The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 3:07 am

[ 447 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 30  Next
McLeodGaming Mafia IV [Layton] 

Currently Playing: Fable III
It's actually not implausible to have four investigative roles when you have a normal/insane/paranoid or similar cop. Investigative roles also include tracker/watcher/detective etc. etc. Detective would be broken, though.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:21 am

3 days until the deadline and we have 3 investigation roles claims. What bugs me though is that 194 could of bend the rules as much as he likes so we don't know the exact abilities of each investigation roles. Genis seems to be straight forward cop role, while crabby and DJ wizard seems to be some other sort of investigation roles that stray far from the normal cop. Maybe they receive there investigation in a more passive manner. I really doubt that there are three investigation roles, but I will settle for two though. One of them is probably a mafia and crabbyman66 is my guess. Granny doesn't have much investigation meaning, while Layton seems like sensible choice for a investigation role don't you think? Anyways as for whoever the doctor is I suggest they either defend genis or DJ wizard, especially if it does turn out that crabby is a mafia.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:26 pm

Currently Playing: Fable III
*cough*
Deadline is today :/

Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:49 pm

Fly or Die wrote:
*cough*
Deadline is today :/

Oh... Damn I think I misread 194 post.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:01 pm

MGN Username: masterp443
Currently Playing: v0.9b
Concrete vote: crabbyman66 I can't trust a thing he says. His roleclaim was bogus, he's obviously teaming with Brik, the the so-called "No Lynch" advocate who still has his vote on Gold/DVDV, after pointing out how advantageous it is for the town not to lynch day one. It's clear that they tried to seem as protown as possible while still being anti-town. If it weren't for DJ Wiz, Gold, and Tid (who debunked the ruse of who I suspect to be mafia), the most protown players here, we'd be playing right into the Mafia's hands by giving them a free kill. You know what would happen next if we voted no lynch today? A townie (most likely the town protective role, if there is one) will die, there will be at least 3 reports (One from DJ, from crabby, and Genis) and mass town confusion. With one less town member (or maybe two less, seeing that we might have a serial killer/vig who shoots n1 on our hands, or both lol), the mafia could either A)force a nl, or B)get the rest of the town to believe their fake reports.

@Therestofthetown: Please reconsider your vote for no lynch. We're playing right into the hands of the mafia.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:26 pm

MGN Username: Pach
I'm still undecided at this point, although with the deadline being today, I really don't think that that matters.
That being said, Panthera, what do you find bogus about Crabby's claim? I can understand being suspicious of Brik, seeing as he was talking about how advantageous it would be for the town not to lynch today, then goes ahead and votes for Gold, but why Crabby? I realize that he hasn't posted much, but he probably just hasn't been on. Unless you have a different reason.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:39 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
Sheesh. Triple ninja'd.

Let us assume that in a game of Professor Layton Mafia, someone is going to have the role of Professor Layton. It just makes sense. If DJ Wizard's claim is indeed true, and I'm assuming it is because it has been a full day and no one has counter-claimed, then that clears Believeblood as well. Why? DJ claimed to have proof of Believeblood's innocence because of a mason-like relationship. What mason-like relation is Professor Layton most likely to have? Why, none other than his faithful apprentice, Luke Triton!

Thus, with two people cleared, the leaves ten possible suspects. Let's attempt to whittle that number down a little bit more by answering Crabby's question.

crabbyman66 wrote:
Any reason why Genis is trusted more than me? Is it because I claimed first?

The thing is, Genis has proven in past Mafia games that he is a terrible liar. Now, maybe he has gotten his act together and is playing a much more convincing scum than he did last time, but I don't think that the likeliest possibility. You, on the other hand, played in a way that seems contrary to how you played last game. In MG Mafia 3, you were able to read everyone but DJ Wiz completely accurately. Thus, I know that you are a smart guy. It seems to me that someone such as yourself would have been much more careful about revealing his role if he were actually what he claimed to be. What if the Mafia has a role blocker? Protection wouldn't be much use if you couldn't use your ability. It seems to me that you jumped on the chance to clear yourself without thinking of the possible implications.

For those reasons, you are the least trustworthy of the three investigative role claimers thus far.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:44 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
Apologies for the double post, but the no editing rule and all that.

I wanted to point out that if anyone has the Inspector Chelmey role, I have a suspicion that you might be the equivalent of an insane cop, due to the fact that Layton often has to correct Chelmey's conclusions.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:48 pm

MGN Username: masterp443
Currently Playing: v0.9b
Pachino wrote:
That being said, Panthera, what do you find bogus about Crabby's claim?

First, he claims with the most vague and obvious role possible:
crabbyman66 wrote:
[REGARDING AN AMBIGUOUS INVESTIGATIVE ROLE]That would be me then. That's one of the main reasons I wanted to wait for the next day and nl. I would be able to have accurate info on at least one person. Armed with the results of my investigation, and the actions of individuals during day 1 and night 1, we would be very likely to lynch mafia on day 2.

He claims to be an investigative role, without giving any indication as to what type it is. Is it some sort of tracker, cop, watcher, etc.?

Then, he tries to cover himself up after seeing Genis' clearly written out and almost completely credible role claim:
Genis wrote:
I am an investigator. My name is Dr. Andrew Schrader, the Mentor.

When confronted with this impromptu claim, seeing how he did not come up to par with the role he claimed, Crabby then goes "in detail":

crabbyman66 wrote:
I wasn't aware that one would need to name a Layton character to be viewed as credible.

Granny Riddleton, town reminder is my character. Although I am a type of investigator, the information I receive is most likely different from what Genis receives. It shouldn't be too surprising for there to be more than one investigative roles.

Oh sure, crabby. You knew that you had to name a Layton character. You're the same one who used the Layton Wiki to find "Don Paolo", who we believe to be the godfather. How you not know we needed to name Layton characters to be viewed credible? That's the whole point of the theme (LAYTON Mafia), and the fact that 194 did not post a role list, FORCING US TO CLAIM WITH THE LAYTON NAMES.

Crabby over-exerted himself. He tried to hard to be pro-town. However, he fakeclaimed an investigative role, KNOWING that we have no way of knowing said role exists without a formal role list.

My vote still stands.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:56 pm

Currently Playing: Namco Museum Megamix
How confusing. Well, since new developments have occurred since I last posted, I'm starting to rethink my vote. It's true, Crabby; you're being a little too obvious with your attempts to make us believe you're an investigator. Why should we believe you after your ambiguous claim and your too-little-too-late attempt to clarify?

Concrete vote: crabbyman66

Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:13 pm
YIM

MGN Username: Pach
Yeah, Panthera has pretty good evidence against you Crabby. Face it, you've been caught.

Vote: Crabbyman66

Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:34 pm

Currently Playing: Awesomenauts, SSBB, Project M
kevinb1229 wrote:
How confusing. Well, since new developments have occurred since I last posted, I'm starting to rethink my vote. It's true, Crabby; you're being a little too obvious with your attempts to make us believe you're an investigator. Why should we believe you after your ambiguous claim and your too-little-too-late attempt to clarify?

Concrete vote: crabbyman66

*cough*Bandwagon*cough*

Anyway, I agree that Panthera has good evidence, but I still don't think it's a good reason to lynch Crabby. I'm not going to vote today, as I don't have evidence. If Crabby someone lives this day, I'll investigate him. DJ Wiz, if you are Layton, investigate someone else, like Panthera. That way, we can see who is scum or not (depending on if none of us are paranoid or insane Horrible memories/. So horrible.).

Hey, 194, can I have a vote count?

Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:07 pm

Currently Playing: Fire Emblem (6-9), Shadow Dragon, Infamous, SSB, GNT4
Pachino wrote:
Yeah, Panthera has pretty good evidence against you Crabby. Face it, you've been caught.

Um...what evidence?

His evidence is that I didn't state a name when I first claimed.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:09 pm

Currently Playing: Awesomenauts, SSBB, Project M
Panthera Leo wrote:

Oh sure, crabby. You knew that you had to name a Layton character. You're the same one who used the Layton Wiki to find "Don Paolo", who we believe to be the godfather. How you not know we needed to name Layton characters to be viewed credible? That's the whole point of the theme (LAYTON Mafia), and the fact that 194 did not post a role list, FORCING US TO CLAIM WITH THE LAYTON NAMES.

It's not good, but I can still understand it.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:12 pm

Currently Playing: Fire Emblem (6-9), Shadow Dragon, Infamous, SSB, GNT4
Genis wrote:
Panthera Leo wrote:

Oh sure, crabby. You knew that you had to name a Layton character. You're the same one who used the Layton Wiki to find "Don Paolo", who we believe to be the godfather. How you not know we needed to name Layton characters to be viewed credible?
The purpose of this was to attempt to predict what roles the mafia had so that we knew what we were dealing with. This has nothing to do with having to say a name when claiming to be credible

That's the whole point of the theme (LAYTON Mafia), and the fact that 194 did not post a role list, FORCING US TO CLAIM WITH THE LAYTON NAMES.
The theme was simply because unknown likes the layton series. The game having a theme does not "force" people to claim a certain way.

It's not good, but I can still understand it.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:23 pm
 [ 447 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 30  Next