The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 7:43 pm

[ 634 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 43  Next
Lloyd 
SSF2 Developer

You have a point. Still, doesn't mean it's safe though. If Lloyd misses the opponent literally has enough time to Falcon Punch him back.

Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:04 pm

MGN Username: blackking1700
I honestly think that Lloyd's side special shouldn't last as long while in the air.

also when do think they'll give Lloyd an aerial down special?

Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:18 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Jammy
swyft the hedgedog wrote:
You have a point. Still, doesn't mean it's safe though. If Lloyd misses the opponent literally has enough time to Falcon Punch him back.

falcon punch's startup is longer than sonic thrust's endlag, even if falcon starts using it at exactly the same time as lloyd's sideB.

Youtube         Twitch

<insert giant anime gif here>

Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:32 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
Jammy wrote:

falcon punch's startup is longer than sonic thrust's endlag, even if falcon starts using it at exactly the same time as lloyd's sideB.
While I'm not sure if this makes a significant difference in the debate on whether Falcon Punch is the best option for the majority of Sonic Thrust punishes, I thought I would point out that what you said is not strictly true. I just tested it, and Falcon Punch punishes a whiffed Sonic Thrust even if Falcon starts his move a few frames later than Lloyd's. There is actually a chunk of endlag after Sonic Thrust that just has Lloyd standing in his idle animation unable to act, which deviates from the usual cues associated with endlag. That's probably throwing people off. Unfortunately, we'll have to wait for the resprite to fix that particular issue.

Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:55 am
BR Member

It is impossible for me to play lloyd online against randoms without them rage quitting.

Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:15 pm
BR Member

Savy, eh? wrote:
Jammy wrote:

While I'm not sure if this makes a significant difference in the debate on whether Falcon Punch is the best option for the majority of Sonic Thrust punishes, I thought I would point out that what you said is not strictly true. I just tested it, and Falcon Punch punishes a whiffed Sonic Thrust even if Falcon starts his move a few frames later than Lloyd's. There is actually a chunk of endlag after Sonic Thrust that just has Lloyd standing in his idle animation unable to act, which deviates from the usual cues associated with endlag. That's probably throwing people off. Unfortunately, we'll have to wait for the resprite to fix that particular issue.

not true, I tested it by starting both moves at the same time then holding shield with both. Lloyd's shield came out first.

Youtube         Twitch

Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:13 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Jammy wrote:
Savy, eh? wrote:
Jammy wrote:

not true, I tested it by starting both moves at the same time then holding shield with both. Lloyd's shield came out first.

Guys I got this:
Falcon: Nspec startup = 21 frames, active for 4 more frames (22-25), then endlag for 13 frames (26-38). Total duration is 38 frames.
Lloyd: Ssped startup = 6 frames, active on 7-17, and endlag is 11 frames. Total duration is 28 frames.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:09 pm
BR Member

Phoenix Wright wrote:
Jammy wrote:
Savy, eh? wrote:
Jammy wrote:

Guys I got this:
Falcon: Nspec startup = 21 frames, active for 4 more frames (22-25), then endlag for 13 frames (26-38). Total duration is 38 frames.
Lloyd: Ssped startup = 6 frames, active on 7-17, and endlag is 11 frames. Total duration is 28 frames.

7 frames to get close enough and react, my point stands.

Youtube         Twitch

Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:16 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
Eh? That's exactly what I was getting at. It's not the best thing to react with due to the strict timing, but technically speaking Falcon Punch does come out before Sonic Thrust ends. I tested it by having Lloyd Sonic Thrust and Captain Falcon Falcon Punch behind him while Lloyd holds shield. He gets hit by Falcon Punch every time.

Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:18 pm

Lloyd definitely needs to be nerfed. The grave blade should only hit you if:
1. You are within range, a range that's the same as Samus' neutral special.
2. On the same level. Right now it can hit if you are a bit above or below... reduce the vertical range.
3. You are on the same platform. This means if you are on one platform on battlefield and Lloyd is on the other, he can't hit you from across the map.
4. It can be perfect shielded.
5. Does not launch you closer to him.

Demon fangs should not cause flinch.

His moves have the longest lasting hurtboxes (like sonic thrust) that hit you after the initial thrust. Take this off as it does not allow him to be punished.

His aerial sword swings have virtually no start up lag or ending lag. I can literally short hop all day versus three teamed ai computers vs me and only lose one stock.

Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:38 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
modern_knight wrote:
1. You are within range, a range that's the same as Samus' neutral special. It was ranged in 0.9a. Do you really want to have it reach the same distance as a powered Charge Beam? Or do you mean the tiny shot?
2. On the same level. Right now it can hit if you are a bit above or below... reduce the vertical range.
3. You are on the same platform. This means if you are on one platform on battlefield and Lloyd is on the other, he can't hit you from across the map.
5. Does not launch you closer to him.

Grave Blade is Lloyds most underused move by far. It is more predictabe than charging Rollout mid-match and hoping to hit. The fact that you can just avoid it by plainly jumping makes it even more useless.

Demon fangs should not cause flinch.

Why?

His moves have the longest lasting hurtboxes (like sonic thrust) that hit you after the initial thrust. Take this off as it does not allow him to be punished.

Sonic Thrust leaves you open for everything from behind and above, even a Falcon PAWNCH. Just dont run into it :P

His aerial sword swings have virtually no start up lag or ending lag. I can literally short hop all day versus three teamed ai computers vs me and only lose one stock.

Thats what keeps him good. His defence and recovery are both... not that useful. He is supposed to be a glass cannon after all - hit hard and get hit hard as well.

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:50 pm

MGN Username: ohgosick
Currently Playing: Anything not called 'Undertale'.
Waifu: ur mum lmao
modern_knight wrote:
1. You are within range, a range that's the same as Samus' neutral special. wouldn't do much, samus covers like 2/3 of bf with nspec, almost the whole map when it's full.
2. On the same level. Right now it can hit if you are a bit above or below... reduce the vertical range. what f*** vertical range, it only hits the ground, no sword hitbox.
3. You are on the same platform. This means if you are on one platform on battlefield and Lloyd is on the other, he can't hit you from across the map. understandable.
5. Does not launch you closer to him. then it would be pretty a**.

learn to jump .-.

Demon fangs should not cause flinch. so you want these to b useless too I guess? they have no guaranteed followups from what I remember, are more easily avoided than most other projectiles and the hitstun on them isn't even that bad.

His moves have the longest lasting hurtboxes (like sonic thrust) that hit you after the initial thrust. Take this off as it does not allow him to be punished. don't run into a sideb that's still active,,,,

His aerial sword swings have virtually no start up lag or ending lag. welcome to ssf2. I can literally short hop all day versus three teamed ai computers vs me and only lose one stock. horrible example, I can beat 3 cpu's by doing literally nothing but float near the edge. also 'only losing one stock', lol.

edit: got greninja'd by skailler

The Americans came in and burned my village with their flaming uppercuts,
killing our water buffalo and leaving this scar on my chest...

Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:54 pm
BR Member

Ftilt -
Decreased endlag
Dtilt -
Trajectory is made a little more vertical
Dair -
Will ledge cancel before the ending slash
Bthrow -
Higher trajectory to allow for better followup potential
Dthrow -
Much faster animation, last hit does 1% more damage

Nair -
Slight landing lag when landed too early in the move.
Utilt -
Slightly decrease knockback scaling
Fsmash -
The hitbox does not linger as long
Dair -
When hitting the ground prematurely, there is no ground hitbox until the ending slash
Neutral B -
Can not change current air momentum while the move is in progress
The slash does not have a hitbox
Side B -
The underside of the blade is a sourspot, doing lower knockback at a higher angle
Up B -
When an aerial is performed out of Up B, the move has substantial landing lag.

Just my 2 cents

Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:27 pm

For my previous point, I meant the Samus fully charged shot. And by vertical distance, i dont mean the sword, i mean the hit from across the map. On the Naruto map, one could be on the top part on the right. side, with lloyd on the top platform on the left side and he could hit from there, even through they are not on the same level. Lloyd's demon fangs shouldn't have flinch for the same reason MegaMan's mega buster shots (uncharged) were given no flinch: You can spam them off stage and just stun lock them. I think that Sonic Thrust should have a shorter duration, or if not that, have the knockback reduced after the initial hitbox, so if you are trying to recover, Lloyd can't just sonic thrust waaay before you get onstage and just KO you; it would have a sweet spot in the initial frames, much like Captain Falcons aerial knee kick thing.

Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:11 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
modern_knight wrote:
For my previous point, I meant the Samus fully charged shot. And by vertical distance, i dont mean the sword, i mean the hit from across the map. On the Naruto map, one could be on the top part on the right. side, with lloyd on the top platform on the left side and he could hit from there, even through they are not on the same level. Lloyd's demon fangs shouldn't have flinch for the same reason MegaMan's mega buster shots (uncharged) were given no flinch: You can spam them off stage and just stun lock them. I think that Sonic Thrust should have a shorter duration, or if not that, have the knockback reduced after the initial hitbox, so if you are trying to recover, Lloyd can't just sonic thrust waaay before you get onstage and just KO you; it would have a sweet spot in the initial frames, much like Captain Falcons aerial knee kick thing.

Like I said before, it was ranged earlier. The fact that it got more range makes it at least somewhat "viable". And like Gosick said, just plainly JUMP! to avoid it. GB is pretty much useless, even with its range. Your Naruto stage problem is due to a visual bug that lets it look like the platforms are on different heights, although they are. At least that makes senseGB going over platforms... I see your point there, but once it happens to you it should stay like this. And if you see Lloyd performing ST before you actually recover, just go higher/lower than him. Problem solved :D

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:04 pm
 [ 634 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 43  Next