The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 5:48 pm

[ 6 posts ] 
Not sure where to post this, but I need some advice. 

MGN Username: SageHarpuiaJDJ
Currently Playing: The game of Life
Waifu: Beruka from Fates
For those who know me and seen me here, you know that I'm not very active. There's actually another reason for that besides lurking.

The main reason that lurk so much without posting is well, I'm not quite sure. It's like this with every other community that I'm in. I just allow myself to get away from stuff that I want/need to do by just browsing around, and that's it.

The reason that I'm saying this is because I HATE doing that. I hate not being active. I hate just lying around in my home like I've lost hope. I hate not playing anything that I used to play. This is a HUGE contradiction with the fact that I'm kinda shy, but I hate my personalty because of it.

This constant putting everything off and staying stationary really took its toll when I spend all of my spring break doing absolutely nothing but eating and sleeping. I honestly felt completely terrible and got depressed over it. I honestly felt like just staying there and waiting to go into a coma of something, that's how bad I was depressed that week.

My depression comes and goes. Heck, I may start feeling better tomorrow, but it'll come back as soon I come home and do nothing. It's like my body wants me to complete lazy a** that gave up on life completely, while my mind wants to actually enjoy like and have fun.

What I basically need advice on is how to prevent myself from being a ghost when I'm not depressed, because that's when I stop completely and shut down. I was gonna just leave again, but I figured that I should get more input on this first, and leaving all these communities would just leave force me to binge on nothing again.

Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:14 pm

MGN Username: Nixter
Currently Playing: Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
You should look for things outside of computers, go get friends and do something active and outdoors-y, occupy yourself and when you're tired you can relax at home and play some games and talk with communities then

don't wallow, stay active

Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:40 pm

Currently Playing: SFV-FI: Shenanigans
Grab a few mates, and walk around town. I guarantee you will find something that will make you bust your guts laughing and forget about all your troubles.

(This is the only recorded instance of this happening)

Term wrote:
i am a huge advocate of your right to whine like a b****

Kuro Kagami wrote:
i have problems with colors

i mean i have problems in general but colors tend to be a recurring issue

Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:38 am

MGN Username: Tid
Currently Playing: Deep™ The™ Game™
regardless of what activities you take up to try and keep yourself busy i think if you genuinely feel all of those things on a regular basis it would be worth maybe seeking professional help. it might not be definitely literal depression but it's better safe than sorry and early diagnosis can be really important.

Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:40 am

Dismantle/put away your computer.

Thank me later, when you're rich and successful.

Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:31 pm

MGN Username: SageHarpuiaJDJ
Currently Playing: The game of Life
Waifu: Beruka from Fates
Nixter wrote:
You should look for things outside of computers, go get friends and do something active and outdoors-y, occupy yourself and when you're tired you can relax at home and play some games and talk with communities then

don't wallow, stay active

Cactus wrote:
Grab a few mates, and walk around town. I guarantee you will find something that will make you bust your guts laughing and forget about all your troubles.

I do have people that I talk too, but I can only really meet them at school. I do tend to feel better when talking to them, though. So you guys do have a point.

Tid wrote:
regardless of what activities you take up to try and keep yourself busy i think if you genuinely feel all of those things on a regular basis it would be worth maybe seeking professional help. it might not be definitely literal depression but it's better safe than sorry and early diagnosis can be really important.

I do go to therapy every month. I wasn't really like this till like the last two months. I'll make sure to bring it up when I go.

Slissith wrote:
Dismantle/put away your computer.

Thank me later, when you're rich and successful.

I'm actually gonna start doing that.

Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:45 pm
 [ 6 posts ]