The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 4:51 pm

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
[PC] Bubsy Two-fur 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=553404370

So yeah, this is a thing... I don't know why. I don't know who told these guys that there was a market for Bubsy. I mean, the games were terrible back then and have only gotten even worse with age.

It would be one thing if the games were being remade with improved gamepkay but from what I can tell, these are just ports of the SNES games with no changes at all. I find it insulting that they think they can do this but since Steam has no semblance of quality control, it could be likely that this ends up getting greenlit, especially considering the idiots in that comment section who are actually defending those games.

What do you guys think? Do you think Bubsy deserves to be saved? Feel free to discuss why your answer is no.

Last edited by Devon on Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:04 am
Site Moderator

Waifu: Trollbean
You're not thinking about this the right way

Bubsy is only famous because his games are garbage. He's become a meme

They're thinking they can get away with making an intentionally bad game w/ some self-aware humor and people will buy it for the meme value

Think Goat Simulator, but backed by an existing terrible IP

They'll get some sales and a little Youtube attention but it won't take off because most people won't be in on the joke and the ones that are aren't likely to be impressed by another Let's Play meme game

This is based on rumors they're working on something new, I mean. These games on Steam are likely testing the waters to see how many people will buy them ironically and/or gift them to their friends as jokes, which is fine

Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:11 am

Term wrote:
You're not thinking about this the right way

Bubsy is only famous because his games are garbage. He's become a meme

They're thinking they can get away with making an intentionally bad game w/ some self-aware humor and people will buy it for the meme value

Think Goat Simulator, but backed by an existing terrible IP

They'll get some sales and a little Youtube attention but it won't take off because most people won't be in on the joke and the ones that are aren't likely to be impressed by another Let's Play meme game

This is based on rumors they're working on something new, I mean. These games on Steam are likely testing the waters to see how many people will buy them ironically and/or gift them to their friends as jokes, which is fine

Actually, according to the description on its page on Steam Greenlight, the developer genuinely wants to "save" the Bubsy franchise and possibly make some new games despite the fact that even the 2D games weren't passable at all.

It would be bad enough if this was a joke but unfortunately, they're doing this in earnest.

Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:50 am

This doesn't even work as some Goat Simulator-tier YouTube bait because it's not Bubsy 3D

I won't be surprised if it gets greenlit because of all the other f*** garbage on Steam but if they're just trying to cash in then they're not doing a good job

Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:44 am

kb wrote:
This doesn't even work as some Goat Simulator-tier YouTube bait because it's not Bubsy 3D

I won't be surprised if it gets greenlit because of all the other f*** garbage on Steam but if they're just trying to cash in then they're not doing a good job

Technically, the reason why so much dreck gets through Steam Greenlight is because the "developers" get bots and sockpuppet accounts to upvote their own game. Only time will tell if the Bubsy Two-Fur has the same problem. But yeah, Steam has no idea what quality control is.

Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:48 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Ninja Gaiden Black, Battle Chasers: Nightwar, Titanfall 2 MP
Waifu: Makoto Nijima
Devon wrote:
kb wrote:

Technically, the reason why so much dreck gets through Steam Greenlight is because the "developers" get bots and sockpuppet accounts to upvote their own game. Only time will tell if the Bubsy Two-Fur has the same problem. But yeah, Steam has no idea what quality control is.

It costs $5 to unlock your steam account and vote on Greenlight. Nobody is botting votes, it would be way too much money. Putting your game in Greenlight bundles on sites like Groupees is generally the easiest way to do things.

Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:45 pm

Currently Playing: with power. Nintendo power.
Andy wrote:
Nobody is botting votes, it would be way too much money. Putting your game in Greenlight bundles on sites like Groupees is generally the easiest way to do things.

You'd be surprised how many bot accounts there are on Steam. Admittedly it's also easy to offer free steam keys, but yeah, plenty of bots too.

I just got Kid Icarus.
And it is ridicarus.

I should warn you for that

Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:54 am
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Ninja Gaiden Black, Battle Chasers: Nightwar, Titanfall 2 MP
Waifu: Makoto Nijima
Rapty wrote:
Andy wrote:
Nobody is botting votes, it would be way too much money. Putting your game in Greenlight bundles on sites like Groupees is generally the easiest way to do things.

You'd be surprised how many bot accounts there are on Steam. Admittedly it's also easy to offer free steam keys, but yeah, plenty of bots too.

The bot count has been drastically cut down as of late (like, May is when this began, I think?) - you need $5 for an unlocked account, as opposed to just owning a game.

I've only gotten 2 bot friend requests since that change, and they seemed to be accounts that got grandfathered in to unlocked status.

(For comparison, I got 10 or so per week before that)

Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:27 pm

So I saw footage of the game and the hacks who put it out couldn't have put less effort into it if they tried. All it is is an emulator bundled with two ROMs. It's not even a port, it's just something that you can easily get for free which these losers are charging money for for some reason.

And it's obvious that these assholes are doing this in an attempt to get funds for a Bubsy reboot. That's just beyond desperate.

Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:29 pm

thanks for the bump to inform us of the important bubsy news we all care about

yes, an emulator and some roms is "something you can easily get for free". doing that is also f*** illegal, you retard

mock them for not even actually porting the game if you want, sure, but don't say that it's bad because you could get it for free. because you can get any PC game for free

Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:58 pm

Currently Playing: League of Legends, Killing Floor 2, Overwatch
Waifu: Cleod9
Who's the c***? ^

Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:47 pm

MGN Username: Tid
Currently Playing: Deep™ The™ Game™
Probably the guy encouraging a forum to f*** steal from developers

Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:04 pm

Currently Playing: with power. Nintendo power.
I mean, I don't know the exact details, but Accolade went out of business 17 years ago. The ones you'd be stealing from at this point are the publishers at Retroism.

I just got Kid Icarus.
And it is ridicarus.

I should warn you for that

Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:29 pm

Currently Playing: League of Legends, Killing Floor 2, Overwatch
Waifu: Cleod9
Tid wrote:
Probably the guy encouraging a forum to f*** steal from developers

Accepting all bets

Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:12 pm
Site Moderator

Waifu: Trollbean