The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 3:00 pm

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 2525 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 165, 166, 167, 168, 169  Next
Sonic the Hedgehog 

MGN Username: bagrielmarmanjo
Currently Playing: SSF2, M.U.G.E.N (rarely), GBA Kirby Games, SSBC, Deltarune
Waifu: i like bepis
wtf happened to shadow's character

out of ideas here '-'

Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:56 am

MGN Username: Sonario
Currently Playing: games probably
Waifu: Speedwagon
06 actually had some of the best Shadow characterization IMO.

Flash Card: show

My thanks to Utah P. Teasdale (Harr) for the amazing Flash Card.

Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:00 pm

bagrielmarmanjo wrote:
wtf happened to shadow's character

they completed his entire arc in SA2 and then brought him back from death because they were cowards who were fine with ruining his heroic sacrifice just because he was popular

then they toyed with the idea that he was actually a clone of the "real" shadow and it would have been cool and interesting but then they gave up on that too

then he became a CIA agent and probably did some super shady s*** in central america or something idk

Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:11 pm

Waifu: zero suit wario
I absolutely wish shadow had remained a clone, that way we can keep shadow around to hang out with the others and keep SA2's ending intact.

Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:40 pm

Currently Playing: bye bye MG
So it turns out Generations 3DS is pretty good, aside from the reused assets and bland presentation. Nearly as short as the console version of course, I finished it in a couple hours.

Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:39 pm

all those 2.5d handheld sonic games are a step down from rush

they're not bad but we got the best one at the start

Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:22 pm
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Sekiro, Persona 4
Waifu: That’s right. PS4.
Sonario wrote:
06 actually had some of the best Shadow characterization IMO.

this is true and one of the many reasons why i love 06

the leader of the bunch wrote:
all those 2.5d handheld sonic games are a step down from rush

they're not bad but we got the best one at the start

i played rush adventure a little bit somewhat recently for the first time and it just made me want to play rush again lol. rush is absolutely the most memorable/good out of all of them

Blue wrote:
lol Cry more, Terminex. f*** f**. lolololololol What a b****.

Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:55 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, Roblox, Kirby Star Allies, Sonic Mania Plus, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Pokemon Emerald, Leauge Of Legends
Waifu: Rera (SSVI)
@Lukepi I don't know why Sonic '06 gets so much hate. The soundtrack is beautiful, the glitches can be used for amazing speedruns, and Silver's character development was good as well! It all says it here:

https://www.fandom.com/articles/sonic-06-isnt-bad-think

YouTube Video:

Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:58 pm
Site Moderator

Waifu: Trollbean
ok well first off literally every Sonic game can be played fast as hell so that's not a good reason to defend this one specifically

The point about the game being easy is actually a mark against it in my mind, and "it isn't the worst" is a terrible argument, not just because it's subjective, but also because another bad game existing doesn't invalidate how bad your game is. Most games are far better than Bubsy 3D, but that doesn't make them not trash

I can't speak for the point about Silver's character development though, I haven't played the actual game. Just pointing out that that article makes some extremely weak points

Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:37 pm

MGN Username: Sonario
Currently Playing: games probably
Waifu: Speedwagon
The characterizations of the hedgehogs in Sonic 06 are IMO Shadow >>> Silver > Sonic.

Shadow's personality, motivations and overall character really peaked here IMO. He got over the angst and extreme edginess and became who he's meant to be; The Ultimate Life-Form and the fighter who strives to keep Maria's promise, regardless of what anyone thinks. A line from 06 "If the world chooses to become my enemy, I will fight like I always have." is my favorite Shadow line.

Silver is meant to be as flawed as he is I think. He comes off as desperate to fix the future no matter the cost but later starts getting more conflicted. There's also his interactions with Blaze that really flesh him out. He's kinda like one of those "tragic hero" types and becomes a real hero in the end.

Sonic on the other hand (this is just my opinion) feels kinda like the bland generic hero in this one. Rushing to save Elise with barely any snark or jokes and being way too serious to feel like the carefree, c*** Sonic I know. He has way more personality in the Adventure games and Modern Sonic games. Even Forces got his trademark "attitude" right at least even if he was a bit on the nose with the friendship stuff. Thankfully Sonic got his personality back after that.

Flash Card: show

My thanks to Utah P. Teasdale (Harr) for the amazing Flash Card.

Last edited by Sonario on Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:16 pm

PsychoSSF2 wrote:
the glitches can be used for amazing speedruns

thats a bad thing

not only is it bad that the glitches are exploitable to such a degree, its really bad when they get in the way and stretch a 4 minute stage to half an hour of retries.

Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:16 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, Roblox, Kirby Star Allies, Sonic Mania Plus, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Pokemon Emerald, Leauge Of Legends
Waifu: Rera (SSVI)
Nonya wrote:
PsychoSSF2 wrote:

thats a bad thing

not only is it bad that the glitches are exploitable to such a degree, its really bad when they get in the way and stretch a 4 minute stage to half an hour of retries.

Didn't you read the article?

YouTube Video:

Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:30 pm

PsychoSSF2 wrote:
Nonya wrote:
PsychoSSF2 wrote:

thats a bad thing

Didn't you read the article?

I read the article, and the only points they made that are even halfway relevant are "the music is good" and "silver's writing wasn't that bad"

They shouldn't try to justify glitches with speedrunning, an exploitable flaw is still a flaw. The paragraph on difficulty doesn't even acknowledge that you need to know how to not break the game at every corner. Not to mention, saying "its not the worst sonic game" is a terrible point to try to make, its not like Boom's existence somehow redeems 06.

Then again, they called Shadow the Hedgehog a GTA clone, so this is either really good satire or written by an idiot who really, really wants people to take his word for it.

Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:37 pm

MGN Username: bagrielmarmanjo
Currently Playing: SSF2, M.U.G.E.N (rarely), GBA Kirby Games, SSBC, Deltarune
Waifu: i like bepis
not to mention its faster with sonic if you keep spamming homing attack, not running (although i might be wrong).

out of ideas here '-'

Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:04 pm

MGN Username: Knuckles for SSF2
Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2
lol shadow the Hedgehog is more of a duke Nukem clone then anything.
Also, while Shadow has AMAZING writing (srsly why of all games this one) and silver has eh writing, sonic is legit a generic hero. and the relationship with Elise contradicts his thing in the Adventure games of being straight to the point and as he said in the Final Sonic/Shadow battle "What you see is what you get. Just a simple guy who loves adventure." also bring able to speedrun easier because of the glitches doesn't make the glitches good. and the game doesn't even autosave, and it was released in 2006, when that was common practice! the thing is, while previous 3D Sonic games (the Adventure games is what I'm talkin about) were released in the 2 generations where 3D was being figured out, thus making them a bit glitchy and age not the best, because these results were released in the early(ish) days of 3D, so a few inconsistencies was ok. But a game full of glitches (on par with Superman 64) and trial and error, and a game that doesn't meet standards that all the other 3D sonic games did, that, is why it is bad

Ultimate Secondaries: Toon Link, R.O.B. Richter, Roy, King K Rool, Lucas

Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:29 pm
 [ 2525 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 165, 166, 167, 168, 169  Next