The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 3:55 pm

[ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
January 30, 2009 News (New Song + Pending Update Info) 

-Medevenx- wrote:
Of course, college. It makes sense anyway that you're busy. Well, it just gives us time to search for more bugs for you to fix and to get familiar with the brand new features and stuff you have added to demo v0.4a. Also, I suggest not adding new characters. I would suggest fixing most of the bugs instead, gameplay mechanics, physics, the engine itself and the playable characters. :)

About the song, it seems to repetitive and lacks strong soundwaves for the genre you are going for. It lacks excitement for the first half. The second half's start was great, but it has to be louder.

:eew: But we want at least one new character so we can't get bored.

The problem is resolving itself!

My ssf2 Main : Image

Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:20 pm

Of course, that can be negotiated. :) Although it would be a more logical choice to fix the current stuff in demo v0.4a. If he wants to add a character, then that would be good also. :) For a character that would be added in the next demo, I suggest Ness. Since his spritesheet and animations are really good and complete, I don't think we'll have any animation bugs that much for him and his Final Smash won't cause that many bugs either. ;) Still, there are many bugs that need fixing, most likely including Link's Final Smash bug.

Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:37 pm

MGN Username: Tid
Currently Playing: Deep™ The™ Game™
-Medevenx- wrote:
Of course, that can be negotiated. :) Although it would be a more logical choice to fix the current stuff in demo v0.4a. If he wants to add a character, then that would be good also. :) For a character that would be added in the next demo, I suggest Ness. Since his spritesheet and animations are really good and complete, I don't think we'll have any animation bugs that much for him and his Final Smash won't cause that many bugs either. ;) Still, there are many bugs that need fixing, most likely including Link's Final Smash bug.

As much as i love ness (he was even my main in melee), I think that Pikachu should be added, simply because pikachu, link, mario, and kirby, are the recognised "smash gods". They are each from an important, but different series by nintendo, they were all in the first game, they were the first four characters shown in the trailer for brawl, and if Pikachu was added, the quartet would be complete. I like your reasoning though. Naruto would also be a good choice for the same reason ness would. Could you please check generel discussion topic for Mendevenx's (and my) individual character suggestions? And take them into account? please?

Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:25 am

R.E.B. wrote:
-Medevenx- wrote:
Of course, college. It makes sense anyway that you're busy. Well, it just gives us time to search for more bugs for you to fix and to get familiar with the brand new features and stuff you have added to demo v0.4a. Also, I suggest not adding new characters. I would suggest fixing most of the bugs instead, gameplay mechanics, physics, the engine itself and the playable characters. :)

About the song, it seems to repetitive and lacks strong soundwaves for the genre you are going for. It lacks excitement for the first half. The second half's start was great, but it has to be louder.

Get bored? You already have 6 stages and characters! Don't be so greedy!

Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:53 am

Seriously. Considering the fact this is only v4 and there are
*6 characters
*6 stages
*2 items
*Final Smashes
*stock and time matches
*teams
*adjustable volume levels
*a not crappy AI.
the list goes on and on...

I wouldn't be complaining if I were you.

Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:57 pm
SSF2 Developer

MGN Username: KingTremolo
Currently Playing: Super Mario 64, Monster Hunter 4, Sonic Generations
Well, love the new song. I can wait for the new demo, I found another decent smash clone to keep me occupied (no where near as good as SSF2 is though). I hope to see flying away at around 80% instead of just 50% and be able to achieve around at least 180%.

Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:12 pm

itsameSMB wrote:
R.E.B. wrote:
-Medevenx- wrote:

Seriously.. if you get bored that freaking easily go play some other game and stop crying about how the freelance game being made for the hell of it isn't done yet.

Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:19 pm

thedobaga wrote:
itsameSMB wrote:
R.E.B. wrote:
-Medevenx- wrote:

Seriously.. if you get bored that freaking easily go play some other game and stop crying about how the freelance game being made for the hell of it isn't done yet.

I had a feeling someone was going to say something like that sooner or later because I allready read itsame's post, and I'm not crying and I'm not bored. To tell the truth I wouldnt even care if the game came out in 2010 It's just a game :P . So just chill and stop getting mad so easily.

The problem is resolving itself!

My ssf2 Main : Image

Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:29 pm

thedobaga wrote:
itsameSMB wrote:
R.E.B. wrote:
-Medevenx- wrote:

I don't think it's fair to say that you get bored too easily if you get bored with the SSF2 demo. Because seriously, a Smash clone with 6 characters and stages with lots of glitches and not-yet-perfected physics doesn't have the potential to occupy someone for that long. That being said, it's still no excuse to get a new demo, then turn around and say "moar charecteers plz!". Heck, I'm pretty bored with the demo but I still look forward to the game's completion and understand that these things take time.

Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:43 pm

AwsomeMan wrote:
thedobaga wrote:
itsameSMB wrote:
R.E.B. wrote:
-Medevenx- wrote:

I don't think it's fair to say that you get bored too easily if you get bored with the SSF2 demo. Because seriously, a Smash clone with 6 characters and stages with lots of glitches and not-yet-perfected physics doesn't have the potential to occupy someone for that long. That being said, it's still no excuse to get a new demo, then turn around and say "moar charecteers plz!". Heck, I'm pretty bored with the demo but I still look forward to the game's completion and understand that these things take time.

Yes, it's got so little content because it's a DEMO. It's something for you to TRY OUT. It's not meant to entertain you for an extended amount of time, it's meant to give you a short taste then end, it's not supposed to be a full game that should entertain you for hours.

Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:14 pm

thedobaga wrote:
Yes, it's got so little content because it's a DEMO. It's something for you to TRY OUT. It's not meant to entertain you for an extended amount of time, it's meant to give you a short taste then end, it's not supposed to be a full game that should entertain you for hours.

right, exactly.

Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:22 pm

You know how it is at collegen (even though I'm not there) You gota do lots of schoolwork. but if were lucky and you can possibly add another charactor if you have time or not. Best luck in college Cleod-9

Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:34 pm
Site Admin

Thanks guys, glad you like the song! And it seems most of you understand I'm pretty busy here in college, so I appreciate it. Anyway i'll close this for know and let you know of any further updates later on

Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:07 am
 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3