it those suckers didn’t put up much of a fight?”

Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:08 pm
Site Admin

Abi hopped over the door of the car and landed on the ground lightly. "Yup!" she replied cheerily as she walked towards the group, "Now, Miroirs will make a copy of this guy" she pointed over her shoulder with her thumb, referring to the sole mercenary that remained clothed in the back of the jeep. "The image will lead the two guards over in our direction, where MB will knock the first one out, while we hold down the other until he can take the other guard out. We put on the uniforms, and the last of us without one will pose as our prisoner. We'll enter the bunker, go to the prison, and hopefully find the prince!"

Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:25 pm

Bertók folded up his paper and stowed it away in the backboard of the mirror as it was before. He casually carried the mirror over to the jeep and focused it on the mercenary in the back. Closing his eyes, he sent his shadow into the reflection of the mercenary and took control of the body. The copy forced its way from the mirror and, appearing from the flat surface, looked like a man trying to escape a tar pit, flailing incessantly. In a few seconds it was free and Bertók turned to Abigail to await further instruction.

Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:01 pm
 [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next