The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 4:59 am

[ 3 posts ] 
LilMac's app 

Before reading, please forget my ridiculous comments before today.
Name (aka Handle):
LilMac
How old are you?:
Which characters do you play in SSF2? Why do you play these characters? (Note: do not list characters that are not currently in the game): Fox, Goku and Ichigo
These character's represent my 3 levels of play.
Agressive, Defensive, and a well mix of both,

Goku: Goku is the defensive main. His playstyle and moveset well fits me for a well playing offensive opponent, as to which I cannot handle in certain cases.

Fox: Fox is the offensive character. His speed and power are unimaginative as to which I can finsh a match. I reserve fox for players that have no idea what they are doing, or they don't fare well against pressure pushers.

Ichigo: Ichigo is the well mix of both. His speed and power allows him to pressure an opponent to the best of his ability, but can also keep speedy aggressors at bay. I have yet to master him, but have learned new details and tricks about him that no one else might know.

How much experience do you have with official Smash titles? (SSB64, Melee, Brawl. Include in this answer which characters you play/played.):
I've played every Smash game at least once. Every fan game, mod, or game close in resemblance to Smash. Some I play more than others. I currently play Melee, PM, and of course SSF2. Along with Rivals of Aether and Smash Bros Crusade.

Have you ever attended any Smash tournaments? If so, give some details about the tournament (number of participants, which games, etc). How well did you place?
I have never attended any official tourneys. I attended my school's annual smash tourney, and placed 2nd in singles, and 1st in doubles http://challonge.com/mcaprojectm
I also attend SSF2 tourney's regularly now. I took a long break, and when returning I managed to place 6th in Smash Island a week ago.

When did you start playing SSF2?
09.a

What is your favorite stage in SSF2? Explain.
The 3ds stage is my most favorite stage in the game. It is the perfect size to settle disputes rather than FD or TOS. The stage is lagless online, the stage has an equal size, and has a no john factor(You cant blame the stage for your loss)

Who, in your opinion, should be placed first on the SSF2 tier list? Under competitive settings why would this character perform on a higher level than all others?
Ive had a hard time deciding this, considering that all of the top tier characters have been giving me trouble since i have been a member of the SSF2 community. But, I've come to a conclusion. And this character is not Meta Knight, but in fact, Lloyd Irving.
Lloyd has a wide arsenal of moves that keep you on your feet at all times. You can't stay away from him, his down attack with catch you off guard, if not paying attention. His side b and neutral b are both perfect for spacing, and he is one of the few characters who can act out of his recovery. Next to ZSS and a few others. His grab range is godlike. Anyone who runs straight up with Lloyd to their opponent will 95% of the time get that grab. His downsmash, similar to Megaman, has an instant kill factor above 90%.

Who, in your opinion, should be placed last on the SSF2 tier list? Under competitive settings why would this character perform on a lower level than all others?
Most people say Chibi Robo, due to the fact that, he is least played and has no recovery, but I think he has potential. In my opininon, Sora is lowest. He relies solely on flowmotion for setups. Only, top competitive Soras have been using different approach methods. His smash attacks have minimal to no knockback at low percentages. His upward recovery is angled. And example is of Captain Falcon's recovery. It is one position.

If you could make only one change to SSF2 as it currently is, what would it be and why?
If I could change anything, it would be the distribution of the hitboxes. I've missed countless attacks that have whizzed past characters due to the fact hat the hitboxes are off. I would change many little things as well, but that is too much.

What is your view on items in competitive play?
I feel like they interfere with actual play. Many items deter the outcome of a match, such as a stray red shell, or a Pokeball. Items to me are used for fun, not for competitive play.

Do you have or can you download Skype? You don't need a mic or webcam.
I have Skype. @LilMocks

Why do you want to join the Smash Flash Back Room? What will you contribute? Why are you an exceptional applicant? Be as detailed as possible.
The exclusive club that shapes the future of competitive SSF2. Imagine that. I've always wanted to make change or help someone with change. And I fell in love with the community, and how lively it is. The suggestions I have are just right to the point, knowing that I can create change. Im not the best player ever, but everyone deserves a chance right?

Additional information (Include in this section anything relevant to your application. This could include links to videos of yourself playing.)
Nothing too Important. I have a tiny combo string to win a game. But nothing flashy. If you wanna see it tell me.

Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:08 pm

Bump #1

Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:11 am
SSF2 Developer

We thank you for your interest in the Back Room. However, we are sorry to inform you that your application has been declined at this time. Feel free to apply again after the release of SSF2 Beta.

Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:35 pm
 [ 3 posts ]