The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 2:40 pm

[ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
SSF2 Beta - General Online Mode & MGN Questions 

MGN Username: VanillaKunikida
Currently Playing: SSBU, SSF2, SIFAS
Waifu: Hanamaru Kunikida
Grizzexploder wrote:
Is it possible to change your username?

i dont think you can change your MGN name lol.

Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:00 am
YIM WWW

I almost always get the bug in beta where the game freezes at the "3" count and when i don't the matches are very laggy. When will a region filter be implemented?"

Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:47 am

Any advice on troubleshooting getting stuck at the opening of a match? Tried everything with network/router settings and am getting nowhere. Never had issues with v0.9b and smooth connectivity so it's not an ISP issue. Any help from those experienced in network tech?

Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:41 pm

When the game starts the game freezes and in the corner superior left appears a counter of "break the targets", so I'm forced to close the game... is like that this:

https://1drv.ms/i/s!Aq40tI2Q34fNg1QqsNNjJn2L8qLe

Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:58 am

MGN Username: Sonario
Currently Playing: games probably
Waifu: Speedwagon
What's causing all the desyncs?

Flash Card: show

My thanks to Utah P. Teasdale (Harr) for the amazing Flash Card.

Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:08 am

MGN Username: Bedoop
Currently Playing: Rayman Origins
Waifu: CLEOD-BOT
Sonario wrote:
What's causing all the desyncs?

Items
Hazards
The desync check being wonky in the first place (It doesn't seem to check if the game is Actually desynced, it's moreso just like
Are both players acting like idiots, intentional or not
If so, desync)
among others

Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:14 pm

Has anyone figured out and listed which items are the culprits in causing desyncs? I think I've found ten items that consistently cause a desync if they appear, but I am not 100% positive about any of them. Perhaps disabling a different combination of items could have the same result? Also, I don't know for sure whether there are more such items. I've been finding that with just the following ten items disabled, desyncs seem to become pretty rare: Fan, Beam Rod, Red Shell, Deku Nut, Mr. Saturn, Freezie, Pitfall, Super Mushroom, Poison Mushroom, and Fire Flower.

Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:48 pm

MGN Username: Bedoop
Currently Playing: Rayman Origins
Waifu: CLEOD-BOT
let's analyze yonder list :sandbag:
Quote:
Fan

These have unique physics when thrown, unlike most other items
Quote:
Beam Rod + Fire Flower

I guess Ice Flower counts in this too, when these are swung the way the projectiles go is seemingly random (Especially with :sandbag:, who swings all Battering items twice) so something may hit you on one screen but not on another
Quote:
Red Shell

Even in Offline play these things just do whatever the hell they want, very high chance of being a desyncer
Quote:
Deku Nut

These not only have a timer ticking down to when they explode automatically, but they can be activated by hitting them earlier and also cause stun, and stun in SSF2 is kindof wonky as is
Quote:
Mr. Saturn

I'll include the Bob-Omb in this section, since both of them have an auto-timer and then proceed to walk around and do whatever, albeit Mr. Saturn has more random aspects than a Bob-Omb does (Because Mr. Saturn likes to look around a lot)
Quote:
Super Mushroom, Poison Mushroom & Freezie

I'll add the Starman to this section too, since all 4 have a similar pattern (Spawn, head in whichever way they want, react when bumping against a wall)
Freezies disappear completely when they bump into a wall and freeze foes, so that might be a thing
Quote:
Pitfall

Not only do these cause the bury affect (Which is like Freeze and Stun, kinda wonky) and also run on a timer (Which lag may affect) but when they're planted they have the tiniest little "hitbox" that nudges whoever is immune to falling in to the side just by a little bit
Not exactly major, but still a thing that might cause desyncs :sandbag:

Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:48 pm

Bedoop's analysis is logical, but I have seen some evidence against some of the explanations.

For instance, the Beam Rod (and some other items including Fire Flower) can desync the game just by spawning, even if nobody wields it. The star and the yellow shell seem not to cause desyncs, as far as I've been able to tell.

I like the thrown fan theory, since the fan doesn't always cause desync, and I've seen enough people spam jab with it without issues.

Anecdote: I joined a game and played a 1v1 stock match against the host without any issues, them as Ness and me as a randomly picked Tails. The host has hazards off and item frequency set to none. Game ends, a third player (Mario) joins, and a second game proceeds also without lag or desyncs or any problems (that game I picked random again and got Sonic, if you're curious). Then for the third game, I pick Sandbag instead of random. The host has all (I assume) of the items enabled, even though spawn frequency is none, so my first capsule releases a Pitfall. Wanting to avoid a desync, I grab the Pitfall and throw it away into the void off the right side of (hazardless) Phase 8, thinking that if it doesn't get used or touch anything it could be fine. Nonetheless, the Mario player is immediately desynced, while the host and I continued to be in sync.

Another Edit aka The Plot Thickens: Different combinations of item disabling do indeed prevent desyncs just as well. Someone had just Smart Bomb, Bob-omb, Deku Nut, and Super Mushroom enabled, and the game didn't desync. Meanwhile, enabling any single item seems to prevent desyncs. Weird.

Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:57 pm

MGN Username: IMainPichu
Waifu: Villie
Why is Online Mode acting so weird recently?
All of the matches that i've had in the last few days have:
1-Been extremely laggy
2-Suddenly finished for no reason
3-Not even started cause the Target glitch is happening way more often and it's not fixed unless i restart the computer

Maybe it's me but i haven't had these problems until now

Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:47 am

MGN Username: FluffyRuff
With the new patch out, how is online mode for everyone?

Any target glitch and stuff?

Practicing: :yoshi:

Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:56 am

Ok this isnt gonna take long. On ssf2 online mode there is a target symbol that freezes the game when a match starts. it is happening to EVERYONE!!! so in your own time please deal with it. Your game is really good. Sometime better than the official. The other thing is that when we dont want to play anymore and we are in a match, can you make the back button be the leave button.But also say "are you sure you want to leave" then say yes then give us like 20 minutes of not being online so that some spammer doesn't do it all the time. Ok thats it. Love that game and actually maybe it did take long.

Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:40 pm

MGN Username: Randumbness132
Currently Playing: around doing nothing
Waifu: Yul. B. Suhray
Ricardo Little wrote:
Ok this isnt gonna take long. On ssf2 online mode there is a target symbol that freezes the game when a match starts. it is happening to EVERYONE!!! so in your own time please deal with it. Your game is really good. Sometime better than the official. The other thing is that when we dont want to play anymore and we are in a match, can you make the back button be the leave button.But also say "are you sure you want to leave" then say yes then give us like 20 minutes of not being online so that some spammer doesn't do it all the time. Ok thats it. Love that game and actually maybe it did take long.

Dude, everyone knows about the target.

Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:12 pm

MGN Username: MEGA12312
Currently Playing: MH3U SSF2
Waifu: My bed
Ricardo Little wrote:

wow that is still in the game?
Color me surprised.

Wow they actually fixed Ness' throw. kinda

PICHU HYPEexcept not yet /:|

Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:32 pm

MGN Username: Randumbness132
Currently Playing: around doing nothing
Waifu: Yul. B. Suhray
I guess the target BROKE US! AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:57 pm
 [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next