The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 6:38 am

[ 971 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 65  Next
McLeodGaming Mafia XII [All Stars] 
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Dota 2, BoI: Rebirth, Fallout 4, Bloodborne, MGSV
Brik was already voting Terra at that time. I'm pretty sure he still is.

AMA

Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:48 pm

Brik is voting for Dephius now.

Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:08 pm

Currently Playing: Fire Emblem (6-9), Shadow Dragon, Infamous, SSB, GNT4
DJ Wizard Cop wrote:
@Crabby: Terra acted so blasted scummy after I voted for him the first time that I'm having a hard time believing you didn't see it.

Don't believe you ever voted for him.

And no, I don't see it, and I don't think I'm the only one.

Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:41 pm

Currently Playing: Fire Emblem (6-9), Shadow Dragon, Infamous, SSB, GNT4
nevermind, found the post.

His reaction to your vote is a bit surprising, and I can see how that could be viewed as scummy. But this was pg 15. Still not sure what was considered scummy about his actions before this.

Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:46 pm

I think he tried to get multiple votes on you to pressure you into posting or something?

It was the beginning of the game and I really didn't see the need to do that.

Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:56 pm

Currently Playing: SFV-FI: Shenanigans
Wow, I go to school for a day and the number of pages rises. Sorry guys.
So I read through the last couple of pages, and man things are f*** up, it's like everyones just pointing fingers in some sort of logical, yet random way, and because of that, I know that No-Lynching is about as helpful as Lynching with how suspicious everyone is, I'm still going to retain my vote of No Lynch.

(This is the only recorded instance of this happening)

Term wrote:
i am a huge advocate of your right to whine like a b****

Kuro Kagami wrote:
i have problems with colors

i mean i have problems in general but colors tend to be a recurring issue

Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:06 am

Currently Playing: FE6-8, Radiant Historia, TWEWY
OK. I live in Asia and I come back from school to see that there's a ton of pages. In 135's words:
135 wrote:
Eep.

Lucina wrote:
I think he tried to get multiple votes on you to pressure you into posting or something?

Crabby had not posted yet and we were about four pages in, so I saw the need to pressure him into posting.

135 wrote:
IN before the Mafia people are just sitting back and watching as the Town-people argue and suspect each other :/

In other woords, be careful of those not deeply involved in the discussion; their RELATIVE lack of activity doesn't make them very suspicious, but IMO they aren't much less suspicious than the active-but-conflicted people either.

In fact, we should be cynical of everyone, no matter how town they look. They could always be scum directing the town towards bad bandwagons.

Sig courtesy of Arthur: eternally grateful.

Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:33 am
BR Member

Currently Playing: Chaconne
First of all I don't understand in the slightest why voting for myself on my very first post is scummy.
Look at MG 8. Brik votes for himself, and you say that Day 1 is about baseless accusations and warping the words of others.
All in all it seems like an extremely lame argument to try to get the pressure off Terra and on to me. :/

Why Terra is scummy: From page 0 to page 11, scum vibes.

From page 12, here's some reasoning:
Believeblood wrote:
Man that's a lot of post I have to read through. Sorry I couldn't get on yesterday, Internet was acting up.
Anyways Here is what I got from reading the past 4 or so pages.
First I really doubt that there is a RM kind of role. Mostly because void agreed to be the puppet before mafia 5 had started(making it kind of justified.) pulling something like that in a real mafia game would be quite a dick move on 194 part.
Second I find terra slightly scummy. He says that he voted for crabby to put pressure on him and as soon as someone points this out he immediately moves away from his pressure vote. Still this could be simply because crabby wasn't reacting, but it's fishy non the less.
Also, just a little guess, I think two roles were taken from each mafia game, since there are 6 games 194 is basing the role off from and 12 of us. (12 divided by 6 equals 2.)

And I think you know the rest.

So yeah, Crabby and Terra for mafia buddy tier.

Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:39 am

Currently Playing: FE6-8, Radiant Historia, TWEWY
DJ Wizard Cop wrote:
First of all I don't understand in the slightest why voting for myself on my very first post is scummy.
Look at MG 8. Brik votes for himself, and you say that Day 1 is about baseless accusations and warping the words of others.
All in all it seems like an extremely lame argument to try to get the pressure off Terra and on to me. :/

Believeblood wrote:
Man that's a lot of post I have to read through. Sorry I couldn't get on yesterday, Internet was acting up.
First I really doubt that there is a RM kind of role. Mostly because void agreed to be the puppet before mafia 5 had started(making it kind of justified.) pulling something like that in a real mafia game would be quite a dick move on 194 part.
Second I find terra slightly scummy. He says that he voted for crabby to put pressure on him and as soon as someone points this out he immediately moves away from his pressure vote. Still this could be simply because crabby wasn't reacting, but it's fishy non the less.
Also, just a little guess, I think two roles were taken from each mafia game, since there are 6 games 194 is basing the role off from and 12 of us. (12 divided by 6 equals 2.)

Could you care to give be exact quotes on why I "seem scummy"? You haven't actually given me proof that my actions earlygame were scummy. And BB's reasoning. When I had unvoted, Crabby hat already started posting, which was the goal of my vote in the first place.

Sig courtesy of Arthur: eternally grateful.

Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:50 am
BR Member

Currently Playing: Chaconne
No, looking back, it's not worth it. I could probably make a case and stuff but I'm not making the same mistake as MG 9.

Vote's staying on you for now.

Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:00 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
DJ Wizard Cop wrote:

I don't see that, personally. It looks more like Crabby being his usual skeptical town self.

And just to clear this up once and for all, I was already voting for Terra when I made the "Choo-Choo" post.

Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:15 pm

Currently Playing: Dota 2, CSGO, MGSV
Iso'ing is really annoying here. I'm just gonna find the scummy parts.

Terra wrote:
Let's get some pressure going, shall we?
Vote:Crabby
@DJ Wizard Cop
Mg Mafia 5 did have a lot of PRs. I think the same should apply here, as everyone will probably end up with a PR. Especially since some overpowered stuff may be in. I'm expecting 3 mafia with formidable powers.
I would lol @Roy's inclusion as well, but maybe he gets just his roleblock only?

Pressure, or trying to start a bandwagon.

Terra wrote:
Fly or Die wrote:
Role comfirmed.

Stupid pony cult.

Didn't notice this.
>Implying he's pony cult.

Terra wrote:
TheOneWhoKnocks wrote:
The way I see it, crabby not posting at all might mean he doesn't know the game started. Deph has posted before, meaning he knows the game started and it seems he might be not posting deliberately.

I believed I haven't cleared this up yet. Crabby was the last to confirm, and so he would know if the game has started.
Unvote:Crabby

Fly or Die wrote:
To clarify, when I said "stupid pony cult" I was commenting to the poster above me.

I understand.

I'm a bit confused over how 135 is cop and how I'm obvious scum.

I can understand the confusion to be honest, you guys were being vague and not explaining yourselves.
@TOWK: Why not put a little more pressure on Crabby?

Kind of pushing, isn't he?

Terra wrote:
TheOneWhoKnocks wrote:
How is that implying he's pony cult?

By saying "stupid pony cult", he may be implying that he got it again. Could be referring to his past game though.
Just put a little pressure on each one to come out one by one. It won't hurt.

Kind of pushing, isn't he?

Terra wrote:
TheOneWhoKnocks wrote:
The way I see it, crabby not posting at all might mean he doesn't know the game started. Deph has posted before, meaning he knows the game started and it seems he might be not posting deliberately.

I believed I haven't cleared this up yet. Crabby was the last to confirm, and so he would know if the game has started.
Unvote:Crabby

Fly or Die wrote:
To clarify, when I said "stupid pony cult" I was commenting to the poster above me.

I understand.

I'm a bit confused over how 135 is cop and how I'm obvious scum.

To be fair, I would be confused to. Brik and BB were being vague.

Terra wrote:
TheOneWhoKnocks wrote:
@BB
1. What's an RM?
2. I like your read on Terra.
Vote: Terra
Tried to get me to put an inactive under some serious pressure, doesn't really post much content other than speculating on the setup, and then what BB pointed out.

I believe I should be discussing more recent matters, right? While it's true that I haven't been discussing much other than speculation on setup, there was little to discuss on other than to make illogical conclusions on players.

About NLing-I'm guessing, as I've said before, that everyone should have a PR, but with a VT or two. Lynching would probably make a town PR go away, especially if we completely lynch at random.

I didn't explain when I voted for Crabby, but it was just a little pressure to get him to post a bit more. It worked.

@TOWK: Didn't you mention that some pressure is better than none? There were only two votes on Crabby at one point.

Defense

Terra wrote:
TheOneWhoKnocks wrote:
Terra wrote:
@TOWK: Didn't you mention that some pressure is better than none? There were only two votes on Crabby at one point.

These two statements have nothing to do with each other. At the point you told me to put more pressure on Crabby, he had two votes on him. Putting another on him would have been some serious pressure. Three votes is a hell of a lot more than none.

It takes seven to lynch. He's nowhere close to L-2. Of course it's more, but it's pressure to get him into the game.

Moar defense

Spoilers are messing up so I'll finish it in the next post.

Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:03 pm

Currently Playing: Dota 2, CSGO, MGSV
Terra wrote:
This post would be a little diverting at time, so I hope you understand.
Brikmaninoff wrote:
Haha, guys. I don't think TheOneWhoKnocks is mafia. Barring new evidence, I will hold the same opinion even if Terra flips as scum. The guy hasn't done a thing to make me suspect him. Additionally, Void is right in saying that setting up "if A = Town then B = Mafia"-type equations this early in the game is stupid. That wasn't my goal though. I said what I said to draw out posts like this one:

Lucina wrote:
I'm more suspicious of TOWK and Brik than Terra, at the moment.

Thanks to the above, I am convinced that Terra and Lucina are scum buddies. The latter comes in and tries to turn the heat on both people that he feels are threatening his partner, but with nary a word to back himself up. He gets called on his lack of reasoning and makes up an argument that feels rather lame and contrived. I'm good with lynching either him or his partner.

Also, just so you guys know, wagons aren't bad. They get stuff done and move the game along, especially on Day 1. Voting patterns are one of the best scum-tells, but those can only be picked up on when votes start to have meaning behind them. Wagons are good and should not be eschewed like seems to be the case so far in this game.

I just have a few questions/comments towards Brik, unless stated otherwise:
Why am I more suspicious than TOWK when I have already explained myself completely?
You seem very attached to TOWK, as if you're certain he's town. He could be playing very good scum.
I have a feeling you only just came up with that explanation(to draw out reactions) to cover up, but I'm nabout this. ot sure
And why do you theorize a scum connection between Lucina and myself when Lucina has only stated one thing about me the entire game? Truth be told, there isn't much of an explanation, which doesn't look good. But to be so confident that both me and Lucina are scum says something, and it's not just about strengthening your reads.

@Lucina
Lucina wrote:
Just seems to me like you guys are hoping to get a bandwagon on Terra, then (after we find out he's town), you'll accuse one of the later bandwagoners or the person who hammered of being scum.

Just a theory, though.

@Lucina: The people who drive the lynch are usually held responsible for the lynch, especially if they push hard. Refer to MG Mafia 11, where I was eventually lynched when Nixter flipped town.

I dunno why, call it gut instinct, but I'm getting scum vibes from this post. Instead of answering himself as he claimed to do in the past, he tries to divert heat onto brik.

Terra wrote:
@DJ Wizard Cop: Brik's vote is still on me.

I'm starting to have a little suspicion of DJ Wizard Cop. Out of nowhere, he suddenly comes in and votes for me, without posting any reasons other than "seems scummy.".

This has been explained, DJ has a plan.

Terra wrote:
Believeblood wrote:
Terra wrote:
@DJ Wizard Cop: Brik's vote is still on me.

I'm starting to have a little suspicion of DJ Wizard Cop. Out of nowhere, he suddenly comes in and votes for me, without posting any reasons other than "seems scummy.".

Nope I'm not letting this one slide, if DJ really wanted you dead he wouldn't have followed up with if anyone else votes for terra you're on my list.
At this point it really just looks like you're trying to make someone else look suspicious.

It's still a bit weird that he voted for me without any reasoning, and then tells everyone not to vote for me. That is definitely unusual, and I'm not going to ignore it, especially after what he's said previously leant more towards Brik being suspicious.

See above*

Terra wrote:
Lucina wrote:

Crabby had not posted yet and we were about four pages in, so I saw the need to pressure him into posting.

135 wrote:
IN before the Mafia people are just sitting back and watching as the Town-people argue and suspect each other :/

In other woords, be careful of those not deeply involved in the discussion; their RELATIVE lack of activity doesn't make them very suspicious, but IMO they aren't much less suspicious than the active-but-conflicted people either.

In fact, we should be cynical of everyone, no matter how town they look. They could always be scum directing the town towards bad bandwagons.

Defense, agreeing with 135 (just a note interpret that however you want)

Terra wrote:
DJ Wizard Cop wrote:

Believeblood wrote:

Could you care to give be exact quotes on why I "seem scummy"? You haven't actually given me proof that my actions earlygame were scummy. And BB's reasoning. When I had unvoted, Crabby hat already started posting, which was the goal of my vote in the first place.

DJ, if you want to take this guy out, don't be scared of past mistakes. Either make the case, or explain yourself.

That took a while.

Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:09 pm

Currently Playing: Fable III
All right, here are my thoughts. I have FoSs on DJ Wiz, Terra, TOWK and Deph. Prepare for a long post.

DJWiz: show
DJ Wizard Cop wrote:
TheOneWhoKnocks wrote:
Vote: DJ Wizard Cop

Omigudnis u suck.

Vote: DJ Wizard Cop
Rather bizzarre. He appears to be joking, but there's still no reason for him to do this.
Lucina wrote:
We're about as serious as you are mafia.
Seems strange thing to say. I don't see any reason a townie would post this; it seems like a joke that borders on an accusation.
DJ Wiz's response:
DJ Wizard Cop wrote:
Oh, I was wrong. Kk just replace TOHK with Lucina.
Apparently Lucina is now "covering" for scum Terra and Deph. Which is not true.

On a side note, we have Brik's interesting
Brikmaninoff wrote:
This is the part where Lucina tries to link himself to DJ Wizard so that in the event we find out the former is scum, we lynch the latter without a thought.

Just a heads up.
Which Void and others have already addressed.

Terra: show
Terra wrote:
@TOWK: Why not put a little more pressure on Crabby?
When you're trying to put preassure on an inactive, 2 vs. 3 votes is pretty much the same. He goes on remove his vote when Crabby responds, which is called "scummy"? Although, Terra did blotch up his exmplanation, which is scummy.

Deph: show
I don't have specific examples. His post just smell like scum to me. Although, "I can't think clearly right now" doesn't strike me as an excuse that scum would use.

TOWK: show
Mainly one thing: he pushes hard for Terra's lynch, then, in a single leap:
TheOneWhoKnocks wrote:
Unvote
Honestly, I'm nitpicking the s*** out Terra's posts too much. I was really just trying to get more conversation started anyway. It's good to test for reactions. Unfortunately, I haven't really gotten anything though :/ . I dont want this to turn into another lynch like Nixter last game

Do boxes still get mad when you quote them? If so, please don't quote my post.

Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:58 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Dota 2, BoI: Rebirth, Fallout 4, Bloodborne, MGSV
@FoD, I explained why I backed off
TheOneWhoKnocks wrote:
Crabby, the reason I backed off of Terra was because I realized I was doing the same thing I did to Nixter last game. I didn't want to rush to a lynch because it would most likely end up being a mislynch. But although I was nitpicking, I still find Terra suspicious and wouldn't be opposed to his lynch.

Also, whenever someone brings up DJWC as scummy, they always seem to mention his self-vote at the very beginning of the game. I don't see what's so bad about that, it was a joke. I honestly don't see a self vote as scummy anyway, unless it's a self-hammer.

AMA

Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:07 pm
 [ 971 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 65  Next