The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 12:05 am

[ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Yet another "My Tier List" thread 
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
People have been throwing out tier lists for a while now, and I thought that I might as well put mine here too. Constructive critism, discussions and thoughts are highly approved.

S Tier:

1.) :metaknight:
2.) :zerosuitsamus:
3.) :lloyd:
4.) :marth:
5.) :pikachu:

A Tier:

6.) :zelda:
7.) :sheik:
8.) :blackmage:
9.) :fox:
10.) :yoshi:
11.) :naruto:
12.) :tails:
13.) :donkeykong:
14.) :bomberman:

B Tier:

15.) :link:
16.) :goku:
17.) :captainfalcon:
18.) :sonic:
19.) :mario:
20.) :ness:
21.) :ichigo:

K Tier:

22.) :kirby:
23.) :jigglypuff:
24.) :samus:
25.) :peach:
26.) :sora:
27.) :chibirobo:
28.) :megaman:
29.) :wario:

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Last edited by TSF|Cookies on Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:49 am
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
Good list. Why is BM high tier?

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:22 pm
BR Member

Best zoner in the game, best edgeguarder of the game, decent kill power, one of the best jugglers in the game, can get 35%+ out of one grab, Meteo, basically a double Meteor Smash with almost guaranteed setups, kinda hard to juggle because of his Frame 2 high priority Nair, "wavedash", Stop and more stuff. He only really struggles against fast rushdown characters (e. g. :fox: :captainfalcon:), and goes even with most of the high tiers imo (Lloyd, Marth, ZSS, Pika) while beating almost everyone under him.

Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:27 pm

MGN Username: mikael_fernandes
WHY SORA IS NOT LAST

Can you explain why :wario: is last,pls :3

Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:06 pm
BR Member

Wario has a bad approach game, terrible range, meh recovery, and generally struggles against heavyweights, floaties, fastfallers, swordsmen - pretty much the whole cast. The point isnt so much Wario being bad, hes just in the wrong game if you understand. Sure, he has that combo potential, but he has to work SO hard to get a potential opening that might lead into a kill (not without a Waft tho) that he usually has a hard time doing anything. Other characters may need more openings to take a stock (say, Chib, who needs 10+ to get a stock) while Wario on paper only needs four to win, but just getting these opening at high level is so hard that its actually more realistic to get 15 openings with Chibi than four with Wario.

tl;dr: He is a decent char in the wrong environment.

Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:30 pm

I see a lot of problems with this tier list, but my biggest one is why Yoshi is in A tier.

Why are anime characters in SSF2

Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:17 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
Yoshi has amazing punishes, a recovery that is highly underrated and very good, good approaches using DJC, and an excellent projectile. Why isn't Yoshi high tier?

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:00 pm

TheCodeSamurai wrote:
Yoshi has amazing punishes, a recovery that is highly underrated and very good, good approaches using DJC, and an excellent projectile. Why isn't Yoshi high tier?

Cause he isn't good enough. :yoshi:

Why are anime characters in SSF2

Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:08 pm
BR Member

Dark Villager wrote:
TheCodeSamurai wrote:

Cause he isn't good enough. :yoshi:

Thats not really an argument. Can you tell me what exactly you think is wrong with my list?

Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:31 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Suli Hyuga
Ayy bring back the K tier boisss

Why's Ness so low?

My YouTube page! Subscribe! (Currently on hiatus)
My twitter!

Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:04 am
BR Member

Suli Hyuga wrote:
Ayy bring back the K tier boisss

Why's Ness so low?

TERRIBLE range, lack of mobility outside of PSI Magnet, only three reliable kill moves which either are slown(UAir), lack range (BThrow) or have bad range and depend on luck (FSmash), gimpable recovery (although its not that bad) and genereally bad MUs across the roster. DJC is a nice gimmick, but I dont see anything Ness truly has going for him out side of PK Fire and DJC maybe.

Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:35 am

MGN Username: WRXJoey
Currently Playing: osu!
Waifu: yes
ok ok hold on now
Quote:
TERRIBLE range, lack of mobility outside of PSI Magnet, only three reliable kill moves which either are slown(UAir), lack range (BThrow) or have bad range and depend on luck (FSmash), gimpable recovery (although its not that bad) and genereally bad MUs across the roster. DJC is a nice gimmick, but I dont see anything Ness truly has going for him out side of PK Fire and DJC maybe.

first off, terrible range? Im just gonna assume you don't play ness often because this is straight up false. DJC fair and canceled PKT are amazing and safe as s***. Second, lack of mobility? really? PSI Magnet is amazing for movement, giving ness an almost shine like way of doing turnaround in the air, and DJC speeds up platform movement. His air speed is pretty decent and his dash is lackluster but i wouldn't say he's "lacking"

I have no idea what you're talking about when you call upair slow, its one of the strongest upairs in the game, comes out around frame 6, combos from upthrow/upsmash at kill %s (even with DI on some characters) and has low landing lag. Although ness' grab range is s***, the fact that DJC fair leads into grab even with SDI makes the short grab redeemable. Again, i assume you don't play ness because fsmash has way more range than it looks, has a stupid hitbox around ness, and hits below the ledge for a majority of the cast. It also combos from fair at all %s if you fastfall DJC. You also seem to ignore both weak dair, bair, and PKT2 as kill moves. I know that bair and PKT2 aren't as good as main games, but bair still kills and PKT2 works with some gimmick s*** due to how ledgesnapping works with it.

Also, you call PK Fire something "ness truly has going for him" just kinda proves to me how much you don't understand this character and how he plays.
Now ness is pretty bad, but he's so much better than most of the characters you put in B tier.

Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:07 am
BR Member

WRXJoey wrote:
ok ok hold on now
Quote:

first off, terrible range? Im just gonna assume you don't play ness often because this is straight up false. DJC fair and canceled PKT are amazing and safe as s#%$&. Second, lack of mobility? really? PSI Magnet is amazing for movement, giving ness an almost shine like way of doing turnaround in the air, and DJC speeds up platform movement. His air speed is pretty decent and his dash is lackluster but i wouldn't say he's "lacking"

I have no idea what you're talking about when you call upair slow, its one of the strongest upairs in the game, comes out around frame 6, combos from upthrow/upsmash at kill %s (even with DI on some characters) and has low landing lag. Although ness' grab range is s#%$&, the fact that DJC fair leads into grab even with SDI makes the short grab redeemable. Again, i assume you don't play ness because fsmash has way more range than it looks, has a stupid hitbox around ness, and hits below the ledge for a majority of the cast. It also combos from fair at all %s if you fastfall DJC. You also seem to ignore both weak dair, bair, and PKT2 as kill moves. I know that bair and PKT2 aren't as good as main games, but bair still kills and PKT2 works with some gimmick s#%$& due to how ledgesnapping works with it.

Also, you call PK Fire something "ness truly has going for him" just kinda proves to me how much you don't understand this character and how he plays.
Now ness is pretty bad, but he's so much better than most of the characters you put in B tier.

Having 2 or 3 moves with good range when any other move is really short ranged is not decent range to me. You also missed the point about mobility when I said "outside of PSI Magnet". Outside of that move, he is a bit lacking. I agree its a good mobility option tho. Also nice job for calling me out for not playing a character when its known that Im a Chibi main for some reason. Before that, I used to play Ness, but never saw anything outstanding outside of the few things I mentioned. Guess I just suck.

Bair starts killing at around 145 or so iirc, which isnt a reliable kill move in my book. PKT2 doesnt kill Jiggs on WW at 140%, thats why I disnt include it. You can use it that gimmicky way you mention, but I dont like kill moves having to rely on gimmicks/jank. Point for you tho. FSmash however... Its not a kill move literally 95% of the time. The hitbox is weird, but there is a 5% chance of it kicking your a** and a 95% chance of getting a weak strike. Not a kill move in my book.

Regarding PK Fire, you misread me again. I said "outside of PK Fire maybe". I didnt call it his best option, I meant it is that potentially.

What does Ness have then? Mostly bad ranged moves, few reliable kill moves under 120%, still bad MU spread. PSI Magnet has some potential, but as of now I have yet to see what it actually can do. Im not rating chars on what they might be able to do, but rather how they perform in competitive play in our current meta and their MU spread. Both looks bad for him, so hes low tier.

Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:34 am

MGN Username: Appley
Currently Playing: SSF2, Earthbound, and some old DS relics
Cookies wrote:
WRXJoey wrote:
ok ok hold on now
Quote:

first off, terrible range? Im just gonna assume you don't play ness often because this is straight up false. DJC fair and canceled PKT are amazing and safe as s#%$&. Second, lack of mobility? really? PSI Magnet is amazing for movement, giving ness an almost shine like way of doing turnaround in the air, and DJC speeds up platform movement. His air speed is pretty decent and his dash is lackluster but i wouldn't say he's "lacking"

I have no idea what you're talking about when you call upair slow, its one of the strongest upairs in the game, comes out around frame 6, combos from upthrow/upsmash at kill %s (even with DI on some characters) and has low landing lag. Although ness' grab range is s#%$&, the fact that DJC fair leads into grab even with SDI makes the short grab redeemable. Again, i assume you don't play ness because fsmash has way more range than it looks, has a stupid hitbox around ness, and hits below the ledge for a majority of the cast. It also combos from fair at all %s if you fastfall DJC. You also seem to ignore both weak dair, bair, and PKT2 as kill moves. I know that bair and PKT2 aren't as good as main games, but bair still kills and PKT2 works with some gimmick s#%$& due to how ledgesnapping works with it.

*PKT2 doesnt kill Jiggs on WW at 140%*,.
please tell me that's a top tier inside joke

Mains: :ness:

Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:11 am

MGN Username: Shine!
Currently Playing: Minecraft Bedrock & Roblox
Waifu: All guys from Free!
TheCodeSamurai wrote:

Well, I may not have alot of info ABOUT yoshi bit I'll give my opinions on him based on my MU experience.

Yoshi has bad mobility outside of his DJC (isn't he like top 5 worst dash speed), he has a weakness to rushdown. His weight doesn't help him either. He's very easy to combo into high % and his hurtbox is deceptively big(especially around his head/nose) which doesn't help at all. His combos are mainly vertical so floaties can DI out easily and fast fallers aren't put into high knockback until middling percents.

Yoshi's recovery is NOT underrated. His recovery is very mediocre if anything bad. His midair jump while granting alot of height and some pseudo super armor frames is great and all. The opponent can just wait out the super armor and tap him to his death. Also Yoshi's DJ Armor deteriorates at higher % so smash attacks and powerful aerials will kill him anyway. You also have to take account the stage, slanted ledges(FD, SV) Yoshi's recovery is ALOT worse due to ledge clipping. And while Egg Throw gives Yoshi a tiny hop, you can hit Yoshi out if it because it doesn't provide a hitbox or armor.

Yoshi also has mediocre Kill Power, his only KO moves are like Fair(which requires an offstage setup,), Dsmash, and Uair(doesn't kill heavies that well).

He also lacks a good combo game outside of tilt spam and he also in general has bad range and priority. His lack of Disjoints or even semi-disjoints(like Zelda or Ness) leave him largely outranged. He also had a bad grab and meh throws.

Yoshi is low mid or high low but he is nowhere close to high tier.

Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:15 am
YIM
 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next