The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 8:41 pm

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
[MP] Street Fighter (Decapre: Ultra 5th Character Revealed) 

capcom don't own the rights to Marvel characters so they'll never be in a fighting game

come on dude. that's a s*** excuse and you know it

Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:18 pm
Site Moderator

Waifu: Trollbean
Dr.Geno wrote:
Those characters were all going to be DLC, but since the tsunami pushed back their plans so far they thought it would be better to just create a new version.

I think that's what it was.
Even so holding back all the fan favorites like that as DLC is garbage

While I think more DLC characters were planned (at least two, going by vanilla's select screen) I don't think there were that many slots. Although it's possible I guess

Zalo wrote:
But Capcom said the original release of MvC3 was like still an alpha or beta as a game. There were a few patches of the game week one of release. But if the game was incomplete and Capcom knew they wanted to add more to the game, why didn't they just delay it to finish?
Not very familiar with Capcom?

Why create one high quality game when they can make you buy that game and a s*** alpha version and a handful of DLC characters?

$$$$

Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:22 pm

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Zapperrix wrote:
Zalo wrote:
But Capcom said the original release of MvC3 was like still an alpha or beta as a game. There were a few patches of the game week one of release. But if the game was incomplete and Capcom knew they wanted to add more to the game, why didn't they just delay it to finish?

When did Capcom say this? I followed MvC3 closely before and after its release for about a year and a half, and I don't recall running into an article like that.
Months before MvC3 released, Seth Krillian said it was possible that there could be a super edition to Marvel vs. Capcom 3, in the same fashion of Super Street Fighter 4. http://www.thekartel.com/video-games/17 ... the_works/

I guess Ultimate would've have been the same as it is now, except maybe all of its content would've been DLC for people with the Vanilla game as well. Now I remember why they had the favorite character poll the month of Marvel 3's released. And actually when I looked back at the poll (other than Mega Man); Capcom did put the most of the top voted characters on their side. (Yes, Marvel's side is more promotional for them rather than fan-service.) But I also remember Ryota Niitsuma said in a interview they wanted the roster to have more characters than MvC2, but it seems they never were able to accomplish that.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Last edited by Z A L O on Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:58 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Zapperrix
Ok, thanks for providing the link.

Marvel obviously had a say for who they wanted in the game, and that probably limited who they could add for DLC.

That's why I would like to see a Capcom all-stars fighting game that doesn't suck (Capcom Fighting Jam), so they wouldn't have to deal with licenses.

Lets be honest here; if Capcom could, there would've been more DLC for Marvel 3.

ZERO_OR wrote:
Also their is no such things as GODS.

Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:10 am
 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4