The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 5:29 pm

[ 362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 25  Next
Sheik 
BR Member

MGN Username: Suli Hyuga
I decided to use Sheik after losing 5 straight ranked matches on Anther's and she got me up 13 spots on the ranked ladder.
GG god bless Afairica.

My YouTube page! Subscribe! (Currently on hiatus)
My twitter!

Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:28 am
BR Member

Currently Playing: w/ emotions
Waifu: joey
Suli Hyuga wrote:
I decided to use Sheik after losing 5 straight ranked matches on Anther's and she got me up 13 spots on the ranked ladder.
GG god bless Afairica.

Afairica, land of the free combos.

Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:52 pm

MGN Username: ShadowYoshi360
Currently Playing: SSF2 Beta, Pokemon Moon, SSB4, Mario Kart 7
Waifu: Makoto (Blazblue)
F-air is dumb and I love it.

Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:08 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
Today I discovered weak nair into fair. How did I play Sheik without knowing this? It kills at like 80% on most of the cast.

BTW, I'd appreciate someone summarizing how to use Sheik's throws, because I never really understood which one to use.

This is my current understanding, so please correct my mistakes.

At low percents, dthrow is best because if they DI out you can dash fair instead of standing fair, which can lead into the famous dthrow -> fair -> fair to kill at 20% or lower (even 0%!). If they DI in (which they should), you can still fair but you probably won't get anything else. Fthrow is also a tech-chase throw if you're feeling that against fast-fallers, as is bthrow. Bthrow is obviously it's own thing, and when you grab someone with your back to the ledge you should probably do that.

The one caveat to the above is that fast-fallers can DI dthrow down and away to escape followups (although you might be able to run in and dtilt, I haven't tested), so uthrow is better because you can still get running fair followups if they screw up and DI out.

At higher percents, uthrow will combo after all the other throws stop working (does someone know for certain that fthrow is less effective? I'm pretty sure, but can someone confirm?), so uthrow -> uair is the limit of what you can combo with: once you can't hit that any more, the only thing left is bthrow tech-chases or edgeguard setups.

All of the throws can chaingrab fast-fallers, but fthrow is best because it's the easiest one to use and the release point is best.

Against floaties, dthrow will combo after the others will if they screw up DI.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:20 pm
BR Member

TheCodeSamurai wrote:
Today I discovered weak nair into fair. How did I play Sheik without knowing this? It kills at like 80% on most of the cast.

BTW, I'd appreciate someone summarizing how to use Sheik's throws, because I never really understood which one to use.

This is my current understanding, so please correct my mistakes.

At low percents, dthrow is best because if they DI out you can dash fair instead of standing fair, which can lead into the famous dthrow -> fair -> fair to kill at 20% or lower (even 0%!). If they DI in (which they should), you can still fair but you probably won't get anything else. Fthrow is also a tech-chase throw if you're feeling that against fast-fallers, as is bthrow. Bthrow is obviously it's own thing, and when you grab someone with your back to the ledge you should probably do that.

The one caveat to the above is that fast-fallers can DI dthrow down and away to escape followups (although you might be able to run in and dtilt, I haven't tested), so uthrow is better because you can still get running fair followups if they screw up and DI out.

At higher percents, uthrow will combo after all the other throws stop working (does someone know for certain that fthrow is less effective? I'm pretty sure, but can someone confirm?), so uthrow -> uair is the limit of what you can combo with: once you can't hit that any more, the only thing left is bthrow tech-chases or edgeguard setups.

All of the throws can chaingrab fast-fallers, but fthrow is best because it's the easiest one to use and the release point is best.

Against floaties, dthrow will combo after the others will if they screw up DI.

Sheik's grabgame is pretty much a mixup of uthrow and fthrow. Dthrow is a viable option early %s as well but it gets much harder at later %s due to it sending opponents too far

Really, Sheik's grabgame is all about reacting towards your enemy's DI. Uthrow/Fthrow -> Fair/Bair/Uair according to your enemy's DI is really all thats needed. Sheik has some chaingrab options on certain characters as well like Fox, but I've found it more effective to just go for simpler things like fthrow fair.

And oh yeah, sheik's bthrow is also a good tech chase option with needles as well. I dont use bthrow that often onstage but sometimes I'll use it as a mixup. Bthrow -> Fully charged needles covers a lot of their options and can lead to a followup such as nair fair or dash attack fair.

Unrelated: I dont see enough people use uair. It might not be melee uair, but its still pretty damn good. Uthrow into uair is a great way to kill and easier to land than fair when the enemy is at higher %s. Uair can also be followed up with fair/bair at mid %s as well.

Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:35 am
BR Member

MGN Username: JayVoltage
Currently Playing: Rivals of Aether, Super Smasn Flash 2, Fate/Grand Order
I swear people just jump out of f-throw and find that it's pretty unreliable. Up-throw is pretty much my go to throw. It's great because there's enough hitstun so they cant jump out and wherever they DI, you can either get a bair or a fair. Up throw doesn't really work at 0%, which is pretty much the only time i'll use downthrow. Unless I'm BMing the other player and want to kill them at 180% with downthrow lol

Mains: :link: :falco: :sonic:
Most recent video of some of my favourite online moments. Check it out! :]

YouTube Video:

Newly acquired Servant: Minamoto no Yorimitsu NEW!

Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:21 am
BR Member

I'd only ever use fthrow at lower percents, and even then dthrow is a better option IMO.
bthrow is love, bthrow is life.

My twitter!

Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:56 am

MGN Username: mikael_fernandes
Can somebody explain to me why d-air send people upwards? Shouldn't be u-air do this?

Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:08 pm
BR Member

Uair also sends people upwards.

There are many types of dairs, because unlike the other aerial directions it's not great design to give every character a meteor. So some characters get multihits that don't really count as meteors, some get true meteors, and some get moves that send in other directions. Sheik isn't the only one; Megaman, sourspot Marth, Goku, Naruto, Pikachu, MK, and many others have dairs like that too.

For Doom:
For Kicks:

Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:12 pm

MGN Username: mikael_fernandes
I always found it weird cause sheik kicks downards, and the enemy goes upwards.

Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:09 pm
BR Member

Hitboxes are weird in the first place; what does Fox turning have to do with meteors? Don't pay much attention to it.

For Doom:
For Kicks:

Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:19 pm
BR Member

Mikael-Fernandes wrote:
I always found it weird cause sheik kicks downards, and the enemy goes upwards.

Super Smash Flash 2 = Tekken Tag Tournament 2 confirmed.

My twitter!

Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:24 am
BR Member

Mikael-Fernandes wrote:
Can somebody explain to me why d-air send people upwards? Shouldn't be u-air do this?

both uair and dair send upwards, but they are still very different moves with different uses. Dair has higher knockback at the cost of a long startup. It also has a weird hitbox. Upair hits above Sheik, comes out fast, but its weaker than dair. This makes it a better juggling tool

Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:30 pm
BR Member

So I was playing Anther's ranked and got Counter Picked on Sky Sanctuary Zone. Turns out the drop from both ends of the main plat form (where the ground is slightly elevated) gives you enough time to pop out a surprise fair.
Just something cool I found.
#Afairica

Oh yeah and if someone wants to test this, this will probably work with a lot more chars and aerials. gg.

My twitter!

Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:01 pm
BR Member

Suli Hyuga wrote:
So I was playing Anther's ranked and got Counter Picked on Sky Sanctuary Zone. Turns out the drop from both ends of the main plat form (where the ground is slightly elevated) gives you enough time to pop out a surprise fair.
Just something cool I found.
#Afairica

Oh yeah and if someone wants to test this, this will probably work with a lot more chars and aerials. gg.

I'm not surprised. Sheik's moves come out really fast so running off platforms and immediately using aerials are really effective. I usually run-off platform bair very often on stages like Battlefield, DL, and YS

Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:24 pm
 [ 362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 25  Next