The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 7:43 pm

[ 689 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 46  Next
"Expansion" Character Moveset Speculation 

MGN Username: Yoh-dono
Currently Playing: Playing the f*** out of Gundam Extreme VS. Full Boost
Waifu: Korra
DarkSwiftN wrote:
Kratos (Tales of Symphonia):

Kratos fights with a slowish speed with long range.

Jab - Three hits Change this to Six hits.
S-Tilt - Thrust with sword.
U-Tilt - Upwards Slash with sword held diagonally should just be a half circle slash.
D-Tilt - Downward 'poke' with sword Low slash would be best imo
Dash Attack - Fast Slash

Grab Range: Medium-High
Pummel - Sword Thrust
F-Throw - Stone Blast: Throw with two stones as a projectile
B-Throw - Throw similar to Lloyds
U-Throw - Slash followed by Upwards Slash. Does not chain throw.
D-Throw - Down Slash with minor horizontal knockback. Good Chain Throw.

S-Smash - Sonic Thrust: Similar to Lloyds, but with less start-up and damage+knockback
U-Smash - Light Spear Cannon: Slash followed by a multi-hit. Has similar knockback to Wario's final smash.
D-Smash - Guardian Field: (Similar to Ichigo's D-Smash)

N-Air - Twin Slash similar to Marth's N-Air (similar to a slash from his Up Special) What? That's a bad idea tbh it should be multiple slashes that make him hover in the air ever so slightly sorta like Versus, somewhat like his normal 6 hit combo.
F-Air - Forward Slash like Lloyd's F-Air
B-Air - Backwards slash
U-Air - Upwards slash in a forwards direction.
D-Air - Downwards slash that meteor smashes (like Marth's)

Neutral Special: Fierce Demon Fang - Chargeable with much more power than Lloyd's Demon Fang, but with less range. You might wanna give it a rocks effects to add onto extra range.
Side Special: Lightning Blade - Two hits, one with no knockback (can't be broken free from), and another causes knockback similar to Sora's Thundaga. tbh I think it would be best to just make the second hit add stun so you can combo afterwards but you can only cause the lighting stun effect once in a combo.
Up Special: Light Spear/Victory Light Spear - A move which involves him spinning in the air quickly that propels him higher than Link's Spin Attack. If the special/attack button is pressed, he will extend the move with a final hit.
Down Special: Judgement - Chargeable move that summons multiple beams of light, the number increase the longer it is charged.
Final Smash: Shining Bind: Traps the enemies and inflicts repeating damage (see this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKRZHElsTgw)

Taunts:
Up - Says "Blame your fate"
Down - Says "Too Slow"
Side - Starts casting a spell, and then cancels it.

You might wanna go play Tales of versus for reference, since a lot of these sound hella awkward for Smash use.
My comments in bold.

Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:46 pm

MGN Username: GokuisBeast
Expansion Character: Spider-Man
He appeared on the Amazing Spider-Man for Nintendo 3ds
Dash Attack
Spidey lunges at the opponent, then rolls afterwards. (7%)

Standards
Standard Att. 1: A simple jab (3%)
Standard Att. 2: Another jab (4%)
Standard Att. 3: A Powerful forward kick (7%)

Tilts
FTilt: A Flying kick (6%) Low KB.
DTilt: A Crouching leg sweep (5%) Actually causes opponent to trip/fall.
UTilt: A backflip that kicks any opponent near him (In front, above, or behind.) (9%) Causes high KB if hitting an opponent above him.

Smashes
FSmash: A Spinning Roundhouse. (16%/19%)
DSmash: An agile split, which connects on both sides. (14%/18%)
USmash: Spidey spins a web that shoots upward, grabbing as many as 3 opponents on that web, then yanks them down, smashing them to the floor.
The longer the charge, the higher the reach. (17%/21%)

Specials
NSpec: Spidey shoots a web ball. Size, distance, and damage depends on charge. (5-20%)(0-2 sec. stun)
FSpec: Spidey shoots a web string that causes multiple hit damage, then retracts back into his wrist. (2% for each hit, max. of 10 hits)
DSpec: Spidey sets a webtrap directly on the ground beneath his feet. If opponents stumble upon it, it will immobilize them for 1 sec. If not, the trap will disappear in 10 secs. Spidey can set 3 traps at a time.
USpec: Spidey makes a Web parachute that drafts him significantly upwards for a moment, then unexpectedly splits. Doesn't not put him in helpless state. Cant use but once each time in the air. (0%)

Aerials
DAir: A downwards kick. (4% each hit) High KB if opponent is on the ground. (7%)
NAir: Spidey sex dropkicks. (3% for first 3 frames, 2% afterwards)
UAir: Spidey disperses a web net from his wrist directly above his head. if an opponent gets caught in one, they will fall to the ground immediately. The effect is like Yoshi's eggs. This opens up Spidey for some combos. (5%)
FAir: Shoots a web horizontally. Good for grabbing ledges. Can allow him to stick to and crawl on walls for a short period of time. (8%)

Grabs
Spidey is the only character that can direct his grab direction. (Web can go left, right, up, up diagonally right or left)
Pummel: Knee to chest (2% each hit)
Up:Tosses up opponent, and releases a barrage of ten balls. (12%) Great vertical KB.
Down: Grabs opponent with web, and slams them down. (8%)
Back: Tosses opponent in air, and does an over-the-head soccer kick. High KB when opponent has above 100% (7%)
Forward: Somersaults over opponent, grabs them under the arms while in mid somersault, then power bombs them, spiking them down into the ground. (10%)
Has a grounded effect, except the opponent is headfirst in the ground.

[b]FinalSmash: Despicable Spider- Spidey jumps and makes a web string to swing on, with an arm ready to scoop up one enemy. If it succeeds, Spidey and the victim will be shown in Manhattan. The first scene will be spidey kicking the foe through a skyscraper (15%). The next scene will shown the foe falling to the ground far below, skidding across the pavement (10% initial, 10% from skids, total of 20%) Spidey then entraps his dazed foe with a web cocoon with his web string still attached to it (5%) Spidey then spins around and slings the foe right off the screen (10%)[b]

My Changes are in bold.

3. Realize how stupid you just sounded and how weak your punch was......right before you got K.O'd in a real fight like me I mean err...... before you get caught with that stupid costume on,like me I MEAN DOH!

Last edited by smashyflashy on Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:41 am, edited 3 times in total.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:05 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
smashyflashy wrote:

Standards

Tilts
UTilt: A backflip that kicks any opponent near him (In front, above, or behind.) (9%) Causes high KB if hitting an opponent above him.

Smashes
USmash: Spidey spins a web that shoots upward, grabbing as many as 3 opponents on that web, then yanks them down, smashing them to the floor.

Specials
NSpec: Spidey shoots a web ball. Size, distance, and damage depends on charge. (5-20%)
FSpec: Spidey shoots a web string that causes multiple hit damage, then retracts back into his wrist. (2% for each hit, max. of 10 hits)
DSpec: Spidey sets a webtrap directly on the ground beneath his feet. If opponents stumble upon it, it will immobilize them for 3 secs If not, the trap will disappear in 10 secs. Spidey can set 3 traps at a time, and has a 1/3 chance of being caught in one.
USpec: Spidey disperses a web net from his wrist directly above his head. if an opponent gets caught in one, they will fall to the ground immediately. The effect is like Yoshi's eggs. This opens up Spidey for some combos. (5%)

Aerials
DAir: A downwards kick. (4% each hit) High KB if opponent is on the ground. (7%)
NAir: Spidey sex dropkicks. (5% for first 3 frames, 3% afterwards)
UAir: Spidey makes a Web parachute that drafts him significantly upwards for a moment, then unexpectedly splits. Doesn't not put him in helpless state. Cant use but once each time in the air. (0%)
FAir: Shoots a web horizontally. Good for grabbing ledges. (8%)

Grabs
Spidey is the only character that can direct his grab direction. (Web can go left, right, up, up diagonally right or left)
Up:Tosses up opponent, and releases a barrage of ten balls. (12%) Great vertical KB.
Back: Tosses opponent in air, and does an over-the-head soccer kick. High KB when opponent has above 100% (7%)
Forward: Somersaults over opponent, grabs them under the arms while in mid somersault, then power bombs them, spiking them down into the ground. (10%)

FinalSmash: Spidey takes a serum, which is supposed to end his spider powers, but it fails and tranforms him into a gigantic spider.
Semi FinalForm: Is invincible and very powerful, but can only jump twice, and walks a little slower
Moves:
Dash Att: Trample: Grounds all opponents that are in his very short trample attack (15%)
Standard: GigaVenomous Bite: A huge bite that causes extreme knockback (18%)
FSpecial: Spits a giant web ball infused with poisonous venom. Immobilizes the opponent for 2/5 secs. (15% uncharged/ 30% charged) High KB takes place at end of immobilization.
DSpecial: Births out an egg that hatches 15 mini spiders. Anyone that touches these will take 3% each. Spiders good for up to 5 hits each. Ends Spideys form.

My thoughts:
_I think you should swap uair and upspec, just based on consistency of use (everyone knows to use upspec to recover).
_I think its neat that his fair can grab ledges. Do you imagine that this would also affect walls?
_Is his side spec like Sheik's chain?
_Hmm, 3 seconds of stun on his webtraps? And a chance of getting stuck yourself? I don't think these ideas work with Spiderman. 3 seconds is a long time, almost as long as jigglypuff's lag from Rest. This definitely could use some toning down. Before it is argued that Spidey has a downside of getting trapped himself, I would say that a high-level Spiderman main would probably never use this move just because of that huge risk for a reward that is both delayed and not guaranteed (you have to wait for them to step on it, IF they step on it). So, I suggest that the chance of Spidey getting stuck is removed, and the stun time is reduced to 1 second. This relatively long time (longer stun than Naruto's clones) is justified by the traps disappearing in 10 seconds, rather than forever.
_I like the ability to aim his grab, how would a player aim and let go? I imagine that the player holds grab, aims with the control keys, and upon letting go of the grab button he fires.
_3 %/hit * 5 hits/spider * 15 spiders = 225%. Are you sure about that final smash's dspecial? :P It practically guarantees 2 stocks in this way, just murder someone with the Spider form and then when they respawn you spawn some spiders to chunk them. Then all you have to do is hit them once with literally any move. Even half of the hits is still over 100%, might want to tweak that.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:00 pm
SSF2 Developer

MGN Username: spid3y916
Currently Playing: SSF2
Starkiller2 wrote:
smashyflashy wrote:

Standards

Tilts

Smashes

Specials
NSpec: Spidey shoots a web ball. Size, distance, and damage depends on charge. (5-20%)
DSpec: Spidey sets a webtrap directly on the ground beneath his feet. If opponents stumble upon it, it will immobilize them for 3 secs If not, the trap will disappear in 10 secs. Spidey can set 3 traps at a time, and has a 1/3 chance of being caught in one.
USpec: Spidey disperses a web net from his wrist directly above his head. if an opponent gets caught in one, they will fall to the ground immediately. The effect is like Yoshi's eggs. This opens up Spidey for some combos. (5%)

Aerials
UAir: Spidey makes a Web parachute that drafts him significantly upwards for a moment, then unexpectedly splits. Doesn't not put him in helpless state. Cant use but once each time in the air. (0%)

Grabs

FinalSmash: Spidey takes a serum, which is supposed to end his spider powers, but it fails and tranforms him into a gigantic spider.
Semi FinalForm: Is invincible and very powerful, but can only jump twice, and walks a little slower
Moves:
Dash Att: Trample: Grounds all opponents that are in his very short trample attack (15%)
FSpecial: Spits a giant web ball infused with poisonous venom. Immobilizes the opponent for 2/5 secs. (15% uncharged/ 30% charged) High KB takes place at end of immobilization.
DSpecial: Births out an egg that hatches 15 mini spiders. Anyone that touches these will take 3% each. Spiders good for up to 5 hits each. Ends Spideys form.

My thoughts:
_I think you should swap uair and upspec, just based on consistency of use (everyone knows to use upspec to recover).
_I think its neat that his fair can grab ledges. Do you imagine that this would also affect walls?
_Hmm, 3 seconds of stun on his webtraps? And a chance of getting stuck yourself? I don't think these ideas work with Spiderman. 3 seconds is a long time, almost as long as jigglypuff's lag from Rest. This definitely could use some toning down. Before it is argued that Spidey has a downside of getting trapped himself, I would say that a high-level Spiderman main would probably never use this move just because of that huge risk for a reward that is both delayed and not guaranteed (you have to wait for them to step on it, IF they step on it). So, I suggest that the chance of Spidey getting stuck is removed, and the stun time is reduced to 1 second. This relatively long time (longer stun than Naruto's clones) is justified by the traps disappearing in 10 seconds, rather than forever.
_I like the ability to aim his grab, how would a player aim and let go? I imagine that the player holds grab, aims with the control keys, and upon letting go of the grab button he fires.
_3 %/hit * 5 hits/spider * 15 spiders = 225%. Are you sure about that final smash's dspecial? :P It practically guarantees 2 stocks in this way, just murder someone with the Spider form and then when they respawn you spawn some spiders to chunk them. Then all you have to do is hit them once with literally any move. Even half of the hits is still over 100%, might want to tweak that.

Here's some more though:
-NSpec: I think it should have a stun effect similar to the web ball in MVC. The longer the charge, the longer the duration. An air NSpec would last only the same amount of time to the shortest charge. Only does the impact damage if opponent is already stunned by DSpec.
-DSpec: I agree with Starkiller2, get rid of Spidey getting stuck. The different between the stun here and the stun of NSpec is the DSpec stun allows for knockback and NSpec keeps the opponent pinned to an area.
-Grab: @Starkiller2 I think if it could work if there was a small gap between the initial grab input and the grab itself. Just enough to input the necessary direction, but not too much where it becomes a useless move.
-Final Smash: Small nitpick here, but why would he take the experimental serum to remove his power during a fight. Plus he only grew four extra arms after taking it originally. It was the cartoon that transformed him into Man-Spider. Anyway back to the moveset itself. Why have the restriction of only jumping twice when other characters do it already? Does Spider-Man have multiple jumps? And with the egg thing, can't he just summon an army of spiders instead. I don't think we need to see the process of where the egg comes from.

Here are some random ideas I would like some feedback on:
-Changing DSmash into Spidey creating two Web Hammers and slamming them into the ground. (Check out the Amazing portion of Spider-Man: Shattered Dimension)
-Move the current USpec to UAir and making USpec into a Web Zip/Web Swing move.
-Possibly giving FAir grabbing ability to FSpec
-Final Smash changed to a Crawler Assault/Maximum Spider style attack

Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:39 am

MGN Username: GokuisBeast
spid3y916 wrote:
Starkiller2 wrote:
smashyflashy wrote:

Standards

Tilts

Smashes

Specials

Aerials

Grabs

Moves:

My thoughts:

Here's some more though:
-NSpec: I think it should have a stun effect similar to the web ball in MVC. The longer the charge, the longer the duration. An air NSpec would last only the same amount of time to the shortest charge. Only does the impact damage if opponent is already stunned by DSpec.
-DSpec: I agree with Starkiller2, get rid of Spidey getting stuck. The different between the stun here and the stun of NSpec is the DSpec stun allows for knockback and NSpec keeps the opponent pinned to an area.
-Grab: @Starkiller2 I think if it could work if there was a small gap between the initial grab input and the grab itself. Just enough to input the necessary direction, but not too much where it becomes a useless move.
-Final Smash: Small nitpick here, but why would he take the experimental serum to remove his power during a fight. Plus he only grew four extra arms after taking it originally. It was the cartoon that transformed him into Man-Spider. Anyway back to the moveset itself. Why have the restriction of only jumping twice when other characters do it already? Does Spider-Man have multiple jumps? And with the egg thing, can't he just summon an army of spiders instead. I don't think we need to see the process of where the egg comes from.

Here are some random ideas I would like some feedback on:
-Changing DSmash into Spidey creating two Web Hammers and slamming them into the ground. (Check out the Amazing portion of Spider-Man: Shattered Dimension)
-Move the current USpec to UAir and making USpec into a Web Zip/Web Swing move.
-Possibly giving FAir grabbing ability to FSpec
-Final Smash changed to a Crawler Assault/Maximum Spider style attack

I have taken this into consideration, and changed some of the moves/ effects. I put the Final smash up for discussion cause my first form was a little rushed and overpowering, and then i got to lazy to make another... :P. I'm just curious, so I would want you to add a letter grade to this moveset, and no further reasoning is DEMANDED for but is appreciatiated. * If one of your requested changes wasn't made, i was either:
1. Too lazy to type it in ad corrected.
2. Happy with the way the move was.

I'll also come out with another moveset pretty soon. ( Different character of course.)

3. Realize how stupid you just sounded and how weak your punch was......right before you got K.O'd in a real fight like me I mean err...... before you get caught with that stupid costume on,like me I MEAN DOH!

Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:53 pm

MGN Username: warriorman222
Currently Playing: SSBB, SSF2, COD Ghosts, Pokemon Y
I like to make characters already made, then modify them. Because Toon/Adult Link are so similar only speed and size are different.

Toon Link(Spirit Tracks, Phantom Hoursglass, The Wind Waker)

Ground Normal
Jab: Slash, slash, jab. Like in brawl.
S-tilt: Like the way Link does in ssf2, but withs shield.
D-tilt: Swipes with the boomerang.
U-tilt: Calls a pixie to blow dust.
Dash attack: Falls and brings his swonrd to the gound in front of him. High endlag, but hitbox lasts until he gets up.

Ground Smash
F-Smash: slahes diagonally up, then diagonally down in one motion.
D-smash: Pulls a bomb and detonates it below him.
U-Smash: Jumps up and does one Spin slash, hitting 2 times.

Grab and Throws
Grab range: Tether-medium, basicaly a faster less long link grab.
Pummel: Bashes with sword;s hilt. 3%, medium speed.
F-throw: Spins twice and tow handedly slashes them away.
B-throw: Thworws them like his sword's length away, then takes a bomb and hits them on the back, causing the bomb to blow up.
D-throw: Pile drives them into the ground. Same effect and set knockback as Fox's.
U-throw: Still grabbing them by the grapple, lauches them up with both hands.

Aerial Attacks
N-air spins twice with his sword stretched.
D-air, like Brawl, but he's barely holding on to the sword, like it is falling and he' struggling to hold on. meteor smashes hard.
F-air: Ice Climber-like, meteor smahes at sweeetspot on front.
U-air, Calls a Pixie to shove slow Pixie dust up.
B-air: Slashes a Boomerang behind him.
Z-air: Swings the Grapple like a bat.

Specials
Neutral Specia: Multi Arrow: Quickly Gets a bow and shoots 3-7 Arrows, random amount.
Side Special- Gale-rang: Shots the gale Boomerag, start normal, become windbox-only at tips, when coming back becomes gale.
Up-Special: Grapple Attack: Slows down Air movement and charges a Spin attack. Ranges from Shiek Recovery Height to Zelda Recovery Height, and can move in the air while the move is in session, not while charging. Only tha Spin attack iswoth a Grapple, extend recovery with a tether.
Down-Special: Master-Quake: Impales his Sword into the Ground, casuing an Earthquake to Ground/Meteor smash nearby enemies hit by the wave. A poor mans's Bankai Ichigo Down Smash.
Final Smash: Spirit Train: The Spirit Train Comes, Riding Across the stage while armored trains are chasing it. K.Oes at 6-% by smashing, and lasts up to 20 seconds, but being blown up costs you the Final Smash.

Taunts
Up: The Great Fairy flies around Him and Disappears.
Down: He falls down, eyes swirly, then gets back up.
Side: He Salutes the direction with his sword.

Secondaries: :luigi: :ichigo: :bowser:

Pockets: :bandanadee: :isaac: :Pichu

Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:49 pm

MGN Username: warriorman222
Currently Playing: SSBB, SSF2, COD Ghosts, Pokemon Y
sorry for double post but i am not stuffing this all into one giant indecent post. Here is Solid Snake:

Snake(Metal Gear Solid 1-5)

Jab: Quick jabs repeatedly.
F-tilt: spinning Kick.
D-tilt: Knife Slash(Project-M)
U-Tilt: Brawl.
Dash Attack: Drop Kick.

Grab: brawl.
Pummel: Chokes them, but twists ther neck fr an additional 1% compared to Brawl.
Forward: Kicks them away in a set postion, then throws a grenade that scales in knockback quickly.
Down: throws Them into the ground, then Stomps them. More damage thene brawl.
Up: Stick a C-4 and lets it blow. Great K.O move under 100%, but does recoil do snake for 5%.
Back: turns them around and Sucker Punches them.

U-Smash: Shoot s a 5 bullet Shotgun whose bullets start at 7%-10% each, then down to 2-5%. High vertical Range,goes to about twice his height, but loses damage quickly.
F-Smash: Shots duals pistols in front. Aboslutely horrrid Knockback(like 4), but decent scaling (0.1).
D-Smash: Stabs His Knife into the grounds, dragging it to the other side, causing damaging sparks and a small, high knockback(10) knife with great scaling(.12)

N-air: Brawl. What else?
F-air: Grabs a C-4 and slams it into the air in front of him, causing an explosion. good K.O move.
D-air: Pushes his feet down liek Cpt. Falcon, causing a Meteor Smash.
B-air: 2 back kuscks the tthe back, one epr foot.
U-air: D-air in reverse, expect laggier and stronger.

Neutral-Special: Gunfire: Gets an M4 and shoots 10 2% bullets in front of him. Same Range as Chibi Robo. Low Lag, but after 3 uses, stop for 2 seconds of reloading.
Side Special: C4-Throw: A Blend Between Grenade and C4.
Up Sepcial: Rocket Jump. Gets and RPG, during which you can choose your direction. Then the Cypher Comes beneath him and he blows it up with the RPG, sending him flying VERY far and doing great knockback to anyone in range. Deals 10% recoil.
Down Special: Camoflage. Sanske Disappears. For 10 Seconds he is insvisible, and acts as normal. Being hit ends it instantly.

Final Smash: Armed Cypher(yes, seiously): Grabs onto a cypher with a M44 and a rocket Attachment. He also Can Now fly Around using Attack to Shoot 5% bullets, 10 per second with decent range and atrocious accuracy with spread like crazy, Or Special to Launch Homing Missles for 20% that are pretty good in knockback.

U-taunt: Activtes Camo leaving him transperaent, then re-appears.
D-taunt: Hides in a box, but immediately comes out.
S-Taunt: Walkie Talkie Rings. He speaks into it: Hello?Colonel, Colonel! COLONELLLLL!!!!!!! A Very long taunt. about 2_ seconds.

There we go, Solid Snake!

Secondaries: :luigi: :ichigo: :bowser:

Pockets: :bandanadee: :isaac: :Pichu

Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:20 am

warriorman222 wrote:
sorry for double post but i am not stuffing this all into one giant indecent post. Here is Solid Snake:

Snake(Metal Gear Solid 1-5)

Jab: Quick jabs repeatedly.
F-tilt: spinning Kick.
D-tilt: Knife Slash(Project-M)
U-Tilt: Brawl.
Dash Attack: Drop Kick.

Grab: brawl.
Pummel: Chokes them, but twists ther neck fr an additional 1% compared to Brawl.
Forward: Kicks them away in a set postion, then throws a grenade that scales in knockback quickly.
Down: throws Them into the ground, then Stomps them. More damage thene brawl.
Up: Stick a C-4 and lets it blow. Great K.O move under 100%, but does recoil do snake for 5%.
Back: turns them around and Sucker Punches them.

U-Smash: Shoot s a 5 bullet Shotgun whose bullets start at 7%-10% each, then down to 2-5%. High vertical Range,goes to about twice his height, but loses damage quickly.
F-Smash: Shots duals pistols in front. Aboslutely horrrid Knockback(like 4), but decent scaling (0.1).
D-Smash: Stabs His Knife into the grounds, dragging it to the other side, causing damaging sparks and a small, high knockback(10) knife with great scaling(.12)

N-air: Brawl. What else?
F-air: Grabs a C-4 and slams it into the air in front of him, causing an explosion. good K.O move.
D-air: Pushes his feet down liek Cpt. Falcon, causing a Meteor Smash.
B-air: 2 back kuscks the tthe back, one epr foot.
U-air: D-air in reverse, expect laggier and stronger.

Neutral-Special: Gunfire: Gets an M4 and shoots 10 2% bullets in front of him. Same Range as Chibi Robo. Low Lag, but after 3 uses, stop for 2 seconds of reloading.
Side Special: C4-Throw: A Blend Between Grenade and C4.
Up Sepcial: Rocket Jump. Gets and RPG, during which you can choose your direction. Then the Cypher Comes beneath him and he blows it up with the RPG, sending him flying VERY far and doing great knockback to anyone in range. Deals 10% recoil.
Down Special: Camoflage. Sanske Disappears. For 10 Seconds he is insvisible, and acts as normal. Being hit ends it instantly.

Final Smash: Armed Cypher(yes, seiously): Grabs onto a cypher with a M44 and a rocket Attachment. He also Can Now fly Around using Attack to Shoot 5% bullets, 10 per second with decent range and atrocious accuracy with spread like crazy, Or Special to Launch Homing Missles for 20% that are pretty good in knockback.

U-taunt: Activtes Camo leaving him transperaent, then re-appears.
D-taunt: Hides in a box, but immediately comes out.
S-Taunt: Walkie Talkie Rings. He speaks into it: Hello?Colonel, Colonel! COLONELLLLL!!!!!!! A Very long taunt. about 2_ seconds.

There we go, Solid Snake!

I think a Project M clone is much better. But the Rocket Jump idea sounds pretty neat.

Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:27 pm

Currently Playing: Your 3DS
Dr Mario:Stats:Faster than Luigi and stronger than Mario Netural A:Jab,butt,kick 2-3% each Side A:Same as marios but weaker 4-6% Dash A:Like Marios but slower and stronger 5% Down A:Same as Luigis but stronger 8% Up A:Same as Luigis 6% Foward Smash:same Down Smash:Same Up Smash:Same Special:Same but faster and weaker 3% Side B:Like Luigis but pills around him making the attack not open 9-12 % Up B:Super Jump Punch with Pills 8-13 % Down B:Eletrical Tornado Up Aireal:Faster and stronger 4-9 % Down Aireal: Same Foward Aireal:Same as Marios but much faster,sends the enemy flying at random instead of being a metor smash 16% Back Aireal:Same Neutral Air:Slower and weaker 4% Final Smash:Like Marios but goes slower,grows more bigger faster,much more stronger and uses pills. Grab up:Same Down grab:ground pounds back grab:Swings once and throws foward grab:Slams the enemy and attacks with pills sending the enemy forward

SSBM:Dr.Mario,Young Link,Luigi,Roy,Mewtwo Brawl:Sonic,Lucario,Fox,Wolf,Snake,Link,Mario,Kirby,R.O.B 3DS:Sonic,Megaman,Dr.Mario,Marth,Fox,Link,Kirby,Pacman,Little Mac SSF1:Mario,Fox,Super Sonic SSF2:Sonic,Kirby,Mario,Tails Crusade:Sonic,Tails,shadow,,Mario,Megaman,Crash,Pacman u wot m8

Last edited by 9XSonic7x on Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:08 pm

MGN Username: TheRealHeroOfWinds
Paper Mario-

Weight - As light as Ness
Speed - Same speed as Mario
Height - 3/4 the size of Mario
Defense (Knockback) - Can get knockbacked at the rate of Kirby.

AAA Combo - Ms.Mowz slaps opponent rapidly. Then ending with a tail attack.
Walk Attack - Sushi squirts water.
Run Attack - Vivian uses veil on Mario while Mario spins with his hammer.
Up Tilt - Barry shoots a sound wave up.
Down Tilt - Mario swings his hammer.
Up Smash - Lakilester throws a spiny egg.
Side Smash - Madame Flurrie shoots wind hurting/pushing opponents away.
Down Smash - Watt paralyzes enemies in electrivity.
Down Air - Ground Pound with Thudley.
Neutral Air - Flips through dimensions with flip.
Forward Air - Meteor Smash enemies with hammer.
Up Air - Parakarry flies upward to attack and flies out of sight. Cannot use again until Parakarry is off screen.

Neutral Special - Hammer - The longer you charge the more damage the swing does. But you cannot hold onto this charged move.
Side Special - Kooper - Kick Kooper forward. (Air is Parakarry)
Down Special - Admiral Bobbery - You place Admiral Bobbery on the ground and the next time you down special he explodes.
Up Special - Paper Airplane - You transform into a paper airplane and glide the rest of the way.
Final Smash - Star Spirits - You summon the star spirits and they create a beam of energy.

Pummel - Lady Bow smacks opponent.
Forward Throw - Goombario headbutts.
Back Throw - Throws back and uses shooting star.
Up Throw - Uses thunder.
Down Throw - Uses sleepy sheep. If opponent is at 75% or more they will go to sleep for 2 seconds

Taunt 1 - Swings finger back and forth.
Taunt 2 - Flips back and forth.
Taunt 3 - Goombella whispers in Mario's ear.
Win - Mario tips hat.
Lose - Claps.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:55 pm

MGN Username: ShadowYoshi360
Currently Playing: SSF2 Beta, Pokemon Moon, SSB4, Mario Kart 7
Waifu: Makoto (Blazblue)
Sceptile
Games: Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire, Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver, Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

Weight: Medium weight (90 - Weight of Sora and Sheik/Zelda)
Dashing speed: Speed of Meta Knight
Height: About Goku's
Air Speed: 1.57 (That of ZSS)
Falling Speed: That of Link

Jab: Slashes with Leaf Blades horizontally for 2 hits; can be a infinite jab (2% first hit, 3% second hit)
Dash Attack: Low sweep like Mario's (6%)
Side tilt: Slashes forward quickly (7%)
Down tilt: Low Kick (6%)
Up Tilt: Sends a vine upwards (7%)
Side Smash: Uses a charged-up Leaf Blade (13% uncharged, 19% charged)
Down Smash: Slams tail back and forth (14% uncharged, 21% charged)
Up Smash: Flings tail up sharply (17% uncharged, 24% charged)

Neutral aerial: 2 Kicks similar to Captain Falcon's (First hit 4%, second hit 5%)
Side aerial: Stabs forward with the blades on his left arm; can meteor smash (12%)
Back aerial: Kicks backwards quickly at an angle like Sheik or Fox (14%)
Up aerial: Flings tail up like Yoshi's (15%)
Down Aerial: Swings downward with Leaf Blade; comparable to Marth's d-air, but doesn't meteor smash (12%)

Grabs: uses vines to trap the opponent
Pummel: vines attack
Forward throw: Throws opponent forward (8%)
Back throw: Reverse F-throw (8%)
Up throw: Throws upward and hits with vines (4% + 1% * 3 = 7%)
Down throw: Slams to the ground with tail like Mewtwo's d-throw (6%)

Neutral Special: Energy Ball - chargeable projectile like Samus' Charge Shot or Lucario's Aura Sphere
Side Special: Leaf Storm - summons a storm of leaves that do damage and push back opponent a little
Up Special: Acrobatics - Jumps around in two directions similarly to Pikachu, Pichu or Greninja's Up B
Down Special: Detect - counterattack

Side Taunt - http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black- ... eptile.gif
Up Taunt - Sharpens blades on arms
Down Taunt - Slams tail to the ground

Final Smash - Mega Sceptile
Smashes, tilts, jab, DA, throws and aerials are all the same but with greater power and knockback
Neutral Special - Dragon Pulse; doesn't charge, stronger than Energy Ball with slightly more range
Side Special - Leaf Storm
Up Special - Acrobatics - Does good damage with good knockback
Down Special - Frenzy Plant - chargeable, powerful attack

Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:01 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
9XSonic7x wrote:
Dr Mario:Stats:Faster than Luigi and stronger than Mario Netural A:Jab,butt,kick 2-3% each Side A:Same as marios but weaker 4-6% Dash A:Like Marios but slower and stronger 5% Down A:Same as Luigis but stronger 8% Up A:Same as Luigis 6% Foward Smash:same Down Smash:Same Up Smash:Same Special:Same but faster and weaker 3% Side B:Like Luigis but pills around him making the attack not open 9-12 % Up B:Super Jump Punch with Pills 8-13 % Down B:Eletrical Tornado Up Aireal:Faster and stronger 4-9 % Down Aireal: Same Foward Aireal:Same as Marios but much faster,sends the enemy flying at random instead of being a metor smash 16% Back Aireal:Same Neutral Air:Slower and weaker 4% Final Smash:Like Marios but goes slower,grows more bigger faster,much more stronger and uses pills. Grab up:Same Down grab:ground pounds back grab:Swings once and throws foward grab:Slams the enemy and attacks with pills sending the enemy forward

Hey, could you reformat this glob of text so that it is easier to read? Lol, after every move and its description hit the enter key. See previous posts for what I mean.

TheSpookyHeroOfWinds wrote:
Paper Mario-

Weight - As light as Ness
Speed - Same speed as Mario
Height - 3/4 the size of Mario
Defense (Knockback) - Can get knockbacked at the rate of Kirby.

AAA Combo - Ms.Mowz slaps opponent rapidly. Then ending with a tail attack.
Walk Attack - Sushi squirts water.
Run Attack - Vivian uses veil on Mario while Mario spins with his hammer.
Up Tilt - Barry shoots a sound wave up.
Down Tilt - Mario swings his hammer.
Up Smash - Lakilester throws a spiny egg.
Side Smash - Madame Flurrie shoots wind hurting/pushing opponents away.
Down Smash - Watt paralyzes enemies in electrivity.
Down Air - Ground Pound with Thudley.
Neutral Air - Flips through dimensions with flip.
Forward Air - Meteor Smash enemies with hammer.
Up Air - Parakarry flies upward to attack and flies out of sight. Cannot use again until Parakarry is off screen.

Neutral Special - Hammer - The longer you charge the more damage the swing does. But you cannot hold onto this charged move.
Side Special - Kooper - Kick Kooper forward. (Air is Parakarry)
Down Special - Admiral Bobbery - You place Admiral Bobbery on the ground and the next time you down special he explodes.
Up Special - Paper Airplane - You transform into a paper airplane and glide the rest of the way.
Final Smash - Star Spirits - You summon the star spirits and they create a beam of energy.

Pummel - Lady Bow smacks opponent.
Forward Throw - Goombario headbutts.
Back Throw - Throws back and uses shooting star.
Up Throw - Uses thunder.
Down Throw - Uses sleepy sheep. If opponent is at 75% or more they will go to sleep for 2 seconds

Taunt 1 - Swings finger back and forth.
Taunt 2 - Flips back and forth.
Taunt 3 - Goombella whispers in Mario's ear.
Win - Mario tips hat.
Lose - Claps.

A character's weight directly affects their knock back, so if Paper Mario weighs as much as Ness then he cannot be knocked back as much as Kirby. I see Paper Mario as an extremely light character, at Kirby's weight or lower. I'm not very well versed in the Paper Mario universe so it is really hard for me to picture these moves lol. I've only ever watched my bro play 1000-year door. I love the Specials you have for him though! What would his gameplay look like?

Jaguar3600 wrote:
Sceptile
Games: Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire, Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver, Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

Jab: Slashes with Leaf Blades horizontally for 2 hits; can be a infinite jab (2% first hit, 3% second hit)

Neutral aerial: 2 Kicks similar to Captain Falcon's (First hit 4%, second hit 5%)
Side aerial: Stabs forward with the blades on his left arm; can meteor smash (12%)
Down Aerial: Swings downward with Leaf Blade; comparable to Marth's d-air, but doesn't meteor smash (12%)

Neutral Special: Energy Ball - chargeable projectile like Samus' Charge Shot or Lucario's Aura Sphere
Side Special: Leaf Storm - summons a storm of leaves that do damage and push back opponent a little
Up Special: Acrobatics - Jumps around in two directions similarly to Pikachu, Pichu or Greninja's Up B

Smashes, tilts, jab, DA, throws and aerials are all the same but with greater power and knockback
Neutral Special - Dragon Pulse; doesn't charge, stronger than Energy Ball with slightly more range

Ah, I see you visited the wiki to get numbers for some of your character's attributes. Did you know that I collected that data? :3
A solid char, pretty straightforward I don't have anything that sticks out as confusing or needing clarification. If you had to expand on his/her gameplay, what would we see?

Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:33 pm

MGN Username: ShadowYoshi360
Currently Playing: SSF2 Beta, Pokemon Moon, SSB4, Mario Kart 7
Waifu: Makoto (Blazblue)
Phoenix Wright wrote:
Jaguar3600 wrote:
Sceptile

Ah, I see you visited the wiki to get numbers for some of your character's attributes. Did you know that I collected that data? :3
A solid char, pretty straightforward I don't have anything that sticks out as confusing or needing clarification. If you had to expand on his/her gameplay, what would we see?

Indeed, I did visit the wiki. It's cool that you collected that data. Thanks for that. :)
Sceptile would be a fast-moving character with a medium-low damage output comparable to characters like Sheik, Greninja and Fox (I forgot to mention that Sceptile would have a high jump, though the falling speed makes it so that he jumps just a little higher than Fox). His gameplan would be to just run and jump around while racking up damage with combos, his jab, Leaf Storm and short-hopped aerials. His best kill moves would be Up smash, up-air and f-air, but his other smashes, b-air and fully-charged Energy Ball would also be capable of killing.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:07 pm
SSF2 Developer

I'm glad this topic isn't dead, I like it because it is a controlled space for discussion and creation of characters beyond simply listing one's favourite characters. I have been hard at work on another character lately, but I want to set the bar pretty high for posts :P

As a Character, B-: Sceptile is a classic style of fighter. He doesn't really introduce new types of gameplay or mechanics which is both good and bad, good in that he is easy to pick up for players familiar to the style but also sad for innovation.
The Source Material isn't overused: The character is from a well-established series, although the series has representation in this game it is not as much as in main games. At this point there's definitely room for more Pokemon!
Awareness, A-: A key (but not essential) part of a character is knowledge of the character by a wide audience. It is good for hype, but as we can see from Marth/Roy/Falcon in Melee, people that don't know the character can still love them and the character can be successful. Nvertheless, how many people that know of the character is still crucial, especially when we are talking about Expansions. Sceptile is an evolution of a STARTER, therefore he ranks pretty high in this regard. He isn't as classic as Kanto Pokemon, but at this point he is practically as old to be considered classic. It may seem arbitrary, but I think that Kanto pokemon tend to hold the highest chance with the exception of legendary (eg Darkrai) and semi-pseudo-legendary pokemon (like Lucario). The Hoenn region is pretty old, I'll classify it similar to Kanto in age.

Overall, I'd give Sceptile a B based on his chance of being playable.

Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:18 am
SSF2 Developer

MGN Username: spid3y916
Currently Playing: SSF2
I would personal love to see Sceptile as a character, but now I have to give an unbiased reports. I'll make reports for the other characters later. These are just a few reasons on why the character's chances is either helped or hurted;

Paper Mario (by TheSpookyHeroOfWinds) as a fighter: C-
Pros:
-Keep to source material
-Possible different art style to match the paper style

Cons:
-Another Mario rep
-Uses many other characters to fight and not himself.
-Rather see Luigi before another version Mario

Dr. Mario (9XSonic7x's version) as a fighter: D
Pros:
-Reinvent Dr. Mario
-Try to avoid Melee's moveset

Cons:
-Another Mario rep
-Merging clone of Mario and Luigi (who is already a semi-clone of Mario)
-Rather see Luigi first
-If alt costumes were possible, mostly likely used for Mario

Sceptile (by Jaguar3600) as a fighter: B-
Pros:
-Character have yet been seen in Smash
-Solid moveset seen used others
-Competitive potential
-Represent a Gen that's not Gen I or current Gen

Cons:
-Another Pokemon rep
-Moveset, though solid, could be seen as unoriginal

Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:58 pm