The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 11:44 pm

[ 1460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 98  Next
Omnivident - Book 1: A War of Souls 
Site Admin

Autumn, Friday, 16:00

Team Adi

The students returned home without much more of a fuss. August got two stitches in his hand at the hospital, though the nurses were particularly curious as to how one could get such a wound while at school without the school knowing. However, after dealing with the stubborn youth’s resistance, they ceased their attempts to get information out of the boy.

At the Academy, Johnny received a new uniform to replace his old one by Miss Shields. The rest of the students were free to wonder as they saw fit.

Evelyn was quick to return to her room upon dismissal. While she didn’t enjoy the prospect of having to write a report, she liked how Adi was very formal with the mission and the running of the club. Levitating off of her bed with her laptop resting on her crossed legs, she wrote up her report detailing how they had discovered a spectral trail leading them to where the stolen artifact probably was, as well as their near-mishap with the two Ementius demons. She was troubled by the activity of demons in the city. They were literally running rampant in broad daylight. She sighed, the club definitely needed to get its act together, or the city itself would become theirs, and no one would be safe.

She finished typing up her report and printed it out then landed on the ground and left her room to head to the clubroom s****. There she found Adi waiting for the returning of the rest of his group. She hovered over to his side and handed him her report for him to read while they waited for the others.

Team Alice

Once the entire group had reassembled, they sat in a semi-circle around Li as he retold them the story that Mr. Turner had told him earlier. They were told how Mr. Turner had been making his rounds when the machinery came to life without anyone operating it. How the machines attacked him, and placed him on the conveyor belt where all the metals where placed to be melted down.

Afterwards Alice got up to describe to Li what had happened to them while they were in the junkyard during the day. How the weather had changed drastically and a radio seemed to be playing odd songs while they were in the area. Dom threw in his own two cents as he recounted how he heard an eerie laughter on the winds, barely faint enough for him to hear, but apparently there; as if whatever entity was in the place wanted to be discovered.

Hearing all the things they presented, it was clear to the seniors and veteran members that they were dealing with a poltergeist. The group looked up at Alice to determine what their next plan of action was to be.

OOC: This post was done hours earlier, but this magic system...so much to think out...I'm hoping I'll have it shaped up tomorrow I need to finish an assignment

Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:49 pm

Currently Playing: Dragonball Xenoverse, Civilization 5, Europa Universalis 4
Johnathan had yet another assignment to do. While it brought the total up to three he had to complete, it didn't so much bother him. He quickly finished the report about the mission, explaining how everything happened and what fortune cookie stuff Ms. Ignianus had revealed that might actually help them track down the missing artifact. He also explained his mistakes dealing with the demons, and how he got stronger from them, which he actually believed. It also somehow sparked a new interest in these missions, even though this was his second one. Strangely, he didn't feel as if his peers had somehow resented him for his backfires, but he was certain the atmosphere would definitely change in some way. If he was wrong, it was yet to be seen, but he could live it down. He didn't speak much anyway.

As for his report about the makeshift spear, he started that next, and since it was only a paragraph, it was easy to complete also. He thought it would be better to do it early, then procrastinate and wait until the last moment, which he could do also. First, he stated what sigils he used and how Evelyn and Carter both used their abilities to spiritually strengthen spear. Then, he compared it to the same spear before and what wouldn't be effected by it, if it hadn't been spiritually charged. Lastly, he stated that one could easily bring out the true potential of one's abilities if they think very critically. He printed both up and left the room.

Walking quickly with the two reports in his hand, he found the door leading to the club s****. He handed in both reports to Adi, and waited for the rest of the group.

Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:11 pm

Rather than returning to the academy right away, Logan patrolled the streets of Darren for awhile longer. He wanted to make sure the area was free of any more mischief-making spirits, but more than anything else he was trying to put off the paperwork he'd have to complete.
Eventually, he decided to bite the bullet and headed back to his dorm room to fill out a report. On the investigation side of things, though, there wasn't much for him to say. Evelyn and Damian had found the kettle's residual energy trail, while only Maximilian and Johnathan had been present to interview Ms. Ignianus. Still, he decided to detail his uneasy feelings toward the old woman, as well as her apparent attempts at indoctrinating the students.
Logan's report on the demonic encounter, however, was much more detailed. He wrote down everything he could remember about the confrontation. He took care to emphasize the fact that some of the demons that had been "killed" were capable of returning with enough time, and that the "living" demons were still able to communicate with them. How else could the skeletal beast have known about his powers?
Once he was finished writing, Logan reconvened with Adi and the others.

Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:37 pm
Site Moderator

After everything that had happened today a report was the last thing Maximilian was interested in writing, besides, he hadn't seen or done anything he found worth sharing save a few suspicions he held, but even then they were merely suspicions. So instead of writing a report Maximilian returned to his room, fetched a cassette from beneath his bed, socketed it into an old player he dug out from his uniform, plopped on a tired set of earphones and wandered the halls for some time simply listening to his cassette before returning to the club room where he found a corner to relax in whilst he rewound his tape. Upon his tape finishing its session of rewinding Maximilian noticed Evelyn enter the room and immediately join Adi. Quickly pressing play on the tape Maximilian sunk into the corner and closed his eyes.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:06 am

Waifu: I'm married
OOC: I forgot who's in my group :(

"When we go out tonight," Alice said, "Everyone needs to be prepared for a fight. Poltergeists are unpredictable. For the rest of the day you should practice using your weapons and abilities. Split yourselves into groups and spar." She did a quick review of how to use the Ad Amar spell to hide or conjure their weapons. "If you haven't chosen a weapon, speak up and I'll show you to the armory." Her businesslike attitude was merely a sign of how worried she was. Their target spirit seemed intelligent, powerful, and exceedingly cruel - any mistakes could lead to a painful death. To make matters worse, most of these kids had never fought anything before.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:23 am
YIM WWW

Currently Playing: nothing anymore
Damian got to work on his report, detailing how he and Evelyn found the kettle's energy trail and the encounter with the demon's. Once he was finished, he walked over and noticed that most of the other's had already arrived but regardless, he turned in his report and waited.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:52 pm

Currently Playing: Skyrim,Warframe, and League Of Lag
Lotus looked at alice and the others. "Who should i spar with?" she asked alice. She hoped to train with Alice, so she could see how the senior manages her familiar. Not to mention she wouldn't out number someone.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:44 pm

Currently Playing: The Game
Predictably, the reports contained a small passage on the attack by demons on the way back. He made sure to highlight the relevant passages before finding a file folder to put them in. As he did so he heard Senior Pearson mentioning a hunt tonight, and a poltergeist no less. A warning was in order.

"Senior Pearson, can I have a moment of your time?" he greeted before producing the reports he had so far, "What do you think of these?"

He pointed to the highlighted passages on the demon attack.

Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:12 am

Reports? Alice thought. It must have been something important. She opened the little folder and took out the first paper. Her eyes were drawn to the highlighted section.

"This... Is really bad..." She said as her face drained of color. "Right there on Ericson Street? In broad daylight?" Even before the bus explosion there had never been groups of monsters out and about during the day. Worse still, they seemed to be organizing themselves. If that were the case, realistically they would only be able to operate until the demons felt like storming the school and destroying the club. Alice looked Adi in the eye. "I don't think I need to tell you how serious this is. For now, business as usual, but we need to step up on their training. Majorly. Next time you encounter something like an Ementius I want you to find out what it's doing."

Right after she finished that sentence, she noticed Lotus giving her a strange look. "Who should i spar with?" The girl asked.

"... You look like you're going to murder me." Alice said. "How do you expect to spar with an archer? Would you like to try catching arrows with your teeth?"

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:21 pm
YIM WWW

Lotus looked at Alice. Lotus didn't get Alice's joke at all. " I was hopeing to actually spar with you and the fairy/pixie thingy. Your a senior and have more experiance at the whole familiar thing. I... we" She motioned at dot ,who had materialized next to her." We are new at this I was hoping for a little help. Your the closest power wise to us." Lotus looked hopefully at Alice not wanting to ruin her relationship with the senior who seemed to like her. She continued "We don't have to fight as much as train and harness our familiars."
Dot began to circle Alice in a playful manner. Dot really wanted to chase something. Something small. Small like a fairy. Dot thought chasing the fairy around would be fun, not to mention it'd test both their skills. Dot began to nudge Alice in the playful kitten way. Dot didn't really realize how big she was compared to Alice, Before throwing her weight against her.
Lotus noticed how Dot was acting around Alice. "What are you doing you dummy?" she asked aloud.
Dot explained how she felt to Lotus, knowing Lotus was the only one who could hear her.

Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:05 pm

Currently Playing: The Game
So senior Pearson wanted to interrogate an Ementius demon eh? He didn't think they would surrender their secrets so easily though. Still he didn't need to voice his doubts about it yet.

"I shall try senior Pearson," he replied, "For now my group shall rest and we will track down the thief tomorrow. I wish you luck on your hunt, good night."

With that Adi left for home.

Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:57 am

"You really want to spar with me?" Alice sighed. She had hoped to speak with Tsubaki, but it would have to wait. "There's a way we can do this, but be careful. It makes me act a bit... Bloodthirsty... You know, like Phora. Meaning, I might go straight for your throat." Frankly the senior was the perfect opponent for similarly-vicious Lotus. Almost reflexively, she could feel excitement building up inside her. Normally her trained mind would prevent it from effecting her judgement, but while using her strangest ability she tended to throw that to the wind.

The tiger familiar, who had been nudging her playfully, suddenly threw its weight against her. She was knocked over and winded. While she coughed and wheezed to catch her breathe, Phora materialized on the tiger's back.

"Did you get a new rug?" The familiar asked. "Whoah! It's alive!" She launched herself off Dot's back and hovered a few feet above. "This thing is huge Alice! I'll pluck it's eyes out while you run away!" Alice stood up and grabbed the pixie by her hair.

"Don't do anything stupid." She said over Phora's protests. "You've seen Dot before. We're going to spar with her and her master." The creature stopped kicking and shouting to examine Lotus.

"Yeah, I guess I could beat her up for you. You're on your own against that tiger though." Suddenly a swirling column of light began to form at her feet. It snaked up her body, which slowly vanished. "We're fusing?! I thought it was against the rules to kill people. Well, not my problem." As she disappeared, Alice began to undergo a rapid transformation. First her eyes changed to a bright silver color, and her hair quickly followed. Her ears became pointed, making her look like an Elf. Huge monarch wings sprouted from her shoulder blades. Finally her nails grew and sharpened into razor claws.

To Alice, it was like the whole world had slowed down. "Ready... Go!" With all her reservations gone, she used Dot's face as a springboard to launch herself towards Lotus, throwing a punch straight towards her jaw.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:55 pm
YIM WWW

(Don't mind me, just editing out a previous post.)

Last edited by Shrapnel on Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:27 pm

Lotus was un prepared for the transformation, but she was prepared for the strike. Lotus simply bent backwards as Alice flew over. To be honest Lotus was surprised at her own flexibility, But that's what you get for being bonded to a tiger. After Lotus dodged she rolled and whipped out her sword in one fluent motion.The whole time she wondered who had control, Alice or Phora.
By now Dot had managed to get the last piece of Alice's shoe out of her eye. Dot began to bare teeth, so did Lotus. Dot began to walk in a semi-circle around Alice. Closing in waiting for a clear shot.

Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:28 pm

The opponent and her cohort circled around Alice, slowly trapping her between them.
"What the hell did we even fuse for? Shouldn't we just spar with her two-on-two?" Alice seemed to say to herself.

"Well, I expected to be able to take them both," she answered her own question. "But I got a sudden urge to kick the tiger in the face and put myself in this brilliant position - which is mostly your fighting style. Trust me, I hate this more than you do." Her deceased comrades coined the phrase "Phalice mode" the first time she tried fusing. "... Mother of God. Look at the teeth on that girl. She could bite through Kevlar."

"I want my body back. Let's unfuse. The tiger doesn't have a sword, so I'll take the tiger." This meant she tore through the back of her clothes for nothing, but it was a better idea than being skewered and eaten, or worse still having another "temporary lapse of judgement".

Fusing with your familiar is quick and easy. Undoing it feels like a little fairy thing is forcing it's entire body directly out of your brain. Alice grasped at her head and doubled over. As the changes reversed themselves, her agonized shrieks echoed through the practice chamber. Phora's reversion was just like any of her flashy appearances, and she yawned loudly at her trembling master. "That part sucks." The senior said as she slowly stood straight. "Why do you need a sword to fight an unarmed girl? I'm still going to kick your a**, but that's pretty cowardly..." Standing on the balls of her feet, Alice taunted her some more. "You should've joined earlier. My friends Death Metal band is looking for a new vocalist. By the way, if you lose any teeth, let me know. I'll make you a nice necklace."

Meanwhile, Phora stared down the tiger, trying to look as menacing as possible. "Hmmm... People veins are easy, but I've never hunted a tiger before. This isn't really fair, you know. They should let you wear some armor."

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:26 am
YIM WWW
 [ 1460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 98  Next