The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 11:39 pm

[ 447 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 30  Next
McLeodGaming Mafia IV [Layton] 

Currently Playing: Fable III
DP :)

I think I figured it out. Crabby is the third-party role and an amnesiac. He chose to take Kevin's abilities. IIRC Kevin's role in the games had a time machine. He could easily travel to the past/future and thus avoid being lynched.

Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:39 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
Blast it all. I can't believe I didn't see this earlier. If Crabby was indeed innocent, then offing Gold was the perfect ploy to get the town to bandwagon him without a second thought. Argh.

Alas, unless we have a role that can rewind time, then our only option at this point is to move forward. The following are my thoughts on the possible ways that Crabby's disappearance might might have been brought about. Bear in mind that all of them could work with any of the three alignments.

a) Crabby has an ability that allows him to avoid being lynched by disappearing.
b) Crabby is in fact dead, but because of his role, we won't know his alignment until later.
c) Crabby has some sort of time travel ability, or was affected by someone with a role like that. Maybe he shows up tomorrow and gets lynched then?
d) Crabby himself has nothing to do with his disappearance. Perhaps some sort of kidnapping role exists? Again, such a role could be associated with either party.

Actually, now that I think of it, Kevinb was some sort of time traveling inventor. It could be that he had the ability to send people through time, and that his Night 1 decision affected Crabby just now.

Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:49 pm

Brikmaethor wrote:
Blast it all. I can't believe I didn't see this earlier. If Crabby was indeed innocent, then offing Gold was the perfect ploy to get the town to bandwagon him without a second thought. Argh.

...I didn't see this earlier?

Crabby may indeed be innocent then.

EDIT: Forgot to add, we have no other leads and thus nothing to do. Unless we begin to ask everyone to claim.

Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:51 pm

Currently Playing: Awesomenauts, SSBB, Project M
Guys, here is my report.

In the looks of it, Panthera Leo is innocent. Either that, or he is godfather. I just know that I got innocent on him.

Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:00 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: Chaconne
Isn't it obvious?

Crabby is Simon. DUH. I even warned that this was going to happen.
And since Bruno is dead...

Either that or Crabby took the time machine.

Leo's clear in my books. I'ma Vote Brikmeathor

Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:06 pm

MGN Username: 194
Currently Playing: most likely Celeste
Waifu: Curly Brace
DJ Wizard Cop edited a post, and will be punished with a mod vote during all this day.

Avatar and signature pics by Semicolon.

Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:11 pm

DJ Wizard Cop wrote:
Isn't it obvious?

Crabby is Simon. DUH. I even warned that this was going to happen.
[ Image ]
And since Bruno is dead...

Either that or Crabby took the time machine.

Leo's clear in my books. I'ma Vote Brikmeathor

When?

Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:18 pm
BR Member

Sorry everyone. Gotta say, I feel really dumb right now. I edited "Ins't" to "Isn't", even though it specifically says not to edit.

Of course, 194 never had to know and the only reason I told him is because I felt like being honest, but maybe in a game about lying that isn't such a great idea.

So yeah, my sincere apologies if I make another mistake and make use lose.

Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:52 pm
BR Member

I'd like to edit out that second line up there, but y'know...

Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:58 pm

Bruno's dead. That's not good. We've basically lost a townie (Crabby) due to lucky mafia guess :/

I have to say, though, however planned the killing of Gold was getting the town to bandwagon on Crabby's lynch. I'm doing a combination of scumhunting by reading the past pages and trying to figure out who would figure out something like that.

Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:04 pm

MGN Username: Pach
Brik seems smart enough to do this, and I do have slight suspicions of him. I'm not going to vote yet though.

Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:13 pm

MGN Username: masterp443
Currently Playing: v0.9b
Fly or Die wrote:
Agent/Spy role.

Pachino, what is with the sudden claim?

CONCRETE VOTE: FLY OR DIE
I don't know if this is some sort of role claim but regardless, I am the real spy role, Don Paolo.

Now before you guys go all DONPAOLO? MAFmMAFmafmAf!!@@11oneone!, I'd like to show you something that will pique your interest.

First of all, Fly or Die is the godfather, so don't even try to investigate him, he's going to read as a townie.
Second of all, Don Paolo ended up teaming up with Layton in some of the later games. He's not automatically an antagonist, he's a good guy in certain situations.

Feast your eyes:

UNKNOWN(194): Fly or Die, you have been invited by Don Paolo to chat in this quicktopic.
DON PAOLO(me):cOmE CHILE
& lET Us
c0nv3rs3
~~~~Donny Pauly
FLYORDIE(FOD):...what?

EDIT: Wait, are you the serial killer?
194:Regarding this channel:

You are allowed to post in this quicktopic in any time you wish. If you happen to talk about the game outside this quicktopic, you shall copypaste that conversation here.
Any information you decide to share here is only visible by you guys and me.
When any of you die, this channel will be closed.

EDIT: I strongly advise to click the "Get Email" button, so you can receive topic updates in your emails.
FOD:Yeah, you're the Serial Killer I bet.

Are you here to make a joint win?
ME:Oh yes. FIRST, i must InQuirE of yruo r0l3.
FOD:I am the Godfather.

SECOND, i must InQuirE of yruo nAm3 (Since you know mine).
ME:How do I know that I can trust you?
FOD:Trying to test things, eh?

1) You know my name. Since I have not officially done anything to clear me, it wouldn't be difficult for you to get my lynched. ESPECIALLY since you know I'm mafia.

2) Why would you request a topic with "Fly or Die"? I would assume you would request a topic with "The Mafia".

3) It's quite apparent that town will win if mafia and third-party do not help each other. Serial killer has ALWAYS had a friggin-little chance of victory due to the challenges posed by the win conditions-conditions, I might add, that are increased ten-fold with the addition of mafia. The mafia are almost screwed without you, too. With TWO remaining members, and one vunerable to one of our three/two investigators, we are almost bound to be whittled down to one by D4. Then, in a 6-2 town-nontown ratio scumhunting with claims would be notoriously easy.

4) If believed I have mentioned that it is easier for both of us to win if we collaborate. For example,
a) Serial killer works alone. He must eliminate 11 people and attempt to prevent himself from being lynched AND maf-killed. Not helped by the fact that town is more interested in killer than maf.
or b) Serial killer and mafia work together. They must eliminate 8 people and they can lose up to 2 people before being down to 1 killer 1 mafia. Even then, one of them could win.

Here is my request. You tell me your username and who you attempted to kill, and I will post our night actions, BOTH usernames, and abilities.
------
I strongly advise that all pro-town players vote to lynch Fly or Die. Unless if we have a protective/role blocking/switcharoo role around, I'm probably going to die the next night. Lynch Fly or Die.

Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:21 pm

This is completely true. Leo, you are valuable right now.
Vote: Fly or Die

Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:24 pm

MGN Username: Pach
Vote: Fly or Die.

Face it dude, you've been caught.

Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:25 pm

...well. I still am not sure about this whole situation. Don paolo has always been a villain in my eyes(even if he did team up with layton in the unwound future.)so I don't know if I can trust you. However, no matter which way you slice it ,the town gets something in the end. If we lynch Fly or die and he does turn out to be the godfather then we are at a huge advantage, and even if Fly or die is a townie then it's clear that Pathera is a mafia/third party(why would he go through the trouble of doing all this for one townie anyways?), we would then proceed to lynch him the next day and again we'll be at a advantage with only two non townies. We could proceed to either rely on DJ wizards and genis's roles or random lynch. Any objections?
Vote:Fly or Die
BTW the next time we have a mafia can we not put such cheap things such as this?

Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:36 pm
 [ 447 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 30  Next