The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 12:25 am

[ 286 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 20  Next
Kirby 

MGN Username: [BANNED]
Currently Playing: SSF2TAS
@MeleeWaluigi check out the new patch fam

Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:50 pm

MGN Username: riku434
Currently Playing: Project M
Waifu: Joseph Joestar
The new down throw feels a bit iffy compared to 1.0.2, as it doesnt combo super good like it did in 1.0.2, but otherwise I'm happy down throw is good again and Kirby finally has better access to combos. But making it do 16% is overdoing it a little (but I'm fine with it).
Kirby's Fair is also slightly better making it a little safer offstage which is also pretty good. Great to see the devs trying to make Kirby viable.
However I'm not 100% if Kirby is viable yet since he still has pretty struggling MUs, but that doesnt mean the down throw buff didn't help him at all.
Kirby just needs better air speed and an inhale with slightly better range and MUCH less end lag and he should be outside of bottom 5.

Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:23 pm

I can't believe I'm just discovering this now, but Kirby's "mini-Landmaster" stone doesn't move. Figured now would be as good of a time to bring this up.

Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:52 pm

MGN Username: RavinRaven
Currently Playing: SSF2, The Game of Love
Waifu: Luna (Gwain Saga)
dragonballhero wrote:
I can't believe I'm just discovering this now, but Kirby's "mini-Landmaster" stone doesn't move. Figured now would be as good of a time to bring this up.

I was super disappointed when I found that out too. I thought it would be a game-changing blessing from RNGsus, like how :peach: sometimes pulls up Mr.Saturn or bob-ombs.

Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:30 pm

Ravin_Raven wrote:
dragonballhero wrote:

I was super disappointed when I found that out too. I thought it would be a game-changing blessing from RNGsus, like how :peach: sometimes pulls up Mr.Saturn or bob-ombs.

To be fair (and believe you me, I PRAY I'm right about this), I think it's simply a glitch or something, because when I try to move, the mini-Landmaster actually does damage. I think the devs just forgot to program it ACTUALLY being able to move and whatnot.

Again, I PRAY I'm right about this, and that the devs didn't remove that feature. It's just one of those little Easter eggs things that really made Kirby fun for me in this game.

Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:55 am

So i've gotten used to the new down throw and I really love it. That buff alone helped Kirby get out of bottom 5.

Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:15 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
Just so Im getting this right, Kirby now has a combo throw that does 16% damage on its own, followed by whatever your followup is? That sounds ridiculous. I mean Im all for Kirby buffs, but I feel like that was not the right way to go about it. That doesnt fix the inherit problems of the character (although to be fair that is quite difficult without a full redesign imo) and "just" gives him a stupidly good option in return.

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:07 pm

TSF|Skylar wrote:
Just so Im getting this right, Kirby now has a combo throw that does 16% damage on its own, followed by whatever your followup is? That sounds ridiculous. I mean Im all for Kirby buffs, but I feel like that was not the right way to go about it. That doesnt fix the inherit problems of the character (although to be fair that is quite difficult without a full redesign imo) and "just" gives him a stupidly good option in return.

I'll admit, 16% damage for a combo throw is ridiculous, but his down throw helps him get good combos and without it his combo game is almost non-existent unless he gets a completely new reliable combo throw. Sure, it doesnt fix Kirby's other big problems like having a hard time to approach and not-so-good mobility, but at least it gives Kirby a solid combo game that prevents him from being unviable.

Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:48 pm

After playing Kirby some more his down throw is just as amazing as 1.0.2 despite being much different. The down throw can't be DIed so far like in 1.0.2 so Kirby can always follow up with Up air which is an amazing combo extender.

Also Kirby has some weird stuff with some copy abilities. Kirby can jump mutliple times while charging MM's copy ability which is whack and probably a bit unreasonable.

Also if Kirby cancels charging his Pac copy ability, gets his copy ability knocked out, gets it back, and attepts to charge again, Kirby regains his previous charge that he had before his copy ability disappeared.
For example, before I lost the Pac copy ability I had the bell. Then when i got the copy ability back and started charging I began with the bell.

Why are Kirby's copy abilities so broken?

Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:06 pm

MeleeWaluigi wrote:
Also Kirby has some weird stuff with some copy abilities. Kirby can jump mutliple times while charging MM's copy ability which is whack and probably a bit unreasonable.

Also if Kirby cancels charging his Pac copy ability, gets his copy ability knocked out, gets it back, and attepts to charge again, Kirby regains his previous charge that he had before his copy ability disappeared.
For example, before I lost the Pac copy ability I had the bell. Then when i got the copy ability back and started charging I began with the bell.

Everyone knows about this and I'm actually the one who first pointed out how exploitable Megaman's copy ability is as Kirby. Wanna know a fun minigame?

KIRBY WARS
Setup
Get two friends. Have the worst one out of the three of you pick megaman. The other two players should pick Kirby. Set the stock count and time limit to a 1:2 ratio. If you're using 3 stock, allow 6 minutes, if you're using 5 stock, allow 10 minutes, etc. Turn hazards on and go to Steel Diver.
Objective
Be the last one standing
Rules
The Megaman has to die last. If Megaman gets eliminated and the two Kirbies are still playing, game over.
The Kirbies are only allowed to use Neutral B.

Hopefully you can connect the dots and see how the game works.

Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:45 pm

MGN Username: Anyoneintheworld
Currently Playing: SSF2, Garou: MoftW
Waifu: White Mage
Happyfrozenfire wrote:
MeleeWaluigi wrote:

Everyone knows about this and I'm actually the one who first pointed out how exploitable Megaman's copy ability is as Kirby. Wanna know a fun minigame?

KIRBY WARS
Setup
Get two friends. Have the worst one out of the three of you pick megaman. The other two players should pick Kirby. Set the stock count and time limit to a 1:2 ratio. If you're using 3 stock, allow 6 minutes, if you're using 5 stock, allow 10 minutes, etc. Turn hazards on and go to Steel Diver.
Objective
Be the last one standing
Rules
The Megaman has to die last. If Megaman gets eliminated and the two Kirbies are still playing, game over.

I don't get it (yes you can call me stupid)

Tap jump bois raise your hands \ :sandbag: /

Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:16 pm

SrMeme wrote:
Happyfrozenfire wrote:
MeleeWaluigi wrote:

KIRBY WARS
Setup
Objective
Be the last one standing
Rules

I don't get it (yes you can call me stupid)

Okay so here's how it ends up playing out:

Megaman runs away and tries to avoid Kirbies for as long as possible
A Kirby gets Megaman's ability and now has the power to wreak havoc on everything
The other Kirby gets Megaman's ability
Ultimate deathmatch
To show its skill, the surviving Kirby must now kill off Megaman.

Got it?

Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:25 pm

Kirby's aerial hammer STILL has a giant problem. Despite it's kill power buff it gained from 1.0.3, it can still is easy to survive at 100% near the ledge just by simply DIing up and towards the hammer.

Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:56 pm

MeleeWaluigi wrote:
Kirby's aerial hammer STILL has a giant problem. Despite it's kill power buff it gained from 1.0.3, it can still is easy to survive at 100% near the ledge just by simply DIing up and towards the hammer.

The real problem is the deceptive hitbox that doesn't appear on most parts of the swing

Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:00 pm

Kirby's new PK Flash sprites give me reason to believe he might get a resprite. Seriously, go to training and use PK Flash as Kirby. You'll see what I mean.

Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:34 am
 [ 286 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 20  Next