The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 5:29 pm

[ 362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 25  Next
Sheik 
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Suli Hyuga wrote:
So I was playing Anther's ranked and got Counter Picked on Sky Sanctuary Zone. Turns out the drop from both ends of the main plat form (where the ground is slightly elevated) gives you enough time to pop out a surprise fair.
Just something cool I found.
#Afairica

Oh yeah and if someone wants to test this, this will probably work with a lot more chars and aerials. gg.

Zelda's lightning kicks come out fast enough for this to work rofl

I used this in conjunction with autocanceling in my Smash Flash Impossible 2 video to make the characters do circles on that drop off, it looks really funny lol

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:28 pm

MGN Username: ShadowAssasin2600
gg thread, also, I love Sheik's Uthrow

Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:14 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Suli Hyuga
Speaking of throws, can we talk about the best throw to combo into?
I only ever use throws to apply pressure or to fthrow > short hop fair to kill.

My YouTube page! Subscribe! (Currently on hiatus)
My twitter!

Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:21 am

MGN Username: Corvid_Crow
Currently Playing: With nice hens out there...
All of sheik's throw's can be di'd a lot, but i find uthrow uair to be a good kill confirm at certain percents
and yes you can read and kill off of your opponents di out

:ichigo: :gameandwatch: :isaac: :bowser: :luigi: :lloyd: :chibirobo: :bomberman: :metaknight: :megaman: :donkeykong: :sonic: :samus: Image Image

Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:54 am

MGN Username: ShadowYoshi360
Currently Playing: SSF2 Beta, Pokemon Moon, SSB4, Mario Kart 7
Waifu: Makoto (Blazblue)
F-throw is best imo since it's a nice medium between D-throw and U-throw and leads into F-air and U-air pretty decently, but all of them are pretty good DI mixups for each other. I do think that D-throw's kind of mediocre past mid percents though because of the knockback growth. B-throw's angle at the ledge is super nasty.

Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:21 am

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
Jaguar3600 wrote:
F-throw is best imo since it's a nice medium between D-throw and U-throw and leads into F-air and U-air pretty decently, but all of them are pretty good DI mixups for each other. I do think that D-throw's kind of mediocre past mid percents though because of the knockback growth. B-throw's angle at the ledge is super nasty.

Forward throw isn't that great because of little hitstun, up throw is her best throw for combos, chain grabs and kill confirms.

If their was more hitstun on forward throw, it would be better for combos and a chain grab on high fallers. Its best suited for low percentage strings and a tech chaser on fast fallers.

To me, down throw is her worst throw because if the opponent d.i.s thier is little room for follow ups.

Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:22 pm

MGN Username: ShadowYoshi360
Currently Playing: SSF2 Beta, Pokemon Moon, SSB4, Mario Kart 7
Waifu: Makoto (Blazblue)
Lord doughnut wrote:
Jaguar3600 wrote:

Forward throw isn't that great because of little hitstun, up throw is her best throw for combos, chain grabs and kill confirms.

If their was more hitstun on forward throw, it would be better for combos and a chain grab on high fallers. Its best suited for low percentage strings and a tech chaser on fast fallers.

To me, down throw is her worst throw because if the opponent d.i.s thier is little room for follow ups.

Yeah that's true, I can agree on that. DI affects F-throw a lot.

Sheik throw ranking:
A - U-throw
B - F-throw, B-throw
C - D-throw

Worth noting that D-throw can be fallen back on to kill at like 150%, but Sheik should generally be killing way earlier than that anyways.

Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:46 pm

No one is gonna say anything about sheiks soft nair into up smash? It works at very specific percents and is useful on floaty characters.

Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:23 pm

MGN Username: ShadowAssasin2600
Dash attack --> Fair is better than everything. That's why.

Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:13 pm

Currently Playing: DOTA 2, League of Legends, Warframe
Waifu: ZSS
I think I've managed to do some sort of lagless Vanish where I appear to have no landing animation, but I always react too slowly to it to throw out a move and test it. Anyone know if this is possible?

Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:36 pm

I'm not sure if this is intentional, but I'm pretty sure that as long as Shiek reappears in the air there won't be any landing lag. I think that answer your question.

Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:15 pm

Currently Playing: DOTA 2, League of Legends, Warframe
Waifu: ZSS
Alright, that makes sense, but then I must've been in the air for like 0.1 seconds

Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:33 am

MGN Username: PerfectDarkest_
Currently Playing: Kid Icarus Uprising, SSBB, SSBPM, SSB4, SSF2 Overwatch, TF2, Sonic, Mega Man, Super Meat Boy
Waifu: Samus (Not real)
I hope Sheik and Zelda are made separate characters, so that Sheik can have her Sm4sh Down-B, Bouncing Fish, which is one of the most satisfying moves to land in the game. That in itself will be Zelda's nerf, as she is one of the best characters right now.

MAIN: :sora:
SECONDARY:
FOR FUN: :lloyd: :marth: :yoshi: :tails: :donkeykong: :mario: :jigglypuff: :sheik:

MAINS WHEN BETA RELEASES: :sora: and Pit.
SECONDARIES WHEN BETA RELEASES: Pac Man.

HOPING FOR: Shulk, Mewtwo, Villager, Cloud, Ragna the Bloodedge (He will never happen, but I can dream)

Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:36 am
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
JozzoRobber wrote:
I hope Sheik and Zelda are made separate characters, so that Sheik can have her Sm4sh Down-B, Bouncing Fish, which is one of the most satisfying moves to land in the game. That in itself will be Zelda's nerf, as she is one of the best characters right now.

Or sheik can lose the useless chain :pikachu:

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:30 pm

MGN Username: colm016
JozzoRobber wrote:

last time I looked at the tier list sheik was right next to zelda so nerfing zelda by changing her down B and buffing sheik by giving her bouncing fish could put sheik in S tier and move zelda down a few spaces so I think they shouldn't be seperated

Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:53 pm
 [ 362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 25  Next