The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 5:31 pm

[ 379 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 26  Next
Link 
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
Are we in a power shield deficit

Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:36 pm
BR Member

A lot of stuff doesnt powershield, or otherwise behaves rather awkwardly after it is powershielded. I compiled a list of them in the bug report thread if you want to take a look.

Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:23 pm

MGN Username: sparty88
FedoraTheExplorer wrote:
Really tho im fine with how utterly annoying link's boomerang is (lel) I just dont want my powershield to be wasted on it

Are you referring to how power shielding it does nothing to reflect the move? If so, yeah, that's a joke. Perfectly shielding it shouldn't just leave you there to get arrow'd.

Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:51 pm
BR Member

Im referring to how after you reflect it, if it wasnt in gale it will turn right back your direction almost immediately and do nothing to really help you

Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:00 am

MGN Username: Shine!
Currently Playing: Minecraft Bedrock & Roblox
Waifu: All guys from Free!
FedoraTheExplorer wrote:
Im referring to how after you reflect it, if it wasnt in gale it will turn right back your direction almost immediately and do nothing to really help you

Ya TSON said alot of projectiles are glitched and don't power shield properly.

Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:29 am
YIM

MGN Username: Mr Tunra_23
Currently Playing: SSB64, SSBM, SSBB, Project M, SSF2, MK9, Pokemon Showdown
Am I the only one who didn't experienced a problem shielding links projectiles?

SSB64 Main:Image

SSBM Main:Image

SSBB Main:Image

Project M Main:Image

SSF2 Main: Image

Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:21 am

FedoraTheExplorer wrote:

Sounds like it reflects 'properly", just gale continues on as if nothing happened.

Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:18 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
The broken gale effect can actually be an advantage, because Link can't use it for a while after you PS it.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:36 pm

MGN Username: gEmssbguy13
Currently Playing: Smash Bros, FNaF, Undertale, GMod, Delver, Xenoblade, ect...
Link vs Chibi Robo, 70/30

Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:54 pm

MGN Username: SoldierSunday
Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2
YouTube Video:

Almost an hours worth of Link vs DK lol, enjoy doe

" You know what neither Melee nor Brawl have ? Controller input history in training mode." - 228zip, 2013

Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:31 pm

MGN Username: DJSKRELP
Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2
In fighting link, kirby's neutral and back air can cancel out link's arrows and boomerang if timed right. Kirby can gimp link be linking back-airs to get link farther from the stage.

Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:32 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Jammy
How should I approach the shiek vs. link matchup? On battlefield, a link was just camping under a ledge and spamming projectiles until I approached. If I got hit by a boomerang, he smash attacked me when it pulled me in. I couldn't approach from above due to him spamming bomb arrows above the platforms. I tried approaching with a running shield, but the ranged grab often got me and my shield got quickly worn down from all the projectiles. Whenever I got in close enough, he would just run away to the other side and do the same thing. I also found it hard to edgeguard him due to his upB knocking me away. I eventually resorted to spamming teleport at him with zelda, but I want to know how to beat link as shiek. Any tips?

Youtube         Twitch

<insert giant anime gif here>

Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:40 am

Jammy wrote:
How should I approach the shiek vs. link matchup? On battlefield, a link was just camping under a ledge and spamming projectiles until I approached. If I got hit by a boomerang, he smash attacked me when it pulled me in. I couldn't approach from above due to him spamming bomb arrows above the platforms. I tried approaching with a running shield, but the ranged grab often got me and my shield got quickly worn down from all the projectiles. Whenever I got in close enough, he would just run away to the other side and do the same thing. I also found it hard to edgeguard him due to his upB knocking me away. I eventually resorted to spamming teleport at him with zelda, but I want to know how to beat link as shiek. Any tips?

Head over to my buddy sparty88, best Sheik I've played. Pretty knowledgable on Sheik MUs.

Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:20 pm

MGN Username: sparty88
Unfortunately it's probably Sheik's toughest MU. There's no cookie cutter approach to it, and it varies pretty drastically depending on the stage (Link on FD is just the worst). You have to accept the fact that you're going to have to do 10x more work than he is and play smart. Nair approaching is pretty much out of the question unless you sneak in a needle. Dash attacking is also risky. Just stay close but out of range from his uspec and his grab. Use needles to create openings and let your hatred of Link fuel your combos.

Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:19 pm

sparty88 wrote:
Unfortunately it's probably Sheik's toughest MU. There's no cookie cutter approach to it, and it varies pretty drastically depending on the stage (Link on FD is just the worst). You have to accept the fact that you're going to have to do 10x more work than he is and play smart. Nair approaching is pretty much out of the question unless you sneak in a needle. Dash attacking is also risky. Just stay close but out of range from his uspec and his grab. Use needles to create openings and let your hatred of Link fuel your combos.

Using hatred as a tool to fuel your combos can be good or bad. Not sure about that piece of advice.

Anger or hatred can really make you reckless more than anything. Which may, in a sense, throw your opponent off guard.
But, it could also really keep you from keeping momentum if you're too busy relying on that to keep you going. Especially if you're suddenly winning.
Since you're probably filled with confidence at this point, I'd say one or two small smack(s) or flitch(es) could definitely throw you off to a panic/defensive state. Which isn't good if they all the sudden get in control of the match.

Once in that state, you might be stuck there if unfortunate enough. As your brain simply wouldn't know how to react, so it's important to play smart and keep your cool.
More than anything, you're brain will most likely be thinking along the lines of "...crud...he/she got through... NOW what?"

It's one thing to play aggressive and smart, but it's another thing to play aggressive and reckless.

Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:24 pm
 [ 379 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 26  Next